The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

+26
skins4ever
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
Lowlandbrit
cherriesfna
CJB
liverbnz
Take it to the house
sportform
Forward Pass
Bull
crazy_dave23
Skyforger
kwinigolfer
twelve283
Number-25
wadey101
CFCNick
TM Moot
BamBam
NYJ
Thomond
mikeygnfl
Simon Hill
sodhat
Pr4wn
30 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 5 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Pr4wn Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 15:24

First topic message reminder :

Tom Brady's ban has been nullified.

Red faces at NFL HQ.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 5 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by mikeygnfl Thu 24 Sep 2015 - 23:16

Olly wrote:Only if I'm awoken during the night......
By the Ghost of Super Bowl future... (When Eli beats Brady for a third time) ghost
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 5 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 24 Sep 2015 - 23:19

mikeygnfl wrote:
Olly wrote:Only if I'm awoken during the night......
By the Ghost of Super Bowl future... (When Eli beats Brady for a third time) ghost

I've seen them win the super bowl as a fan so my American football fan goal is complete. Anything else is a bonus now
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 2:20

Well, so far, the Redskins are who we all thought are prior to the season and Kirk Cousins still is who we all thought he is.

Special Teams gaffs, INTs, poorly thrown footballs when WRs have themselves open.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 3:32

Oh. My. Goodness.

Kirk Cousins has just thrown the worst INT you will see this season. On the run, throws to a covered receiver, ball batted in the air, picked off. Totally unnecessary throw on a promising drive and in the context of the game, it's a killer.

The guy is hopeless.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 3:44

Yay! TD Giants!

I get to go to bed an hour earlier than I thought I was going to!

Don't worry everyone, I can confirm that the Redskins still suck. All is right in the world once more.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 8:29

My goodness the tabloid journalists over at NFL.com never cease to amaze.... they're already discussing whether Cousins should be benched and McCoy put in. :

Would love them to tell us what exactly McCoy has shown in his NFL career to date that leads gem to believe that he would do a better job.... is it the noodle arm? The turnovers?

These guys are every bit as boneheaded as Cousins is when he is throwing some of these INTs.

Fact is, as bad as Cousins INTs are at times, he does do some things pretty well and he can move the offense for the most part. Anyone who thinks we can win a lot of games this season is kidding themselves on so might as well ride Cousins out now and find out once and for all what he can do over the course of a full season.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 9:28

Number-25 wrote:Oh. My. Goodness.

Kirk Cousins has just thrown the worst INT you will see this season. On the run, throws to a covered receiver, ball batted in the air, picked off. Totally unnecessary throw on a promising drive and in the context of the game, it's a killer.

The guy is hopeless.

Bit of an overreaction, receiver needed to use his body properly, didn't so got cut across and tipped
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 9:31

Number-25 wrote:My goodness the tabloid journalists over at NFL.com never cease to amaze.... they're already discussing whether Cousins should be benched and McCoy put in. :

Would love them to tell us what exactly McCoy has shown in his NFL career to date that leads gem to believe that he would do a better job.... is it the noodle arm? The turnovers?

These guys are every bit as boneheaded as Cousins is when he is throwing some of these INTs.

Fact is, as bad as Cousins INTs are at times, he does do some things pretty well and he can move the offense for the most part. Anyone who thinks we can win a lot of games this season is kidding themselves on so might as well ride Cousins out now and find out once and for all what he can do over the course of a full season.

This is a good assessment of the team. Cousins can win you probably 5/6 games, and does at least move the offence. The other QB's are far more of a disaster.

Skins have some promising signs, but gotta think you're drafting a QB 1st round next year
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 11:09

Yeah, that's probably a fair shout Olly. All the other pieces are pretty much in place on offense. At the moment, it's reliable QB play that is holding the offense back.... well, that and Jay Gruden.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 14:33

Olly wrote:

The guy is hopeless.

