The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cotto vs Canelo

+12
Coxy001
RanjitPatel
Herman Jaeger
kingraf
Dipper Brown
Atila
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
Hands Of Stone
Hammersmith harrier
hazharrison
AdamT
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Cotto vs Canelo

Post by AdamT Thu 13 Aug 2015, 8:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Cotto vs Canelo is official.

Only one winner for me at this stage. Canelo too strong,too big and got youth on his side.

Canelo vs GGG next May or June.


Last edited by AdamT on Thu 13 Aug 2015, 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down


Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by catchweight Mon 17 Aug 2015, 9:53 pm

Alvarez by KO. He will get to Cotto and knock him out.

catchweight

Posts : 4326
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 17 Aug 2015, 9:58 pm

Is Cotto any better than the man who actually beat him?

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by hazharrison Mon 17 Aug 2015, 10:38 pm

Andre Ward vs Periban rumoured to be on the undercard. He's really coming back slowly. DeGale slapped the s hit out of Smith and Periban.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by catchweight Mon 17 Aug 2015, 10:44 pm

Ward is getting paid a ton of money by Rocnation to fight anyone. Until Rocnation decide they dont want to lose their balls anymore he probably will continue on with soft defences. How many top fighters are going to want to sign up to fight him in Oakland at a weight of Wards choosing with Ward taking all the money in any case? Form an orderly queue.

catchweight

Posts : 4326
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 18 Aug 2015, 7:32 am

Ward to fight Periban is a complete nothing fight. I don't mind Ward but this is a disgrace. He'll say well nobody wants to fight me so this is just a ticking over fight. In fairness can't blame him for the GGG fight not happening though, seems GGG was all talk about challenging anyone from 154-168. But surely he can do better than Periban!

If only there was a governing body that could strip a fighter of his title if he was seen to be making too many soft defences. We want to see champions fight contenders ffs.

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3523
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by Coxy001 Tue 18 Aug 2015, 9:04 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:Ward to fight Periban is a complete nothing fight. I don't mind Ward but this is a disgrace. He'll say well nobody wants to fight me so this is just a ticking over fight. In fairness can't blame him for the GGG fight not happening though, seems GGG was all talk about challenging anyone from 154-168. But surely he can do better than Periban!

If only there was a governing body that could strip a fighter of his title if he was seen to be making too many soft defences. We want to see champions fight contenders ffs.

I'll save our esteemed yank the trouble:

"Yeah but GGG gets away with fighting patsies. Frampton and Quigg fight bums.

Blah.

Blah.

Repeat."


Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Aug 2015, 9:08 am

Coxy001 wrote:
Herman Jaeger wrote:Ward to fight Periban is a complete nothing fight. I don't mind Ward but this is a disgrace. He'll say well nobody wants to fight me so this is just a ticking over fight. In fairness can't blame him for the GGG fight not happening though, seems GGG was all talk about challenging anyone from 154-168. But surely he can do better than Periban!

If only there was a governing body that could strip a fighter of his title if he was seen to be making too many soft defences. We want to see champions fight contenders ffs.

I'll save our esteemed yank the trouble:

"Yeah but GGG gets away with fighting patsies. Frampton and Quigg fight bums.

Blah.

Blah.

Repeat."


I'm never going to be as interested in you....... As you are with me !! Cool


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40522
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by Coxy001 Tue 18 Aug 2015, 9:21 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
Herman Jaeger wrote:Ward to fight Periban is a complete nothing fight. I don't mind Ward but this is a disgrace. He'll say well nobody wants to fight me so this is just a ticking over fight. In fairness can't blame him for the GGG fight not happening though, seems GGG was all talk about challenging anyone from 154-168. But surely he can do better than Periban!

If only there was a governing body that could strip a fighter of his title if he was seen to be making too many soft defences. We want to see champions fight contenders ffs.

I'll save our esteemed yank the trouble:

"Yeah but GGG gets away with fighting patsies. Frampton and Quigg fight bums.

Blah.

Blah.

Repeat."


I'm never going to be as interested in you....... As you are with me !! Cool


Left me truly heartbroken fatboy.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Aug 2015, 9:23 am

.... Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40522
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:10 am

Still not convinced Hoya wants Canelo to fight GGG. If Canelo gets destroyed by GGG, they'll lose a massive amount of future revenue.

