The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carl Froch Has An Interesting Take On Wladimir Klitschko Pulling Out Of Fury Clash

+11
tunes666
jimdig
Soldier_Of_Fortune
bhb001
AdamT
Adam D
ONETWOFOREVER
Nico the gman
ShahenshahG
wheelchair1991
Pedro147
15 posters

Go down

Carl Froch Has An Interesting Take On Wladimir Klitschko Pulling Out Of Fury Clash Empty Carl Froch Has An Interesting Take On Wladimir Klitschko Pulling Out Of Fury Clash

Post by Pedro147 Wed 30 Sep - 19:02

'I wasn't really over-shocked. We know Klitschko. We know he has pushed fights back, and we also know this will still happen.

But if I am going to play devil's advocate on Klitschko's injury, when he does pull out - and he's done it a few times now - why is it never a visible or provable injury? If he'd ruptured his Achilles and had a scan, fine - but he's got a calf problem, so we will never know.

The calf is a big muscle so rationale says it is a quick healer and the injury will keep him out of action for a month. I am not sure what to make of it all. I think Klitschko was either a bit rattled by Fury's antics or he just thinks 'I don't need this'

'Klitschko is in a position in his career where he could miss a fight, even retire because he just doesn't need it - especially all the hassle. If Tyson has got on his nerves - and he probably has - maybe he is just unsettling Fury now, showing him who is in control and that he can do what he wants, when he wants.'

I do think Fury has got a chance when this fight happens, but I don't think for a minute Klitschko thinks that is the case. The people around him will have told him Tyson isn't a big puncher and can go down if you hit him, so I don't suddenly think Klitschko is worried.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Carl Froch Has An Interesting Take On Wladimir Klitschko Pulling Out Of Fury Clash Empty Re: Carl Froch Has An Interesting Take On Wladimir Klitschko Pulling Out Of Fury Clash

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 30 Sep - 19:09

Froch will fit right into the Sky boxing pundit team with rubbish like this
Fury said today in 5 years time he is going into politics....god help us

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Carl Froch Has An Interesting Take On Wladimir Klitschko Pulling Out Of Fury Clash Empty Re: Carl Froch Has An Interesting Take On Wladimir Klitschko Pulling Out Of Fury Clash

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 30 Sep - 19:16

Trying too hard

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 30 Sep - 20:22

wheelchair1991 wrote:Froch will fit right into the Sky boxing pundit team with rubbish like this
Totally agree, Froch fan but what an absolute load of tosh he's spewing.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 30 Sep - 22:09

I think Froch has a point but did anyone think of this......

Wlad called off the fight AFTER the blood moon sightings.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 1 Oct - 8:35

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:I think Froch has a point but did anyone think of this......

Wlad called off the fight AFTER the blood moon sightings.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
"did you ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"

Well, we did have the joker at the press conference!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 1 Oct - 10:18

One of the great Movie phrases. Jack Nicholson is awesome!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 1 Oct - 12:11

Jack Nicholson's joker is vastly over rated.

I've a lot of time for Froch, but this is rubbish. How many times as Wlad called off a fight due to injuries that can't be seen? No history of this. Maybe he confused him with Haye!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 1 Oct - 12:35

bhb001 wrote:Jack Nicholson's joker is vastly over rated.

I've a lot of time for Froch, but this is rubbish. How many times as Wlad called off a fight due to injuries that can't be seen? No history of this. Maybe he confused him with Haye!
Didn't he pull out of the Chisora fight with a back "injury" only to be seen on the golf course a week later? Then Chisora gets paid off and Haye fights Wlad instead, Haye then shows his injured toe afterwards. Haye also showed his cut eye after cancelling the first Fury fight and then showed us a picture of himself after surgery when he cancelled the second Fury fight, much like Manny showed us his shoulder in a sling after surgery. Wlad's shown us nothing! Who's the real fraud, huh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 1 Oct - 14:11

We can only assume as in reality....we don't know the truth.

