The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RLODC Cup Final Saturday 19 September

+3
guildfordbat
Corporalhumblebucket
SimonofSurrey
7 posters

Go down

RLODC Cup Final Saturday 19 September Empty RLODC Cup Final Saturday 19 September

Post by SimonofSurrey Mon 14 Sep 2015, 09:04

Who on these boards is going to the RLODC Cup final at Lords this Saturday? My son and I have our tickets for the game in among the Surrey fans in the Compton Stand. Anyone else?

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

RLODC Cup Final Saturday 19 September Empty Re: RLODC Cup Final Saturday 19 September

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 14 Sep 2015, 13:46

Hi Simon - Chichestersurreyfan and I have also got tickets for Compton (in upper tier) Very Happy

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

RLODC Cup Final Saturday 19 September Empty Re: RLODC Cup Final Saturday 19 September

Post by guildfordbat Mon 14 Sep 2015, 14:02

Unable to attend but will be watching on Sky when I can and cheering all of the Surrey boys (including 606 spectators) on. thumbsup

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurryfan Mon 14 Sep 2015, 18:55

Simon, if you see middle aged gentlemen getting agitated because  Surrey aren't scoring at 8 an over  or that Ansari is batting slowly, hopefully that won't be the corporal or Chichester Cool

chichestersurryfan

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 14 Sep 2015, 18:59

Chichester - I imagine the Corporal will be making up for having missed his Saturday morning Parkrun by constantly jogging round the outfield! Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurryfan Mon 14 Sep 2015, 19:24

guildfordbat wrote:Chichester - I imagine the Corporal will be making up for having missed his Saturday morning Parkrun by constantly jogging round the outfield! Very Happy

If the Corporal is doing that I am afraid he will be on his own Yahoo

chichestersurryfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 Sep 2015, 19:25

Are there tickets available?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 14 Sep 2015, 20:17

Olly - they should still be available. All need to be bought online from the Lord's ticket website (Surrey supporters advised to buy in the Compton Stand). Believe tickets are 30, 40 and 50 quid.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 Sep 2015, 20:31

How easy is it to get to Lords from Liverpool street? Good tube system round that way?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 14 Sep 2015, 20:50

Easy. Think it's is only one tube to Baker Street, where you can either change and St Johns Wood is the next stop. Or just do the 15/20 minute walk from Baker Street. Either way, should have no issues.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 Sep 2015, 20:51

Awesome will cost it all up tomorrow...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 14 Sep 2015, 20:54

Easier than Norwich to Ipswich! Ten minutes or so from Liverpool Street to St John's Wood changing at Baker Street.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 Sep 2015, 20:55

Thanks you lovely people as well!

Haha Guildford it bloody well is - getting from Norwich to anywhere by train is a pain in the backside!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 14 Sep 2015, 21:33

guildfordbat wrote:Chichester - I imagine the Corporal will be making up for having missed his Saturday morning Parkrun by constantly jogging round the outfield! Very Happy

Quite the opposite Guildford. I'm making my debut at the 10k distance the following day so I will be taking care to avoid any sort of running on Saturday.  Very Happy That also rules out a pub crawl on Sat should Surrey win the cup. Rolling Eyes

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 14 Sep 2015, 21:39

Highly commendable, Corporal. thumbsup I guess Chichester will just have to make up for you and drink twice as much on Saturday night! Wink

I'm actually planning to do a Parkrun myself later this month. You really seem to have started something here. Brilliant!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 14 Sep 2015, 23:21

guildfordbat wrote:Highly commendable, Corporal. thumbsup I guess Chichester will just have to make up for you and drink twice as much on Saturday night! Wink

I'm actually planning to do a Parkrun myself later this month. You really seem to have started something here. Brilliant!

clap Will you do Guildford or Woking parkrun?

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 15 Sep 2015, 08:08

Corporal - has to be Woking as that's nearer to my local hospital!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Thu 17 Sep 2015, 14:13

Hate to change the subject (...ie back to the original question of my thread Whistle), but I reckon it's chichester, the corp, and Olly - got a ticket now? - who are definites. Anyone else coming along to cheer on the Brown Cap Boys.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 17 Sep 2015, 17:47

Decided against it in the end mate - chosen to go watch Norwich at west ham the weekend after instead. Can't afford two trips down to the big smoke in one month!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurryfan Thu 17 Sep 2015, 18:18

SimonofSurrey wrote: Hate to change the subject (...ie back to the original question of my thread Whistle), but I reckon it's chichester, the corp, and Olly - got a ticket now? - who are definites. Anyone else coming along to cheer on the Brown Cap Boys.

