The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+37
sirfredperry
spencerclarke
Lowlandbrit
Mat
Trebs
JamesLincs
socal1976
Corporalhumblebucket
CFCNick
Holymiky
Crimey
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Nico the gman
compelling and rich
TRUSSMAN66
lfc91
Alistair
Liam
owen10ozzy
Atila
Jermaine2015
Hero
LivinginItaly
hampo17
guildfordbat
Ent
Fernando
FIFA Diva
Marky
kingraf
Duty281
NickisBHAFC
Good Golly I'm Olly
westisbest
GSC
Dolphin Ziggler
Hammersmith harrier
41 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 9 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Guest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 4:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

that's the golden boot wrapped up

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 9 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 24 Oct 2015, 10:53 pm

Holymiky wrote:I realise it's a matter of opinion and all that (i wasn't going to) but i couldn't help but post after reading all that has been said on here today.

I would like to know what makes us a bad club, is the reason being used that some players crowded around the referee once a player got sent off? I'm pretty sure we aren't the only team that have done that EVER.

I'm just interested to see people say why they think Chelsea are a bad club etc. Dolph you are usually quite fair towards Chelsea as far as i've seen so i'm especially interested in your reasoning after what's been said today by yourself after you have won a game against us.

Your captains a racist, your manager is a c*nt and your fans are a combination of both
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 9 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Holymiky Sat 24 Oct 2015, 10:54 pm

When you say fans you mean the group of fans on the train in Paris? I obviously don't condone racism but that is NOT all Chelsea fans.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Oct 2015, 10:55 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
John wrote:Quite bored of the Chelsea/Mourinho show

Not much said about Jamie Vardy, who deserves some real credit. Vardy joins Mark Stein, Ian Wright, Alan Shearer, Thierry Henry, Emmanuel Adebayor, Ruud van Nistelrooy & Daniel Sturridge in scoring in seven consecutive Premier League games.

Bored of the Chelsea show but still cant mention that we won! Its like MOTD, those were highlights for Chelsea fans, you'd assume we were just training opponents for them by watching that.

Why do I need to mention you won? Did you mention or praise Newcastle beating Norwich? No. My post was about changing the subject to Jamie Vardy, not about regurgitating your points on West Ham United.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:00 pm

Easy, John, doesnt need to be an argument, I'm just quite sick of the Mourinho show and MOTD being about Chelsea losing, not us beating them! Seems a bit like you're paying into the Chelsea show when you mention it being just a Chelsea thing today.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:03 pm

Bilic is a GOD, Dolph. He's getting my love. Fack MOTD.

Hope your boys keep this up. Love me some romance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:06 pm

Holymiky wrote:I realise it's a matter of opinion and all that (i wasn't going to) but i couldn't help but post after reading all that has been said on here today.

I would like to know what makes us a bad club, is the reason being used that some players crowded around the referee once a player got sent off? I'm pretty sure we aren't the only team that have done that EVER.

I'm just interested to see people say why they think Chelsea are a bad club etc. Dolph you are usually quite fair towards Chelsea as far as i've seen so i'm especially interested in your reasoning after what's been said today by yourself after you have won a game against us.

Like I said, the sending off one wasnt the most annoying, it was over the innocuous one where Carroll got up and walked off after being fouled and Chelsea surrounded the ref for a free kick just inside your half. It was a nothing moment that they made into something.

However, they were deplorable after the red, enough to earn two bookings and a coach being sent to the stands. That Mourinho got himself sent off during half time was typical of how ridiculous he has been this season.

I found the behaviour over the 90 mins frustrating. Feigning injuries, picking up a lot of cards, harassing the ref and focusing on so much that wasnt football. And I think it distracted your own side from the game. It doesnt seem to be that the players knuckle down to change their fortunes, they seem to b*tch and whine, which isnt helpful. And it is mirrored from their leaders, Mourinho and Terry. I also thought Terry was off the pace today, again i'd link it to the focus on all the wrong things.

