The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's keeping the All Blacks awake???

+19
Geordie
Duty281
ME-109
mikey_dragon
Cardiff Dave
aucklandlaurie
George Carlin
SecretFly
TightHEAD
RubyGuby
gregortree
lostinwales
offload
BamBam
disneychilly
fa0019
Biltong
emack2
maestegmafia
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who's keeping the All Blacks awake??? - Page 2 Empty Who's keeping the All Blacks awake???

Post by maestegmafia Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:55 am

First topic message reminder :

"New Zealand asked for the windows at their city centre hotel in Cardiff to be soundproofed after being kept awake on Saturday evening by roisterous Wales supporters"

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/oct/01/all-blacks-soundproofing-hotel-georgia-richie-mccaw-rugby-world-cup

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Who's keeping the All Blacks awake??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who's keeping the All Blacks awake???

Post by ME-109 Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:30 pm

Well it is in effect the weaker Georgia team...so ABs v Georgia A?

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Who's keeping the All Blacks awake??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who's keeping the All Blacks awake???

Post by nathan Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:31 pm

ebop wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
ebop wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
ebop wrote:The ABs 'always' look beatable.

I'm looking at it from a Welsh POV though.
Fair enough. All teams are beatable though so I find the statement an odd one. I guess it is reassuring for people to see a poor performance from the ABs as the so-called favourites. But you must get the context right.

I get the context alright.
Ok, well there you go.

Georgia have shown that the ABs are beatable.

Have they beaten them then? Wink

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:31 pm

ebop wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
ebop wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Fair enough. All teams are beatable though so I find the statement an odd one. I guess it is reassuring for people to see a poor performance from the ABs as the so-called favourites. But you must get the context right.

Ok, well there you go.

ABs not out of the pool stages yet and are showing tradish signs of choking already. Very Happy

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:32 pm

ME-109 wrote:Well it is in effect the weaker Georgia team...so ABs v Georgia A?

naah, at the most its Georgia B

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:32 pm

whats the bet that NZ moan about the ref

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:34 pm

How can they moan about the ref??....EVERY decision has gone their way..... Headscratch

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:35 pm

nathan wrote:whats the bet that NZ moan about the ref

All great sides do. NZ, Wales......

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:36 pm

SecretFly wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:More handling errors? It was the same story last night. Maybe it's the stadium? Thankfully for Wales and New Zealand the final will be played at Twickenham...

It's the frequency of Swing Low Sweet Chariot that does it.  Proven in a Harvard study last year.

I read that study: two sets of rugby players randomised to two groups. 1 group playing 'hot potato' in a room full of normal stadium noise and 1 group playing in a room with Swing Low on repeat. The effect was uncanny! They reckon the droning sound of Barbour jacket wearing, Tetleys swilling Englishmen reverberates in the ear drums such that it renders the senses useless. Unfortunately it works on their own players too...

...I'll get my cloak...!

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:36 pm

what exactly do they feed these Georgians?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:36 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:How can they moan about the ref??....EVERY decision has gone their way..... Headscratch

scrums.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:38 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:How can they moan about the ref??....EVERY decision has gone their way..... Headscratch

Exactly...on the refmike you can hear him....eello Richie et Dan (you are zo zexy)...would you like a penalty for zat

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:39 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
ebop wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
ebop wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Ok, well there you go.

ABs not out of the pool stages yet and are showing tradish signs of choking already. Very Happy
Be careful with the C word  Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:39 pm

does dan coles think he's on the catwalk when he walks lol

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:40 pm

nathan wrote:what exactly do they feed these Georgians?

They're huge Nathan. I was stood next to them when they played the Falcons in a warm up game about 4 weeks ago at KP. They are genuinely massive....

However we smashed them all over the park.

