The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yawn...another Djokovic win

+10
temporary21
slashermcguirk
socal1976
Guest82
sirfredperry
Jahu
HM Murdock
Haddie-nuff
Belovedluckyboy
shivfan
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Yawn...another Djokovic win - Page 2 Empty Yawn...another Djokovic win

Post by shivfan Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:07 am

First topic message reminder :

He dominates men's tennis the way Serena rules women's tennis...the other men just can't compete at his level.

Djokovic won three of the four Grand Slams, and had his only blip in the French, where he lost to Wawrinka. Similar GS domination stats to Serena....

There's no variety among the men, an ageing Federer aside. They're all baseline bashers, again Federer aside, and from the baseline on anything other than clay, they just can't live with him. Novak, like Serena, has to play a bad match to lose to these guys....

The youngest player in the WTF was Nishikori at 25...there's just no youngsters able to challenge Djokovic right now.

Men's tennis has never been so boring...it's like watching Michael Schumacher in Formula One.
shivfan
shivfan

http://www.cricket-match-special.com

Back to top Go down

Yawn...another Djokovic win - Page 2 Empty Re: Yawn...another Djokovic win

Post by temporary21 Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:56 am

Dare I mention the Baby Fed? Can he get his bloody act together?

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Belovedluckyboy Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:15 am

I dont know about baby Fed; maybe grass is his best chance vs Novak. I also wish for Cilic to improve on his mental side of things vs Novak, he was so close to getting a win over Novak a few times yet faded away mentally.

I wish for Thiem to improve esp on clay which is his best surface, and takes over from Rafa and Stan when they decline on clay, to challenge Novak on clay.

Kei when he's healthy and fit maybe could challenge Novak on a quick HC and also on clay.

Ha ha, it seems we need a team effort to challenge Novak on all surfaces, thats how good Novak has become.

Belovedluckyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:44 am

BLB I mean do you feel that Nadal was too invincible on clay in the mid to late 2000s? I actually think more people can challenge Djokovic on a hardcourt than those that could challenge Fed on grass in his peak or Rafa on clay in his peak. People forget because of his current streak that it wasn't long ago that Rafa took the number 1 ranking and beat him up on the hardcourt in 2013 or Stan bludgeoning him at the 2014 AO or Murray beating him at the USO a few years back. I think Djokovic, like most players on tour is most comfortable on hardcourt because it suits and aggressive baseline game, because of that fact a number of players play their best on hardcourt and I think can challenge him.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Belovedluckyboy Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:41 am

I don't know but his numbers on the HCs are getting to similar level of Fed's in 2006. His fall season HC results are getting ridiculous, almost never loses a match. He may win 10 Beijing Open at the rate and ease he's winning there, and may surpass Rafa's eight in a row at MC. He may also win 8 in a row at the WTF given the ease he wins his matches there and the court there suits his game.

Even the USO will not be an issue from now on as with the roof structure now, windy conditions will be reduced and that bide well for Novak. I can see him starting to win more USO from now on. To me it's the FO and Wimbledon that he's more vulnerable.

Belovedluckyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:31 pm

BLB, I still think because everyone plays well on Hardcourts these days there are more guys who can challenge him. I mean Nishikori beat him at the USO. I agree that it is also Novak's best surface but my point is more that he can play at such a high level on all surfaces that what determines it really is the guy across the net playing great and maybe Novak being down. I don't think the surfaces are as big a deal to beating him or his wins.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2