Notice Tony coming out of retirement and saying he wants Cotto/Canelo winner, is that Hoya's little plan?

Joke if Canelo doesn't fight GGG directly after Cotto if he wins. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I strongly sense Hoya doesn't fancy Canelo's chances against GGG.

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3523
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by AdamT Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:16 am

Joke if they avoid GGG. However if that is the case, GGG will have to consider moving up. If nobody will fight him at middle, he needs to think of his next move.

He is 33, he can't waste years treading water, fighting no name fighters. He has Groves,Degale,Abraham,Dirrell etc at Super Middle. All guys i would pick GGG to beat. If Ward is still in the divison, that could be a superfight a year or 2 down the road.

I have been a bit harsh on GGG. I just want to see him tested and getting the big fights. If it is the case of people being afraid, then he has to make the move up. Super middle is a better divison and I believe he could beat everyone other than Ward. I'm not saying he definitely loses to Ward, but I would definitely make Ward the favourite.


AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:17 am

Who gives a f**k ??.... He'll be number 1 p4p if he fights the milkman ten times with people like you..

Do yourself a favor don't turn into the "Village idiot d4 clone" we have on here...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40522
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:20 am

I have a feeling he beats everyone at super middle bar Ward too...

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3523
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:21 am

Take your own advice, Truss......

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:23 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Take your own advice, Truss......

Thanks for the advice.. thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40522
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:25 am

AdamT wrote:Joke if they avoid GGG. However if that is the case, GGG will have to consider moving up. If nobody will fight him at middle, he needs to think of his next move.

He is 33, he can't waste years treading water, fighting no name fighters. He has Groves,Degale,Abraham,Dirrell etc at Super Middle. All guys i would pick GGG to beat. If Ward is still in the divison, that could be a superfight a year or 2 down the road.

I have been a bit harsh on GGG. I just want to see him tested and getting the big fights. If it is the case of people being afraid, then he has to make the move up. Super middle is a better divison and I believe he could beat everyone other than Ward. I'm not saying he definitely loses to Ward, but I would definitely make Ward the favourite.


Good post, pretty much the way I see it.

Wonder if he could dip down for Lara (would love to see) or K9 for a 154 strap (since Floyd will retire before defending him, I assume elevating Lara to full champ)?

Could then be a triple weight world champion and, with Floyd retired, likely p4p#1.......

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by AdamT Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:28 am

He isn't a large middleweight so he could make 154, no problem. Doubt he will go down. He said he would only move down to Fight Floyd, we all know that ain't happening.

I would like him to fight Groves, if he gets past Jack.


AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:33 am

AdamT wrote:He isn't a large middleweight so he could make 154, no problem. Doubt he will go down. He said he would only move down to Fight Floyd, we all know that ain't happening.

I would like him to fight Groves, if he gets past Jack.


You don't know If he could make it no problem......

Gets harder to drain the older you get....Anyway If he fights Lemmy and then Lee they aren't bad fights....

I'd ask for the guy to be drug tested everyday though....We've seen with these Athletics tests how dodgy athletes from certain parts of the world are..

Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40522
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by AdamT Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:34 am

What are the drug tests like now in boxing? Same old sh1t?


AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:39 am

Judging by the history of East Germany and the Soviet Union in sports.......

If PEDs are rampant..............I'd know where I'd be looking..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40522
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:41 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
AdamT wrote:He isn't a large middleweight so he could make 154, no problem. Doubt he will go down. He said he would only move down to Fight Floyd, we all know that ain't happening.

I would like him to fight Groves, if he gets past Jack.


You don't know If he could make it no problem......

Gets harder to drain the older you get....Anyway If he fights Lemmy and then Lee they aren't bad fights....

I'd ask for the guy to be drug tested everyday though....We've seen with these Athletics tests how dodgy athletes from certain parts of the world are..

Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him..

Trust him as much as Floyd? The guy that paid of Manny's legal team to keep his results buried and doesn't do VADA??

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:42 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Judging by the history of East Germany and the Soviet Union in sports.......

If PEDs are rampant..............I'd know where I'd be looking..

Typical f*cking Yank, Cold War ended decades ago....... Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:43 am

Floyd isn't a cheat.......

He's from the USA ......That Country that rules the world.....

