The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY vs KENT ROYAL LONDON CUP QUARTER FINAL

+2
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SURREY vs KENT ROYAL LONDON CUP QUARTER FINAL - Page 2 Empty SURREY vs KENT ROYAL LONDON CUP QUARTER FINAL

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

SURREY HAVE NAMED A THIRTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THEIR ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP QUARTER FINAL AGAINST THE KENT SPITFIRES AT THE KIA OVAL ON THURSDAY.
Zafar Ansari is named in the squad having recovered from his hamstring strain and Kumar Sangakkara returns to the squad having played his final Test Match for Sri Lanka earlier in the week against India.Gary Wilson is unavailable after being selected in the Ireland squad for their One Day International against Australia. (olly will be gutted) Wink
The Surrey squad to play the Kent Spitfires in the Royal London One Day Cup Quarter Final at the Kia Oval on Thursday 27th August:
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
James Burke
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Jade Dernbach
Matthew Dunn
Ben Foakes
Aneesh Kapil
Kumar Sangakkara
Jason Roy
dunn and kapil the most likely to be performing drink duties
over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs KENT ROYAL LONDON CUP QUARTER FINAL - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY vs KENT ROYAL LONDON CUP QUARTER FINAL

Post by SimonofSurrey Fri 28 Aug 2015, 4:21 pm

I would rather we replaced JR. with Harinath. We don't need Wilson's keeping. That's All excelled again last night. With Harinath as a rhb opener, a series of lhb stroke makers - Davies, Sanga, Burns, Zaf, maybe even Pitt the even Younger - could blast away around his anchor role. Not forgetting That's All to come in and move it along too. Taxi for Harold, say I.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs KENT ROYAL LONDON CUP QUARTER FINAL - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY vs KENT ROYAL LONDON CUP QUARTER FINAL

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 28 Aug 2015, 4:30 pm

not again simon picard

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Fri 28 Aug 2015, 5:56 pm

Sorry jimbob.

...broken record, moi?

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 28 Aug 2015, 6:20 pm

SimonofSurrey wrote:Sorry jimbob.

...broken record, moi?
Don't forget chaps, that 606v2 caters for all eventualities: Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record  Wink

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 28 Aug 2015, 6:53 pm

Ok, my turn to be the Broken Record . Harinath hasn't featured in Stewie & Ford's RL 50 plans so far this season. I just can't see them changing that at such a late stage.

That major practical point emphasised, I certainly don't think that a shout for Harinath is a daft one. He's worked hard and successfully on being more attacking at the crease - he should no longer be pigeon holed as just a Champo player.

His bowling might also be a small bonus. Our most economical bowler this season in the Championship. Not suggesting for a moment he bowl a full allotment in a limited overs game but we might get, say, 3 tidy overs out of him early on which would give us further bowling options.

One slight issue though. You've got me doubting myself now but I'm 99% sure Harinath is a left handed bat. That doesn't of course mean he can't be picked but it doesn't break up the left handers as Simon hoped.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 28 Aug 2015, 8:10 pm

...broken record, moi?
right handed harinath Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurryfan Fri 28 Aug 2015, 11:32 pm

Just caught up with the highlights on the Surrey website...make for compulsive viewing!

chichestersurryfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Sat 29 Aug 2015, 12:48 am

jimbobgooner wrote:

...broken record, moi?

Ah cr@p - you're right (?left) of course jimbob. Not my greatest day on this forum Doh I can only put my confusion down today to the aftershock of the extraordinary spectacle last night of seeing the left handed Matt Coles reverse sweeping two of his nine sixes not just over the rope but damn nearly clean out of the ground.

Incidentally, I checked out M Coles's one day stats today out of interest. According to this:http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/player/297630.html it would appear that he scored last night half as many one day runs as he had managed in 27 previous innings (with 5 not outs) - though he has previously made one unbeaten ton in the CC. Sheesh!

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 30 Aug 2015, 1:11 pm

SimonofSurrey wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:

...broken record, moi?

Ah cr@p - you're right (?left) of course jimbob. Not my greatest day on this forum Doh
Hug

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2