The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 WWC 1st Round Group L

+3
Samo
Prometheus
Dr Gregory House MD
7 posters

Go down

Please vote for the 2 wrestlers you believe have generated the best work over the past 12-18 months

V2 WWC 1st Round Group L Vote_lcap47%V2 WWC 1st Round Group L Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 20 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group L Vote_lcap12%V2 WWC 1st Round Group L Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group L Vote_lcap7%V2 WWC 1st Round Group L Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group L Vote_lcap12%V2 WWC 1st Round Group L Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group L Vote_lcap5%V2 WWC 1st Round Group L Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group L Vote_lcap0%V2 WWC 1st Round Group L Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group L Vote_lcap19%V2 WWC 1st Round Group L Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 43

Poll closed

V2 WWC 1st Round Group L Empty V2 WWC 1st Round Group L

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 17 Nov 2015, 12:35 am

The V2 WWC continues and I can't think of anything interesting to say

Please vote for the wrestler you believe has generated the best work in the past 12-18 months

Remember each person is allowed 2 votes per group in the first round

Please leave a comment as to who you have voted for and why to help facilitate discussion

The group will be closed at 23.00 tonight and no votes will be counted past that point

The top 2 will progress in to round 2

Happy WWC-ing  thumbsup

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

V2 WWC 1st Round Group L Empty Re: V2 WWC 1st Round Group L

Post by Prometheus Tue 17 Nov 2015, 9:53 am

Itami. His start in NXT was so disappointing that I dug out some of his Japan matches to see what the fuss was about. And then he had that match against Breeze (I think) at one of the Takeovers and he started to snap his kicks and look like the guy I'd see on YouTube. Unfortunately then he got injured and has been out too long for me to vote for him.

Mark Henry, well what can I say. He should still be up there as a force who can be a gateway to belts. But he's just a jobber.

Matt I like, but I'm going to have to pass on.

The board will not like me for this, but from what I've seen of Grado, I don't get. I just cancelled my WWE Network and signed up for ICW so this might change, but not in time for this voting.

Matt is one of the few watchable things on TNA, but not that watchable that he gets my vote.

And so I'm left with Brock, Angelico & Ricochet. Here's how I see it:
- Ricochet has just this phenomenal move set and charisma that his Prince Puma work looks poor in comparison. And that is odd, because put anyone else in the Puma mask and I'd probably be voting for them off the bat. So, its a crazy criticism, but one that is in my mind.
- Brock is just a presence, but again crazy criticism, has he worked enough?
- Angelico. Oh man his intro to LU was so bad, that misogynisitc stuff, and the turn around from that to supporting him is maybe one of the best pieces of wrestling writing this year. But, is he more than a huge spot monkey?

The only way I can decide this is, if these 3 were appearing here today and I could only see two I absolutely know I'd be watching Brock and Ricochet. Which is very unlucky for Angelico to be caught in this group.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 17 Nov 2015, 9:58 am

Grado's not the greatest in the ring, but he is a natural, perfect babyface and his journey from fan to champion of ICW has been brilliant. Good on the mic, doesnt stop working, can hold a crowd in the palm of his hand, and Im a mark.

Brock is a no brainer. Match of the Year candidate at the Royal Rumble, awesome match with Reigns at Mania and two amazing matches with Undertaker. Quality over quantity.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 17 Nov 2015, 10:32 am

Went with Brock as the easiest vote so far, and Grado who I find entertaining but partly because I didn't see (or haven't seen in some cases) anyone else in this group who can rival Grado for entertainment.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 17 Nov 2015, 4:35 pm

Went for Brock, very easy choice, he's easily the most entertaining thing in WWE and one of the things that does get me watching. Then for Matt Hardy, of those that I've seen a bit of, he's done the most entertaining stuff.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 17 Nov 2015, 6:26 pm

Went for Lesnar and Grado

Lesnar because how can you not?

And Grado, well realistically it should probably be Ricochet but I'm not a fan of the Prince Puma run and 2 nights ago Grado was responsible for what I consider to be my greatest night/moment of my wrestling life, so screw it I'm voting for the big man

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 17 Nov 2015, 6:27 pm

Ps Grado also does huricanranas now so Ricochet is now obsolete

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 17 Nov 2015, 6:29 pm

Lesnar is the most interesting wrestler on the planet. I don't care about anyone else on this list, really, so will go Grado as he entertains me in snippets, although I also think he's getting by on ICW thinking they're clever.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 17 Nov 2015, 6:41 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Lesnar is the most interesting wrestler on the planet. I don't care about anyone else on this list, really, so will go Grado as he entertains me in snippets, although I also think he's getting by on ICW thinking they're clever.

I would say after selling out a 4000+ arena and the biggest British Wrestling event since Haystacks vs Big Daddy 34 years ago they're allowed to.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 17 Nov 2015, 7:25 pm

Samo wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Lesnar is the most interesting wrestler on the planet. I don't care about anyone else on this list, really, so will go Grado as he entertains me in snippets, although I also think he's getting by on ICW thinking they're clever.

I would say after selling out a 4000+ arena and the biggest British Wrestling event since Haystacks vs Big Daddy 34 years ago they're allowed to.

Is it true they've booked an arena 3x size for next year?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 17 Nov 2015, 7:40 pm

Samo wrote:

Claws away, Samo, I meant the fans rather than the company, who have done exceptionally well for themselves (although I think the game is a bit funny). But I don't think he's that good at much, I think he is a cult hero who ICW fans back to the hilt. I like the guy and I love how his career in and out of wrestling is going for him, but I can't say I'd want to watch him regularly.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 17 Nov 2015, 8:27 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Samo wrote:

Is it true they've booked an arena 3x size for next year?

Yeh they've booked the 12,000 SSE Hydro which is the new venue that opened last year for the commonwelth games

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 17 Nov 2015, 11:08 pm

Voting is closed for today

It's success for the BRAWK LESSNAR! As the beast adds a first place win to his list of achievements with 17 votes, in 2nd place It's Yersel! As Grado's week of glory continues, the new ICW champion progresses with 8 votes

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 17 Nov 2015, 11:20 pm

I absolutely detest every single bit of Grado, cringe worthy bastad

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 17 Nov 2015, 11:29 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:I absolutely detest every single bit of Grado, cringe worthy bastad

You're dead to me

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 18 Nov 2015, 2:48 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Kay Fabe wrote:I absolutely detest every single bit of Grado, cringe worthy bastad

You're dead to me
Honestly man, his face, hos stupid accent, how slang he is, anytime I see him on TV in any capacity I need to turn it over

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down