The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which active fighters can avenge their losses?

+3
Mr H
Scottrf
inman124
7 posters

Go down

Which active fighters can avenge their losses? Empty Which active fighters can avenge their losses?

Post by inman124 Thu 17 Sep 2015, 4:33 pm

In my opinion just to name a few
Amir Khan would now defeat Prescott, Peterson and Garcia
Kevin Mitchell over Katsidis, Burns and Linares
Degale over Groves

Which fighters to do think would now win if they fought a previous opponent?

inman124

Back to top Go down

Which active fighters can avenge their losses? Empty Re: Which active fighters can avenge their losses?

Post by Guest Thu 17 Sep 2015, 4:45 pm

inman124 wrote:In my opinion just to name a few
Amir Khan would now defeat Prescott, Peterson and Garcia
Kevin Mitchell over Katsidis, Burns and Linares
Degale over Groves

Which fighters to do think would now win if they fought a previous opponent?

Katsidis is finished as a fighter and I don't know if he's still fighting, so beating him 2nd time round would be no achievement. Burns also has seen better days but is also campaigning at a higher weight so we will never know about that one.

Khan should really have beaten them all first time round and was unlucky with what was seen as a hometown decision in the Peterson fight. But for me Khan often manages to make hard work of fights that on paper he shouldn't, getting tagged or drawn into the wrong kind of fight, could still see him getting ko'd by both Prescott & Garcia if he's not careful.

Back to top Go down

Which active fighters can avenge their losses? Empty Re: Which active fighters can avenge their losses?

Post by Scottrf Thu 17 Sep 2015, 4:55 pm

James Toney and Roy Jones, unfortunately.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 17 Sep 2015, 5:09 pm

I don't think Khan would beat Garcia.

I think Cotto would beat Manny, I also wouldn't bet against Maidana to beat Khan.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Thu 17 Sep 2015, 5:20 pm

I'd fancy Matthysse to beat Garcia this time round. Think Garcia took a lot of punishment in that fight and hasn't looked the same since.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by inman124 Thu 17 Sep 2015, 5:23 pm

Pedro147 wrote:I'd fancy Matthysse to beat Garcia this time round. Think Garcia took a lot of punishment in that fight and hasn't looked the same since.

I agree with that, also think Peterson was robbed against Garcia

inman124

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 17 Sep 2015, 7:17 pm

Lomachenko over Salido
Cotto over Pacquiao
Matthysse over Garcia
McDonnell over Haskins
Warren over Payano
Lemieux over Rubio
Hopkins over Taylor
Eubank over Saunders
Crolla over Sykes

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 17 Sep 2015, 7:27 pm

Couldn't see Cotto having the self belief to beat Pacquiao. Was some beating he took. Also Pac is still faster and would beat him to the punch. Cotto is only good going forward

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 17 Sep 2015, 7:41 pm

Lance wrote:Couldn't see Cotto having the self belief to beat Pacquiao. Was some beating he took. Also Pac is still faster and would beat him to the punch. Cotto is only good going forward

I give Cotto a chance up at 154. Pacquiao was a monster under Ariza. He's looked far less potent since the split. I imagine Pac would start favourite but I'd take Cotto to nick a decision.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hands Of Stone Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:54 pm

Would've picked maidana over Khan but maidana is a cruiserweight at the moment, hard to see him coming back to be a forced at welter, seems to have lost his hunger for boxing going by garcias recent interviews

Think Provodnikov will catch bradley in a rematch and stop him for good, Vargas shook him up and provo is much heavier puncher then him. Just can't see bradley not going toe to toe with him. Provo against Algieri also, think provo nicked the 1st fight anyways.

Cotto vs trout, easiest decision i've made in predicting trout UD in the first fight but it's a role reversal atm with trout the fighter low on confidence and cotto with the momentum

Think lopez could beat berto in a rematch if he doesn't get caught, was easily leading on the cards before the stoppage

Vice versa think that Berto could beat guerrero, dunno why just feel guerrero can only win if he's fighting hard every second of every round and he just looks like he's lost it, tank is gone and Berto probably has enough to beat him.

Pacquiao beats JMM

Hands Of Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down