The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland 6N lookahead

+61
dmc
EST
maestegmafia
fa0019
munkian
Fanster
A Simply Mesmeric Try
madmaccas
Hazel Sapling
mikey_dragon
gregortree
Exiledinborders
LordDowlais
David-Douglas
DirtyRucker7
Gwlad
CraigS1874
Imperialbigdave
poddy89
cakeordeath
BamBam
takethelongroad
reallybored
BigGee
bsando
RDW
demosthenes
GLove39
funnyExiledScot
yappysnap
tigertattie
nickj
lostinwales
TheMildlyFranticLlama
eirebilly
IanBru
InjuredYetAgain
jimbopip
highland_scot
Prothero
No 7&1/2
Tattie Scones RRN
Nematode
sensisball
George Carlin
Captain_Sensible
Shifty
Weegie Wizard
Majestic83
MacKnocked-on
R!skysports
EWT Spoons
TJ
RubyGuby
LondonTiger
alive555
NeilyBroon
Pal Joey
RuggerRadge2611
65 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Scotland 6N lookahead - Page 2 Empty Scotland 6N lookahead

Post by RDW Mon 19 Oct 2015, 9:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Scotland 6N lookahead - Page 2 Scotti10 Scotland 6N lookahead - Page 2 Nicola10

Scotland 45 – Japan 10

Hardie, Bennett (2), Seymour, Russell

Scotland 39 – USA 16

Visser, Maitland, Nel, Scott, Weir

South Africa 34 – Scotland 16

Seymour

Samoa 33 – Scotland 36

Seymour, Hardie, Laidlaw

Australia 35 – Scotland 34 Scotland 6N lookahead - Page 2 Bangin11

Horne, Seymour, Bennett

Tries this world cup:

Seymour – 4
Bennett – 3
Hardie – 2
Russell, Visser, Maitland, Nel, Scott, Weir, Laidlaw, Horne – 1

6 Nations fixtures:
Scotland V England Scotland 6N lookahead - Page 2 2gwb9210
Wales V Scotland

Italy V Scotland

Scotland V France
Ireland V Scotland

Last edited by RDW_Scotland on Thu 14 Jan 2016, 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Scotland 6N lookahead - Page 2 Empty Re: Scotland 6N lookahead

Post by RDW Mon 19 Oct 2015, 2:55 pm

I'd be absolutely extatic with 3 wins - we have only managed that once in the 6N and that was 2006!

3 wins would be even more impressive than beating Australia yesterday IMO - we've always known we can pull off the odd big performance and surprise a team. 3 wins would mean showing consistency and beating two teams ranked above us (assuming the other one is Italy).

We desperately need a minimum of 2 wins - we've got to show that we really have something building.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 19 Oct 2015, 3:00 pm

GLove39 wrote:Apologies for the Daily Fail link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-3278298/Scotland-lose-narrowly-Australia-Rugby-World-Cup-quarter-final-Twitter-comes-support-Vern-Cotter-s-men.html#v-4565645182001 but watch the video with Scotland fans post game. Why the hell are all they so mellow???????

Why are they so mellow? Scotland fans are used to heartbreak. WE played well, we don't invest a lot of emotion in the chance of winning. Probably a fair amount of beer as well

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 19 Oct 2015, 3:07 pm

Not sure about anyone else

but I still feel so depressed and keep thinking what if

I hate getting hope

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 19 Oct 2015, 3:09 pm

Riskysports wrote:Not sure about anyone else

but I still feel so depressed and keep thinking what if

I hate getting hope

True. It would have been easier on the emotions had we just lost like England did - limply and with a phut.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Mon 19 Oct 2015, 3:13 pm

TJ wrote:
GLove39 wrote:Apologies for the Daily Fail link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-3278298/Scotland-lose-narrowly-Australia-Rugby-World-Cup-quarter-final-Twitter-comes-support-Vern-Cotter-s-men.html#v-4565645182001 but watch the video with Scotland fans post game. Why the hell are all they so mellow???????

Why are they so mellow?  Scotland fans are used to heartbreak.  WE played well, we don't invest a lot of emotion in the chance of winning.  Probably a fair amount of beer as well

Even accounting for that. Jeeze.
If you'd stuck a microphone in my face after the game, first thing I'd have said is, "what are you doing in my house"
Then probably a Schiz style stream of expletives, before asking the interviewer for a hug.

