The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Billy Joe Saunders against the rest at 160 (155)

+5
lambertm100
mobilemaster8
ONETWOFOREVER
BoxingFan88
Baby faced assassin
9 posters

Go down

Billy Joe Saunders against the rest at 160 (155) Empty Billy Joe Saunders against the rest at 160 (155)

Post by Baby faced assassin Mon 21 Dec 2015, 6:06 pm

So I think it's safe to assume that we won't be seeing Saunders rematch Lee because of the action or lack of.

So where next for Britain's new WBO middleweight champion and howdo we see him faring as there are plenty options at middleweight

Firstly let's get GGG out the way.  Cant see this for at least 18 months as Saunders has 0% chance of victory. He's a good boxer but he tires late and GGG will be stalking him untill he lands and when he does it'll be lights out

Secondly is a Eubank Jr rematch. I wouldn't mind this, and unsure how it goes. BJS is clearly the superior talent but eubank is the stronger man and if he can start the fight as he finished the 1st fight he could win this

New champion Jacobs.  A 1 round KO can be deceiving and i think Billy Joe could beat Jacobs.  He's never been hurt and Jacobs while a big puncher isn't a super aggressive guy like GGG

Miguel cotto. Heard this mentioned, another intriguing fight and if Cotto can't hurt billy Joe he may be a bit too old and a bit too small to win here although why he would take this I don't know

Canelo. Another good fight, another close fight but feel Canelos flurries would be favoured ahead of BJS movement and can catch him in the 2nd half of the fight

How far can Billy Joe go in this division against the mentioned opponents, is he the real deal
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Billy Joe Saunders against the rest at 160 (155) Empty Re: Billy Joe Saunders against the rest at 160 (155)

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 21 Dec 2015, 6:25 pm

He keeps winning, but there is something about Saunders that I can't put my finger on that makes me not rate him

He always does just enough, I want to see him dominate someone and really out class them.

Think Jacobs beats him, agree with the rest though

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Billy Joe Saunders against the rest at 160 (155) Empty Re: Billy Joe Saunders against the rest at 160 (155)

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 21 Dec 2015, 6:28 pm

This is it for BJS i'm afraid. Its ok outboxing opponents like O'Sullivan, Eubanks, etc but you will need power to face a Canelo or GGG. I also think Cotto has enough to beat him but don't see Cotto fighting for that strap.

Jacobs would be the best chance for BJS but Jacobs would beat him by ko.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:45 pm

Loses to Cotto Lara GGG Canelo Cotto Jacobs Quillin

He beat Andy Lee who managed to hail Mary a win against all odds.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by lambertm100 Mon 21 Dec 2015, 11:39 pm

Canelo hardly laid a glove on Mayweather. BJS is no Mayweather, but he has good speed, counterpunches well and has a good chin. I'd give BJS a chance on points. Obviously hard to get he decision in the states especially if the WBC are sanctioning their cash cow.

TBH I'd also give Billy a decent chance against Cotto and Jacobs. Cotto has seen better days and I think Jacobs is overrated.

lambertm100

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Mon 21 Dec 2015, 11:44 pm

Feel Billy just doesn't have the same impression on his shots like Canelo does so struggle to see him winning enough rounds

I'd make BJS favorite over Cotto. Feel cotto is tailor made for Billy Joe, can see billy adopting trouts game plan and doing enough to negate Cottos best punches.

He may be prone to Cottos body shots but feel he's good enough to not be hit by too many. You may point towards his performances against eubank and Blackwell but both of those were naturally big middleweights who like to throw lots of punches whereas cotto at this stage of his career isnt gonna throw loads and load so punches and isn't going to bully BJS like those too did
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 22 Dec 2015, 1:00 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:there is something about Saunders that I can't put my finger on that makes me not rate him

Thank god someone else has that opinion - I've thought this since John Ryder, there's just...something missing.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 22 Dec 2015, 9:35 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:there is something about Saunders that I can't put my finger on that makes me not rate him

Thank god someone else has that opinion - I've thought this since John Ryder, there's just...something missing.

I feel exactly the same way, however, you can't knock his record: Blackwell, O'Sullivan, Ryder, Eubank and now Lee. He's beaten everyone in the UK.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 22 Dec 2015, 11:15 am

hazharrison wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:

I feel exactly the same way, however, you can't knock his record: Blackwell, O'Sullivan, Ryder, Eubank and now Lee. He's beaten everyone in the UK.

Oh undeniable record - just very Hatton-esque in the sense that he's limited I feel as a boxer, but somehow performs above his level to get the win when needed. I was never a big Hatton fan if I'm honest - again with him he just lacked something for me.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 22 Dec 2015, 11:21 am

Could see BJS taking a points win over both Canelo and Cotto, though the latter much more likely than the former.

Canelo is slow and has never shown the workrate that's needed to trouble BJS' questionable stamina. BJS has superior footwork and movement to evade the plodder's biggest shots and seems to have a decent enough chin.

Cotto is too small to be effective, hence why he never competed at the full weight apart from versus an immobile cripple. Don't think his power is as dangerous at his age and the higher weight either.

GGG flattens him though, as I suspect Jacobs does too.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 22 Dec 2015, 11:22 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:

Oh undeniable record - just very Hatton-esque in the sense that he's limited I feel as a boxer, but somehow performs above his level to get the win when needed. I was never a big Hatton fan if I'm honest - again with him he just lacked something for me.

Yeah, he wasn't great to watch was he? Body, body grab. Nice guy but made me itchy watching him!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 22 Dec 2015, 11:28 am

I wonder though if canelo takes his body. But read it much the same as tophat.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down