The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWC 2015 - Well done Mate Thread

+33
Steffan
screamingaddabs
aqualung
Rugby Fan
EWT Spoons
king_carlos
Pal Joey
robbo277
gregortree
kingjohn7
Luckless Pedestrian
Cyril
Pot Hale
stub
beshocked
donglewood
nobbled
aucklandlaurie
wales606
Cardiff Dave
BamBam
Bathman_in_London
JonnyEdinburgh
whocares
Irish Londoner
Notch
Eejit
Fanster
RubyGuby
majesticimperialman
SecretFly
Biltong
LondonTiger
37 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RWC 2015 - Well done Mate Thread - Page 2 Empty RWC 2015 - Well done Mate Thread

Post by LondonTiger Thu 17 Sep 2015, 12:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Only one team can go through the tournament unbeaten. At least 95% of the sides will lose a match. We all moan when our team loses (in fact we moan about refs when they win). Well in that case go bugger off to another thread.

It is very rare for the team that was better on the day not to win. so lets see if we can be magnaimous just once in a while. When your team loses, and you have recovered a little composure, come here and say "Well done lads" to the opposing team and fans.

Will be interesting to see who the best losers are (and the most gracious winners)

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

RWC 2015 - Well done Mate Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: RWC 2015 - Well done Mate Thread

Post by robbo277 Sun 04 Oct 2015, 1:21 pm

Well done to Wales for beating us last weekend. When we were on top we couldn't get away from you, and when you were on top we couldn't live with you.

Well done to Australia for beating us this weekend so comprehensively. Honestly thought even if we lost, it would have been much closer.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

RWC 2015 - Well done Mate Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: RWC 2015 - Well done Mate Thread

Post by Pal Joey Sun 04 Oct 2015, 1:23 pm

Thanks LT, nobbled and robbo.
This World Cup won't be the same without you. All the best in the 6N.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:43 pm

Going for a player rather than a side.

Mamuka Gorgodze, well done mate.

A true collosus for Georgia once again and making a mockery of his lack of big game time at Toulon. If rumours he is moving on are correct then any club would be very fortunate to have him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMQs8RkO03U

By the look of that also a humble and very sporting gentleman. clap

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:51 pm

Well done South Africa, deserved their win yesterday.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sun 04 Oct 2015, 6:11 pm

Well done mate...to you Aussies.....brilliant performance from Foley and your pack. We were outclassed outgunned and out thought sadly.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 04 Oct 2015, 6:57 pm

Well done to the Aussies! Best of luck for the rest of the tournament. Difficult to see beyond the Rugby Championship sides at the moment.

That game was painful yesterday, but still enjoying the competition Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sun 04 Oct 2015, 7:02 pm

Yes very well done to the Aussies - as has been said you completely outclassed England and were worthy winners. I'm totally gutted that England are out so soon but the correct two teams are going to emerge from "The Pool of Death."

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sun 04 Oct 2015, 7:09 pm

The losses have been hard to take but I'm pleased we aren't spending time arguing over refereeing decisions. It's easier to congratulate the winners sincerely when you aren't spitting blood over some perceived injustice. Hug

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 04 Oct 2015, 7:43 pm

I don't think its what the thread was intended for, since we didn't lose, but well done to Italy who wanted that more than Ireland at times today. They've had serious troubles at the end of the Brunel era but the pride and aggression they showed is the first brick in the rebuilding project.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by aqualung Mon 05 Oct 2015, 8:21 am

Notch wrote:I don't think its what the thread was intended for, since we didn't lose, but well done to Italy who wanted that more than Ireland at times today. They've had serious troubles at the end of the Brunel era but the pride and aggression they showed is the first brick in the rebuilding project.
well one Ireland for winning this one, I think they showed class in getting the win, with patience and self-control, wasn't easy Yesterday and I think many teams would have lost in such circumstances

aqualung

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 05 Oct 2015, 10:01 am

Well done Australia. So much better than England.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 05 Oct 2015, 11:10 am

Well done Italy - almost added another 'contender' a killer blow.  I don't think Ireland came with a disrespectful attitude to what they'd encounter - pretty much any player that was asked and Joe himself said it would be a really tough tussle.  
So Italy stood up and proved them right.  Stood up and bullied much of the game.  Had that try gone in, that would have been even more adrenalin in the system to keep the legs pumping and dreams alive.  So it proved a very important non-try for us.  Parisse can often try to do too much himself that can destabilise the players around him, but this time he was on-song and frustrating the life out of us.