Chelsea have never really been a likeable club. Before you were good that was the case and that hasnt changed. The few likeable managers you have had, Ancelotti being the prime example, have been so hastily thrown aside that ill feeling lingers. Mourinho leads you in a way that encourages that ill-feeling, and whilst it isnt important at all for a club to be liked by those outside it, it is just something I note.

I'd also add the contrast in press conferences this week. Bilic was full of praise for Mourinho, called him a leader and mentioned how Chelsea were getting better and would get back to their best, whilst Mourinho was asked about how he thought Payet was playing and he refused to talk about him. Mourinho isnt a man who will get good press when his side isnt winning because his character doesnt earn it whether they're winning or not.

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:07 pm

Holymiky wrote:When you say fans you mean the group of fans on the train in Paris? I obviously don't condone racism but that is NOT all Chelsea fans.

Doesn't matter whether it's a small minority or all of them mate, when something like that happens it reflects badly on the club and will turn other fans against you. From a personal point of view, my hatred of Chelsea stems from friends of mine who support them. Quite happy dishing out "banter" when they win, but when they get it back they cry like you've just urinated on the Sunday roast. That is the same of the majority I've come across online as well.

This belief that Chelsea just deserve to win the title as well really grates, I am aware that you don't have this belief buddy but some do and honestly I'm enjoying seeing Chelsea struggle a lot this year.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:10 pm

Chelsea as currently composed are pretty odious. The ref made the complete right calls on Matic. There is nothing to protest but they act as if they were wronged. They are upset I suppose that is because their cheating team wasn't rewarded as happened against Arsenal. One incident summed it up Zarate goes up for a header makes almost non existent contact with Azpi and he goes down stopping play faking a head injury trying to cheat his way to getting a card for the opponent. Thankfully the ref didn't buy it but he made such a pathetic meal out of it. This is what happens when the FA rewarded Costa for his cheating. A dirty team of entitled cheats run by a hypocritical loud mouth and owned by Bond villain Roman. Hope they get relegated

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:12 pm

socal1976 wrote: A dirty team of entitled cheats run by a hypocritical loud mouth and owned by Bond villain Roman. Hope they get relegated

A beautiful post. Bravo, Sir thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:13 pm

PaulHv2 wrote:
Holymiky wrote:When you say fans you mean the group of fans on the train in Paris? I obviously don't condone racism but that is NOT all Chelsea fans.

Doesn't matter whether it's a small minority or all of them mate, when something like that happens it reflects badly on the club and will turn other fans against you. From a personal point of view, my hatred of Chelsea stems from friends of mine who support them. Quite happy dishing out "banter" when they win, but when they get it back they cry like you've just urinated on the Sunday roast. That is the same of the majority I've come across online as well.

This belief that Chelsea just deserve to win the title as well really grates, I am aware that you don't have this belief buddy but some do and honestly I'm enjoying seeing Chelsea struggle a lot this year.

I get the banter side of things and i get that it doesn't really matter what people think outside of your club Dolph.

I certainly don't agree with what happened in Paris either but it also doesn't mean that every single Chelsea fan is a racist.

I'm not happy with most of the results at the start of the season as i'm sure many Chelsea fans aren't, i think Jose Mourinho realises that as do the players. One thing is for sure though is that i will stick by my team regardless. Saying that i also think that we will turn it around.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:16 pm

FreekShow wrote:Bilic is a GOD, Dolph. He's getting my love. Fack MOTD.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:16 pm

I don't like Villa being beaten, but I like Sherwood being beaten. I don't actually think he deserves to be sacked, but I want him to be so I don't have to dislike Villa.

Can't believe Monk was under any pressure, absolutely crazy.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:17 pm

Olly wrote:

Wotto, Olly, Hope all is well, bro.

Up the Nodge!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:19 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Can't believe Monk was under any pressure, absolutely crazy.

I'm not sure he was. Outside of the media anyway. But, yeah, crazy. He should have plenty in the bank.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:19 pm

FreekShow wrote:
Olly wrote:

Wotto, Olly, Hope all is well, bro.