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 19 Oct 2015, 3:19 pm

Majestic83 wrote:Looking back at Scotland's World Cup it has been a good tournament for us. Minus a few squad picks cotter got it pretty right.
We have discovered the art of scoring which is great to see and the players look confident in attack and not panicking like teams of old.
Players when they make mistakes want to make amends for them and not burry their heads in the sands. When Seymour mistimed his hit on kuidrani I knew he would score later in the game as there is a bit of dog in the team which is good.
The pressure and rushing we put on teams is now excellent. We are forcing teams into mistakes and scoring tries. How many intercepts have we knocked off recently and scored from. Must be probably the most in world rugby at the moment.
Other positive is we seem to be playing as a unit and there is a good team spirit which will now be even stronger after yesterday.
With our first choice front row our scrum is ow world class, Dickinson is now one of the best scrummaging loose head props in the world at the moment.
The back row we played yesterday is the one I have been calling for for weeks and weeks. Very well balanced. Two real workhorses at 6 & 7 who can hit hard, win turn overs and really be a menace to the opposition. Denton seems to be maturing and performed well yesterday.
A few negatives to work still, our defence has looked a little fragile at times. Not sure why this is, if players are just switching off or if the defence pattern isn't 100%.
Our line out has gone fairly well this World Cup. On a few key occasions we have gone for silly moves or over complicated throws when a simple ball to the front would have been best. Again hopefully they will learn from those mistakes.
Our maul defence is still pretty poor, Japan, South Africa,Samoa and Australia all destroyed us with attacking mauls. Probably the area where most work is needed.
Re starts are still pretty poor both on our kick and receiving them.
On kick receive they did seem better yesterday apart from Russell's howler.

For me Scotland's player of the World Cup has been john Hardie. The power in his tackles is outstanding. His ball carrying is also impressive along with his support running. At the breakdown he is one of the best, really put one over hooper yesterday.
Huge credit also to Dickinson, nel, Cowan, Laidlaw, Bennett as well.

Hogg for me has been average this tournament, not sure if it was a case of he actually tried to hard which led to mistakes.
Matt scott under performed during the tournament, seemed to go missing in defence, needs a good run of games at 12 for edinburgh to get his confidence and sharpness back.
As others have said regarding strokosh & wilson.....why? Strokosh is way way past it & wilson is just not an international player.

Looking ahead to the 6 nations I would agree with fes 100% on that being the best match day 23.

Very few weak areas in that squad and lots of good impact from the bench. Impact from the bench is key these days and often determines who will win depending who has the stronger bench impact.

Lots of positives going forward with the players we have and the coaching staff going forward. New attack coach coming in who is apparently very good and highly sought after. Is humphries still involved after this? Hopefully a lot of his role will be passed to wagga Hines.

Other positive is the high number of young very talented players we have on the fringes coming through who can add to the squad over the next couple years. Players like Rory Sutherland, zander fagerson, Adam Ashe, ben toolis, scott Steele, Damian Holland, Rory Hughes will all be phased in over the next couple years along with potentially others a year or so younger.
This Scotland 6N lookahead - Page 2 Finger13.

What really will be a success this year will be taking the RWC form consistently into the 6N. We have been very poor at letting the form from a good AI or tour series ooze through our feet when the 6N starts and that should not happen this time because based on what we contributed to the RWC, we should not actively fear any team. We have a gameplan which the players believe in and can execute. Our fitness also seems to be the best that it's been in recent memory. I don't know why this is, exactly, but I'm thrilled and long may it continue.

I agree with FES' first choice 23. To think that some of us were dismissive about Hardie - I think that he was our standout player. He's just a ball of muscle, fantastically dynamic and he hits like a train. Denton also came out of this tournament well for me and should take the starting shirt from Strauss unless domestic form this winter presents a compelling case otherwise. If Harley and Brown are out of favour, then I sure as sh!t would welcome a 6 Cowan 7 Hardie 8 Denton loose forward combination. It seems to work and actually has some balance.

Our starting 23 is potentially the best collective that we've had for 15 years. That confidence is correctly brittle because the drop off between first choices and second choices is a yawning chasm in some areas, but we are hardly the only team in the 6 which has these issues.

This could actually be the start of a good 5 years for this team. Let's hope to hell that we don't have any more premature retirees a la Joe Ansbro or Thom Evans. Pray to the ghost of Bill McLaren.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Mon 19 Oct 2015, 3:20 pm

How did Dunbar look in his first Weegie game back?

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 19 Oct 2015, 3:24 pm

NeilyBroon wrote:How did Dunbar look in his first Weegie game back?
He was Man of the Match, which suggests good things.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 19 Oct 2015, 3:26 pm

George Carlin wrote:I agree with FES' first choice 23. To think that some of us were dismissive about Hardie - I think that he was our standout player. He's just a ball of muscle, fantastically dynamic and he hits like a train. Denton also came out of this tournament well for me and should take the starting shirt from Strauss unless domestic form this winter presents a compelling case otherwise. If Harley and Brown are out of favour, then I sure as sh!t would welcome a 6 Cowan 7 Hardie 8 Denton loose forward combination. It seems to work and actually has some balance.

Well I certainly wasn't dismissive of Hardie's abilities as a player, I just felt (and still feel) that it was wrong to parachute in a player in that manner. He was outstanding for Scotland, but let's not forget that two outstanding players in Barclay and Watson missed out as a result.

Anyway, bygones. He's an Edinburgh player now and therefore both World Class and ridiculously good looking to boot. Welcome to the winners John Hardie. We may never lose again.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 19 Oct 2015, 3:27 pm

George Carlin wrote:

Yeah, but being MOTM in that Glasgow team is like Glove being given the award for best ginger in a group of brunettes! Run

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 19 Oct 2015, 3:30 pm

George Carlin wrote:

How was it awarded though? You have to be careful these days. It's possible they did a telephone survey of the Dunbar household to ascertain the best player, then got the sponsor "Allied Dunbar" to confirm it.

I really do hope he makes a full recovery. Big fan of Matt Scott - 12 though I am, I fear that until Edinburgh give him a run at 12, he won't recapture form in that position. Dunbar was missed, and Richie Vernon is not the answer (to anything).

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 19 Oct 2015, 6:19 pm

I hate to be the cooler, but I think we have to accept the fact that Matt Scott is not currently the force he once was. He's still getting back to speed but if he's being honest he will feel that Dunbar, Taylor and possibly even Horne are now ahead of him at the rank.

Solomons needs to play him at 12 every single week to give him a chance to be great again.

I think that people are making too much of the fact that Dunbar's mum chose the MoM recipient against against Dragons.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 19 Oct 2015, 6:31 pm

Who enhanced their reputations in the WC? Who disappointed?

Enhanced
Denton, Horne, Seymour, Dickinson, Nel

disappointed?
Russell, Hogg, Scott, Strauss

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Mon 19 Oct 2015, 7:54 pm

Enhanced - Laidlaw, Gray Snr, Hardie, plus those above
Disappointed- only Scott for me and he only played to his recent form whereas I had hoped he would discover old form

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 19 Oct 2015, 8:00 pm

I thought Russell and Hogg failed to really impose themselves in the way I thought they would. I suppose its a bit hard on Strauss but he did look a little off the pace but his prep wasn't really there

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Mon 19 Oct 2015, 8:00 pm

I wouldn't say any player disappointed except maybe Matt Scott, Ryan Wilson was abysmal but that was to be expected.

Back to top Go down

Post by sensisball Mon 19 Oct 2015, 8:40 pm

also was anyone aware of strokosch actually playing? if Cotter hadnt got a lucky break with Grant "call me mr glass" Gilchrist, then he would have had to start Wilson against the Boks, and we would undoudtedly have taken an even bigger pasting, really unsettling the squad ahead of the must win Samoa match.
i cannot see how Gilchrist is, at what should be near the peak of his powers, ever going to develop the physical resources to play lock for Scotland.

sensisball

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Tue 20 Oct 2015, 9:47 am

Overall, I think this was a pretty good tournament. I think our attack looks promising and should only get better as the backline gets more experienced. I was disappointed by the pack a little. The restarts were a complete shambles and the maul was not well defended. Our defence leaked too many tries - Australia very nearly scored 6 against us to our 3 (2 of which we didn't really create). I still think there is quite a bit to work on if we want to beat Ireland, England, Wales and France.

For me our stand out players were:

- Laidlaw: Possibly the best NH scrum-half atm? His decision making was superb, great goal kicker, and led the team very well.

- Hardie: Immense, would probably suit Edinburgh's style of play a bit more than Glasgow, but I've no doubt someone will sign him.

- Nel: If it wasn't for him we probably wouldn't have got the scrum points that got us close to Australia.

Underperformers:

- Hogg: Just wasn't his tournament. Showed in glimpses what he can do but when was the last time we saw one of those breaks like vs England a few years ago where he bumped off Alex Goode, or that try vs Munster at 13?

