The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Argentina v Namibia

+5
Scottrf
Wi11
eirebilly
VinceWLB
LondonTiger
9 posters

Go down

Argentina v Namibia Empty Argentina v Namibia

Post by LondonTiger Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:06 am

Thoroughly entertaining spectacle I thought. Perhaps Argentina tried to play a little too much rugby, effectvely gifting Namibia their tries by running from their own line, but huge entertainment value.

Bosch sure to be cited though I woudl think.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Argentina v Namibia Empty Re: Argentina v Namibia

Post by VinceWLB Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:41 am

Along with Australia, Argentina is the team that has impressed me the most in this world cup, strong scrum, abrasive loose forwards, creative back line as well as pace on the wings. They are the complete package.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:42 am

Argentina are very impressive indeed. Ireland will have an extremely tough match in the 1/4 finals wherever they finish in the group.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Wi11 Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:52 am

I really fancy Argentina right now. If they click they can blow teams away, if they don't click then their pack and kicking game (especially drop kicks) give them a fighting chance.

Is defence their weakness though? They seem to concede more than the other top teams.

Wi11

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:54 am

I think their weakness is their judgement. Some offloads they really don't really need to go for, trying to play out from their try line rather than kicking it out and conceding a try.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:20 am

How on earth did that Namibian flanker get a yellow for taking the player out on the high kick. His eyes were on the ball...he jumped.

That was a farcical decision.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:21 am

VinceWLB wrote:Along with Australia, Argentina is the team that has impressed me the most in this world cup, strong scrum, abrasive loose forwards, creative back line as well as pace on the wings. They are the complete package.

Argentina 33-1!!!! Well worth a cheeky fiver.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:46 am

I was at this game, great fun and some decent tries. Argentina look like they will cause trouble for someone in the next round, they have a great set of fans too. I thought Namibia got some rough decisions but I'm glad they got the final word.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:06 am

Bathman_in_London wrote:I was at this game, great fun and some decent tries. Argentina look like they will cause trouble for someone in the next round, they have a great set of fans too. I thought Namibia got some rough decisions but I'm glad they got the final word.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Wi11 Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:21 pm

Scottrf wrote:I think their weakness is their judgement. Some offloads they really don't really need to go for, trying to play out from their try line rather than kicking it out and conceding a try.

I think it would be silly to assume they will always play so riskily, obviously they were taking risks because it was Namibia and they didn't have any chance of losing. Similarly you could conclude that the All Blacks were a naively overambitious team based on their performance against Georgia. Better to use these games to practise than grind out a tidy 40-0 win.

Wi11

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:50 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:Along with Australia, Argentina is the team that has impressed me the most in this world cup, strong scrum, abrasive loose forwards, creative back line as well as pace on the wings. They are the complete package.

Argentina 33-1!!!! Well worth a cheeky fiver.

What about Japan?!!!!

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down