Up the Nodge!

Can you play centre half? If so report to Carra Rd - we're in desperate need of a couple!

I'm signing off now - can't watch the "highlights" of today, because quite frankly there were very little. As I said earlier in a rut at the mo

Man City away next week - that could get really really ugly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:22 pm

Sorry, Dolph. Can see what you meant, through me excluding WHU from the sentence. It was more of a general comment, regarding the discussion on here about Chelsea & me being bored of it & Jose's antics & wanting to discuss the performances of Vardy. That was all.

As for Sherwood, can only see Lerner pulling the trigger very soon, with matches against Tottenham, Man C & Everton. Agree on Monk, slight turn down in performance & results & the knives were unfairly out against him, driven through the media. Done an incredible job, sitting top half, so not sure where the issue is or what Swansea fans general feeling is currently, as I don't know any.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:22 pm

I dont like Villa being beaten either Dolph Very Happy

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:25 pm

westisbest wrote:I dont like Villa being beaten either Dolph Very Happy

West why did bacuna play CM today? Do you have a bunch of them injured?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:44 pm

Olly wrote:

We had Westwood, Sanchez and Gil on the bench.

Again no Kozak.

Would like to see him start, or even off the bench.

Tim obviously not a fan.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:53 pm

John wrote:Sorry, Dolph. Can see what you meant, through me excluding WHU from the sentence. It was more of a general comment, regarding the discussion on here about Chelsea & me being bored of it & Jose's antics & wanting to discuss the performances of Vardy. That was all.

As for Sherwood, can only see Lerner pulling the trigger very soon, with matches against Tottenham, Man C & Everton. Agree on Monk, slight turn down in performance & results & the knives were unfairly out against him, driven through the media. Done an incredible job, sitting top half, so not sure where the issue is or what Swansea fans general feeling is currently, as I don't know any.

S'alright mate, I know you wouldnt be a d!ck, I should let the result be my joy really so apologies too!

You can be safe in the knowledge that I REALLY want you to win tomorrow.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:57 pm

It wouldn't surprise me to see us lose to Allardyce & lose all the positivity & momentum from last week against Norwich. Hopefully the boys can pick up from last week, but I'm fearing the occasion will get to them, especially some of the new additions. Tiote will be a walking red card, if he starts & I'm sure they will target Mitrovic early on. Huge game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:58 pm

westisbest wrote:
Olly wrote:

We had Westwood, Sanchez and Gil on the bench.

Again no Kozak.

Would like to see him start, or even off the bench.

Tim obviously not a fan.

Not a fan of Call Collymore but had nothing else to listen to in the car...anyway; guy phoning in said he reckons Tim is just so desperate he is throwing different combinations in now not quite sure of what is working. Seems like it might be true actually

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 25 Oct 2015, 12:05 am

Looking that way Dolph.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 25 Oct 2015, 12:32 am

On the bright side I have to give credit to Arsene, he seems to be managing his striker situation wonderfully. Giroud has played like a monster since having theo picked over him. At the same time the team has variety in the attack and both strikers instead of pouting and sniping are competing well and pushing each other. He hasn't frozen either out has kept both in the action and given them the opportunity to play and prove themselves. I prefer theo to start matches when defenders are playing a high line and pressing aggressively. But if one around the other gets hot like Giroud you give him the shirt but he knows he has to keep performing or he the other guy comes in. We still make a few mistakes in the defense but generally we have a good defense and a world class stopper. Very good man management. He has kept the key players in but has done a good job of keeping everyone that is key for them involved and rotating the squad.

Also this win against Everton is big despite the loss to United they have caused a lot of good sides problems. They are sixth and have played as tough a schedule of fixtures as anyone. Put this together with the wins against United and Bayern and we are the form side right now.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 25 Oct 2015, 9:34 am

A good and surprising win for Watford yesterday at Stoke which seems to have largely gone under the radar. Could be important as the fight for a place in the lifeboat hots up towards the end of the season.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 25 Oct 2015, 11:47 am

Sherwood sacked
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Oct 2015, 11:53 am

Moyes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Oct 2015, 12:43 pm

I wonder how long it'll be before the bigger clubs start looking at Jimmy Floyd?