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40522
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by Coxy001 Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:48 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Judging by the history of East Germany and the Soviet Union in sports.......

If PEDs are rampant..............I'd know where I'd be looking..

Yup, American's are squeeky clean. I mean some of their biggest stars like Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong, Marion Jones, Justin Gatlin, Shawn Crawford, Jon Drummond and a whole host of other names haven't dragged their sports/disciplines through the mud in recent times.

BALCO anyone?

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:49 am

Coxy001 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Judging by the history of East Germany and the Soviet Union in sports.......

If PEDs are rampant..............I'd know where I'd be looking..

Yup, American's are squeeky clean.

It's plural not singular.....

Glad you agree with me though !! thumbsup Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40522
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by AdamT Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:53 am

Did Floyd look more muscular vs Marquez, after his long layoff?

It is an honest question. Always thought he looked bigger since the Hatton fight.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:54 am

Probably lifted a few weights in his spare time.....

The ease in which he beat Manny...Probably needs something else to do so he doesn't get bored..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40522
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by AdamT Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:57 am

Was it that easy though??

No question he won and I had it 9 rounds to 3. Floyd still missed a lot more than usual and was landing glancing blows a lot.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:59 am

AdamT wrote:Was it that easy though??

No question he won and I had it 9 rounds to 3. Floyd still missed a lot more than usual and was landing glancing blows a lot.

Laughably easy....... Floyd can walk on water..

Cool dTRUSSMAN4 Cool


Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40522
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by Derbymanc Wed 19 Aug 2015, 11:05 am

Are you kidding, Floyd got battered by Manny the judges were just paid off way before the fight started. Have you not seen that video slowed down so you can clearly see Manny was the better worker, better fighter, harder puncher, better mover. If it hadn't have been from his definitely 100 percent totally injured and unusable shoulder Manny would have knocked him out in 2.

Smile
(That sounds more like it Truss)

Derbymanc

Posts : 4008
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by Coxy001 Wed 19 Aug 2015, 11:15 am

Derbymanc wrote:Are you kidding, Floyd got battered by Manny the judges were just paid off way before the fight started. Have you not seen that video slowed down so you can clearly see Manny was the better worker, better fighter, harder puncher, better mover. If it hadn't have been from his definitely 100 percent totally injured and unusable shoulder Manny would have knocked him out in 2.

Smile
(That sounds more like it Truss)

Has D4 killed himself btw? Popped over to that forum full of muppets and didn't see him repeating the same thing over, and over, and over again.


Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Aug 2015, 11:18 am

Labor day soon.....First Monday in September.....A celebration to all that work hard and contribute to the World's most glowing economy..

Second to Independence day though !! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40522
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by Derbymanc Wed 19 Aug 2015, 11:29 am

He's not been around since Pac's mauling, he tried to justify it and got ripped by everyon and then disappeared, no bad thing though Smile

Derbymanc

Posts : 4008
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by AdamT Wed 19 Aug 2015, 11:37 am

I'd say he is still lurking, just using a different user name.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by Coxy001 Wed 19 Aug 2015, 11:37 am

Derbymanc wrote:He's not been around since Pac's mauling, he tried to justify it and got ripped by everyon and then disappeared, no bad thing though Smile

The prophet (me) forecasted that he wouldn't remain a "fan" as he wasn't one and would simply slant away leaving proper fans alone to argue between themselves (and collectively call Truss a wally at every turn for want of using another derogatory term that begins with 'W')

Getting confused and can't be arsed to google, but is there an undercard announced for Cotto v Canelo yet? With the GGG card and then this it's shaping up to be a decent few weeks of boxing.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by Coxy001 Wed 19 Aug 2015, 11:37 am

AdamT wrote:I'd say he is still lurking, just using a different user name.

£100 on Trussman.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by AdamT Wed 19 Aug 2015, 11:47 am

Coxy001 wrote:
AdamT wrote:I'd say he is still lurking, just using a different user name.

£100 on Trussman.

You think? No way!

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Aug 2015, 12:37 pm

AdamT wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
AdamT wrote:I'd say he is still lurking, just using a different user name.

£100 on Trussman.

You think? No way!

£100 .............That's three shifts at Burger King for Coxy....

I wouldn't take his money..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40522
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Canelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto vs Canelo

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum