The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton v Quigg set to be announced for 27 Feb Manchester

+11
shenglong2015
Coxy001
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Pound-for-Pound
rodders
Seanusarrilius
AdamT
hazharrison
wheelchair1991
Rowley
catchweight
15 posters

Go down

Frampton v Quigg set to be announced for 27 Feb Manchester Empty Frampton v Quigg set to be announced for 27 Feb Manchester

Post by catchweight Thu 29 Oct 2015, 9:41 pm

Reports coming out that this fight is almost ready to be announced now.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Frampton v Quigg set to be announced for 27 Feb Manchester Empty Re: Frampton v Quigg set to be announced for 27 Feb Manchester

Post by Rowley Thu 29 Oct 2015, 9:45 pm

Good, cracking fight, the kind of which the sport needs. Two well matched fighters, really hope this one comes off. Just need Khan to realise he is not getting Manny or Floyd and sign for Brook and next year could shape up well domestically.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Frampton v Quigg set to be announced for 27 Feb Manchester Empty Re: Frampton v Quigg set to be announced for 27 Feb Manchester

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 29 Oct 2015, 11:45 pm

I cannot wait for this

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 30 Oct 2015, 10:46 am

That's one hot ticket - anyone going?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Oct 2015, 10:55 am

It's about 40 mins drive for me but may as well be a million miles away. No chance of me spending cash for that fight when I've got two small children who require oodles of cr*p to keep them entertained for less time than it takes me to queue up and buy it.

Really can't call this one either. Quigg's starting to gain some self belief and it could be a close one. In fact, the draw or SD wouldn't be a bad bet. One the face of it they seems quite evenly matched and a rematch might not be out of the question when the dust settles.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 30 Oct 2015, 12:18 pm

I will go. Close to 50-50 for me. Still back Frampton to win, probably on points.

If it is close expect a rematch.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 30 Oct 2015, 12:29 pm

hazharrison wrote:That's one hot ticket - anyone going?

It is a week after I get back from Florida and a week before my birthday, so unless everyone on here wants to buy me a ticket on the back of my many years sterling service to the place I suspect I'll be watching it on TV.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 30 Oct 2015, 1:14 pm

Great news! 2015 has not been a good fight year, IMO, so it will be great to start 2016 with a bang. Awesome!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 30 Oct 2015, 1:15 pm

I'm a big Frampton fan but after their last performances I fancy Quigg to stop Frampton.

Framton's confidence seemed to be dented a bit and he looked vulnerable for the first time in his career - whether it was being away from Belfast or the weight cut he didn't look the same fighter. Quigg will have a lot of confidence in his power after destroying Martinez and I think he will come out trying to blast Frampton out.

Hopefully it's tight enough that there'll be summer rematch on the Titanic slipway!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Fri 30 Oct 2015, 1:30 pm

I thought Frampton and the Mcguigans said that they wanted a neutral venue and definitely would not allow the fight to be in Manchester because that means Quigg's fan might show up?

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Fri 30 Oct 2015, 1:54 pm

Pound-for-Pound wrote:I thought Frampton and the Mcguigans said that they wanted a neutral venue and definitely would not allow the fight to be in Manchester because that means Quigg's fan might show up?

I'm sure there are countless neutral venues lined with plastic Paddy's waiting to crawl out the woodwork for Frampton

(nice subtle dig at Quigg btw)

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 30 Oct 2015, 2:11 pm

Frampton will be making a lot of money from this, I am sure. That will cool any venue concerns. A lot of Irish can make it across the pond, too, and I am sure they will.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 30 Oct 2015, 3:19 pm

Quigg to poop all over Barry Macs protege.

Won't be travelling up to see it in person, heard it's a bit rough up norf

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Fri 30 Oct 2015, 3:19 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Frampton will be making a lot of money from this, I am sure. That will cool any venue concerns. A lot of Irish can make it across the pond, too,  and I am sure they will.

Oh we will.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 30 Oct 2015, 8:07 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:Frampton will be making a lot of money from this, I am sure. That will cool any venue concerns. A lot of Irish can make it across the pond, too,  and I am sure they will.

Oh we will.

Hahaha.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 30 Oct 2015, 8:50 pm

I like Quigg, but I honestly believe Frampton is the real deal, Frampton by stoppage or KO, the fight taking place in Manchester tells me Frampton is confident enough to fight Quigg anywhere and beat him.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 31 Oct 2015, 7:30 am

I'm With Nico on this one. Frampton tried to emulate GGG on his US debut and got caught. Doesn't mean he was 'found out'.

Quigg landed a Show stopper on Martinez and now he's the second coming.

There's always a chance he repeats the trick on frampton, or frampton makes the same mistake twice, which is what makes it interesting but he's not going to outbox him. Not in this lifetime. I don't think Frampton was really hurt last time out, I don't think he's chinny. Frampton on points is the percentage call for me. Stoppage either way a possibility. 

Cracking fight if we finally get to see it.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 31 Oct 2015, 8:13 am

I think Quigg has been waiting for this, where as Frampton has probably realised now is the best time. Momentum is on Quiggs side. I've always liked his chances. 50/50 for first 5 rounds but the longer it goes the harder it gets for Quigg

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Hands Of Stone Sat 31 Oct 2015, 11:04 am

Great fight this if it actually comes off

Fans have short memoires, up untill their last bouts Frampton has looked the superior fighter to quigg. yes the last fight didn't go as planned but he got the win and showed great hard and character given his legs were never really with him for that entire fight. It was only about 3 years ago that Quigg was decked and knocked around by Jamie Arthur, a notoriously light puncher, unlike the huge super bantamweight Frampton fought.

Think it's going to be a good close fight. Both fighters have good defence, Frampton uses his feet and reactions to slip and dance away from punches and quigg has good footwork too and a very tight guard so while aggressive doesn't take big clean punches often.

Think it'll be frampton early, he's the superiror boxer and the faster fighter. Quigg despite getting a couple early KO's isn't that fast a starter, he likes to get his jab working and slowly round by round increase the workrate, he's got a fantastic engine and goes to the body well.

Very interesting fight but i'm going for frampton, think he'll land a lot on quigg before quigg starts getting up to speed and will accumulate damage and points. Depending on how much frampton has left in the last 3 rounds and how gung ho quigg is trying to get back into it it could end in a stoppage as frampton has the better one punch ko power and the skills to walk quigg onto something late.

Hands Of Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down