The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland vs Romania, 27 September

+28
wolfball
Artful_Dodger
InjuredYetAgain
VinceWLB
LeinsterFan4life
Engine#4
RDW
Shifty
FecklessRogue
eirebilly
Rory_Gallagher
GunsGerms
Blanko
Pete330v2
rapidsnowman
asoreleftshoulder
SecretFly
Mickado
thebandwagonsociety
The Great Aukster
the-goon
ME-109
George Carlin
Notch
carpet baboon
rodders
Marshes
bmcr
32 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Ireland vs Romania, 27 September - Page 8 Empty Ireland vs Romania, 27 September

Post by bmcr Sun 20 Sep 2015, 9:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ireland vs Romania, 27 September - Page 8 Irelan11Ireland vs Romania, 27 September - Page 8 Romani13
IRELAND v ROMANIA
27 September 2015
KO: 16:45 BST
Wembley Stadium, London
Live on ITV1 (United Kingdom) and TV3 (Republic of Ireland)

Referee: Craig Joubert (South Africa)
Assistant Referee 1; Romain Poite (France)
Assistant Referee 2; Leighton Hodges (Wales)
Television match official: Shaun Veldsman (South Africa)

Teams

IRELAND

Ireland vs Romania, 27 September - Page 8 Lisa_hannigan

15. Simon Zebo (Cork Constitution/Munster)
14. Tommy Bowe (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
13. Jared Payne (Ulster)
12. Darren Cave (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
11. Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)
10. Ian Madigan (Blackrock College/Leinster)
9. Eoin Reddan (Old Crescent/Leinster)

1. Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
2. Richardt Strauss (Old Wesley/Leinster)
3. Nathan White (Connacht)
4. Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster)
5. Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster)
6. Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
7. Chris Henry (Malone/Ulster)
8. Jamie Heaslip (Dublin University/Leinster) captain

Replacements;

16. Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
17. Jack McGrath (St Mary's College/Leinster)
18. Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster)
19. Paul O'Connell (Young Munster)
20. Sean O'Brien (UCD/Leinster)
21. Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)
22. Paddy Jackson (Dungannon)
23. Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)

ROMANIA

Ireland vs Romania, 27 September - Page 8 Nadia+Comaneci+Premiere+Tetro+Arrivals+n_wkyszooLql

15. Catalin Fercu
14. Adrian Apostol
13. Paula Kinikinilau
12. Csaba Gal
11. Ionut Botezatu
10. Michael Wiringi
9. Valentin Calafeteanu

1. Andrei Ursache
2. Andrei Radoi
3. Paulica Ion
4. Valentin Poparlan
5. Ovidiu Tonita
6. Viorel Lucaci
7. Mihai Macovei (c)
8. Daniel Carpo

Replacements

16. Mihaita Lazar
17. Otar Turashvili
18. Alexandru Tarus
19. Johannes van Heerden
20.Stelian Burcea
21. Florin Surugiu
22. Florin Ionita
23. Florin Vlaicu

Head to Head

Played; 8
Ireland Won; 8
Romania Won; 0
Draws; 0

Last 5 Meetings

Ireland 43 - 12 Romania
26th November 2005
Lansdowne Road, Dublin

Ireland 45 - 17 Romania
11th October 2003
Rugby World Cup 2003, Pool A, Match 3
Central Coast Stadium, Gosford

Ireland 39 - 8 Romania
7th September 2002
Thomond Park, Limerick

Romania 3 - 37 Ireland
2nd June 2001
Bucharest

Ireland 44 - 14 Romania
15th October 1999
Rugby World Cup 1999, Pool E, Match 27
Lansdowne Road, Dublin

bmcr

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Romania, 27 September - Page 8 Empty Re: Ireland vs Romania, 27 September

Post by Sin é Wed 30 Sep 2015, 11:09 am

I haven't criticised Henshaw yet because he is new to the position and international rugby and Schmidt (understandably) has been keeping it very simple. At the moment for me, the great thing about Henshaw is his physicality and athleticism with a pretty good attitude. I had the same attitude to Cian Healy when he started playing international - you could see the potential, but god was his scrummaging poor - I think he gave away 4 or 5 penalties once against Italy. Healy came of age at the last world cup.

I will be expecting a lot more from Henshaw in the next 6Ns - but I think his position for the next while will be 12 internationally. I don't think Olding will make it at 12 - talented and all as he is, he isn't robust enough for international rugby - far too many injuries and that is only at club level.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Romania, 27 September - Page 8 Empty Re: Ireland vs Romania, 27 September

Post by GunsGerms Wed 30 Sep 2015, 11:23 am

Sin é wrote:I haven't criticised Henshaw yet because he is new to the position and international rugby and Schmidt (understandably) has been keeping it very simple. At the moment for me, the great thing about Henshaw is his physicality and athleticism with a pretty good attitude. I had the same attitude to Cian Healy when he started playing international - you could see the potential, but god was  his scrummaging poor - I think he gave away 4 or 5 penalties once against Italy. Healy came of age at the last world cup.