- Fly-Half: None really made that much of an impact, however, the RWC is a massive step up and Russell has hardly had a full season of professional rugby yet.

Looking ahead, I think we need to continue our approach of playing fast-paced rugby. We need to consider playing two 7s like Australia does (I'd like to see Watson feature with Hardie).

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 20 Oct 2015, 9:59 am

Getting a bit carried away on the Laidlaw front given that he probably wouldn’t even find himself on the bench of all the other home nations teams.

His shortcoming s are well known but he is also well suited to what we’re trying to do and how we are trying to play just now, plus the general lack of experience we have throughout the squad. Whatever you think of his leadership style, the players and coaches in the Scotland setup obviously rate him very highly so you’d hope they know more about it than us.

My boss said yesterday that surely Laidlaw would be a front runner for Lions captain if it was picked now – he’s certainly getting carried away!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 20 Oct 2015, 10:21 am

Laidlaw had a great tournament and made fools of plenty on here, but I'd agree that he's some way off being a Lions contender.

Gareth Davies was outstanding for Wales and offers a much greater threat from the base of the ruck ball in hand. Rhys Webb was probably the form 9 in the world going into the WC. Both Welsh 9s would tour with the Lions were I picking a squad at the moment. The 3rd scrum half would probably be a toss up between Ben Youngs, Danny Care and Connor Murray. I don't think Laidlaw would be picked.

That said, his contribution for Scotland at this World Cup was massive. He must be one of the fittest rugby players on the planet, because he never seems to stop running. His service was pretty good throughout the tournament, and I only counted a small number of aimless box kicks so the coaches have clearly put a stop to that silly Scott Johnson tactic. His goal kicking was excellent. I think Scotland Player of the Tournament is a close call between Laidlaw and Hardie.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 20 Oct 2015, 10:41 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Laidlaw had a great tournament and made fools of plenty on here, but I'd agree that he's some way off being a Lions contender.

Gareth Davies was outstanding for Wales and offers a much greater threat from the base of the ruck ball in hand. Rhys Webb was probably the form 9 in the world going into the WC. Both Welsh 9s would tour with the Lions were I picking a squad at the moment. The 3rd scrum half would probably be a toss up between Ben Youngs, Danny Care and Connor Murray. I don't think Laidlaw would be picked.

That said, his contribution for Scotland at this World Cup was massive. He must be one of the fittest rugby players on the planet, because he never seems to stop running. His service was pretty good throughout the tournament, and I only counted a small number of aimless box kicks so the coaches have clearly put a stop to that silly Scott Johnson tactic. His goal kicking was excellent. I think Scotland Player of the Tournament is a close call between Laidlaw and Hardie.

I'd throw Denton into the mix too. Aside from the South Africa game where everyone was a little off colour he has been superb in every game.

He was my MOTM on Sunday. I really hope he doesn't beat himself up too badly about that last lineout. It was his best performance in Navy Blue since his debut against England without a shadow of a doubt.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Tue 20 Oct 2015, 11:04 am

I think the comments on Scott are a bit harsh. I thought he looked sharp and scored well.

I'm not sure whether he's fully fit as well.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 20 Oct 2015, 11:07 am

I thought Denton was a bit quiet against Samoa to be fair as well. This is his best run in the Scotland team though, and he's nailed down that 8 jersey despite the threat from Strauss.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 11:07 am

I would pick Nel as my Scotland Player of the Tournament, there's simply no other SQ tighthead currently who could have transformed our pack from a bit of a liability recently to one that basically got the upper hand on all teams we faced. If we could get a transformation in other aspects of our play as dramatic as the scrum (restarts...) then we would really be on to something. Yes Hardie was fantastic and Laidlaw, Denton, Bennett, the Grays, Seymour etc all made huge contributions but for me Nel made the single biggest change to one of our general team weaknesses so for me he's our player of the tournament.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 20 Oct 2015, 11:18 am

Nematode wrote:I think the comments on Scott are a bit harsh. I thought he looked sharp and scored well.

I don't know how much longer we can keep making this excuse for him - he took part in most of pre-season and played in the warm up games.

Here's hoping he can rediscover form leading up to the 6N.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 20 Oct 2015, 11:18 am

MacKnocked-on wrote:I would pick Nel as my Scotland Player of the Tournament, there's simply no other SQ tighthead currently who could have transformed our pack from a bit of a liability recently to one that basically got the upper hand on all teams we faced. If we could get a transformation in other aspects of our play as dramatic as the scrum (restarts...) then we would really be on to something. Yes Hardie was fantastic and Laidlaw, Denton, Bennett, the Grays, Seymour etc all made huge contributions but for me Nel made the single biggest change to one of our general team weaknesses so for me he's our player of the tournament.    

Very hard to argue with this. Nel was excellent. However the entire Edinburgh front row plus Fraz Brown were superb in every match. Arguably the best front row in the NH here and potentially the world at the moment.

That Oz front row put Wales, England and recently NZ in the RC under a lot of pressure. Against us the Oz front row looked as though they had press ganged from a local boozer to take part on Sunday such was the strength of our guys.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 20 Oct 2015, 11:21 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Nematode wrote:I think the comments on Scott are a bit harsh. I thought he looked sharp and scored well.

I don't know how much longer we can keep making this excuse for him - he took part in most of pre-season and played in the warm up games.

Here's hoping he can rediscover form leading up to the 6N.

I agree with this. I've been a big advocate of Scott, but he was mucked about last season with Edinburgh. He needs to establish himself in the Edinburgh XV at 12, recapture his best form and earn that Scotland jersey. Right now Dunbar is going to sail back into the team, with Horne quite rightly his deputy. If Scott can't play better than Peter Horne, then he has problems.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Tue 20 Oct 2015, 11:24 am

And 101 caps for Mr Lamont.

Does that mean he can go now?

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 20 Oct 2015, 11:25 am

If Scott can't get picked at 12 ahead of Struass then we all have problems!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 20 Oct 2015, 11:44 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
MacKnocked-on wrote:I would pick Nel as my Scotland Player of the Tournament, there's simply no other SQ tighthead currently who could have transformed our pack from a bit of a liability recently to one that basically got the upper hand on all teams we faced. If we could get a transformation in other aspects of our play as dramatic as the scrum (restarts...) then we would really be on to something. Yes Hardie was fantastic and Laidlaw, Denton, Bennett, the Grays, Seymour etc all made huge contributions but for me Nel made the single biggest change to one of our general team weaknesses so for me he's our player of the tournament.    

Very hard to argue with this. Nel was excellent. However the entire Edinburgh front row plus Fraz Brown were superb in every match. Arguably the best front row in the NH here and potentially the world at the moment.

That Oz front row put Wales, England and recently NZ in the RC under a lot of pressure. Against us the Oz front row looked as though they had press ganged from a local boozer to take part on Sunday such was the strength of our guys.

Either that or Joubert inexplicably turned a blind eye to the Scottish front row boring in illegally and intentionally causing Sio's shoulder injury.
Heading towards 90 degrees for one particular scrum. That's shoite technique...

Well, they can go and practise their "dark arts" for the 6N now. I sincerely wish Scotland well in that competition.

Thank goodness the better team won the match and deservedly progressed through to the semis.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 20 Oct 2015, 11:45 am

To be fair LD Aus got away with similar against England so swings and roundabouts.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 20 Oct 2015, 11:47 am

Thank goodness. I've just had to open a window to let some of that Moral Righteousness out.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 20 Oct 2015, 11:58 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:To be fair LD Aus got away with similar against England so swings and roundabouts.

Not complaining, 7.5. Just noting.
I thought they were set pretty square against England. Your guys were the ones crumbling under pressure on most occasions.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 20 Oct 2015, 12:24 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:To be fair LD Aus got away with similar against England so swings and roundabouts.

I thought they were set pretty square against England. Your guys were the ones crumbling under pressure on most occasions.

The Aussie scrum did exactly the same to Marler in the early scrums against England.

I thought Joubert was generous to the Scottish scrum. I've said that several times. But no Aussie can lecture anyone on scrummaging tricks.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 20 Oct 2015, 12:38 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

The Aussie scrum did exactly the same to Marler in the early scrums against England.

I thought Joubert was generous to the Scottish scrum. I've said that several times. But no Aussie can lecture anyone on scrummaging tricks.

So it balances out then as 7 1/2 says. And surely no Scot can lecture anyone on winning World Cups.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 20 Oct 2015, 12:50 pm

Marching across on an angle with Marler following and getting pinged. It's what you do as a pack. Gte on top however you can.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 20 Oct 2015, 1:38 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

So it balances out then as 7 1/2 says. And surely no Scot can lecture anyone on winning World Cups.

Headscratch

Did any of us Scots do that??