I guess everyone looks to their own team and their own hopes and plans - and we mostly see games on that level - so Irish fans probably lost appreciation that Italy were fighting for their survival.  And if you were an Italian fan, you'd have to be proud that they gave it a pretty good honest and passionate shot.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 05 Oct 2015, 11:18 am

Patronising of the Irish praising the Italians who lost.....

Like patting them on the head and saying you were great but not good enough to beat the mighty Irish.

Hope the French take the arrogant Irish down a peg or two.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 05 Oct 2015, 11:22 am

God................... shocked by that beshocked.

Had you down for a passionate but decent man.

What an absolute  basterde comment that is - poking yourself into comments and trying to twist their meaning into something sneering and patronising.

What an absolute basterde of a comment to come from you.

Go growl and snarl somewhere else.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by screamingaddabs Mon 05 Oct 2015, 11:27 am

Well done Australia for showing what true world cup winning potential looks like, but most of all well done to Wales. That was the kind of performance (against England) that I wanted (but did not expect) England to give against Australia. Pure guts and determination and no giving up even when it seemed lost, combined with some real flair and skill (Morgan at full back I thought was excellent for instance). I hate losing to Wales and Australia more than any other teams, but both more than deserved it (for different reasons)
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 05 Oct 2015, 11:38 am

SecretFly wrote:God................... shocked by that beshocked.

What an absolute  basterde comment that is - poking yourself into comments and trying to twist their meaning into something sneering and patronising.

What an absolute basterde  of a comment to come from you.

Secretfly to be honest I get sick and tired of your sanctimonious posts.

Trying to educate us English about the "salary cap" when you have none.

"Praising" Italy patronisingly when they lost.

Your posts are dripped in arrogance. I am sorry but it seems that way.

This thread is for those who were on the losing side to praise the winners and show some humility, not for winners to throw a bone to teams that lost.

Well done, you almost beat us but we were too good for you...

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 05 Oct 2015, 11:50 am

Bullschit.  

You bitter, bitter, angry man.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 05 Oct 2015, 11:56 am

SecretFly wrote:Bullschit.  

You bitter, bitter, angry man.  

Says one of the most arrogant posters on these boards...

Wouldn't be bitter if you and some other posters cut out the patronising comments.

It's disrespectful to Italy.

They weren't good enough. Neither were England.

Wales and Australia were worthy winners. Well done to both teams.

Wales's gutsy fight back though painful was impressive. Australia were just too good from the 1st minute to the last minute.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Oct 2015, 12:05 pm

beshocked wrote:
SecretFly wrote:God................... shocked by that beshocked.

What an absolute basterde  of a comment to come from you.

Secretfly to be honest I get sick and tired of your sanctimonious posts.

Trying to educate us English about the "salary cap" when you have none.

"Praising" Italy patronisingly when they lost.

Your posts are dripped in arrogance. I am sorry but it seems that way.

This thread is for those who were on the losing side to praise the winners and show some humility, not for winners to throw a bone to teams that lost.

Well done, you almost beat us but we were too good for you...

Nothing wrong with praising Italy, and the welldone thread is not exclusively to praise or congratulate the winners.

I agree with foy, poor performance by Ireland, though they have won, the Italians pushed them hard and played more positive rugby than Ireland.

Ireland kicked possession away, trying to live off the mistakes of Italy, very little enterprising rugby from them.

It reminded me of Springboks 2004-2009, mindless boring rugby.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 05 Oct 2015, 12:08 pm

RWC 2015 - Well done Mate Thread - Page 2 1347041234

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 05 Oct 2015, 12:08 pm

beshocked wrote:

It's disrespectful to Italy.

