The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Utd - The Gaalacticos thread

+23
Born Slippy
nadeem2099
Scott is Back
Crimey
spencerclarke
kenn20152014
Shot 21 LCFC
Liam
x12x
seanmichaels
compelling and rich
mystiroakey
GSC
Hammersmith harrier
Good Golly I'm Olly
The Special Juan
hampo17
Fernando
Hero
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Dolphin Ziggler
Ent
kingraf
27 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Man Utd - The Gaalacticos thread - Page 3 Empty Man Utd - The Gaalacticos thread

Post by kingraf Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Didn't catch the match but I assume United were not that great? Two goals in three matches... for all the criticism given to the backline, the forwards have not covered themselves in glory
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Man Utd - The Gaalacticos thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Man Utd - The Gaalacticos thread

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:03 am

Bring Shaw and Rafael into that team and we're back in business.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Man Utd - The Gaalacticos thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Man Utd - The Gaalacticos thread

Post by compelling and rich Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:19 am

does look a very strong team with players who can play wing back as long as the 3 in defence can settle.

neither young nor valencia can play there, they always hold up it up waiting for a overlap from a nonexistent full back to give them space to cross it in and both are poor defensively

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:28 am

Hi there.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:01 pm

Reported for spam.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:44 pm

Good win yesterday, team still nervous for some reason.

Great to see Falcao off the mark, never seen movement like his - it is outstanding.

Di Maria continuing to perform, looked tired last 10 minutes though.

Two schools of thought during international break - we are in some form and its bad timing, we have injuries so it is good timing.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:50 am

I think we need the more experienced centrebacks available for the bigger games coming up soon (stating experienced rather than decent) so a week extra to heal them up helps.
The next five games contain matches v Chelsea, City and Arsenal so any haul of 8+ points will be decent.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:08 pm

conflicting reports doing the rounds on Twitter (that oh so reliable source) today

half saying the club will announce De Gea extends contract till 2020 and then others saying that Real have no interest in offering up Bale as any potential deal and are prepared to wait for the next 18 months and pick him up on a free at the end of next season

Also that the club are prepared to offer £31m to Bilbao in the coming days for young french centre back Laporte amidst rumours that they would face competition from Arsenal for his signature if they waited till Summer

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:48 am

Couple of rumours coming out after this weekend is that Hummels seems to be available in the summer, along with Depay who seems to very much favour a move to us. Strootman's name has also been mentioned but with his current injury problems would be a massive risk to take, especially as he wouldn't come cheap.

Hummels is exactly what we need and completely getable. Depay looks a real talent and would give us some much needed pace on the wings. A tough tackling, box to box mid would be great and strootman does fit the bill, but we'd be shelling out 20M+ for someone who has really suffered on the injury front over the last 2 years. Would maybe prefer someone like Khedira who is available and would fit the bill. Right back should also be made a priority, keep hearing Alves' name mentioned but i don't rate him any more. Would rather go for Coleman.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:25 am

Pre season done, transfers possibly done except for a di Maria replacement.

Tour wasn't great and at 4 friendlies pre season seems short.

Gone from 3 big name strikers to 1, who's managed 1 from a set piece in pre season.

No centre half brought in, blind looks assured enough back there but will get found out during the season. Jones is a disaster.

Midfield looks much better and depay is very threatening, was hoping for a league challenge this year but think we'll fall short and make top 4 again. Balancing Europe will be difficult.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by kenn20152014 Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:03 pm

how about martial ? Will he the gaalacticos 2.0 this season ? Can't believe what i see in a 19 years old boy

kenn20152014

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:29 pm

Think a few of us have to hold our hands up over chris smalling. I never thought he was going to make the grade but he's looked very good so far this season.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue May 31, 2016 2:22 pm

Rashford and Borthwick Jackson signed new deals today.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:29 am

Carrick signs 1 year extension.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:58 am

quick question:

do you think rooney is going to hold us back as a club? certainly shouldn't be club captain, must go down as worse captain in my lifetime. but is he purely playing on reputation and will mourinho have the balls to drop him

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:10 am

There is no hope of Rooney playing in midfield next season, none.

