The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The QF's show yet again

2 posters

Go down

The QF's show yet again Empty The QF's show yet again

Post by Student-A1 Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:03 am

After just finishing watching Argentina completely outplay Ireland wand assuming that Australia will win against Scotland (no offence meant just can't see anything else) I think we can all agree that the coaches that have been in charge of the northern hemisphere teams should all be in some ways under pressure. I am an English fan and have been hoping for Lancaster to go for years now as England have not improved under him and the best players for us Joseph being a perfect example were almost forced on him when there was no one else available to play. I swear he wanted Twelvetrees and Barritt forever. Robshaw being captain when he is a good club player nothing more. The faults go on and on.

Gatland seems to do well in one 6 nations every four years, has an appalling record when playing SH teams and has his teams playing awful limited rugby. People have given Australia so much praise for the defence they showed when down 2 men against Wales but it should not matter; a team has to be able to make that advantage count. There will be space and a SH team would have exploited it but all Wales did was one pass out then smash repeat as has been his way for 8 years.

Ireland are a perfect example of NH rugby; the one the 6 nations on points difference and it was hailed as some huge achievement when lets be fair the standard was pretty average England, Wales and Ireland the best 3 teams in the comp and none of them really that good. Ireland played with such a dull kick chase game and today were exposed as so over coached in never changing the defensive lines. Why was the coach being touted as world class unable to stop packing 6 men on the blind side marking one player leaving overlaps on every phase in open field.

I believe that Vern Cotter is the one who has made the largest difference and allows Scotland to play with more freedom and what is in front of them but is hindered by the players he has at his disposal.

This post is not a dig at anyone team but all including my own; we seem over coached where you play this way and don't stray from the blueprint. I am hugely critical of England and desperate for them to change coaches but also shake up the top too; really struggle with Rob Andrew making such important decisions and never being accountable for those choices. No doubt he will be involved yet again on the next review. The last four years has seen the gap between the SH and NH widen to the greatest distance ever to say anything else would be denial. What needs to be done?? Hope someone works that out sooner rather than later

Student-A1

Back to top Go down

The QF's show yet again Empty Re: The QF's show yet again

Post by Shifty Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:35 am

Student how can you say Gatland only does well in one championship every 4 years?  We only didn't win this years one (2015) on points difference.

Granted 2014 was fairly poor with big away losses to England and Ireland.

2013, we won the championship, losing one game at home to Ireland in the first week or we would of grand slammed.

2012 - Wales won a grand slam.

Gatland also won us a grand slam in 2008.

In fact 2010 was the ONLY time in Gatland's tenure that he's lost more games than he's won in the 6 nations.  I'm pretty happy with his record to be honest, especially considering Wales, France, Ireland and Wales are so close together. I also think that was the year that half the pack was injured.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:09 am

Student-A1 wrote:I believe that Vern Cotter is the one who has made the largest difference and allows Scotland to play with more freedom and what is in front of them but is hindered by the players he has at his disposal.
Agree with this.

But I think they play with a vastly improved level of skill and accuracy than in the past. More passes are sticking and they play at a nice pace. After this game, the Scots are my NH team of the RWC with Wales a close 2nd. Wales and Ireland played with guts but little imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down