The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+37
sirfredperry
spencerclarke
Lowlandbrit
Mat
Trebs
JamesLincs
socal1976
Corporalhumblebucket
CFCNick
Holymiky
Crimey
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Nico the gman
compelling and rich
TRUSSMAN66
lfc91
Alistair
Liam
owen10ozzy
Atila
Jermaine2015
Hero
LivinginItaly
hampo17
guildfordbat
Ent
Fernando
FIFA Diva
Marky
kingraf
Duty281
NickisBHAFC
Good Golly I'm Olly
westisbest
GSC
Dolphin Ziggler
Hammersmith harrier
41 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 10 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

that's the golden boot wrapped up

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 10 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by westisbest Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:33 pm

No surprise really.

Moyes Rogers Pearson Bradley Klinsmann are some of the names being touted around.

Would probably like Rogers or Moyes.
Wouldn't mind Klinsmann tbh.

Certainly not Bradley.

Gotta give whoever time. Hopefully whoever it I can turn things around.

Hopefully this is a kick in the a55 we need.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 10 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Ent Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:38 pm

City have been very negative the whole game, how negative is this for a change? Toure for di michaelis

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:55 pm

Really negative from city, no intention to try and win the game.

Pity we didn't try and force the issue a bit more, think the win was there for us.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:56 pm

United were the better side, but defending won the game and 0-0 was probably the right result.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:00 pm

I like seeing overly defensive performances punished.

2 holding mids, fullbacks stayed deep, wingers rigid.

20 mins to go a centre half into midfield.

Very boring to watch.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:04 pm

The centre half (demichelis) was brought on to nullify Fellaini. Why are you complaining about that move, failing to make that tactical switch is what has killed other teams & allowing Fellaini freedom to express himself. City were without Aguero & Silva, the two best players in the league & the wingers were off form, Manuel saw this & basically said, 'let's get out of OT, at our rivals, with a point, without our best players'. United were better team, but City will be most pleased.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:07 pm

Spot on John

Ent, you might like seeing overly defensive performances punished, but looking at Rooney & co, that was never going to be the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:18 pm

United also played 2 holding mids and were not really expansive. In fact you had 0 shots in the first half. When you went long City reacted and your criticism is criticism of good management.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:24 pm

That united vs city game, 100% worst game of the season

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:30 pm

Had no interest in watching it.

A lot of these games involving the top 4/6 sides playing each other can often be sh1te games.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:35 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:That united vs city game, 100% worst game of the season

Stoke Swansea was so much worse.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:37 pm

Rooney today had 50 touches of the ball, but lost possession an astonishing 28 times. No surprise that he also had the worst passing accuracy of any player.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:46 pm

That's because he spent 95% of his time sat in Otamendi's pocket. Much like Bony at the other end.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:13 pm

Otamendi was brilliant today. Defensively both teams were excellent. Cant judge a striker on today, I thought Rooney at least was responsible all over the pitch and worked hard for the side.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:04 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:United also played 2 holding mids and were not really expansive. In fact you had 0 shots in the first half. When you went long City reacted and your criticism is criticism of good management.

Because it was an extremely negative move, city have aspirations of winning titles and becoming an elite side - you have to make at least some attempt to win in order to do that.

This is a united side that conceded at least 2 goals every time we've played a decent side and just played an away game in Moscow.

Very poor attitude from city.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:16 pm

And people say I'm stupid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:24 pm

They had a harder game against Sevilla, were without their two best players and have just welcomed their captain back. You bring on a battering ram and they countered it. It was exactly the move to make. It nullified his threat for all but one moment, and City would still have people in midfield able to move the ball around the pace of Fella.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:56 am

I know it is tantamount to admitting your status as a sex criminal or a tendency to frequently inject yourself with heroine using dirty needles but I am very optimistic in  regards to Arsenal's chances to win the league. I think we are co-favorites with City.  I didn't feel this way two seasons ago when we lead the league most of the year to only lose steam at the end. I look at City and United's squad and I think hell we are a lot better than this sorry lot of contenders. We got a world class keeper that can bail us out, something I have been calling for literally for years. 4 pretty good center halves as Gabriel is a monster in waiting and Kos is currently one of the best in the league. Four good fullbacks on either side, Bellerin looks like someone lit his shorts on fire with the way he blazes down the wing. We have a good CDM in Coq and serviceable back ups. Attacking CM has always been our strength. Out on the wing Aaron isn't a right winger but his energy and running also with his ability to take the ball as well as distribute it actually maybe what we need. Because while he loses offensive production playing out of position on the right he adds work rate, physicality, and cover for Young Hector in comparison to playing Theo or Santi in that spot. Alexi is lethal on the other side and scores goals while also tracking back. And at striker Theo and Giroud provide us with both power and pace, and a platoon which doesn't leave us susceptible to one player going off boil or getting injured and having the goals dry up. Then throw in a bench with jack, Flamini, Ox, Rosicky, Giroud, Gibbs, Chambers, Gabriel, Debuchy, Welbeck etc. And this squad is both deep and balanced. So I think if we don't underperform or suffer a wave of injuries we should win this thing

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:25 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Bournemouth have got some serious problems with their style of play - leaking far too many goals.
They scored goals for fun in the championship, but I said Bournemouth's attacking style may. be their downfall in the premiership.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Fear not, they'll come good just in time to make Liverpool look silly on Wednesday and, just when you thought it would be an ideal time to hammer the final nail in Jose's coffin, Chelsea will play out of their skins

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:02 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:You see, I think you can see over-zealous but strong shoulder barges on every football pitch across the country not punished today.

It didnt need to be a red. That Souness thinks he can see Fletcher getting there first is more of his absolute arrogance on show, cos he could never be wrong old Graeme.