He is terrible at it.

I think he is done as a top level pro, remember he has played as many games as they average 35 year old.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:15 am

oh i agree ent, but the problem being, like with england he will get played purely through his high profile. not to mention those in the media and fans alike that praise him for one good game and forget about games and games of mediocrity. when he's bad, he's really really bad

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:34 am

I just can't believe that a top manager (which mourinho is) will look at Rooney and see a player he wants to play in midfield.

If he plays at all surely it will be behind the main striker.

His media profile will wain now is guess, can't imagine he'll continue as England captain and Jose will have a huge profile at the club (along with ibra if he signs).

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:15 am

The big problem with Rooney is he's a £300k wage bill each week.
Not many clubs can either afford that or be appealing enough to him to force him to take a hit on it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:52 am

everton got some new big money owners can they not please take him off the books. am i right in thinking he's still got three years on this mega money contract? picard

imagine how bad he will be by the end of it, cheers moyes you ball bag. who gives a 28 year old a 5 and a half year contract

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:08 am

Ibra confirms he'll join on instagram (modern times eh).

How will the team shape up then?

De gea
Darmian smalling Bailey shaw
???? ????? ?????
???? Ibra martial

Who knows.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:46 am

You'd think Mourinho would be after a new central midfielder. Can't see him being impressed with Blind or Fellaini. Herrera is probably too lightweight. Schweinsteiger and Carrick are ageing. Schneiderlin is probably the one I think Mourinho will be interested in using often. 

Perhaps he'll use Rooney there? He tried to sign him for Chelsea a couple of years ago, but I'm sure that was a centre forward. Did Euro 2016 show that Rooney is good enough to start there? I'm not so sure.

I'm assuming William Carvalho will be on the radar, Paul Pogba is probably being looked at, but he might be too expensive. Other than that, I'm not sure the player United need in there is actually on the market.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:55 am

As the Galacticos come together, some have seen the writing on the wall. Prospect Ashley Fletcher has turned down a new contract at your place, and passed a medical at West Ham. Loved what I saw of him at Barnsley so quite happy

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:36 pm

Don't know who's he'd go for in midfield.

Of what we have id go schneiderlin and blind and 4231, I'm praying he doesn't go with Rooney in cm.

A young player is as likely to get in our team as west hams imo.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:20 pm

-------------------De Gea------------
Fosu-Mensah--Smalling-Bailly--Shaw
------------Rooney------Pogba--------
----------------Mkhritaryan-----------
----Rashford------Zlatan-----Martial----

DM line up. Midfield too open, would need a William Carvalho type alongside Pogba & not Rooney. Jose doesn't rate Darmian, so would presume Fosu gets the nod. Other than that, it looks a scarily good side

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:39 am

Defence looks weak

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:15 am

Smalling is a top CB in the PL, Shaw is one of the best LB's in the country, Fosu showed last year, that he looks a top prospect & Bailly has impressed in La Liga, strong, quick & just cost £30m. Then they have the best goalkeeper in the world & they had the best defensive record in the PL last season.

The protection in front of the midfield looks weak, not the actual back five.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:51 am

I don't fancy that defence. They had a good defensive record cos they were protecting the ball like scoring was an awful loss of possession. Smalling is hugely overrated anyway, Bailly is young and unproven for me, whilst I really rate Shaw he is better going forward and Fosu-Mensah is a prospect. When you start playing every week the mistakes don't get ignored any more.

I dont look at that and think Chelsea, City, Arsenal or Spurs will be worried.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:41 am

I'd expect another CB to come in with Bailly as back up mainly. If Pogba joins then personally I'd say they need to play 3 in midfield...

---------------De Gea--------
Fosu---Smalling---Varane---Shaw
--------------Carrick-----------
--------Pogba---Rooney--------
Mkhitaryan------------------Martial
-----------Ibrahimovich---

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:10 am

Rooney playing in midfield will be the death knell.