Bit of an overreaction, receiver needed to use his body properly, didn't so got cut across and tipped

Not really an overreaction. The receiver was never open and the throw was behind him anyway. All of Collins INT's this season (and the one that should have been against the Rams) were all terrible decisions. It's what he does and after 4 years, regardless of number of starts, it should have been drilled out of him by coaching. If in doubt throw it way, not at the nearest guy in the same coloured shirt!

On a positive note, I think the defensive front 7 are solid and we are a couple of high quality DB's from being a dominating defense. If you take off the 9 points we gave up as a result of the safety and the first INT, this game would have been a lot closer. Despite the offense dumping on the D in the 1st half, there was still a glimmer of light going into the 4th quarter.

But yes, I'm afraid we are going to be looking at a new QB in the draft. RGIII, whether he'll ever regain his potential again or not, will be gone soon enough and Cousins is not the franchise saviour. Or maybe we can work out a trade for Luck with the Colts... Wink

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 15:12

Cousins is a mental midget, always has been in his NFL career.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 21:49

Olly wrote:

The guy is hopeless.

It really wasn't an overreaction Olly. It was a terrible decision to throw that pass. It was 1st and 10 somewhere around the Giants 30 and we hanging on in the game by our fingernails. A TD on that drive would have given us a glimmer of hope. The play was never there - the defender was all over Carrier. Even if it was completed it was only going be like a 3 yard gain or something. He should have thrown it away and come back for 2nd and 10. The game was probably already over regardless but that play just killed it stone dead.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 22:39

Watching the Redskins give carries to Matt Jones... I was thinking the Cowboys should trade for Alfred Morris. Morris has rushed for over 1000 yards in his first three seasons and would definitely do that and more behind the Cowboys o-line.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sat 26 Sep 2015 - 13:02

Won't happen, at least not this year. Skins have a thunder and lightning backfield now, that reminds me of the old Browns (Byner & Mack) that both got 1000 yards seasons in the same year and nearly took them to the bowl. Only difference is, Browns had Kosar at QB and we have err, Cousins.

Maybe next year if Jones proves he can be a #1 back for a full season and Morris is a luxury, but I'd rather keep both and use them with a good young rookie QB and see what can happen.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sat 26 Sep 2015 - 19:40

Crunch for the Redskins comes at the end of the season when Morris' rookie contract is up.

Do they pay him or let him walk as free agent?

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Sep 2015 - 20:13

Id let him walk. Always struck me as a typical shanaback
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Sat 26 Sep 2015 - 20:47

Alfred Morris is very underrated. If you fit your system to his strengths (what Shanahan did) then he is a top 10 runner. Only problem is he can't catch the ball.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 26 Sep 2015 - 21:26

Nobody should be giving a big contract to a RB. You can pick up decent ones for your system late in the draft or in free agency.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Sat 26 Sep 2015 - 22:39

Olly wrote:Nobody should be giving a big contract to a RB. You can pick up decent ones for your system late in the draft or in free agency.

Agree, unless he is a real difference maker (Bell, Charles, Peterson etc.).

Just pointing out that Morris is more than your average 6th Round RB and can be a 1200 yard back in this league. He will be sought after next year in Free Agency (although everything is relative and he won't be paid as highly as backs did 5-10 years ago).
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 13:22

Just seen this stat. The Jets have never beaten the Eagles. The head-to-head record is 0-9.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 16:46

mikeygnfl wrote:Just seen this stat. The Jets have never beaten the Eagles. The head-to-head record is 0-9.

Well unless the form book gets tossed, that's about to change! Way the Eagles are playing, they could be 0-9 in a few weeks! Wink

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 18:46

Brandon Weeden 9 for 9 and 105 yards. It looks like the Cowboys finally have a QB who can win them the Super Bowl.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 19:19

Brandon Marshall may have topped the buttfumble.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 19:24

mikeygnfl wrote:Brandon Weeden 9 for 9 and 105 yards. It looks like the Cowboys finally have a QB who can win them the Super Bowl.

That was (I think) 20 straight passes completed for Weeden across his various cameo appearances in the last few years.

Anyway... Cowboys are winning it thanks to the run game

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 19:46

Adrian Peterson is still pretty good.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 20:12

Weren't the Colts supposed to be going to the Superbowl this year?

