The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr Calzaghe Fighter Champion Legand - Do me a favor

+14
Dipper Brown
milkyboy
AdamT
aja424
Nico the gman
jimdig
superflyweight
Rowley
huw
Scottrf
Lance
Adam D
Herman Jaeger
ONETWOFOREVER
18 posters

Go down

Mr Calzaghe Fighter Champion Legand - Do me a favor  Empty Mr Calzaghe Fighter Champion Legand - Do me a favor

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 19 Nov - 19:04

So Joe Calzaghe has a movie about his life on the big screen.

A fighter with a dubious record save a couple fights and an over inflated ego.

Is anyone excited about it? I will wait till Mr Chong in my local has it in his Sainsburys plastic bag.

Mr Chong Unemployed...DVD...Legand

Last edited by ONETWOFOREVER on Thu 19 Nov - 20:05; edited 1 time in total

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Mr Calzaghe Fighter Champion Legand - Do me a favor  Empty Re: Mr Calzaghe Fighter Champion Legand - Do me a favor

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 19 Nov - 19:30

Write a thread just to attack Calzaghe?

Got a bit a bit of an obsession about him, haven't you?

Pathetic...

The phrase 'get a life' springs to mind.

He's possibly our best ever super- middleweight, so why can't you just draw a line under it like the rest of us and move on.

Last edited by Herman Jaeger on Thu 19 Nov - 20:09; edited 2 times in total

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Mr Calzaghe Fighter Champion Legand - Do me a favor  Empty Re: Mr Calzaghe Fighter Champion Legand - Do me a favor

Post by Adam D Thu 19 Nov - 19:33

Leg and...what?

Leg and foot?

Leg and breast man?

ONETWOFOREVER is a Belland

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 19 Nov - 20:06

Adam D wrote:Leg and...what?

Leg and foot?

Leg and breast man?

Don't follow you.

???????

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 19 Nov - 20:12

Leg and buttman.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Nov - 20:55

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Adam D wrote:Leg and...what?

Leg and foot?

Leg and breast man?

Don't follow you.

???????
Maybe you'd understand if we referred to you as an ar$ehale or a silly cont

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Nov - 21:19

With all due respect to Calzaghe does his life really warrant a film? I can't say I'm excited about this and will not be watching.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 19 Nov - 21:42

What happens to being less immature Adam?

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 19 Nov - 22:38

Lance wrote:What happens to being less immature Adam?

Different Adam.

I am the almighty powerful one. The more mature one is AdamT

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 19 Nov - 22:51

Hopefully based on his enthralling and beautifully crafted book!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 19 Nov - 23:31

I'll watch it.

If not I'm no longer allowed to call myself Welsh and regardless of how bad it'll be watching it will be far less painful than being thought of as English.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Nov - 23:36

Ring Magazine Champion in two divisions, undisputed Supermiddleweight champion of the world. First ballot hall of famer, almost certainly top five ever from the UK and undefeated as a professional. Can't say I'll be beating a path to my local multiplex to watch it but his credentials as the subject of documentary are not that shabby.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 19 Nov - 23:43

Rowley wrote:Ring Magazine Champion in two divisions, undisputed Supermiddleweight champion of the world. First ballot hall of famer, almost certainly top five ever from the UK and undefeated as a professional. Can't say I'll be beating a path to my local multiplex to watch it but his credentials as the subject of documentary are not that shabby.

Yep - no disputing that Calzaghe's a legand. Any other boxing legands that merit a film being made of their life? Lots of options out there, boxing's full of legands.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 19 Nov - 23:54

Rowley wrote:Ring Magazine Champion in two divisions, undisputed Supermiddleweight champion of the world. First ballot hall of famer, almost certainly top five ever from the UK and undefeated as a professional. Can't say I'll be beating a path to my local multiplex to watch it but his credentials as the subject of documentary are not that shabby.
And more importantly an utter bore.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 19 Nov - 23:59

superflyweight wrote:

Yep - no disputing that Calzaghe's a legand.  Any other boxing legands that merit a film being made of their life?  Lots of options out there, boxing's full of legands.    

Would love to see something on Liston. Such a strange life story with potential for so many aspects other than just the boxing.

Heard there was one getting made on Sam Langford, could be really interesting if it does.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 20 Nov - 0:06

I'd say that Liston and Langford are legends rather than legands, huw. I'm specifically asking about legands.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 20 Nov - 0:07

Oscar Pistorius is no legand (a murderer)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 20 Nov - 0:29

Who's playing the role of joe? I hope it's David Haye.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Nov - 0:54

Haye brings far too much charisma...as does Tony Bellew (a REAL actor). I'd suggest Steve Davis or Nigel Mansell. Legands in their own right, top of their respective games and undoubtedly as boring as the underside of a coffee table....perfect!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 20 Nov - 0:57

Only problem is most of these boxing films are highly exaggerated garbage, Calzaghe the boxer quality, Calzaghe the film not for me.