Can't see Bailly on the bench, big investment in him.

Back four looks alright to me, it's how exposed the midfield will leave it is the question.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:49 pm

I'd also hope Rooney isn't in the midfield that much either but being that Mourinho tried to buy him I presume he's a fan.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:40 pm

I'd have hoped he wanted him as a forward when he was interested.

Jose tends to play with 2 deeper midfielders, i don't think he'd play Rooney there. Maybe as the advanced one behind a striker, it would be tolerable.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:52 pm

----------Schneiderlin--Pogba---------
-------------------Rooney---------------
--Mkhriyartan-------------------Martial
--------------------Zlatan---------------

I think that is more likely, better balance too & protection.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:00 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I don't fancy that defence. They had a good defensive record cos they were protecting the ball like scoring was an awful loss of possession. Smalling is hugely overrated anyway, Bailly is young and unproven for me, whilst I really rate Shaw he is better going forward and Fosu-Mensah is a prospect. When you start playing every week the mistakes don't get ignored any more.

I dont look at that and think Chelsea, City, Arsenal or Spurs will be worried.

spurs and arsenal are nowhere near title challengers. they couldnt even do it when all the other big clubs failed. id be disappointed if we finish below either. and saying they wont be worried because of our defence, have you seen arsenals and spurs defence?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:42 pm

Both Arsenal and Spurs, especially Spurs, have much better defences. I'd take every member of Spurs's except Rose over Man United's. And Bellerin and Koscielny are so far ahead of anything you have.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:45 pm

walker and rose dont know how to defend. the spurs centre halfs are decent. dier offered a lot of protection to the spurs backline

arsenal have koscielny and thats it, bellerin gets away with a lot due to his pace but as a unit there pretty poor as koscienly doesnt have a partner, blind would be a better partner than what arsenal have!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:52 pm

Have to wait and see, we've a new manager and new defender (possibly with more to come).

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:42 pm

Smalling plays in a poor England side and suddenly he's back to being over rated again, give over, he had a fantastic season for us last year and alongside De Gea and the youngsters was the only player to come out with any credit.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:01 pm

just look how good harry kane looked in that england team

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:50 am

I look forward to seeing Smalling under Mourinho, think he might improve a lot, but right now I'm not a fan. I just think it could be improved. If you don't that's fine.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:10 pm

Only thing I picked up from the PC, was Mourinho on Rooney.

'He'll never play in midfield, for me'.

Good move

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:15 pm

Pretty much means the end of his United career though, he's not good enough to play up front anymore. I expect Mourinho will give him one season and then he'll be gone.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:29 pm

Yes various interesting things in his press conference.

The Rooney thing was the best statement, mourinho said his own passing would be great under no pressure!

Wants another signing too.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:42 am

Ent wrote:mourinho said his own passing would be great under no pressure!

Yeah, had to laugh at that one. Incredible the hype Rooney was getting during the group games, while playing in central midfield, against atrocious opposition. Good job, Jose wasn't fooled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:37 am

Supposedly Chris Smalling and Phil Jones are Mourinho's first choice pairing at centre back. Imagine that will last a couple of games before Jones is dropped.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:50 am

I highly doubt it, unless he can improve Jones significantly he won't be playing.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:02 pm

First tour game vs Dortmund about to start.

Johnstone
Valencia Bailey jones shaw
Blind Herrera
Mata mikhtarian lingard
Depay

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:28 pm

1-0 Dortmund.

Johnstone spilled a speculative freekick and Castro put it in second time of asking.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:45 pm

2-0

Abaumeyang penalty.

Dortmunds 5th pre season game this and it's showing.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:51 pm

Good save to stop it from being 3-0.

Dortmund running United ragged.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:17 am

4 changes now.

romero
Valencia Bailly rojo shaw
Herrera blind
Young mata mkhitsrayan (I'll spell it right some day)
Rashford

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next