The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY vs NOTTINGHAMSHIRE OUTLAWS ROYAL LONDON CUP SEMI FINAL

+6
Good Golly I'm Olly
LondonTiger
chichestersurryfan
Corporalhumblebucket
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SURREY vs  NOTTINGHAMSHIRE OUTLAWS ROYAL LONDON CUP SEMI FINAL Empty SURREY vs NOTTINGHAMSHIRE OUTLAWS ROYAL LONDON CUP SEMI FINAL

Post by jimbobgooner Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:34 pm

SURREY HAVE NAMED A THIRTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THE ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP SEMI FINAL AGAINST THE NOTTINGHAMSHIRE OUTLAWS ON MONDAY AT THE KIA OVAL.
Jason Roy is unavailable due to his England Selection for the current One Day Series against Australia but Gary Wilson returns to the squad after missing Surrey’s Quarter Final because of Ireland duty.
The Surrey squad to play the Nottinghamshire Outlaws in the Royal London One Day Cup at the Kia Oval on Monday 7th September :
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
James Burke
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Jade Dernbach
Matthew Dunn
Ben Foakes
Aneesh Kapil
Kumar Sangakkara
Gary Wilson
kapil and dunn will be cheering the team on from the sides clap
over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs  NOTTINGHAMSHIRE OUTLAWS ROYAL LONDON CUP SEMI FINAL Empty Re: SURREY vs NOTTINGHAMSHIRE OUTLAWS ROYAL LONDON CUP SEMI FINAL

Post by guildfordbat Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:46 pm

Thanks, JimBob.

Assuming no injuries (Wilson had a stiff neck on Friday and Foakes kept), I agree about Kapil and Dunn missing out.

I'm going tomorrow.

PS JimBob and all - interested in your thoughts on the voting categories shown on the ''Surrey Celebration'' thread. Cheers.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs  NOTTINGHAMSHIRE OUTLAWS ROYAL LONDON CUP SEMI FINAL Empty Re: SURREY vs NOTTINGHAMSHIRE OUTLAWS ROYAL LONDON CUP SEMI FINAL

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:33 am

I also agree the likely team selection, with Kapil for Harold if the latter wakes up with a stiff neck tomorrow.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurryfan Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:57 am

Guildford, enjoy the match tomorrow!  Very envious Shocked

At least it should be a bit warmer than last Thursday....s Very Happy And hopefully you will be able to enjoy a few Ale Ale Ale celebrating a Surrey win!

chichestersurryfan

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:08 am

Thanks, Chichester. Whatever the result the friend I'm going with will definitely ensure some Ale is involved! Very Happy

PS Know you've only been able to follow Surrey from a distance much of this season but still would welcome your input for the voting categories on the Celebration thread. thumbsup

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:09 pm

Surrey win the toss and choose to bat.

Surrey : Davies, Foakes, Sangakkara, Burns, Wilson, Ansari, Kapil, S.Curran,T.Curran,
Batty,Dernbach

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:09 pm

Is that a top five made up of keepers?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:11 pm

Notts:

Wessels, Lumb, B Taylor, Smith, Patel, Christian, Read, Mullaney, Broad, Ball, Gurney

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:12 pm

Burke out with a bad back

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:13 pm

Burke is injured so the lesser spotted Kapil.comes in
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:22 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Is that a top five made up of keepers?

Yes and it's awesome
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:23 pm

Will be glad to finally see the Curran boys play - as their statistics have been fantastic. Ansari too I guess as it has been a few years since I last saw him. (Hoping to see that the hype over Ansari is justified)

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:30 pm

That's all opening a waste of the batting power play

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:50 pm

Grr, I do not get SP3, so will have to wait till next season to see the Currans

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:52 pm

Sangakkara takes out the stumps with a dive. Stop the match it's already peaked!

Tiger you can stream it online if you wish too - cricfree usually shows it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:55 pm

Not often you see Sanga with his middle stump out....hehe
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:01 pm

Olly wrote:Sangakkara takes out the stumps with a dive. Stop the match it's already peaked!

Tiger you can stream it online if you wish too - cricfree usually shows it

My business loses a shedload of money due to illegal downloads - so although a different area I refuse to watch illegally streamed sport on moral grounds.