They weren't good enough. Neither were England.

More of your Survival of the Fittest bunk. Praise the Strong and Victorious - the World belongs to them. To hell with the Rubbish at the bottom, just put them in a bin and toss them overboard without a thought.

You have one cold heart there, shocked. Positively ice.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 05 Oct 2015, 12:10 pm

The bit about being gracious winners in the OP seems to have gone over your head beshocked

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 05 Oct 2015, 12:13 pm

clap  Biltong should we praise SA for your loss to Japan.

Well done SA!

No because you know that they should have won and they weren't good enough.

Just as England are out because they weren't good enough.

Italy could have beaten Ireland but didn't. They had an opportunity and now they are out.

Bambam don't think it's gracious to being patronising towards Italians.

Last edited by beshocked on Mon 05 Oct 2015, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 05 Oct 2015, 12:14 pm

I'd like to say well done to Beshocked and the SFly here. I have watched them both perform with style and panache over the years and of course with this success comes increasing expectation. Its nice to see them both taking it on to a new level and the rest of us can only dream of performing like this. Lets hope this intensity does not come at a price and that their pre RWC conditioning will see them through. Well done lads

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 05 Oct 2015, 12:17 pm

I want to say well done to England on giving us all a wonderful opening ceremony

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Oct 2015, 12:18 pm

beshocked wrote:clap  Biltong should we praise SA for your loss to Japan.

Well done SA!

No because you know that they should have won and they weren't good enough.

Just as England are out because they weren't good enough.

Italy could have beaten Ireland but didn't. They had an opportunity and now they are out.

Bambam don't think it's gracious to being patronising towards Italians.

If you feel you must praise a tier 1 nation for being beaten by a rugby nation who has only had one world cup win prior to facing the Springboks then sure, why not?

I doubt anyone will think you are sincere though.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 05 Oct 2015, 12:20 pm

aqualung wrote:
Notch wrote:I don't think its what the thread was intended for, since we didn't lose, but well done to Italy who wanted that more than Ireland at times today. They've had serious troubles at the end of the Brunel era but the pride and aggression they showed is the first brick in the rebuilding project.
well one Ireland for winning this one, I think they showed class in getting the win, with patience and self-control, wasn't easy Yesterday and I think many teams would have lost in such circumstances

Well beshocked, this Italian poster didn't seem to take the Irish posts as being patronising at all

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 05 Oct 2015, 12:22 pm

Rubyguby please stop with the condescending guff yourself.

Secretfly no one would be talking about Japan as much if they ran SA close, we are talking about them because they beat SA. It's the difference between a plucky defeat and a heroic victory. The plucky defeats are great but normally forgotten.

It takes hard work and effort to make it. Ireland to be fair are a well drilled team, not pretty but it works.

England have failed, just as Italy have. Italy and England could have done better but didn't.

I just hope both will come back stronger in 4 years.

Australia and Wales deserve to be in the quarter finals. So do Ireland and France.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 05 Oct 2015, 12:24 pm

RubyGuby wrote:I'd like to say well done to Beshocked and the SFly here. I have watched them both perform with style and panache over the years and of course with this success comes increasing expectation. Its nice to see them both taking it on to a new level and the rest of us can only dream of performing like this. Lets hope this intensity does not come at a price and that their pre RWC conditioning will see them through. Well done lads

thumbsup

You 'arrogant' 'patronising' basterde Ruby!!!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 05 Oct 2015, 12:44 pm

SecretFly wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:I'd like to say well done to Beshocked and the SFly here. I have watched them both perform with style and panache over the years and of course with this success comes increasing expectation. Its nice to see them both taking it on to a new level and the rest of us can only dream of performing like this. Lets hope this intensity does not come at a price and that their pre RWC conditioning will see them through. Well done lads

thumbsup

Well I just saw the gap and I went for it.