Hi Simon, maybe you could pm me and the Corporal....to see if we could try to meet up between innings or on the pitch at the end? I have less hair than he does Yahoo

Really looking forward to the match...obviously I''d love Surrey to win...but nice to have the fallback of guaranteed promotion and being favourites to go up as Div 2 champions...and come what may on Sat it has been a great season! Very Happy

chichestersurryfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Thu 17 Sep 2015, 22:38

Hi chichester (and Corporal) - 'scuse my slowness/ignorance but what's pm'ing? Doh

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurryfan Thu 17 Sep 2015, 23:01

Hi Simon, apols for the acronym....private message....just click on my name and you should be able to send me a message...I am about to send you one....

chichestersurryfan

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 18 Sep 2015, 07:26

Some interesting news from my man Spiller in today's Surrey Ad.

Azhar Mahmood is being considered as a replacement for Zaf in tomorrow's final.

Encouragingly Spills also reports that Dernbach is expected to be fit.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Fri 18 Sep 2015, 10:05

chichestersurryfan wrote:Hi Simon, apols  for the acronym....private message....just click on my name and  you should be able to send me a message...I am about to send you one....

All sorted now both by PM and then text. Hope to catch you both tomorrow!

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 18 Sep 2015, 14:07

guildfordbat wrote:Some interesting news from my man Spiller in today's Surrey Ad.

Azhar Mahmood is being considered as a replacement for Zaf in tomorrow's final.

Encouragingly Spills also reports that Dernbach is expected to be fit.

Hmm interesting notes Guildford - good that Dernbach is fit, and would be good if Azhar played, would add real oomph down the order
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 18 Sep 2015, 15:18

Not sure what Surrey will go for.  They could play 6 batsmen (Davies, Roy, Sanga, Burns, Foakes, Wilson) and 5 bowlers/all rounders (2 x Curran, Batty and two from Burke, Dernbach, Mahmood and Dunn).  That would leave us dangerously short of bowling cover with, presumably, Roy serving as the fill in bowler if absolutely unavoidable.

I imagine it's likely that Surrey will pick 6 from that list of bowler/all rounders to provide sufficient bowling cover, which would mean they would need to leave out one of the batsmen, I imagine one of Burns or Foakes.

chin

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 18 Sep 2015, 15:48

Corporal - agree with where your thinking is going.

We all adore Sam but it would be placing massive trust in and even more responsibility on a 17 year old to have to send down 10 overs with only Roy (and perhaps Burns) as bowling cover.

The other person who might come into consideration is Kapil, possibly as a 6th bowler or a 5th bowler in combo with, maybe, Burke. You and I have long memories though and don't like bowling combos - thinking England  Wink .

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 18 Sep 2015, 15:57

Oh golly gosh - now being suggested on the wallpaper site that Wilson has a hamstring injury.

This has all resulted in someone else suggesting Chris Lewis be called up! Laugh

More seriously, it does show what a vital component of the team Zaf is.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 18 Sep 2015, 16:26

guildfordbat wrote:Oh golly gosh - now being suggested on the wallpaper site that Wilson has a hamstring injury.

This has all resulted in someone else suggesting Chris Lewis be called up! Laugh
Erm

Wilson is obviously a very experienced cricketer. I suppose if he were ruled that would be a further option - to play Kapil to act as the back up to 5 other bowlers/all rounders, as per my earlier suggestion. Conceivably they could do that anyway if Wilson was fit - play Kapil instead of Burns or Foakes.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 18 Sep 2015, 16:51

Olly wrote:Decided against it in the end mate - chosen to go watch Norwich at west ham the weekend after instead. Can't afford two trips down to the big smoke in one month!

Olly a brave man - choosing to watch Norwich up against the Hammers! Wink

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 18 Sep 2015, 16:55

guildfordbat wrote: The other person who might come into consideration is Kapil, possibly as a 6th bowler or a 5th bowler in combo with, maybe, Burke. You and I have long memories though and don't like bowling combos - thinking England  Wink .

Ah yes the infamous *Boy Gookins* - he was a distinctly ordinary bowler as I recall!

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 18 Sep 2015, 17:03

Not wishing to step on Jimbob's toes - but I see that the named 14 man squad keeps open all the options discussed above, as it includes Dunn, Dernbach, Wilson, Burke, Kapil, Azar Mahmood, Foakes, Burns - along with the other "definites".

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 18 Sep 2015, 17:10

Thanks, Corporal.

I've just emailed Spills about his excellent call on Azhar!

Come on JimBob - wot yer waiting for! Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 18 Sep 2015, 17:57

guildfordbat wrote:Thanks, Corporal.

I've just emailed Spills about his excellent call on Azhar!

Come on JimBob - wot yer waiting for! Very Happy
Erm chin

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down