I will be expecting a lot more from Henshaw in the next 6Ns - but I think his position for the next while will be 12 internationally. I don't think Olding will make it at 12 - talented and all as he is, he isn't robust enough for international rugby - far too many injuries and that is only at club level.
does not play for Leinster yet.

Say what?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 30 Sep 2015, 11:40 am

Ah Guns, great analysis on centre play by Gordon D'Arcy in Irish Times today!

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/gordon-d-arcy-burgess-is-blunder-that-could-bury-england-1.2371821
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 30 Sep 2015, 11:43 am

Sin é wrote:Ah Guns, great analysis on centre play by Gordon D'Arcy in Irish Times today!

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/gordon-d-arcy-burgess-is-blunder-that-could-bury-england-1.2371821

Read it already. It really was bizarre that Lancaster picked a guy who is still learning how to play centre for England after 1 cap in a warm up game.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Wed 30 Sep 2015, 4:24 pm

Seems like Murray rates Payne, and the majority of the 42.ie readership as well judging by the amount of green ticks in the comments.

Face it Payne haterz, yous are plain wrong!

http://www.the42.ie/analysis-jared-payne-ireland-rwc-2015-2359440-Sep2015/

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 30 Sep 2015, 4:31 pm

Murray knows his stuff.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 30 Sep 2015, 4:50 pm

Oh God.

*handing out the drool buckets to the fan boys* Wink

Murray Kinsella - next to be seen live on Sky!!! - wrestling a Grizzly as he and the Grizzly basejump off the top of the Eiffel

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Sep 2015, 5:11 pm

Excellent article by Murray. Has to be the worlds best rugby analyst, without a shadow of doubt heart

Now, if only we could get him and Williams in the same room.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 01 Oct 2015, 10:15 am

Munchkin wrote:Excellent article by Murray. Has to be the worlds best rugby analyst, without a shadow of doubt  heart  

Murray thinks Fly, Sine, ME and Billser are gobshoites - he said so on a TV3 add break Cool
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 01 Oct 2015, 10:24 am

rodders wrote:
Munchkin wrote:Excellent article by Murray. Has to be the worlds best rugby analyst, without a shadow of doubt  heart  

Murray thinks Fly, Sine, ME and Billser are gobshoites - he said so on a TV3 add break Cool

In the land of the blind where the one eyed man is king Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 01 Oct 2015, 10:48 am

All that article says is that Jared is good at defence. It also says that his attack isn't great. The only think Murray says differently to me is that Murray says he is a good communicator in defence - so if he says he is, he must be.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 01 Oct 2015, 10:49 am

rodders wrote:

Murray thinks Fly, Sine, me and Billser are gobshoites - he said so on a TV3 add break Cool

We know you are a gobshoite - just like the rest of us Whistle

Grammer isn't great though!
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 01 Oct 2015, 10:52 am

Sin é wrote:
rodders wrote:

Murray thinks Fly, Sine, me and Billser are gobshoites - he said so on a TV3 add break Cool

We know you are a gobshoite - just like the rest of us Whistle

Grammer isn't great though!

Doh !
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Oct 2015, 11:05 am

Sin é wrote:All that article says is that Jared is good at defence. It also says that his attack isn't great. The only think Murray says differently to me is that Murray says he is a good communicator in defence - so if he says he is, he must be.

Where does it say his attack isn't great? It focuses on his defence, as it should, but not defence alone. There are plenty of examples of him running with ball in hand. It is also mentioned in that article that Payne is sticking to a game plan. A game plan that will limit his attacking opportunities.

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 01 Oct 2015, 11:08 am

Munchkin wrote:
Sin é wrote:All that article says is that Jared is good at defence. It also says that his attack isn't great. The only think Murray says differently to me is that Murray says he is a good communicator in defence - so if he says he is, he must be.

Where does it say his attack isn't great? It focuses on his defence, as it should, but not defence alone. There are plenty of examples of him running with ball in hand. It is also mentioned in that article that Payne is sticking to a game plan. A game plan that revolves around his limited attacking abilities.

Fixed that for you free of charge Whistle
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Oct 2015, 11:13 am

eirebilly wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

Where does it say his attack isn't great? It focuses on his defence, as it should, but not defence alone. There are plenty of examples of him running with ball in hand. It is also mentioned in that article that Payne is sticking to a game plan. A game plan that revolves around his limited attacking abilities.

Ha! I think that's how Sin é must be reading it as well. Better to stick to what is actually said, methinks Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 01 Oct 2015, 11:17 am

eirebilly wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

All players have limits to their attacking abilities - some more so than others, as a Munster man you must know that Billser Smile.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 01 Oct 2015, 11:25 am

Aaahhh rodders, can you not see that its the Munster boys doing all the attacking for Ireland Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 01 Oct 2015, 11:25 am

Quit squabbling like a bunch of old chickens..

Get over to the Italian thread. Yous are putting us to shame. Making us look................... arrogant........... in not even having the courtesy to talk about our next opponents! mad

Joe demands you get over there now and close this thread down.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8