The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dec 12th PPV

+13
catchweight
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
Valero's Conscience
Herman Jaeger
Rodney
Hammersmith harrier
milkyboy
BoxingFan88
jimdig
Dipper Brown
neilodonnell
mobilemaster8
17 posters

Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Dec 12th PPV

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 7:38 am

So hearn has come out and stated that the 12th of December show will be on PPV.

Thoughts.

(I think it's outrageous)

mobilemaster8

Posts : 4302
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 37
Location : Stoke on Trent

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by neilodonnell Tue 10 Nov 2015, 7:51 am

Who else is on the bill?

neilodonnell

Posts : 135
Join date : 2011-03-16
Age : 42
Location : Preston, Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 10 Nov 2015, 7:54 am

Then I shall be watching it a week later on catch up. Wouldn't pay to watch Josh finish a guy within a couple of rounds.

Dipper Brown

Posts : 1315
Join date : 2014-04-05

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by jimdig Tue 10 Nov 2015, 8:08 am

TBA is fighting Luke Campbell, then getting back in the ring to fight Kevin Mitchell. I'd pay double to watch that sh1t in HD in real time.

Fury, Ppv end of December, AJ December (signifying he is now a Ppv star), frampton v quigg Feb. He may as well put a Ppv card in for January at this rate.

Quigg v frampton I'd pay for, fury I'll watch in the pub, I'll watch the AJ 3 rounder on you tube the next day.

jimdig

Posts : 1528
Join date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 8:34 am

They seriously made second PPV within 2 weeks just before Christmas????

Wow....

If they have any shred of decency they will pair it with the Fury one

I'll skip it thanks, when you have fringe world title fights and a domestic fight on PPV you can forget it.

Remind me what you get for £30 a month on sky sports again

I'll be enjoying
Bradley vs Rios,
Povetkin vs Wach
Canelo vs Cotto,
Jacobs vs Quillin
Lee vs Saunders

all for the same price

When you put it that way you see how ridiculous it is, starting to care less and less about the British scene, anything on Sky is a pile of garbage and anything remotely good gets shoved on PPV

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 8:57 am

Well said matey couldn't agree more. I too am a subscriber to the previously known doomed Boxnation.....and if value for money did a TV channel....well.

Tenner a month and you get the list above?? Pay £15.95 FOR ONE SHOW and get utter garbage.

Fair enough Quigg vs Frampton....don't mind paying for that. I'll grit and bare it. But anything else is a joke.

mobilemaster8

Posts : 4302
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 37
Location : Stoke on Trent

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by milkyboy Tue 10 Nov 2015, 10:44 am

You buyers of Bellew cleverly were warned.

You'll be paying ppv to watch Eddie sell punets of strawberries soon

milkyboy

Posts : 7761
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:28 am

I'm getting box nation for the Cotto Canelo fight, is there a minimum amount of time I can subscribe to box nation for?

Dipper Brown

Posts : 1315
Join date : 2014-04-05

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:29 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:They seriously made second PPV within 2 weeks just before Christmas????

Remind me what you get for £30 a month on sky sports again

I'll be enjoying
Bradley vs Rios,
Povetkin vs Wach
Canelo vs Cotto,
Jacobs vs Quillin
Lee vs Saunders

all for the same price

When you put it that way you see how ridiculous it is, starting to care less and less about the British scene, anything on Sky is a pile of garbage and anything remotely good gets shoved on PPV

It is ridiculous but only Canelo vs Cotto is worth staying up for and by extension the only one worth paying for, the average man in the street also won't care but will/may have bought into the hype of an English Heavyweight knocking everyone out. As boxing 'fans' we know he's been in against no one of note but as long as they see the proverbial blood then Joe public doesn't care about and why should they.

Bellew against Masternak and Eubank against O'Sullivan should be decent scraps too, just have to hope Mitchell and Campbell are fighting guys with a pulse.

For that £30 I get Football, Cricket, Rugby League, Darts, Formula 1 and a host of other sports, anyone expecting extensive boxing coverage is a little bit silly. I would rather this card was not on PPV but i'm far more willing to pay for this than I am Boxnation.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by Rodney Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:42 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:They seriously made second PPV within 2 weeks just before Christmas????

Remind me what you get for £30 a month on sky sports again

I'll be enjoying
Bradley vs Rios,
Povetkin vs Wach
Canelo vs Cotto,
Jacobs vs Quillin
Lee vs Saunders

all for the same price

When you put it that way you see how ridiculous it is, starting to care less and less about the British scene, anything on Sky is a pile of garbage and anything remotely good gets shoved on PPV

It is ridiculous but only Canelo vs Cotto is worth staying up for and by extension the only one worth paying for, the average man in the street also won't care but will/may have bought into the hype of an English Heavyweight knocking everyone out. As boxing 'fans' we know he's been in against no one of note but as long as they see the proverbial blood then Joe public doesn't care about and why should they.

