The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December

+15
Hazel Sapling
VinceWLB
LeinsterFan4life
glamorganalun
Pot Hale
dragon999
munkian
LordDowlais
mikey_dragon
Luckless Pedestrian
Cardiff Dave
Stone Motif
bedfordwelsh
GavinDragon
George Carlin
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December - Page 3 Empty Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December

Post by George Carlin Tue 01 Dec 2015, 6:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December - Page 3 Dragon11                            Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December - Page 3 Munste10
Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster Rugby
Sunday 6 December 2015
KO: 14:30
Parade of the Dave

Live on SC4

Referee: Gary Conway (IRFU, 18th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Leighton Hodges, Daniel Jones (both WRU)
Citing Commissioner: John Charles (WRU)
TMO: Tim Hayes (WRU)

A. Head to Head

24 Played 24
7 Wins 17
17 Losses 7
0 Draws 0
378 Points 579

B. Form

Fri 21 November 2014
Newport Gwent Dragons 12 - 38 Munster Rugby

Sat 16 May 2015
Munster Rugby 50 - 27 Newport Gwent Dragons

C. Teams

Newport Gwent Dragons
Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December - Page 3 Dragon10
Carl Meyer; Tom Prydie, Adam Hughes, Adam Warren, Ashton Hewitt; Dorian Jones, Sarel Pretorius; Phil Price, Thomas Rhys Thomas (capt), Brok Harris, Matthew Screech, Rynard Landman, Lewis Evans, Nic Cudd, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Rhys Buckley, Shaun Knight, Lloyd Fairbrother, Cory Hill, Ed Jackson, Charlie Davies, Jason Tovey, Ross Wardle.

Munster Rugby
Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December - Page 3 Deer10
Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino; Ronan O'Mahony, David Johnston, Denis Hurley (capt), Simon Zebo; Rory Scannell, Tomas O'Leary; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Dave Foley, Mark Chisholm; Shane Buckley, Dave O'Callaghan, Robin Copeland.

Replacements: Kevin O'Byrne, James Cronin, Mario Sagario, Billy Holland, Jordan Coghlan, Cathal Sheridan, Tyler Bleyendaal, Gerhard van den Heever.

Last edited by George Carlin on Mon 07 Dec 2015, 5:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December - Page 3 Empty Re: Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December

Post by Notch Mon 07 Dec 2015, 5:55 am

I enjoyed this game a lot, but Munster have got to be kicking themselves after brain farts from Zebo and Amorosino cost them potentially two tries. Should have had a good lead at half-time, although the Dragons were equally guilty of cocking up a good chance at the end of that half. Second half they were utterly and totally outplayed and Dragons cruised to an absolutely deserved victory. Miserable second half from Munster, Dragons capitalised on their errors and grew in confidence. It was easy for them in the end.

This year it really seems anyone can beat anyone in this league. Previously we seemed to have a big five; Ulster, Munster, Leinster, Ospreys and Glasgow. But I think all five of those teams have badly under performed so far this season. The question is as they have more time with their players after the Rugby World Cup will the usual suspects rise to the top or will this relatively open league throw up a surprise. I think the Irish provinces are collectively as weak as they have been for a number of years and its not just the impact of the Rugby World Cup, its poor coaching. Glasgow and the Ospreys I think will recover. Ulster are unknown; still early days for Les Kiss. Leinster and Munster will be in there but look vulnerable on the road. Could see as many as three of these teams missing out altogether.

As it stands, a rank outsider like the Scarlets or Connacht could easily win the competition with the moment they have now. But even if one of those two top the league, I would still bet that one of those five teams I mentioned above will win the playoffs just because its two knockout games and they collectively have the most experience of knockout rugby. I think if one team goes on a late run of good form, it could carry them to the title despite their lowly ranking at present. For instance, I could see the Ospreys doing that despite languishing in 8th.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December - Page 3 Empty Re: Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December

Post by TJ Mon 07 Dec 2015, 6:33 am

It certainly makes for an interesting league.  I think a big part of it is world cup hangover / no preseason - and the big five had a lot of players at the WC - Glasgow had 21!

Glasgow are going to struggle tho I think - top 4 maybe but winning it?   Too many missing players (left) leading to unbalanced teams.

Injuries have played a big part as well.  Edinburgh had IIRC 13 players missing thru injury

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 07 Dec 2015, 6:39 am

One thing I really enjoyed in the game was the running battle between the 9s. Real terrier stuff from both of them.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Mon 07 Dec 2015, 6:53 am

I certainly didnt enjoy it. When your team plays cr*p rugby its hard to enjoy. :P Don't think Foley will be there next season.

Well done Dragons on a deserved win.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3