The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 12 Greatest Heavyweight Slugfests

4 posters

Go down

Top 12 Greatest Heavyweight Slugfests Empty Top 12 Greatest Heavyweight Slugfests

Post by hazharrison Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:27 am

Nice piece here. Only omission I could think of from honourable mention section was Morrison vs Ruddock:

http://www.thefightcity.com/top-12-all-time-greatest-heavyweight-slugfests-muhammad-ali-joe-frazier-rocky-marciano-jack-dempsey-george-foreman/

Great quote from Foreman here on Lyle: “Nobody, other than Sonny Liston in sparring, stood and punched it out with me with any success.”

Real shame there's no footage of Liston and Foreman sparring.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Top 12 Greatest Heavyweight Slugfests Empty Re: Top 12 Greatest Heavyweight Slugfests

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:59 pm

Moorer v Cooper was a crazy fight.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Top 12 Greatest Heavyweight Slugfests Empty Re: Top 12 Greatest Heavyweight Slugfests

Post by rapidringsroad Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:45 pm

Tua v Ibeabuchi I think it was a record for the most punches thrown in a heavyweight fight.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisBenn Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:20 am

I second rapid's post. Tua v Ike has to be there... It was the most brutal HW fight I've seen. That fight, and Foreman v Lyle top my list. As usual, the list focuses far too much on the bouts which involved American fighters and misses out the other classics!

ChrisBenn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down