Bellew against Masternak and Eubank against O'Sullivan should be decent scraps too, just have to hope Mitchell and Campbell are fighting guys with a pulse.

For that £30 I get Football, Cricket, Rugby League, Darts, Formula 1 and a host of other sports, anyone expecting extensive boxing coverage is a little bit silly. I would rather this card was not on PPV but i'm far more willing to pay for this than I am Boxnation.


Odd just very odd. Each to their own I guess. Sad day when Domestic scraps are PPV

Cheers. Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 45
Location : Thirsk

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:46 am

Surely you've got to love boxing to pay £12 a month, every month to watch it. If you like other sports that's an additional £12 on top of your sky bill.

I don't think I'm a big enough fan to justify it, whereas I'll watch any game of football that's on tv.

Dipper Brown

Posts : 1315
Join date : 2014-04-05

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by Rodney Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:49 am

Dipper Brown wrote:Surely you've got to love boxing to pay £12 a month, every month to watch it. If you like other sports that's an additional £12 on top of your sky bill.

I don't think I'm a big enough fan to justify it, whereas I'll watch any game of football that's on tv.

I agree I have both but would happily cancel Sky Sports once the boxing has completely filtered out. Football is finished to me - horrible money grabbing individuals from top to bottom in the game.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 45
Location : Thirsk

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:51 am

I prefer watching domestic scraps Rodney to staying up all night to watch the likes of Quillin or GGG; I did it for Matthysse, Alvarez and a couple of others but the rest I would not.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:52 am

Boxnation much better value for boxing than Sky. Don't mind paying for Fury, he's entertained me enough over the years on YouTube. Just have to catch up on YouTube the Whyte fight, was looking forward to it but won't be buying on principle, a domestic on ppv no thanks, what a nob Eddie is for doing this, really starting to push his luck. Quigg v Frampton I'll pay for reluctantly even though it's not the number one and two in the division going at it. Be a good fight though.

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 3523
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:52 am

milkyboy wrote:You buyers of Bellew cleverly were warned.

You'll be paying ppv to watch Eddie sell punets of strawberries soon

Yep and I wholeheartedly hold my hand up, but I'll be out on the 12th December anyway so I won't be in to watch it regardless

I would pay for Quigg vs Frampton if the under card is good, a domestic Heavyweight fight? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:53 am

Dipper Brown wrote:I'm getting box nation for the Cotto Canelo fight, is there a minimum amount of time I can subscribe to box nation for?

A month I believe, you may be able to pay a one off fee, but that will be expensive. You will have to pay the sign on fee, but they may have an offer on so keep your eyes peeled for it on their facebook page

If you sign up may as well take Nov and December, 20 quid, same price as a domestic HW PPV

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by Rodney Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:55 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I prefer watching domestic scraps Rodney to staying up all night to watch the likes of Quillin or GGG; I did it for Matthysse, Alvarez and a couple of others but the rest I would not.

I wouldn't stay up for any not nowadays. However I'd watch GGG any day over the dross Hearn is feeding us. That card on PPV look at the odds for the fights announced - not one remotely close to 50/50 its absolutely scandalous. I hope Sky fail badly their greed is unbelievable - 2 PPVs within 2 weeks just before XMAS ??

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 45
Location : Thirsk

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:55 am

Rodney wrote:
Dipper Brown wrote:Surely you've got to love boxing to pay £12 a month, every month to watch it. If you like other sports that's an additional £12 on top of your sky bill.

I don't think I'm a big enough fan to justify it, whereas I'll watch any game of football that's on tv.

I agree I have both but would happily cancel Sky Sports once the boxing has completely filtered out. Football is finished to me - horrible money grabbing individuals from top to bottom in the game.

Cheers, Rodders

I gave up on Sky Sports, you get the minimum amount of games, the Premier League has gone so badly down hill

I watch German football now, on BT and they actually show all the games so you can follow it properly, Sky have an overpriced and over rated product

Champions League is on BT

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:56 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I prefer watching domestic scraps Rodney to staying up all night to watch the likes of Quillin or GGG; I did it for Matthysse, Alvarez and a couple of others but the rest I would not.

Just record it, I don't stay up I record it and watch it in the morning, its the same if you don't know the result

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:57 am

I may as well just watch it for free online like I do, a bit pointless paying to record something someone else will and upload.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 10 Nov 2015, 12:18 pm

Terrible PPV. There may be some names but if they are fighting cans, there is no value.

Boxnation is definitely the way to go.

Valero's Conscience

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 38
Location : Kent/London

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Nov 2015, 12:27 pm

At the risk of being accused of being on Hearn's payroll here (again) should probably point something out that most seem to have overlooked, or failed to comprehend. Whatever he says to the contrary Hearn will be under a certain degree of pressure to deliver a certain number of PPV's a year from Sky. Am pretty sure in an ideal world he would have liked to have been able to have made Frampton Quigg, and Khan Brook add in Mayweather Floyd which was always going to be PPV and was it not for Wlad getting injured, Fury Wlad supported by a UK supporting card and you have four PPV's most on here would agree fit the bill.

