The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY vs LANCASHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+4
SimonofSurrey
LondonTiger
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

SURREY vs LANCASHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 3 Empty SURREY vs LANCASHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

SURREY HAVE NAMED A THIRTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AGAINST LANCASHIRE AT THE EMIRATES OLD TRAFFORD STARTING ON MONDAY.
Jason Roy returns to the squad after playing for England in the current One Day Series against Australia. Very Happy
Jade dernbach misses out through injury hopefully he will be ok for saturday Fingers Crossed
The Surrey squad to play Lancashire in the LV=County Championship on Monday 14th September, Tuesday 15th September, Wednesday 16th September and Thursday 17th September :
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
James Burke
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Matthew Dunn
Ben Foakes
Arun Harinath
Jason Roy
Kumar Sangakkara
Gary Wilson
dunn and harinath (tough break) will probably miss out
over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs LANCASHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 3 Empty Re: SURREY vs LANCASHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by chichestersurryfan Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:33 pm

Very sorry to hear the news about the Viscount having to retire through injury...always struck me as a model professional cricketer in every sense....will be very much missed by Surrey and his legion of fans.. thank you for being such a loyal Surrey player... And a really good professional cricketer who on his day was a top drawer bowler! Good luck in your future career whatever that may be.

chichestersurryfan

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs LANCASHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 3 Empty Re: SURREY vs LANCASHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:17 am

Think Lancashire will probably see out today - the loss of #ansariforengland is a big blow especially with Clive off colour in the first dig
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:40 am

Clive might just surprise some people today. I suspect he'll get plenty of opportunity anyway. In view of Saturday's final and a question mark hanging over Dernbach's fitness for that, Batty will be reluctant to bowl the Currans into the ground.

Meanwhile, final score on the Manchester weather forecasts:
Chichester and the Corporal 2 Radio Lancs Guy 0 clap thumbsup

Out now until late afternoon.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:22 pm

Two wickets for "Clive" Dunn. Lancs are 72 -3 and not trying any extravagent stroke making, judging by the cautious scoring rate. I would expect Batty to have a long bowl today.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:03 pm

not looking good chaps Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:05 pm

Tbh I think I quiet draw, with (hopefully) faster bowlers not going flat out after the early burst with the new ball, suits us well.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:07 pm

Lancs lose a flurry of late wickets to slip to 194 - 7.  Cricinfo reports a minimum of 11 overs left.  Tom Curran and Clive Dunn each have 3 wickets.

Still odds on a draw, but even so it will be good to finish on a high note.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:23 pm

off for bad light again Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:29 pm

Whether we get back on or not (probably not) huge kudos to the Curran brothers who by my calculations have taken 12 wickets at under 20 apiece in around 90 overs, at a little over two and a half per over. A truly astonishing effort from a truly astonishing pair of young players.

Tom, Sam we salute you - and have our fingers firmly crossed that you have a good rest on the long journey home tonight so you can find 20 more great overs between you tomorrow.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:32 pm

oops - make that '...20 more great overs between you the day after tomorrow'.

I forgot that there's a Friday this week between Thursday and Saturday... Sorry

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:46 pm

Hey umpires pull your fingers out and finish the match
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:20 pm

should have declared earlier warning

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:56 pm

Wasn't around today to follow events but just going from the final scorecard still feel - perhaps a bit surprisingly - very satisfied. Obviously a shame we didn't get the win but we showed we're in good form and the best Division Two team out there.

The Currans understandably and rightly continue to hog the headlines but I was pleased to see a return to some form for Dunn.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:37 pm

Btw, Corporal, trust the bar is open? Not appropriate to celebrate tonight but I feel we still all deserve a Ale

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:27 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Btw, Corporal, trust the bar is open? Not appropriate to celebrate tonight but I feel we still all deserve a Ale  

The bar is indeed open for quick nightcap, Guildford, tho for my own part I feel a mug of cocoa might be more in order! mug

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:36 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:Btw, Corporal, trust the bar is open? Not appropriate to celebrate tonight but I feel we still all deserve a Ale  

The bar is indeed open for quick nightcap, Guildford, tho for my own part I feel a mug of cocoa might be more in order! mug

I was thinking of Chichester! Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:12 am

jimbobgooner wrote:should have declared earlier warning

With respect jimbob, I'm going to disagree with you on this one. The objectives for this match, in descending order of preference, were:
1/ avoid defeat, preferably with a couple more points than Lancs
2/ win
3/ lose.
I am perfectly happy that our declaration all but secured outcome 1, gave us a sniff of 2, but ruled out scenario 3. I'd much rather that than a more sporting declaration which would have kept all three scenarios on the table into day 4. The key objective in this game had to be to avoid defeat.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3