The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will end up with more major wins?

+5
Roller_Coaster
McLaren
hend085
incontinentia
sirbenson
9 posters

Go down

Who will end up with more major wins Spieth or Mcilroy?

Who will end up with more major wins?  Vote_lcap63%Who will end up with more major wins?  Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 10 ]
Who will end up with more major wins?  Vote_lcap37%Who will end up with more major wins?  Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

Who will end up with more major wins?  Empty Who will end up with more major wins?

Post by sirbenson Mon 17 Aug 2015, 9:39 pm

Jordan Spieth or Rory Mcilroy

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Who will end up with more major wins?  Empty Re: Who will end up with more major wins?

Post by incontinentia Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:20 am

I feel Spieth's consistency will deliver more Majors. Rory seems to depend on hot streaks and seems less able to contend with his B-game.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Who will end up with more major wins?  Empty Re: Who will end up with more major wins?

Post by hend085 Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:24 am

incontinentia wrote:I feel Spieth's consistency will deliver more Majors. Rory seems to depend on hot streaks and seems less able to contend with his B-game.

this is why i think Rory will have more majors and Spieth will have more top 5/10s

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 18 Aug 2015, 11:41 am

Simba because he has a far superior short game compared to Rory and is more suited to longevity.

I get that when Rory turns up hitting 4 irons with the ease the rest of the field are hitting 9 irons he will destroy them but when was the last time that happened? It appears he needs to rely on his shaky short game more often than he needs to in order to beat Spieth in career majors.

Spieth will be grinding it out down the stretch in Majors long after Rory due to a better short game and more focused mental state.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 18 Aug 2015, 11:54 am

Drive for show, putt for dough.

The old adage, but I think pertinent here and why I have chosen Spieth who appears to have a level of consistent (OK very short majors career to date) brilliance with the putter ahead of Rory's seemingly more streaky brilliance. That and he's younger and already has 2.

It'll be good to watch over the coming years either way.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 18 Aug 2015, 1:52 pm

McLaren wrote:Simba because he has a far superior short game compared to Rory and is more suited to longevity.

I get that when Rory turns up hitting 4 irons with the ease the rest of the field are hitting 9 irons he will destroy them but when was the last time that happened?  It appears he needs to rely on his shaky short game more often than he needs to in order to beat Spieth in career majors.

Spieth will be grinding it out down the stretch in Majors long after Rory due to a better short game and more focused mental state.

Highly amusing the way you cast assumptions in stone Mac, just because Spieth is perceived to currently have a more focussed mental state, who's to say he can stay there? Odds are of course that he probably will but the past is littered by very focussed people just losing it. One example that spring to mind is Borg in tennis, supremely focussed a dominated the game for a few years...then just lost focus and retired at 26.

Injuries and major life events can throw even the most focussed completely out of kilter.

I just think as golf fans, all being well, we have a lot to look forward to over the next few years, the comparisons can come after that.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Tue 18 Aug 2015, 2:05 pm

I went for Rory, because Rhys Davies.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 18 Aug 2015, 2:32 pm

Jas

Maybe you are right and Simba's focus and mental strength down the stretch will fade as he gets a little jaded with life as pro golfer. I agree that it is hard to imagine him being so eager in ten years time. I will subtract a couple of majors from spieth, but he still beats Rory.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 18 Aug 2015, 2:35 pm

Any reference to "simba" should result in an instant ban

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 18 Aug 2015, 2:42 pm

super_realist wrote:Any reference to "simba" should result in an instant ban
Tempting...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down