Not sure we can really blame Hearn for fighters failing to agree to fights or fighters getting injured. As fans am sure if he could not make PPV worth fights we'd rather not have PPV's but the idea that Sky do not exert any pressure in that respect seems naïve at best.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 51
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 3:00 pm

Rowley wrote:At the risk of being accused of being on Hearn's payroll here (again) should probably point something out that most seem to have overlooked, or failed to comprehend. Whatever he says to the contrary Hearn will be under a certain degree of pressure to deliver a certain number of PPV's a year from Sky. Am pretty sure in an ideal world he would have liked to have been able to have made Frampton Quigg, and Khan Brook  add in Mayweather Floyd which was always going to be PPV and was it not for Wlad getting injured, Fury Wlad supported by a UK supporting card and you have four PPV's most on here would agree fit the bill.

Not sure we can really blame Hearn for fighters failing to agree to fights or fighters getting injured. As fans am sure if he could not make PPV worth fights we'd rather not have PPV's but the idea that Sky do not exert any pressure in that respect seems naïve at best.

Fair play, that may be the case, regardless of whether it is Sky or Hearn the point still stands

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 3:18 pm

Not mouthwatering is it ??

Brook against third disappointing opponent in a row... and the ordinary Whyte looks like dead man walking....

Think I'll give it a miss..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by catchweight Tue 10 Nov 2015, 4:16 pm

The biggest benefactor of ppv is the promoter of the event. Sky arent pressuring matchroom into delivering multiple ppvs a year. Matchroom are trying to flog every ppv they can because it makes them more money. Sky actually pulled the plug on ppv boxing a few years back (and considered scrapping boxing completely) because it wasnt worth their while.

catchweight

Posts : 4326
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 6:29 pm

Is brook on the card?

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 8:06 pm

My mistake..

Even less reason to buy it...

PPV joke

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by Lance Tue 10 Nov 2015, 8:13 pm

I think catchweight is right. From my understanding Hearn is able to use the Sky platform to earn money from PPV shows. In exchange he puts on regular smaller shows for Sky to show exclusively.

Lance

Posts : 1712
Join date : 2011-10-29

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 8:20 pm

Wonder is brook will be on pov next year against his IBF mandatory who won last weekend to get the mandatory shot. None other then Kevin Bizear(who jo jo dan beat twice) how mouthwatering...

wheelchair1991

Posts : 2129
Join date : 2011-07-03
Age : 32
Location : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 8:49 pm

He would of gone the distance with so and so though Wheelie.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 8:52 pm

Love for you to do a prediction and analysis of what is a good result for Labour in Oldham west on my roundup thread in the O/T section..wheels.

You're the expert on all things Labour...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by 3fingers Tue 10 Nov 2015, 9:15 pm

Joke of a PPV, and I'll be telling as many people as possible, whether they are boxing fans or not, the reasons why so, in attempt to influence them not to buy it.

3fingers

Posts : 1482
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by 3fingers Tue 10 Nov 2015, 9:18 pm

Actually I'm just about to do that now on social media. Then I'll ask my friends to do the same. I suggest everyone else does the same.

3fingers

Posts : 1482
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by AZZJ44 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 10:38 pm

Sky have to share the blame here. They see the card and no one can say they don't have a choice in if it's ppv or not as it's obvious they hold all the cards. They could easily say we'll not fleece the public just before Xmas and we'll stick this fight on normal sky. Build AJ up a little more before taking the viewers for a ride.

AJ hasn't even been in a competitive fight yet. With Frampton Quigg around the corner they could, and should have called a loss on this year and put it on without charging extra. I say a loss but they must have made a killing on the may Pac fight. All down to greed.

Eddie got his work cut out here. I don't mind Eddie so I'll lay all the blame on Adam Smith. Smarmy little lech that he is

AZZJ44

Posts : 158
Join date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 10:41 pm

I think people should make up their own minds....Fingy

Fact is its just 18 slaps and heavyweights always sell...

Whilst your effort will be in vain I admire your passion..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by jimdig Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:23 pm

Cleverly v Bellew opened the flood gates. Sky seemed to drop Ppv on bad publicity, I.e backlash from the Haye farces, not on losing money. Bring back Haye. He could be the saviour of boxing by breaking the Ppv model for good.

jimdig

Posts : 1528
Join date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by milkyboy Wed 11 Nov 2015, 12:08 am

Where fingers comes from, social media is sharing your copy of the Mirror with your marra's down the pub. If something goes viral on social media, it means someone didn't wash their hands before reading it.

milkyboy

Posts : 7761
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 11 Nov 2015, 7:25 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Love for you to do a prediction and analysis of what is a good result for Labour in Oldham west on my roundup thread in the O/T section..wheels.

You're the expert on all things Labour...

I'm not sure about that mate

wheelchair1991

Posts : 2129
Join date : 2011-07-03
Age : 32
Location : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th PPV Empty Re: Dec 12th PPV

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum