The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fifth and Final Test at The Oval

+14
Hammersmith harrier
JDizzle
wisden
Gooseberry
trebellbobaggins
alfie
kingraf
VTR
temporary21
Good Golly I'm Olly
guildfordbat
CaledonianCraig
GSC
Duty281
18 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The Fifth and Final Test at The Oval - Page 5 Empty The Fifth and Final Test at The Oval

Post by Duty281 Thu 20 Aug 2015, 10:32 am

First topic message reminder :

England bowling first!

England Team
A Lyth, AN Cook*, IR Bell, JE Root, JM Bairstow, BA Stokes, JC Buttler†, MM Ali, SCJ Broad, MA Wood, ST Finn
Australia Team
CJL Rogers, DA Warner, SPD Smith, MJ Clarke*, AC Voges, MR Marsh, PM Nevill†, MG Johnson, PM Siddle, MA Starc, NM Lyon

Two changes for Australia - Siddle in for Hazelwood, and Mitchell Marsh replaces his brother. No Shane Watson recall.

England unchanged.

4-1 is so very possible.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

The Fifth and Final Test at The Oval - Page 5 Empty Re: The Fifth and Final Test at The Oval

Post by alfie Sun 23 Aug 2015, 12:59 pm

Well I see trebell's rain arrived on cue...

Somehow doubt it will continue for five sessions. But does make you wonder if Cook had received a bit more support what might have been.

Not that it really matters : in truth Australia have still dominated this match , whether or not they get a win in the books. And , more importantly , England beat them handsomely 3-1 over the first four games and have fully earned the rights to the urn.

If they want to have a chance of retaining it in a couple of years a few more improvements are needed ; fair enough. Work for the new coaching group. Starting with the UAE tour.

But for now ; celebrate as soon as this is finished one way or another Bubbly

alfie

Back to top Go down

The Fifth and Final Test at The Oval - Page 5 Empty Re: The Fifth and Final Test at The Oval

Post by Duty281 Sun 23 Aug 2015, 1:07 pm

One last bet for the series - 14/1 that this game is a draw. One last nibble.

Tomorrow looks horrific, weather wise, and currently we have the sort of rain which will last for a few hours.

And need I mention that Moeen and Broad both have test centuries?!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 23 Aug 2015, 2:13 pm

Told you Alfie.  I worked hard on that dance. (not hard enough it turns out).

Agree with all you say there.

Last edited by trebellbobaggins on Sun 23 Aug 2015, 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 23 Aug 2015, 3:06 pm

silly London, can't even rain for a whole day.

Congrats Aussie.

Overall good to get the Ashes back but a poor quality series really.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 23 Aug 2015, 3:30 pm

Game over. Series over. Well done to Australia in this one. clap

England land the expected victory, but it was closer than I anticipated. Serious improvements need to be made on the batting front if England are going to have a chance against Pakistan and South Africa - hopefully the form of the bowlers will remain; England always have a chance if their seamers bowl with the kind of aggression that we saw in Birmingham and Nottingham.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 23 Aug 2015, 3:33 pm

What a woeful series in terms of quality and entertainment
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 23 Aug 2015, 3:56 pm

Olly wrote:What a woeful series in terms of quality and entertainment

I thought there were some good performances at times but the complete absence of ebb and flow in every match was very disappointing.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 23 Aug 2015, 3:59 pm

Oh well we managed to get one test back at the end. Well done to you English on winning the series though. Wait until you come and play us in Oz. We will whitewash you next time...honest Smile

Regards

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 23 Aug 2015, 4:09 pm

We? Are you Steve Smith?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 23 Aug 2015, 4:12 pm

Duty281 wrote:We? Are you Steve Smith?
I'm an honorary Aussie for the Ashes. Always have been since I was a kid. But well done to you lot on wining a deserved series victory

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 23 Aug 2015, 4:15 pm

Shame on you, Steffan. Cheering against Wales, even when Simon Jones was performing some heroics in 2005.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 23 Aug 2015, 4:21 pm

Duty281 wrote:Shame on you, Steffan. Cheering against Wales, even when Simon Jones was performing some heroics in 2005.
Watching Welsh players for England is kind of like watching Giggs for Man United. I would always be happy for him score 2 or 3 goals...as long as by the end of the match the other team had scored more

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5