Sooo glad someone else picks up on this. I'm not a Newcastle fan, but jesus, the bitterness from this man is ridiculous. I also think they need to stop Niall Quinn from commentating on any game. Ever.

It was a penalty for me, but never a red card. It wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity, it was just clumsy.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:35 pm

Coloccini ban overturned, but then the FA charge the club for failing to control the players for their reaction to that incident. Laughable.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Yeah cant imagine why they'd want players to behave whenever they think they were on the wrong end of a decision.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:25 pm

Also certain McLaren will feel nowhere near as angry now they've overturned the decision that effectively lost them the game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Fernando on 7th August - 'I don't want someone as talented as Gnabry sat on the bench at a sh*tty club like WBA. thumbsup'

Tony Pulis today - 'Serge Gnabry just isn't good enough to play for my team'

Fernando, he's a pile of ****. You can have him back ASAP. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:51 pm

Ill take him back happily, No surprise this loan failed Pulis & wingers go together about as well as Pep Guardiola & Adebayo Akinfenwa

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:58 pm

If he could just convert him to a right back...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:32 am

Gabriel was still charged with a failure to control himself when the decision was made or something like that.. He got a one match ban.

I can understand that players have been wronged but to say its okay to react badly after a red card sets a dangerous precedent.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:22 pm

Fernando wrote:Ill take him back happily, No surprise this loan failed Pulis & wingers go together about as well as Pep Guardiola & Adebayo Akinfenwa

He plays McClean and Sessegnon though.

Think he'll get some game-time eventually, probably just drilling into him the defensive side of the job.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:41 pm

I'd be honest in saying I don't think you loan young, flair players to Pulis or Allardyce. There are trust issues that outweigh the positives in their minds. And as much as I dislike Pulis' West Brom, its clear that when one part of the cog stops working it affects the whole team.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:56 am

Genuinely think city are gonna put 7 past us today
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:21 am

Quite a busy period now, doubt City will put that many past you, they will already have one eye on Sevilla, on Tuesday.

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:13 pm

FreekShow wrote:I wonder how long it'll be before the bigger clubs start looking at Jimmy Floyd?

I'd personally stick with Burton at this point. Villa looked destined for relegation, sorry Westy.

I'm sure Villa will want a manager with more experience at a higher level and understand that Remi Garde is favourite for the post. However, I thought that was an interesting shout by Freek. Jimmy Floyd's done well at Burton. He's also been one of the best pundits that's been on MotD in recent seasons.

Westy?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:55 pm

Milner is atrocious!!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:55 pm

Somebody mute Trevor Francis, he's making Michael Owen sound like he knows what he's talking about
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:55 pm

You must be joking, risking Villa's Premier League status, on Jimmy Floyd. To me, just has Paolo Di Canio written all over it, when he jumped from Swindon to the Premier League. Villa are a big club, regardless of the form & how things have panned out, they should be knocking on Moyes' door & managers of that regard, not from blimin' League One.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:31 pm

They're going for Remi Garde. 

Honestly think clubs should take more risks in managers in this country. Also, can't use Sunderland as an example of managerial processes!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:35 pm

More than deserved equaliser, peach of a goal.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:35 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:They're going for Remi Garde. 

Honestly think clubs should take more risks in managers in this country. Also, can't use Sunderland as an example of managerial processes!

I always think clubs should look to the lower leagues for managers, often good ones floating around.

Coutinho scores to continue being considered a great player whilst actually being pretty average
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:40 pm

LiamB wrote:You must be joking, risking Villa's Premier League status, on Jimmy Floyd. To me, just has Paolo Di Canio written all over it, when he jumped from Swindon to the Premier League. Villa are a big club, regardless of the form & how things have panned out, they should be knocking on Moyes' door & managers of that regard, not from blimin' League One.

I wasn't so much calling for Jimmy Floyd to be appointed Villa's new manager but recognising that it was an interesting shout by Freek as he (Jimmy Floyd) does seem to have something about him and appears on the up. I'm not sure how relevant the comparison is with Di Canio - surely too combustible to last long anywhere whereas Jimmy Floyd comes across as much calmer and composed.

Even at this fairly early stage, I would emphasise that Villa's Premier League status is already at risk and so there will be something of a gamble - albeit a necessary one - in any appointment. I agree that Moyes and Villa would seem a decent mutual fit now although even that obviously comes with no guarantees.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:13 pm

Chelsea really are the pits of the world - sooner Mourinho leaves these shores the better
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:18 pm

Both teams stropping with the ref any chance they can. My sympathy towards Jose has come in a little since I read about his ill father. 

Coutinho!!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:22 pm

One of the only times I'll ever cheer a Liverpool goal - pound them into the ground you reds
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:25 pm

Olly wrote:Coutinho scores to continue being considered a great player whilst actually being pretty average

Getting quite boring, change the record on this. Just accept he's a very good player, with great potential.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:28 pm

This has to be the end for Mourinho at Chelsea, yes?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:29 pm

Duty281 wrote:This has to be the end for Mourinho at Chelsea, yes?

No, there isn't a better manager around.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:29 pm

We can only hope so duty, we can only hope
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:30 pm

Holymiky wrote:

No, there isn't a better manager around.

Pretty sure there's many many managers who would have this squad doing much much better than this. Ancelotti for one
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:30 pm

Olly wrote:

We can only hope so duty, we can only hope

I find it interesting how you only comment negative stuff about wanting us to lose because you don't like Chelsea.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:32 pm

I'm not saying there aren't managers capable of doing a good job, as great as Ancelotti is, Mourinho is better IMO.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next