But you can see Carl's point. Fury was on the crest of wave. He owned that press conference seemed full of confidence. Wlad and Vitali have been known to use sly underhand tactics in the past. This could be seen as a ploy to knock Fury out of his game (especially due to the 'nature' of the injury). And when the fight is rescheduled will it be at the back of Furys mind that it could be cancelled.........again.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 1 Oct - 21:53

I don't buy that Wlad has proposed the fight because fury has got under his skin. I do think there is more to it than a calf injury though.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 1 Oct - 23:10

wheelchair1991 wrote:Froch will fit right into the Sky boxing pundit team with rubbish like this
hmm i think he would probably do better than what we have, its not hard..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Fri 2 Oct - 7:09

Klitschko exhibits pathological controlling behaviour; unable to make Fury kowtow, he's postponed the fight to demonstrate he holds the reigns.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 2 Oct - 7:12

DAVE667 wrote:
bhb001 wrote:Jack Nicholson's joker is vastly over rated.

Didn't he pull out of the Chisora fight with a back "injury" only to be seen on the golf course a week later? Then Chisora gets paid off and Haye fights Wlad instead, Haye then shows his injured toe afterwards. Haye also showed his cut eye after cancelling the first Fury fight and then showed us a picture of himself after surgery when he cancelled the second Fury fight, much like Manny showed us his shoulder in a sling after surgery. Wlad's shown us nothing! Who's the real fraud, huh?

Good point well made. I would say that one event, which I don't dispute as stated, is not a trend. More a tactical business decision.

I stand by my point that Jack Nicholson's portrayal of the Joker was hammy to the extreme and vastly over rated Run

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 2 Oct - 10:30

Rescheduled for November 28th in Dusselldorf.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 2 Oct - 11:04

Hmmmm Sky will be in a bit of pickle.

Brook v Chavez PPV 24/10
Fury v Wlad PPV 28/11
Joshua v Whyte PPV 12/12

Wont be making too many friends if they decide to do this.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 2 Oct - 11:25

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Hmmmm Sky will be in a bit of pickle.

Brook v Chavez PPV 24/10
Fury v Wlad PPV 28/11
Joshua v Whyte PPV 12/12

Wont be making too many friends if they decide to do this.

Surely they cannot have 3 ppvs in that space of time

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by leedizzle1986 Fri 2 Oct - 13:34

Rather than £15 to £20 each and getting a ton of bad publicity, why don't they do something along the lines of £20 per show, but buy all 3 for £35..... or buy 2 get one free...... 3 decent nights of boxing, people wouldn't be as put off, and it would show whilst the PPV model isn't good, that they are willing to be flexible with fans needs when things go wrong. It won't happen but its a nice thought.

leedizzle1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 2 Oct - 14:13

TopHat24/7 wrote:Rescheduled for November 28th in Dusselldorf.
Awesome...Fury gets his head taken off his shoulders and I get to watch SLAYER in Leeds on the same night

WOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 2 Oct - 15:23

DAVE667 wrote:
Awesome...Fury gets his head taken off his shoulders and I get to watch SLAYER in Leeds on the same night

Is "WOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH" one of their lyrics? All I seem to have deciphered from a song I've just listened to is:

weklnjwknjkwenwejknwejknewjknjkwnjknejknqwjkenqwjkenjkwjkenjknwenmjkNWJKLQNDJKNJKWNFQJKNEJKQNFJKNFJKQNJKCNJKNWJKLCNJKNjnwjklnljkenljkfnjklqnljknfjklqnfjkqnfjklqnfjklqnfjklnqfjkqnfjkn

It's like listening to a bunch of special people make random noises and scream random things.

Now, where's N-SYNC in my music got to.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 2 Oct - 15:29

Coxy001 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Is "WOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH" one of their lyrics? All I seem to have deciphered from a song I've just listened to is:

weklnjwknjkwenwejknwejknewjknjkwnjknejknqwjkenqwjkenjkwjkenjknwenmjkNWJKLQNDJKNJKWNFQJKNEJKQNFJKNFJKQNJKCNJKNWJKLCNJKNjnwjklnljkenljkfnjklqnljknfjklqnfjkqnfjklqnfjklqnfjklnqfjkqnfjkn

It's like listening to a bunch of special people make random noises and scream random things.

Now, where's N-SYNC in my music got to.

They're not Icelandic...that would be SOLSTAFIR who are a different type of band. Listen to they're new album "Otta"...it's lovely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down