Does that mean we're better than the AB's?? Wink Very Happy

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:40 pm

At this stage Ireland and France will be trying to lose their game so they get the ABs.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:41 pm

Well, Georgia have done better than we (Wales) usually do v All Blacks! Kudos.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:41 pm

I don't know but it must seep through the pores and have a sedative effect on anyone that touches them.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:41 pm

nathan wrote:does dan coles think he's on the catwalk when he walks lol

Am I wrong in genuinely not seeing the fascination with him? He wouldn't be my choice of hooker.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:42 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:

They're huge Nathan. I was stood next to them when they played the Falcons in a warm up game about 4 weeks ago at KP. They are genuinely massive....

lol, i'd take that. Tigers beat the falcons so we're even betterer Wink

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:44 pm

Hanson winks twice with his right eye and the boys turn it on.....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:44 pm

how was that not given as a forward pass?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:45 pm

nathan wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

Very Happy Harry Thackers the new Savea....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:46 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:
nathan wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

Very Happy Harry Thackers the new Savea....

lol, nah, he's loads better than Savea

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:47 pm

AB's - 18 handling errors.... Shocked

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:47 pm

Mamuka Gorgodze - MOM

http://en.espn.co.uk/scrum/rugby/player/14147.html

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:48 pm

just realised i paused this earlier and thats why i'm a couple of minutes behind you guys lol

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:50 pm

And that folks is how you beat a 'minnow' side.  Play absolute shyte, have 18 handling errors, score 7 yawn tries and legs up in plenty of time for the late night movie.

The rest of you simply try too hard.....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:51 pm

wonder how many injuries NZ have from that match, not that it will effect them that much against the "minnows"

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:52 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
ebop wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
ebop wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Ok, well there you go.

Congratulations to the ABs for qualifying for the quarter finals of the Rugby World cup.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:54 pm

Griff wrote:Well, Georgia have done better than we (Wales) usually do v All Blacks! Kudos.

If only we'd had an OH with the balls to have a crack at a DG, 4 years ago.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:55 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
ebop wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
ebop wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Ok, well there you go.

Congratulations to the ABs for qualifying for the quarter finals of the Rugby World cup.
Ouch, that's just burst a bubble Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:57 pm

yes well done, one of the hardest groups in the world cup...

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:59 pm

One of them yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 02 Oct 2015, 10:13 pm

ebop wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
ebop wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
ebop wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Ok, well there you go.

Don't be like that mun. Anyway Tonga next oop north. Cold and lots of rain probably.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 10:23 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
ebop wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
ebop wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
ebop wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Ok, well there you go.

Don't be like that mun. Anyway Tonga next oop north. Cold and lots of rain probably.
Yeah, it'll be another opportunity for the ABs to probably eek out another scratchy win. Good luck to Wales. Hope they make it out of the Pool of Death.
Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by donglewood Fri 02 Oct 2015, 10:54 pm

Fairly abject stuff from a New Zealand team who tried to run before they could walk.

I would've yanked Carter, he was dire.

Decision making was poor, execution was useless and they failed to build intensity, instead flinging it wide and running into touch.

A good first 90 seconds that just went down hill after that.

donglewood

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 02 Oct 2015, 10:58 pm

That was a pretty impressive Georgian effort. It must be nice to have an abject and stuttering performance and score 40 plus points. Class is permanent beware the blacklash

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:11 pm

RubyGuby wrote:That was a pretty impressive Georgian effort. It must be nice to have an abject and stuttering performance and score 40 plus points. Class is permanent beware the blacklash

thumbsup

...and crafty.

That was an Oscar nominated effort from the boys in Black....tripping over themselves, hoping not to score too many. It was the desire not to score that led to the confusion and sloppiness Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:22 pm

A bluff you reckon Fly?

Nah, Georgia were up for some clattering tackles tonight. Good on them. Even though they were well beaten they'll be proud of how they played. Same with Namibia.

One thing I've noticed, is the defence of the lower ranked teams is far superior to in previous RWCs. Fitness to. There's not 'as many' easy tries like we're used to seeing. Although the wallabies relying on rolling maul tries against Fiji was disappointing. And SA's behemoth forwards waltzing through Japan also sticks in my mind. Overall, D is much better. It's offence they need to concentrate on now. Professionalism and the raft of overseas coaches coaching these teams seems to be paying off.

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:41 pm

You have to give a lot of credit to Georgia, they had an injury at every second lineout and scrum, constantly achieving aerobic recovery. cunning but typical stuff from Milton Haigh.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:45 pm

Carter's kicking was impressive - like a golfer getting rid of all his bad shots before the main Comp begins

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:47 pm

I'm afraid I still believe a bluff ebop. Cool  I've seen it too many times from the boys.  They're good at it.  

Oh don't get me wrong either - they land themselves in real battles, and take real hits, and risk real injury and risk the scoreboard too.  They're not playing around.  But there is a method to it all.

