The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anabolic Steroids and Physique.

+11
kingraf
Rowley
ONETWOFOREVER
Pedro147
ShahenshahG
TRUSSMAN66
Dipper Brown
milkyboy
AdamT
Scottrf
3fingers
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anabolic Steroids and Physique. - Page 2 Empty Anabolic Steroids and Physique.

Post by 3fingers Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:49 am

First topic message reminder :

I'll start by saying I know nothing about steroids, or the effect they have on the human body under different training regimes. All I know is which of the meat heads at the gym use them (bulls dongs the lot of them). Anyway, does anyone know what the form the human body takes for a steroid user who focuses on plyometrics, metobolic conditioning circuit training and aerobic/anorobic running, rather weights, while at the same time restricting caloric intake to something like 2000 to 3500 calories?

Is it like Timothy Bradley by any chance?

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Anabolic Steroids and Physique. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anabolic Steroids and Physique.

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:13 am

kingraf wrote:Wouldn't juice. Bad for your heart. Turns your Tendons and ligaments to jelly. Unless you've got a really quality physio, most won't touch you because they know you're a walking time bomb. Can't really see why a modern athlete would juice, to be honest. Medical science has advanced so much, knowledge of the body gas progressed. Sport science has probably progressed at the same rate as IT, really. Better shoes, better physios, post workout masseuse-ing, altitude training, global stabiliser strengthening, local stabiliser strengthening. C-vac chambers. Hyperbaric chambers. The guys at the top really have no need to juice under old medicine (steroids) unless they have a really old school trainer

Unless they're actually not that good and are only at that level from cheating. But I agree with the general point. The topmost sportsmen have very little to gain and a lot to lose hence my feeling that it's not as widespread as some would have you believe.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Anabolic Steroids and Physique. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anabolic Steroids and Physique.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:17 am

There is juicing and extreme juicing...

Frank Zane looks great at 73...Look at Arnie at 68....

No worse than alcohol providing you know what you're doing.

Most people don't.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:29 am

All the top athletes can be better if they mix sports science and juice.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:35 am

Theres a difference in terms of what they were juicing for, though (ignoring the fact that old Arnie had a heart operation at 48 to correct a "congenital" defect). Zane benefits from being smaller, more accurate in dosage (they did call him The Chemist) and probably being genetically superior.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:59 am

Erm, Anyone else wanna tell Truss Arnie has been all CGI since 1998! I'm pretty sure he was CGI'd in as Govorner of California too.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:00 am

You can't have it both ways.... you make a blanket statement about steroids screwing you ...............Yet Zane was a Mr Olympia who took the strongest dianabol there was like Arnie..Both are two of the greatest bodybuilders of alltime........Dianabol these days is crap in comparison.......These guys take way more than most athletes....

How old is Lou ??? How old is Franco ?? How old was serge Nubret when he died ? Larry Scott ???

Arnie's problem was congenital....So I don't get the sarcasm...

There are plenty of good articles on steroids on the internet.....I suggest you read some rather than listen to old wives tales...

You do it right............They are no more dangerous than alcohol..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:52 am

DuransHorse wrote:Erm, Anyone else wanna tell Truss Arnie has been all CGI since 1998! I'm pretty sure he was CGI'd in as Govorner of California too.

The Meerkats look more human than Arnie does in those ads.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:54 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You can't have it both ways.... you make a blanket statement about steroids screwing you ...............Yet Zane was a Mr Olympia who took the strongest dianabol there was like Arnie..Both are two of the greatest bodybuilders of alltime........Dianabol these days is crap in comparison.......These guys take way more than most athletes....

How old is Lou ??? How old is Franco ?? How old was serge Nubret when he died ? Larry Scott ???

Arnie's problem was congenital....So I don't get the sarcasm...

There are plenty of good articles on steroids on the internet.....I suggest you read some rather than listen to old wives tales...

You do it right............They are no more dangerous than alcohol..

Not sure "Internet articles" is where you want to get your information before self medicating some heart busting juice.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:40 am

You shouldn't take steroids but if you're determined to....my article in the BB section is worth a read.....FFS know what you're doing..

Worth noting that some people with debilitating diseases like HIV are on testosterone for life...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyetoldyouso Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:28 pm

Would be interesting to have a contribution to this thread from a medic.

I confess to knowing virtually nothing about the subject except what I have read on here and in the press. It seems that lots of WWE "entertainers" die younger than they ought to.

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:36 pm

Mayweathers cellmate wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:Erm, Anyone else wanna tell Truss Arnie has been all CGI since 1998! I'm pretty sure he was CGI'd in as Govorner of California too.

The Meerkats look more human than Arnie does in those ads.

Partly because they have better acting talent

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:42 pm

In the head of Truss

http://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M200473688dd7f8de5c1ec8ced7c2fa04o0&pid=15.1

Reality

http://scifibr.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/arnold.jpg?w=700

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:03 am

Before I start I really am not accusing Floyd.

He is one of my fav fighters.

What bothers me is a man that walks around 150 needs an IV to hydrate. He cut 3 pounds, 4 at tops. Why not drink sports drinks and lots of water?

Anybody that knows about boxers cutting weight, could they please elaborate?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:02 am

The I.v would have a better amount of sodium chloride in it, allowing the body to maintain the appropriate amount of electrolytes.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:40 am

Ok fair enough. Still would of thought be more useful for someone who cuts 15 plus pounds of water.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2