I'd personally stick with Burton at this point. Villa looked destined for relegation, sorry Westy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Oct 2015, 12:46 pm

Colo head gone. Been dominant & we've just gifted Sunderland 3 points.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 25 Oct 2015, 12:47 pm

Don't see why he has to make contact there, more brainless football this weekend.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Oct 2015, 12:47 pm

What a pillock.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 25 Oct 2015, 12:48 pm

Hell of a penalty though.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sun 25 Oct 2015, 12:52 pm

am i the only one who thinks that was harsh? elliots claiming that all day.

sunderland will still go down, they are awful, theyve been battered in that first half

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 25 Oct 2015, 12:53 pm

Not at all James, you can't go barging in to players like that and it is nothing more than stupidity.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Oct 2015, 12:57 pm

It's a ******* awful brainfade from Colo. Been dominant, Eliott is eating that up all day & he's just single handily killed us & taken away all the momentum we gained from last week. Just ******* awful from the Argentine & captain. 

Only positive, is that this awful Sunderland side will come forward & maybe let our players counter more effectively, which suits us. 

So peed off right now

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sun 25 Oct 2015, 1:02 pm

im not sure they will. i think theyll frustrate you and probably sap any life out the game. could see tempers flare in the second half.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 25 Oct 2015, 1:06 pm

Dont think thats a red. And I think its a harsh foul to give. Cattermole wiping out Wijnaldum is worse.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 25 Oct 2015, 1:08 pm

JamesLincs wrote:am i the only one who thinks that was harsh? elliots claiming that all day.

sunderland will still go down, they are awful, theyve been battered in that first half

Terrible decision. Not a foul, certainly not a red.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 25 Oct 2015, 1:10 pm

Explain how it isn't a foul Duty, you can not be 100% certain the striker isn't getting the ball and neither was the defender which explains why he felt the need to make contact, had he just ushered the ball back to the keeper then yes it wouldn't have been, but what he did was stupid, brainless and was rightly punished.

It'd be a free kick outside the box so it's rightly a penalty inside the box.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Oct 2015, 1:12 pm

That Colo tackle wouldn't have looked out of place at Wembley today. Foul in my book.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 25 Oct 2015, 1:15 pm

Shoulder barges are legal in football. No foul.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 25 Oct 2015, 1:18 pm

You see that kind of challenge punished every game Duty, it is using excessive force. Plus in that situation could even be deemed off the ball as Fletcher is chasing the ball.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Oct 2015, 1:24 pm

Game over. Terrible day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 25 Oct 2015, 1:34 pm

You see, I think you can see over-zealous but strong shoulder barges on every football pitch across the country not punished today.

It didnt need to be a red. That Souness thinks he can see Fletcher getting there first is more of his absolute arrogance on show, cos he could never be wrong old Graeme.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 25 Oct 2015, 1:45 pm

Kaboul hasnt had clean contact with a ball all day, and then that gorgeous cross.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 25 Oct 2015, 1:57 pm

The hoodoo continues. Ruined by a ridiculously harsh red, and by Colo being over-zealous.

Thought Kaboul, whilst unable to kick a ball straight most of the game, showed that when hes good hes really baffling compared to his bad games.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 25 Oct 2015, 2:52 pm

Tight game this.

City looking to exploit errors we make on the ball, rather than force the issue themselves.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Oct 2015, 2:58 pm

No real quality at all, Martial is wasted out wide & is predictable coming onto his right foot. City without Silva & Aguero just run out of ideas. Dull game. 

Spurs motoring along quite nicely 1-3 up at Bournemouth, who like Norwich, look in free fall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Oct 2015, 3:27 pm

Bournemouth allowing Sterling & Kane back to back hat tricks. Spurs 1-5 up

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 25 Oct 2015, 3:30 pm

Bournemouth have got some serious problems with their style of play - leaking far too many goals.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next