For me, the AB orchestrate the surprise 'toughies' against considered minnows to either do the actual job of necessary 'toughening up' before genuine battles ahead, or to bluff the eager eyed coaches from other Nations who are tuning in to see if they can spot anything to help them.  All you have to do is be less creative and less pacy, and you naturally draw down the heavier duty game onto your shoulders.

If some coaches believe the show (and I wouldn't think many of the better ones do), they'll see glitches in the AB system that might be exploited.  Come big match day the glitches have miraculously melted away. Wink  That's not to say either that they're a cert for the cup.  They'll have genuinely tougher encounters to come.  But that doesn't stop them sucking pressure onto themselves when required by the training programme/schedule.

Let's not fool each other on these pages, if the chips were down tonight and the ABs were in the position of needing a big win against Georgia to go through, that would have been a different game.... period.  They had three or so more gears to go through that they never touched.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by donglewood Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:48 pm

New Zealand will go out at the quarters.

The main threats are France, Argentina, Ireland, Australia and England.

donglewood

Back to top Go down

Post by donglewood Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:51 pm

SecretFly wrote:I'm afraid I still believe a bluff ebop.  Cool  I've seen it too many times from the boys.  They're good at it.  

Oh don't get me wrong either - they land themselves in real battles, and take real hits, and risk real injury and risk the scoreboard too.  They're not playing around.  But there is a method to it all.

For me, the AB orchestrate the surprise 'toughies' against considered minnows to either do the actual job of necessary 'toughening up' before genuine battles ahead, or to bluff the eager eyed coaches from other Nations who are tuning in to see if they can spot anything to help them.  All you have to do is be less creative and less pacy, and you naturally draw down the heavier duty game onto your shoulders.

If some coaches believe the show (and I wouldn't think many of the better ones do), they'll see glitches in the AB system that might be exploited.  Come big match day the glitches have miraculously me elted away. Wink  That's not to say either that they're a cert for the cup.  They'll have genuinely tougher encounters to come.  But that doesn't stop them sucking pressure onto themselves when required by the training programme/schedule.

Let's not fool each other on these pages, if the chips were down tonight and the ABs were in the position of needing a big win against Georgia to go through, that would have been a different game.... period.  They had three or so more gears to go through that they never touched.

It was no bluff, NZ revealed a score of tactics. The midfield double act of Savea and SBW, and using Coles as a winger, the deeper attack and so forth. They gave a lot away, but little of it came off. Sloppy and disorganised. Aaron Smith was anxious and hasty, rather than composed and speedy, Carter was just slow and dozy. It was a car crash that will have the coaches very worried.

donglewood

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:53 pm

donglewood wrote:

It was no bluff, NZ revealed a score of tactics. The midfield double act of Savea and SBW, and using Coles as a winger, the deeper attack and so forth. They gave a lot away, but little of it came off. Sloppy and disorganised. Aaron Smith was anxious and hasty, rather than composed and speedy, Carter was just slow and dozy. It was a car crash that will have the coaches very worried.

Yeah...like I said, Oscar quality stuff Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:58 pm

Loved the MOM announcement that was one of the highlights of this RWC - GorGodZa!!!

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 03 Oct 2015, 12:06 am

SecretFly wrote:
donglewood wrote:

Yeah...like I said, Oscar quality stuff Wink

They have been putting a lot into Savea, his side of the field, and letting him come into the middle more, which could be utterly brilliant, just one little problem, hes now forgotten how to be a winger.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 03 Oct 2015, 12:06 am

Yeah, he's been a real star of the event.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 12:07 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:
You have to  give a lot of credit to Georgia, they had an injury at every second lineout and scrum, constantly achieving aerobic recovery. cunning but typical stuff from Milton Haigh.
Yeah it wasn't quite the Namibia game where the ball was in play for 12 minutes. But it sure was a tedious game. The ABs fumbles resulting in scrums where the Georgians got the ball in hand to fumble themselves for another scrum where the ABs got the ball and fumbled or gave away a penalty wasn't the best of entertainment.

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 03 Oct 2015, 12:10 am

Talking of bluffs, what about having Maa Nonu running around doing the water bottles, theres some "chatter" that his shoulder might be a lot worse than stated.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next