How about Carl Froch playing Calzaghe, same type of dynamic personalities.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 20 Nov - 0:59

Enzo Calzaghe, played by Barry Chuckle, me to you, you to me Joe.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Fri 20 Nov - 1:01

He will play his opponents, such as Tucker Pudwell?

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 20 Nov - 1:51

Adam D is the almighty Lance. Show some respect haha.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Nov - 2:02

Maybe ONETWO should ask Mr Chong if he has a copy of "Legend of the Spinning Backfist" instead

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 20 Nov - 2:55

huw wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Yep - no disputing that Calzaghe's a legand.  Any other boxing legands that merit a film being made of their life?  Lots of options out there, boxing's full of legands.    

Would love to see something on Liston. Such a strange life story with potential for so many aspects other than just the boxing.

Heard there was one getting made on Sam Langford, could be really interesting if it does.

rowley is salivating at the prospect of a sam langford movie.

He can go to his local arthouse cinema and stuff his face full of popcorn watching it without fear of annoying any other cinema goers - as there won't be any other cinema goers. He can then do a lengthy review of the film on here, which no-one will read.

Re calzaghe.... surely after reaching such literary heights with 'no ordinary joe' the book, the only way is down with 'Joe' the movie

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 20 Nov - 3:14

As a Welshman but more importantly a man with eyes and ears, I won't be bothering. Loved watching Joe box but a film about him? Don't see how they can pull that off. Luckily for Joe it doesn't take charisma to be a legand.

I enjoyed Maravilla though.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Nov - 4:05

Bonafide all time great for me and not just a Brit-great..

But not the most charismatic subject..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 20 Nov - 4:24

Great for British boxing, great for British Sport, undisputed SMW Champ, beat Hopkins in his own back yard (just) when he was half decent, not half dead and retired undefeated. Good career, and deserves a bit of praise for that.

He's clearly bored however as he's made this his recent "personal project". What he doesn't realise is that all but his die-hard fans are disinterested. He's been retired several years and doesn't have the charisma of the legends of the past. It seems an odd thing to do for me. If it's done in the style of a documentary, it might be ok, but seeing that the only other people featured in it according to IMDB are his Dad, a bunch of celebs and the occasional boxer or boxing-related people. And a couple of famous(ish) Welshmen.

It seems it will be very self-congratulatory. I wonder if Froch will feature???

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 20 Nov - 4:42

The middle part of the film between Eubank and Lacy is gonna be pretty tedious

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Nov - 4:45

He goes into a pet shop and meets a girl....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 20 Nov - 6:50

Did Carl Froch write this thread?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 Nov - 7:06

milkyboy wrote:
huw wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

rowley is salivating at the prospect of a sam langford movie.

He can go to his local arthouse cinema and stuff his face full of popcorn watching it without fear of annoying any other cinema goers - as there won't be any other cinema goers. He can then do a lengthy review of the film on here, which no-one will read.

Re calzaghe.... surely after reaching such  literary heights with 'no ordinary joe' the book, the only way is down with 'Joe' the movie

Funnily enough milky someone was talking about doing a screenplay based on Clay Moyle's Langford biography. Not sure if the project ever got off the ground or not.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 20 Nov - 8:07

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He goes into a pet shop and meets a girl....

maybe he goes into a pet shop and meets a pet shop boy. How about he goes into a pet shop and meets a pet. Maybe he goes into a pet shop and buys a rat called carl. How about he goes into a pet shop and buys the largest animal in there so he can do some heavy petting. How about he goes into a pet shop and says, 'sorry i don't have a pet, i'm in the wrong shop'. Maybe he goes into a pet shop and bores the shopkeeper silly talking endlessly about how it's not for him to say he's an all time great... and then pointing out why he thinks he is.

maybe I have too much time on my hands.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Nov - 8:19

"Time is but a stream I go fishing in..."

Maybe he goes into a pet shop and takes a silent beating..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 20 Nov - 8:28

he got his quiet beating from jeff lacy truss... just no-ones's noticed yet. Give it another 10 years or so and people will see that fight differently

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 20 Nov - 8:56

I here him and Froch go at it on the Cobbles at the end credits.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 20 Nov - 9:31

I don't know how much you have to slow down the Lacy Calzaghe fight to see a Lacy win BUT if you play it backwards you've got to award the fight to Lacy on aggression. Calzaghe backs off the entire time.

Coward.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 20 Nov - 22:11

Mr Bounce wrote:He's clearly bored however as he's made this his recent "personal project".
Beats cocaine and kissing his sister I guess.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Fri 20 Nov - 23:04

Scottrf wrote:
Mr Bounce wrote:He's clearly bored however as he's made this his recent "personal project".
Beats cocaine and kissing his sister I guess.

Doing coke and kissing your sister is an average Saturday night in Wales.

This film doesn't sound too enticing although it may be a surprise. I gave the Klitscho film a go and quite enjoyed it. Surprising as he's probably level pegging with Joe but just below Andy Murray in the personality stakes.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down