The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canada vs Romania

+6
mikey_dragon
Notch
westisbest
VinceWLB
Golden
Nos na Gaoithe
10 posters

Go down

Canada vs Romania Empty Canada vs Romania

Post by Nos na Gaoithe Tue 06 Oct 2015, 6:44 pm

Only turned this on because I was home early. Along with the Japan vs SA.... it will definitely go down as one of the best games of the World Cup.

Canada dominate the first half with some fantastic running and direct line-breakers. Then Romania become the first team to overturn a 15-0 deficit in the World Cup with a bruising second-half forwards display and a last minute penalty win.

Fantastic stuff from both sides. Shame for Canada... their out-half should have kicked the leather off the ball with 3 minutes to go!

But another great game for this World Cup. clap

Nos na Gaoithe

Back to top Go down

Canada vs Romania Empty Re: Canada vs Romania

Post by Golden Tue 06 Oct 2015, 6:46 pm

Only got to see the last 15 minutes but looked like a great game.

Feel for Canada but delighted for Romania, hope they beat Italy too. Although not many days rest for them

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Tue 06 Oct 2015, 6:52 pm

Romanian coach is the image of mike from breaking bad

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Tue 06 Oct 2015, 7:27 pm

This game was basically Canadian backs versus Romanian forwards. Enjoyed every bit of it and glad Romania won even though it doesn't really increase their chance of playing in the top tier 6N, sadly.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 06 Oct 2015, 7:50 pm

Shame for Canada.
Right wing, Hasler looks a beast.
Hearn looks decent in the centre.

If they had a decent 10, they may have won this.

Missed 3/4 shots at goal, although  scrum half missed a couple.

Hopefully they improve in the next 4 years.

Fair play to Romania, hope they go and beat Italy.

Wished Canada had won though.

Good to see a decent attendance.
Been well supported this world cup.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 06 Oct 2015, 8:19 pm

I wish I had seen this game!

Canada have the potential to be a better team than they are. And indeed they should have beaten Italy! They were coming into this tournament in appalling form and yet they nearly secured one of their best ever results in the RWC. A bit of killer instinct and it was theirs for the taking.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Tue 06 Oct 2015, 8:50 pm

Canada needed a better pack to beat Italy and Romania, as it is they are too "sevens" oriented for Rugby Union. They make me think of Fiji of ten years ago.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Nos na Gaoithe Tue 06 Oct 2015, 8:58 pm

Notch wrote:I wish I had seen this game!

Canada have the potential to be a better team than they are. And indeed they should have beaten Italy! They were coming into this tournament in appalling form and yet they nearly secured one of their best ever results in the RWC. A bit of killer instinct and it was theirs for the taking.

I didn't get to see how their Italy game actually finished. But in this one the Canadians definitely played a part in throwing it away. A little bit of calm... send the ball back as far over the Romanian's as you can and out into touch. Instead with only minutes to go... and a man down... they kept the ball in their own half, ran deep back lines and were inevitably turned over. Once Romania had their hands on the ball in the Canadian half you knew what was coming - the Romanian scrum and maul was already well on top before the Canadians lost their No. 6. The final penalty came from a complete combine harvester of a scrum.

Agree with Westisbest... Hasler looked really powerful. And it was great to see these guys put their heart and soul into it. But Hasler was also the one who put his head down in the 80th minute and ran straight almost straight into touch with Canada's last play. If they had managed to get one more phase... who know they might have drawn a final penalty in and around the Romanian 10m line?

Anyway... Romania deserved the win with that second half attitude.

Nos na Gaoithe

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 06 Oct 2015, 9:44 pm

At one point wasn't Hasler the top try scorer in the Pro12? It could have been for the whole season, as he wouldn't be affected by international call-ups during the Autumn and 6 Nations. Very dangerous winger, and probably the Ospreys only decent winger right now, unless Howells progresses through.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Oct 2015, 10:50 pm

Great game we loved Romania's Gavin Henson taking the kicks. Canada will be kicking themselves though. Ospreys Hassler is a beast and the Pontypridd coach did Romania a great service

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 06 Oct 2015, 11:31 pm

Smart game by Romania. They let Canada run the buzz out of their adrenalin fuelled approach and then gradually dragged them back in again with forward grunt.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 07 Oct 2015, 6:35 am

I watched Canada first up against Ireland and were disappointed in them then, whilst they played some good rugby yesterday they need a much stronger pack than they currently have.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 07 Oct 2015, 6:07 pm

Very entertaining match and I also enjoyed the Andy Robinson esque antics of the Canada coach in his sound proof booth. Threw toys, banged desk, feck this, feck that, etc. Looked incredibly cross towards the end of the game. Marvelous stuff.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down