The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Smackdown Spoilers - Includes updated brackets of Tourney

+2
Marky
Fernando
6 posters

Go down

WWE Smackdown Spoilers - Includes updated brackets of Tourney Empty WWE Smackdown Spoilers - Includes updated brackets of Tourney

Post by Fernando Tue 10 Nov 2015, 10:57 pm

Dark match: Finn Balor defeated Viktor of The Ascension.

* The Wyatt Family kicks off the show with an in-ring promo. Bray challenges Kane and The Undertaker to face two of the Wyatt Family members at Survivor Series. Fandango interrupts. Fandango vs. Braun Stroman and Erick Rowan & Luke Harper vs. The Usos is announced.

* Braun Strowman defeated Fandango. After the match Bray demands an answer to his challenge by the end of the night.

* Backstage: The Usos cut promo on The Wyatt Family.

* Tournament match: Neville defeated King Barrett.

* During a commercial break, King Barrett cuts a promo on Wayne Rooney. The Undertaker interrupts. Barrett asks Undertaker, "Can I help you mat?" Barrett threatens a Bullhammer but chickens out. Undertaker beats him down and hits him with a Chokeslam and a Tombstone piledriver. Taker then leaves.

* Tournament match: Kalisto defeated Ryback.

* Tournament match: Alberto Del Rio defeated Stardust.

* Roman Reigns cuts a promo. He mentions that he's not a sellout.

* The Usos defeated Luke Harper and Erick Rowan by DQ when Braun Strowman and Bray Wyatt interfered. The Wyatt Family then beat down The Usos. The Undertaker's bells toll and his voice can be heard accepting Wyatt's challenge.

--------

Left side of the draw

Roman Reigns vs. Cesaro
Alberto Del Rio vs. Kalisto

Right Side

Kevin Owens vs. Neville
Dolph Ziggler vs. Dean Ambrose

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

WWE Smackdown Spoilers - Includes updated brackets of Tourney Empty Re: WWE Smackdown Spoilers - Includes updated brackets of Tourney

Post by Marky Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:22 pm

2 v 2 doesn't seem right. 4 on 2 would have been better, then it means Kane and Taker wouldn't look weak losing. Now I just think it'll be Harper and Rowan getting beaten up and the feud continuing.

Marky

Back to top Go down

WWE Smackdown Spoilers - Includes updated brackets of Tourney Empty Re: WWE Smackdown Spoilers - Includes updated brackets of Tourney

Post by GSC Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:32 pm

I cant imagine it'll be a clean finish
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 11 Nov 2015, 12:56 am

Kalisto defeated Ryback?

I presume this must have had interference?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 11 Nov 2015, 1:55 am

I cant see past Taker winning so 4-2 would have completely buried the Wyatt's...it should be 4 on 4, Taker is an absolute Legend and it could have been an easy way to get someone like Sting to offer his services to help even up the numbers and they could've done that with someone else too...2 on 2 feels cheap but if its a straight up Tag Match then at least they could go over Kane for the win but it still feels like the wrong course, that being said maybe with all the changes taking place with the WWE Title and such little time to work with it could just be a timing issue.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 11 Nov 2015, 8:12 am

Hero wrote:Kalisto defeated Ryback?

I presume this must have had interference?

I've seen absolutely no mention of interference in any of the spoiler reports so far.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 11 Nov 2015, 9:43 am

Who's Ryback peed off now backstage then?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 11 Nov 2015, 11:14 am

Well with MexAmerica seemingly starting up wouldn't be surprised to see Lucha Dragons become a part of it. Plus WWE Always like to create masked people for Merch.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 11 Nov 2015, 11:24 am

I'm guessing they just wanted Kalisto to have a lucha style Match with Del Rio on the PPV, Del Rio is going to lose later in the tournament anyway so if they're serious about pushing him then they might want him to win a match that leaves a lasting impression on the show, I doubt this is any kind of real push for Kalisto.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 11 Nov 2015, 2:20 pm

I think that Kalisto could absolutely kill it on Smackdown (were that a relevant program). One of the things about WWE is that they really seem to come down hard on wrestlers who botch. And the problem with the lucha style is that from time to time you are going to botch. There's no way you can't try some of the moves those guys do and from time to time you are going to miss your footing.

Smackdown would give him that protection of a recorded show, where editing can be used to cover up any small botches, or they can even re-run the move.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 11 Nov 2015, 2:40 pm

I do actually like Kalisto, it's just odd booking to have him go over a guy that until recently was Intercontinental Champion and is a face when he's just half of a tag team currently.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 11 Nov 2015, 2:44 pm

Hero wrote:I do actually like Kalisto, it's just odd booking to have him go over a guy that until recently was Intercontinental Champion and is a face when he's just half of a tag team currently.

Oh, I'd missed that completely. Yes it is. WWE booking is just odd though.

You should approach this tournament and kay fabe think 4-8 of the 16 wrestlers could win. I mean, WWE has a lot of talent, they should easily have a number of wrestlers who you believe that on short notice could take that step up. Hell, I'd guess they've probably 8 former champions on the cards.

The fact that very few people would see beyond 1 winner, without the winner being at least a bit of a swerve, I think is an indictment of their booking and development of talent. And Ryback should be one of those names where you are saying "yes he could win". But its not even a surprise that he's gone out at the first step, just who he's lost too. Or, at least, that's the way I see it.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 11 Nov 2015, 3:35 pm

Think we need to see how the match goes before judging.

If Kalisto won clean, hitting his finisher then it's worth questioning. But we could watch it and see Kalisto shocked Ryback with a roll-up or something.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 11 Nov 2015, 3:54 pm

if believe twitter Kalisto went over clean others saying he apparently reversed a superplex into a pin.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 11 Nov 2015, 4:21 pm

This all stems back to WWE's tour of Mexico, doestn't it? The reports I heard was that the promoter was struggling to sell tickets because there was no Mexican star, and hence Undertaker worked the show (not because he looks a bit Mexican, but because he's a big name).

So, since then WWE has been on this kick of bringing back Del Rio and now may be giving Kalisto a mini-push so that they have some brand recognition to this market.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down