The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The V2 Wrestling World Cup....Returns

5 posters

Go down

The V2 Wrestling World Cup....Returns Empty The V2 Wrestling World Cup....Returns

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 3 Nov - 12:52

Just to give everyone a heads up, that after 3 years, I'm planning to bring this thing back next week

For those of you who don't know this is a knockout tournament where a number of wrestlers, this year 112 from WWE, TNA, LU, NXT and a select few competitors from across the world, have their merits considered and are voted upon until 1 remains

I am hoping for the competition to begin in earnest next week but I will roll out a more comprehensive set of rules as well as a list of competitors over the coming days, so stay tuned

In the meantime if you have a comments, advice or questions just give me a shout

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

The V2 Wrestling World Cup....Returns Empty Re: The V2 Wrestling World Cup....Returns

Post by Prometheus Tue 3 Nov - 12:56

Great. Why do we have to wait so long? I'm impatient for this to start right now.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

The V2 Wrestling World Cup....Returns Empty Re: The V2 Wrestling World Cup....Returns

Post by Hero Tue 3 Nov - 13:00

Great to hear DGH OK

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 3 Nov - 13:13

Prometheus wrote:Great.  Why do we have to wait so long?  I'm impatient for this to start right now.

Predominantly because I am unorganised and lazy, I'm still finalising the competitors list (when you have such a hard on for guys outside WWE like I do trimming the list to 112 is actually harder than it sounds) and sorting out the seeding system.

I hope to have the rules and competitors out tomorrow work dependant, by that point we're into Thursday and no one is around here Friday afternoon and over the weekend, so it's as well to start fresh on Monday

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 3 Nov - 13:41

Cant we just figure out who Flavour of the Month is and declare them the winner and save you a months worth of hard work? Thats how these things usually go.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 3 Nov - 13:46

Thanks for the enthusiasm guys though it means a lot, hopefully I can do half the job MtotheC (who I have been in touch with, in case anyone was worried about plagiarism) did in running things it should be great fun

Last edited by Dr Gregory House MD on Tue 3 Nov - 13:52; edited 1 time in total

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 3 Nov - 13:51

Samo wrote:Cant we just figure out who Flavour of the Month is and declare them the winner and save you a months worth of hard work? Thats how these things usually go.

I'm actually quite interested how things will play out given this will be the first WWC since Punk left and Bryan's been on the shelf for so long, that's both of the finalists from last time, throw in Angle and Jericho being lesser entities it's likely we won't see a repeat finalist from when I started following the tournament on the old 606, plus for me most of the fun has never been in the actual winner anyways, it's more about a chance to analyse and compare all your favourite and least favourite wrestlers on their form across the past year or so

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 3 Nov - 15:30

I'm placing my bet now that the final is Rollins v Owens.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 3 Nov - 16:00

Despite pessimism about the eventual outcome Im looking forward to it. These kind of things always give interesting match ups and promote great discussion. Good job Dr.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 3 Nov - 16:02

Hero wrote:I'm placing my bet now that the final is Rollins v Owens.

You never know this year might be the year Heath Slater gets his due

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 3 Nov - 16:08

I've heard that Jack Swagger is on a comeback!
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 3 Nov - 16:33

Will the New Day be counted individually or as a single entity?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 3 Nov - 16:37

Will it be 'active' wrestlers only?

And I somehow forgot Lesnar, sod Rollins it'll be Lesnar v Owens.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 3 Nov - 16:43

Marky wrote:Will the New Day be counted individually or as a single entity?

As of right now I have them grouped as 1 entry, along with other teams who I don't feel have any outstanding singles work that would be done a disservice by grouping them i.e. No one would have any significant case for Jimmy Uso over Jey based on singles work, whereas Jay Briscoe has had a long ROH World Title reign that sets him well apart from Mark although they frequently team together

I was going to put the New Day in particular to a vote tomorrow as I feel they are a more interesting case than your bog standard tag team, but I'm not sure the single merits of any one performer out weigh the collective, what do you think?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 3 Nov - 16:45

As of right now I have them grouped as 1 entry, along with other teams who I don't feel have any outstanding singles work that would be done a disservice by grouping them i.e. No one would have any significant case for Jimmy Uso over Jey based on singles work, whereas Jay Briscoe has had a long ROH World Title reign that sets him well apart from Mark although they frequently team together

I was going to put the New Day in particular to a vote tomorrow as I feel they are a more interesting case than your bog standard tag team, but I'm not sure the single merits of any one performer out weigh the collective, what do you think?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 3 Nov - 16:47

Hero wrote:Will it be 'active' wrestlers only?

And I somehow forgot Lesnar, sod Rollins it'll be Lesnar v Owens.

I'm going to include most major names who have wrestled semi frequently over the past wee while, like Bryan, Jericho, Taker etc, but given the time limit on the event, which at the moment I'm looking at 12-18 months tops, it'll be up to people to consider if they've done enough in that time to merit a vote

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 3 Nov - 16:55

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:

I think in this instance they should be as one entity as they are one entity that are performing this year, it's their chemistry that makes them work so well, individually nobody's going to vote Kofi Kingston anywhere.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 3 Nov - 19:22

It all depends on what criteria you judge as more important. Kofi has been the best in ring, Xavier has been a comedy powerhouse on the mic and ringside, and Big E is the most improved. I think freebird rules should apply and they get grouped together.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down