Look lads defeat hurts and as a Welshman I'm an expert in that area as we have been to places others can only dream of, Fiji, Romania, Namibia, Canada - Yeah, bet you didn't know that. The pain and emotion is what makes it for all of us and when we are there we are angry with everyone and everything. If we were all in a pub we'd be laughing at each others pain and coping much better. The keyboard is not the place for insults. Its the place to disagree and perhaps get a little animated but not the place to see negative when there is no negative. Now shut the feck up you whinging barstttarderos

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 05 Oct 2015, 12:47 pm

...let's reset then, shall we?

Well played Italy.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sun 11 Oct 2015, 6:52 pm

Well done to the lads in green - a very impressive performance but one that might have cost you two of talismanic figures (not sure of extent of injuries - hope not too bad.) Hard lunk France but we all know you can turnover the kiwis. Whilst I'm at it also well done to Aus (even though I'm now behind Wales) - absolutely awesome defence when you were down to 13 and Wales looked favourite to break you down. Enjoying the World Cup despite the lack of England.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sun 11 Oct 2015, 6:58 pm

My top three so far:
Australia and Ireland on pure guts skill, and general merit.
AB....well just because.
Perm two from 3 for the final.

Wales and RSA close behind
Well done mate to all the above.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sun 11 Oct 2015, 7:00 pm

SecretFly wrote:

thumbsup

Thank goodness for that. Takes the heat off England for those epithets.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun 11 Oct 2015, 7:08 pm

Well done SOB (you blithering idiot!)

But seriously at this level and with that talent why does a player do that?

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 12 Oct 2015, 2:55 pm

Well done Australia, its there for you if you can keep this level of performance up. Magnificent defensive effort.

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 25 Oct 2015, 8:58 am

A very well done to the NZ squad on making the final. Probably the best rugby team I have ever seen and well worthy of, should they do it, becoming the first side to successfully defend the RWC.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun 25 Oct 2015, 9:12 am

Well done NZ, you've got your obligatory poor game out of the way and still won. I expect you to be a very different beast in the final.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 25 Oct 2015, 9:18 am

Well done to New Zealand, not sure what was poor about that performance but then I suppose if you don't beat someone by 50 you are deemed to have played poorly.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun 25 Oct 2015, 9:26 am

More the kicking too much, pens and handling errors. Not to take anything from SA who probably made NZ play like that

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 02 Nov 2015, 1:17 pm

Well done my mates from the Land of the Long White Cloud!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Mon 02 Nov 2015, 1:46 pm

Well done the pack
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 02 Nov 2015, 2:20 pm

Well done Mad Max Hooper for making me smile most in the WC.  That guy, the head of him!  Wild man, great spirit.

And well done New Zealand for basically humiliating the rest of us again and making a joke of the thing we play that's also supposedly called 'Rugby'.  They made beating Australia look like a bit of a training field run-out.

Last edited by SecretFly on Mon 02 Nov 2015, 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 02 Nov 2015, 4:16 pm

Well done:-

NZ - simply the best
King Ritchie
Dan the man
Sonny Bill
Nonu/Smith
Steve Hanson
Australia - almost the best
Michael Cheika
Pocock
Schalk Burger
Victor Matfield
Habana
Lobbe
The Pumas - almost the 3rd best
Paul O'Connell
Japan - better than the second best
Gorgodze
The Welsh physios
Nigel Owens
Dr Dre Beats
England - the country, not the team.

Did I forget anyone?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 02 Nov 2015, 4:21 pm

..the Orangutan?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 02 Nov 2015, 4:34 pm

......Sam Burgess ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 02 Nov 2015, 4:34 pm

SecretFly wrote:..the Orangutan?

Is that the guy that sponsors Toulon's shorts?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 02 Nov 2015, 4:38 pm

gregortree wrote:......Sam Burgess ?

Actually yes - I'm going to say well done Sam.

Ignore the naysayers, apart from eating up that Fijian dummy when you came on and generally not doing very much, you did rather well for a RU novice flanker playing in the center in your first world cup.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2