Andrew Luck (7/15; 0 TDs; 2INTs) is currently getting schooled by Marcus Mariota.

I'm kinda pleased to see the Andrew Luck love in hit the buffers for a bit.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 20:21

"Josh McCown gives us the best chance to win" - Mike Pettine Headscratch
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 20:37

The Steelers are leading 9-3 in the 4th quarter after going for and failing a 2 pt conversion. I wonder if the decision not for kick the PAT will come back and haunt them?
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 20:50

If they lose it'll be because Roethlisberger's injured, not because they didn't kick the PAT.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 21:08

Pats casually just dropped a 50 burger on the Jags, no punts and barely got out of 2nd gear.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 21:17

AJ Green is absolutely unreal
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 21:23

I have Kaepernick INT Deja-Vu

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 21:28

crazy_dave23 wrote:I have Kaepernick INT Deja-Vu

"Ball snapped, stare at receiver for 5 seconds, throw ball to receiver you have just stared at for 5 seconds, pick 6" Rinse and repeat.

Awful awful quarterback play
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 21:34

skins4ever wrote:
mikeygnfl wrote:Just seen this stat. The Jets have never beaten the Eagles. The head-to-head record is 0-9.

Well unless the form book gets tossed, that's about to change! Way the Eagles are playing, they could be 0-9 in a few weeks! Wink

*cough*
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 21:44

The Eagles made hard work of that win. The Patriots are sauntering to wins at the moment. McCown played better in the 2nd half. The NFC South is a two horse race between the Panther and the Falcons. The Raiders are 2-1. Carr, Cooper and Murray plus Mack and co and defence give them good hope for the future (possibly in LA?). The Colts may still possibly stumble to the division title. Getting rid of Alex Smith looks a good decision in San Francisco. At least they have Blaine Gabbert to maybe come in.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 21:45

Kapernick has as many TD passes for the Cardinals this season as he does for the 49ers.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 22:02

Maybe some other crappy teams can have the spotlight for a week. Like the Colts, Ravens or 49ers.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 22:08

The absolute state of Miami
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 22:17

All I think when I look at Suh is "Albert Haynesworth"
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 22:36

After the third INT, Kaepernick is being given advice on how not to throw them by... Blaine Gabbert...

Thats not going to help

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 22:51

crazy_dave23 wrote:After the third INT, Kaepernick is being given advice on how not to throw them by... Blaine Gabbert...

Thats not going to help
Why don't they just play Gabbert at this point.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 28 Sep 2015 - 0:20

The Dolphins smell

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 28 Sep 2015 - 0:29

Because Gabbert is the worst QB currently on a NFL roster or practice squad.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 28 Sep 2015 - 10:07

I'm not sure how noodle arm Manning is gonna be able to last the season. He's putting all his effort into just throwing a simple 10 yard crossing pattern
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 28 Sep 2015 - 10:15

Yet his team keep on winning.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 28 Sep 2015 - 10:54

Pr4wn wrote:Yet his team keep on winning.

It's pretty hard to lose when you have the #1 defence
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 28 Sep 2015 - 11:02

They're playing dink and dunk. I'm not saying that Peyton is his old self by any means but they're getting it done, for now.

Brady doesn't throw downfield very often either Smile

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 28 Sep 2015 - 11:11

Tom Brady isn't throwing up 5/6 noodle arm throws a game. Don't get away with them in January Wink

They need to find their running game too. CJ Anderson a major disappointment so far this season I'd say (it might be the offensive line I dunno!) . Thought Kubiak would get that going really well

On a separate note Detroit is done. Finished. Stick a fork in them
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 28 Sep 2015 - 14:04

Lost among the horrendous late games yesterday: Bears got over halfway once, every single Bears possession ended in a punt.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 28 Sep 2015 - 18:55

Lowlandbrit wrote:Lost among the horrendous late games yesterday: Bears got over halfway once, every single Bears possession ended in a punt.

Jimmy Clausen... enough said...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next