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Prothero Tue 20 Oct 2015, 2:01 pm

It's amazing how people's opinion's on a players quality can swivel on the strength of one match, 606 is slightly better than facebook in that regard but there are a few poster's on here who owe Mr Laidlaw an apology.

People need to stop assuming players who arn't playing regularly will come in and solve problems and win games for Scotland over guys that are playing. It doesn't work like that.

Stuart Hogg will Dazzle again, Finn Russell is developing into a potential lion, Matt Scott has something the others at 12 dont have in explosive physicality. Strauss played consistently like he has for Glasgow I dont know where people got the idea at 28 he was going to become a world beater at international level. All these players are important cogs in the machine that is the squad and game plan.

Prothero

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 20 Oct 2015, 2:03 pm

Prothero wrote:It's amazing how people's opinion's on a players quality can swivel on the strength of one match, 606 is slightly better than facebook in that regard but there are a few poster's on here who owe Mr Laidlaw an apology.

People need to stop assuming players who arn't playing regularly will come in and solve problems and win games for Scotland over guys that are playing. It doesn't work like that.

Stuart Hogg will Dazzle again, Finn Russell is developing into a potential lion, Matt Scott has something the others at 12 dont have in explosive physicality. Strauss played consistently like he has for Glasgow I dont know where people got the idea at 28 he was going to become a world beater at international level. All these players are important cogs in the machine that is the squad and game plan.

clap

He played well, but Dozer is the man in possession of that no.8 jersey despite his limitations.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 20 Oct 2015, 3:09 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34574651

Wow this article made me feel great!
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 3:10 pm

I see on the BBC website that Scott Johnson says it is "vital we continue to recruit well to develop our professional teams', wonder who he's got in mind as the next Hardie or Nel?

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Tue 20 Oct 2015, 3:21 pm

Sure there will be plenty options to pick from. From following a bit of itm cup and the Australian championships there are certainly plenty of players with Scottish backgrounds playing in it.
A couple scots born players been putting their hands up in oz, murray Douglas and nick Fraser, Douglas has been keeping one of the wallabies locks out the starting line up for Melbourne.

Still think one of the main players we should target is matt Russell from league.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 3:46 pm

Majestic83 wrote:Sure there will be plenty options to pick from. From following a bit of itm cup and the Australian championships there are certainly plenty of players with Scottish backgrounds playing in it.
A couple scots born players been putting their hands up in oz, murray Douglas and nick Fraser, Douglas has been keeping one of the wallabies locks out the starting line up for Melbourne.

Still think one of the main players we should target is matt Russell from league.

Totally agree, been saying that for a while, he would score tries in union without doubt. The SRU may be a bit wary of approaching league players seeing as how farcical the approach for Kevin Locke turned out, but then again it would seem Locke is a bit of a plonker given how his career has recently gone downhill and Russell was of course born in Irvine (which is almost Ayr, and we know what that means for player quality).

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 20 Oct 2015, 3:51 pm

MacKnocked-on wrote:I see on the BBC website that Scott Johnson says it is "vital we continue to recruit well to develop our professional teams', wonder who he's got in mind as the next Hardie or Nel?

Whatever he says, I just get a little bit worried everytime I hear Scott Johnson speak or see his name.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:41 pm

How about Scott Johnson as England's new coach only you have to pay the RFU £1.5 million instead

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:43 pm

RubyGuby wrote:How about Scott Johnson as England's new coach only you have to pay the RFU £1.5 million instead

thumbsup

Deal. ASBO can settle that from his current account.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:45 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:How about Scott Johnson as England's new coach only you have to pay the RFU £1.5 million instead

thumbsup

I'm failry sure if we did whip around on the boards and outside the Millennium Stadium, Murrayfield and the Aviva we wouldn't have much more to raise Wink
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:48 pm

Its agreed then - Jonno for England

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:49 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

thumbsup

I'm failry sure if we did whip around on the boards and outside the Millennium Stadium, Murrayfield and the Aviva we wouldn't have much more to raise Wink

Well assuming we could all chuck in a fiver (except RDW obviously...), I still calculate that we'd need £1,499,950 from ASBO.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:51 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

thumbsup

Well assuming we could all chuck in a fiver (except RDW obviously...), I still calculate that we'd need £1,499,950 from ASBO.

I dare you to set up a just giving page to this effect:

We are raising money to bribe/coerce RFU stakeholders into declaring Scott Johnson is the answer to the RFU's problems.

His knowlege of rugby and metaphors is world class and he will make a fine addition to the England rugby coaching staff as head coach.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next