The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the point....

3 posters

Go down

What's the point.... Empty What's the point....

Post by LondonTiger Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:36 pm

Of Joe Root being called a Yorkshire player?

After all with the Caribbean tour, enforced rest after that tour, two test series, one ODI series and more enforced rest, he has appeared in a single T20 match for the county. Even when ECB said he could play (50 over semi v glouc) we were then made aware that he was ineligible as he had not featured in the tournament before that.

Rant over.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

What's the point.... Empty Re: What's the point....

Post by king_carlos Tue 22 Sep 2015, 5:41 pm

England players not playing enough county cricket has been an issue which has frustrated the game and acted to the detriment of the individual players performances for years now.

Given how much international cricket we now have I think the only realistic options to get top players playing at least some county cricket is to not have them play every form of the game at the top level or regularly rest them from series in certain formats. This however is a strategy which led to a diabolical ODI team for many years as we rarely fielded our best side.

As is so often the case in modern sport we need fewer games and a higher quality of them when they are played. In cricket this is especially prevalent at the top level.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 22 Sep 2015, 5:55 pm

London Tiger - I very much sympathise with your point of view.  I suppose the only possible consolation is that this situation makes Yorks' achievement in winning the cc so convincingly despite the loss of so many players all the more commendable.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down