The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 WWC 1st Round Group P

5 posters

Go down

Please vote for the 2 wrestlers you believe have generated the best work over the past 12-18 months

V2 WWC 1st Round Group P Vote_lcap23%V2 WWC 1st Round Group P Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 9 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group P Vote_lcap20%V2 WWC 1st Round Group P Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 8 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group P Vote_lcap13%V2 WWC 1st Round Group P Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 5 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group P Vote_lcap10%V2 WWC 1st Round Group P Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group P Vote_lcap20%V2 WWC 1st Round Group P Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 8 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group P Vote_lcap3%V2 WWC 1st Round Group P Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group P Vote_lcap13%V2 WWC 1st Round Group P Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 40

Poll closed

V2 WWC 1st Round Group P Empty V2 WWC 1st Round Group P

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:13 am

The 1st Round concludes with the final group, the Dutch may be out of Euro 2016 (all the cool teams are!) but they are represented here, can End fair better than his footballing counterparts

Please vote for the wrestler you believe has generated the best work in the past 12-18 months

Remember each person is allowed 2 votes per group in the first round

Please leave a comment as to who you have voted for and why to help facilitate discussion

The group will be closed at 23.00 tonight and no votes will be counted past that point

The top 2 will progress in to round 2

Happy WWC-ing  thumbsup

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

V2 WWC 1st Round Group P Empty Re: V2 WWC 1st Round Group P

Post by The_Enigma Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:18 pm

I'm sorry but if Jay Lethal doesn't advance from this group then there is seriously something wrong here! Ok, I understand that some of you may not watch ROH so I will outline what I would describe as easily his best work of his career inside the last 18 months. After turning Heel in April 2014, Jay Lethal transformed his character from somebody who you would consider as a nearly guy, to somebody you should sit-up and notice and his current ROH World Title reign is fully justified. Nearly 6 months into his reign, Jay Lethal also held the ROH Television Title simultaneously until last month for a record 567 days.

Pentagon JR is a close second choice. If you haven't, I would seriously encourage that you check out his Lucha Underground stuff on Youtube, in particular his match against Vampiro which I would easily consider as a Top 10 Match of the year. Originally positioned as a mid-card heel, Pentagon's in-ring work and storytelling easily put himself over as the promotion's top heel. I expect big things in Season 2 for this guy!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:22 pm

Memorable WWE moments from 2015. Well, that Mania attempted stomp into RKO would be up there. And Orton can deliver in main events, but too often he just comes over as going through the motions because he can.

Jay Lethal, I have to again point at my pile of unwatched ROH stuff and make my excuses.

Sheamus. He's an Irishman who just likes to fight. He's a bruiser who likes to bully smaller people. He's got a MITB briefcase. There's never any character development with him and that makes him hard to invest in, even with that briefcase, he just feels there.

James Storm, I'm just not that over on.

Pentagon Jr. I can't think of a wrestler who has more presence in the ring and is as over as him right now. I will admit some are on the same level, but I don't think that anyone is more over. And he's not really had that many 4*+ matches. You can find a lot of crazy, crazy stuff on YouTube, but it is mostly just his look and attitude, but man does he have that down to a degree that SCSA or any of the other greats had. LU is going to put a rocket under him in Series 2 and I'm really, really excited to see how far he can go when booked at the top end of their card. Vote #1

Tommy End and Trevor Lee. Okay Trevor Lee is 22. And I have to remind myself of that because he looks like he's been around forever. I've really enjoyed his PWG work I've seen this year, he hits hard, I like him. Tommy "EFFING" End. He hits like a train wreck. I mean those knee strikes look so crisp, so perfect that I just can't believe the precision he must be working at to make them look so violent and legit not knock every opponent out. If I've a criticism it might be that he stays in the one style just too much, but I am a long, long way from being bored of it. His match against Hero is one of the most bruising, but absolutely unmissable matches of the year for me. And we've not even mentioned the Sumerian Death Squad yet. #2 to Tommy End.

Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:25 pm

The_Enigma wrote:I'm sorry but if Jay Lethal doesn't advance from this group then there is seriously something wrong here! Ok, I understand that some of you may not watch ROH so I will outline what I would describe as easily his best work of his career inside the last 18 months. After turning Heel in April 2014, Jay Lethal transformed his character from somebody who you would consider as a nearly guy, to somebody you should sit-up and notice and his current ROH World Title reign is fully justified. Nearly 6 months into his reign, Jay Lethal also held the ROH Television Title simultaneously until last month for a record 567 days.
Too late, I just voted. And I felt bad about it. But, I do have to say that I'm all in and then some with Pentagon Jr and I've been really impressed by Tommy End this year. So, I don't know cos I've not watched ROH, but there is a chance that Jay Lethal still may not have been a shoe-in for me. If he gets through I'll certainly try to watch some more of his stuff to have a proper vote next round.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:04 am

Very close going into the last 2 hours, with the top 4 separated by 4 votes!

I voted for Pentagon Jr & Tommy End btw, They may be the 2 'coolest' wrestlers in the world today, and End's match output in particular has been incredible he's taking the US indys by storm

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:14 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Very close going into the last 2 hours, with the top 4 separated by 4 votes!

I voted for Pentagon Jr & Tommy End btw, They may be the 2 'coolest' wrestlers in the world today, and End's match output in particular has been incredible he's taking the US indys by storm

Did you leave yourself time to vote yesterday House?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:18 am

Met Tommy and Dante after Fear and Loathing. Sound guy and he had a hell of a cage match aswell, thats why I voted for him.

Second went for Jay Lethal who's been an absolute work horse in ROH recently.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:53 am

Went sheamus who has had a very solid year including the mitb win. And Jay lethal. Despite not watching roh on aware how awesome his year has been

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:01 am

This group is tighter than a nuns vijayjay

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:04 am

Prometheus wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Very close going into the last 2 hours, with the top 4 separated by 4 votes!

Did you leave yourself time to vote yesterday House?

Yeh I voted Cena/Roddy & Bucks/Reigns respectively I think

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:00 am

Voting is closed

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:20 am

As we draw a close to the 1st Round of the V2 WWC we were treated to what was undoubtedly the closest group so far

In a 3 way tie for first place we have Randy Orton, Jay Lethal and Pentagon Jr, all 3 will progress to the next round

The V2 WWC resumes on Monday with Groups A & B of the 2nd Round!!!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down