Will see Kevin's boys when you come to Headingley next year - if it fits my diary.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:08 pm

Tough start for Surrey. Maybe not surprising batting first on a September morning. Am in the ground near the front of Laker Stand with my 19 year old son if anyone is around & wants to say hello: hooped blue & white sweatshirt and wearing a black cap with Brittany logo

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:12 pm

Need to get myself to a game next season - maybe we need to organise a proper v2 meet up
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:30 pm

68-1 off 15 overs - solid start from the rey
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:38 pm

Surrey have five bowlers plus Kapil. I think they won't want to use Kapil at all unless one of the others takes some serious stick.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:10 pm

50 for Sanga
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:20 pm

143-2 off 30

Should be looking at 280+ here - deck looks like it'll turn
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:28 pm

147 - 3 with only 17+ overs to go. Sanga still going strong but Burns has gone.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:49 pm

Someone tell Harold to get a shift on
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:56 pm

Brilliant century from Sanga - what a man
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:13 am

Someone give sanga an energy drink - blokes blowing out his backside
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:16 am

Acceleration in progress. Not going to be a huge total but they have managed 54 off last 5 overs. clap 238 - after 44 overs.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:29 am

262-3 off 47. Hopefully we can make 290+ which is a very good score
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:39 am

166 off 138 balls from Sangakkara. What a freaking innings that is - so jealous of those who were there to witness it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:44 am

Masterful innings from Sangakkara, but I think Nottinghamshire will be confident of chasing 301 on this pitch.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:53 am

Sanga's innings was spectacular in its inevitability. He never bullied the bowling (except maybe Gurney on over 49) but never looked like being dismissed. A masterclass and a privilege to have been here to see it all.

If Notts make 301 to win they will be worthy finalists.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:09 am

Sounds like a great innings by Sanga. clap clap  

Competitive total, although Notts have a long batting line up and will no doubt be fairly optimistic that they can chase down the target.  I had thought Surrey had left it rather late to start the accelaration. I guess the key was that Sanga and Harold had a lengthy partnership of 149 and stayed together during the acceleration. Otherwise we could easily have spluttered along to about 270.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:35 am

Brilliant bowling from Curran.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:35 am

69-3 off 17 now. Could do with another wicket about now.

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:41 am

Duty281 wrote:Brilliant bowling from Curran.

He's 17. 17. It's outrageous how good he is
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:53 am

Notts favs here
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:08 am

Big problems now. Smith has stumbled his way to a gritty near ton while Aussie Christian seems to hit sixes when the mood takes him. 84 needed off 9 but for the first time in the Notts innings it feels like they might do it

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:10 am

219 - 5 and a badly needed wicket. Christian caught by Ansari off Kapil. 82 runs needed off 51 balls. I would say Notts are just favourite

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:25 am

46 to win off 5. Seems like every mishit is evading the fielders and every top edge falling safe. Grrrrr!

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:29 am

Think we're going to throw this one away....

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:38 am

Only need 27 off 3 now - another expensive over from Dernbach (10 with a six in it) Not good enough from him I'm afraid.

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:51 am

14 needed off 6 balls with three wickets left. Good penultimate over from Dernbach. All to play for.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:59 am

Great game of cricket.

Nottinghamshire's poor running between the wickets has cost them a place in the final. In those middle overs, Patel and Smith were far too happy to merely amble singles for a good deal of the time, rather than pressuring the fielders with quick running. Of course, this was predominantly because of Patel's lack of fitness.

Dernbach's death bowling has improved, which is good to see. And Curran, the younger one, is a ridiculous talent; the swing he was generating at the start of the innings was something that James Anderson would be pleased with.

Last edited by Duty281 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:00 am

Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly

Yay! Not quite sure how we managed that.  Notts looked to have it more or less under control from a fair way before the end.

Well done Surrey.  The bar's open.  Whisky Whisky Whisky Whisky Whisky guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness RedWine RedWine RedWine RedWine RedWine Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:02 am

A great great game with two contrasting but equally noteworthy centuries. Huge kudos to Notts for getting where they did from 16-3. The final will be hard pushed toatch today for drama

PS no-one else seems to have said it. Surrey won by 4 runs

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:05 am

Trust Olly has noted that #ansariforengland was the most economical bowler on either side! clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:05 am

What a game of cricket that was - a shame one side had to lose

BUT C'MON THE REY!!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:37 am

The reverse paddle over the keeper from Sangakkara off Gurney today might just be the best thing I've ever seen

What a man - that innings is staying on the sky planner for a long time!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:56 am

Haha - just watchin highlights of Sanga's innings on Surrey website. Those flicks/ramps over the keeper's head are brilliant! Laugh Laugh

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next