The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

+10
Marlonz
88Chris05
kingraf
spencerclarke
BoxingFan88
milkyboy
JabMachineMK2
Baby faced assassin
Atila
All Time Great
14 posters

Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by All Time Great Wed 30 Dec 2015, 11:52 pm

So Manny's last fight will be against Bradley. How does everyone see this fight going, and will there by much interest?

Feels like an unnecessary fight myself.

All Time Great

Posts : 711
Join date : 2011-03-15

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by Atila Thu 31 Dec 2015, 1:45 am

Not surprised that Bradley's getting another fight with Pacquiao. It should really be his third attempt at trying to get a win, but as he controversially won the first fight they'll no doubt sell this fight as a decider, a fight to see who's really the best.

Also Bradley is an Arum promoted fighter, so as usual, Arum gets to keep everything in house. I would've been surprised to have seen Crawford get the chance, too young and dangerous.

Atila

Posts : 1709
Join date : 2011-06-03

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by Baby faced assassin Thu 31 Dec 2015, 2:05 am

Disappointed that it's not Crawford although I don't think crawford would win would wish he wouldve given him a shot to prove me wrong

Plus side the 2nd fight was closer than the 1st (how bradley won who knows) and pacquiao is coming off a injury so should be competitive and can see if pacquiao has lost a step

2nd fight was fun so I'll watch it again and hope that Manny fights crawford and doesn't bow out on this he should win fairly comfortably
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Posts : 264
Join date : 2015-12-05

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 31 Dec 2015, 10:23 am

Wasn't excited by the first fight, second fight was quite dull and the third will be more of the same with Pacquiao boxing his way to a UD. Shame really because there really are much better fights out there for both men - I'm not sure what this third fight is proving.

Also - more knowledgeable posters, is Pacquiao some sort of record holder for the same opponents in several fights?

Marquez (4), Barrera (2), Morales (3), Bradley (3) - just seems awfully high.

JabMachineMK2

Posts : 2383
Join date : 2012-02-09
Age : 104

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by milkyboy Thu 31 Dec 2015, 11:44 am

... About as dull and uninteresting as it gets for me I'm afraid.

milkyboy

Posts : 7761
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 31 Dec 2015, 12:22 pm

Wish it was either Crawford or Khan if I'm honest, but many people thought that Bradley won the first fight, I myself didn't think it was close tbh.

Bradley is coming off a good performance and he has the fireman in his corner who has been bashing Manny constantly, so it will be interesting to see if he can back it all up

I'm still interested in the fight, I rate Bradley as the 2nd best welterweight after Pacquiao.

You say Manny rematches a lot of people, which can also be interpreted as fighting people again who either beat him or give him a close hard fight, surely that is a positive, not a negative

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by spencerclarke Thu 31 Dec 2015, 12:28 pm

Would much prefer to see both fighting different opponents. Not really sure how they rally viewers round for this as the 2nd fight was dull. There are much more exciting fights out there for both of them. Hopefully this wont be Pacman's last fight.

spencerclarke

Posts : 1896
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : North Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by kingraf Thu 31 Dec 2015, 12:43 pm

Manny Pacquiao is a firm believer of the philosophy the best things come in threes (and to be fair to him it was proved right when Marquez hot dog sparked him when he pushed it to four)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16587
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 29
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 31 Dec 2015, 1:04 pm

Apparently Pacquiao will have another fight in November, the opponent mooted is Crawford, who is apparently fighting Herrera next, which is a great fight as well

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 31 Dec 2015, 1:37 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:You say Manny rematches a lot of people, which can also be interpreted as fighting people again who either beat him or give him a close hard fight, surely that is a positive, not a negative

Oh not at all, just asking of there have been any other boxers who have done it as frequently.

JabMachineMK2

Posts : 2383
Join date : 2012-02-09
Age : 104

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 31 Dec 2015, 1:41 pm

In modern times Zoomy Nelson definitely gives him a run for his money, Jabby. Off the top of my head he went up against Leija four times, Fenech three times (the last one might as well have been a charity exhibition, mind you) and then all of Villasana, Martinez and Ruelas twice apiece. Plenty of re(re, maybe even re)matches there.

Going way back, though, Sam Langford had a total of 72 fights (going from memory, might be a little off) against just five different opponents; Jeannette, McVea, Wills, Clark and Barry.
88Chris05
88Chris05
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9640
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 35
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by Marlonz Thu 31 Dec 2015, 2:28 pm

I can't for the life of me work out how they can sell this fight as Manny's last and I'm still waiting/hoping that Arum will pop up and say "Ner ner, nu ner ner..Just joking!! Manny is actually fighting Crawford next!!"... As much as I like Bradley, he will do his tough guy "Come break down this wall...Ima bust Manny up..." schtick and Manny will do his "I want to show that I still have the killer instinct..." mantra only for the fight to be messy, disjointed and anti-climatic. They just don't mesh well in the ring and I though the nightmare of the whole thing had been banished by the result of the rematch. The PPV's were apparently terrible for that fight too, so I don't understand the business sense of this either??! I'm not even intersted in the Atlas vs Roach sub-plot.

I just think that after being such a fantastic work horse and servant to boxing, it will be a real shame to see Manny drift away from the sport like this. And if Bradley wins, he will have lost 4 out of his last 7 fights.. Think he and the fans deserve better than this. Sad.

Marlonz

Posts : 151
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by Baby faced assassin Thu 31 Dec 2015, 2:42 pm

Does anyone see Crawford actually troubling Manny

Crawford best win is Gamboa, and gamboa easily won the first 3/4 rounds but crawford was too big and Gamboa was too open/tired. Manny is a bigger, better, fitter version of Gamboa don't see Crawford troubling him.

He wasn't even that good against Burns, a burns who had already looked like he lost a step

I'd prefer Thurman but he's with haymon, and I wouldn't want Broner anywhere near manny he doesn't deserve anything
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Posts : 264
Join date : 2015-12-05

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 31 Dec 2015, 2:44 pm

Marlonz wrote:I can't for the life of me work out how they can sell this fight as Manny's last and I'm still waiting/hoping that Arum will pop up and say "Ner ner, nu ner ner..Just joking!! Manny is actually fighting Crawford next!!"... As much as I like Bradley, he will do his tough guy "Come break down this wall...Ima bust Manny up..." schtick and Manny will do his "I want to show that I still have the killer instinct..." mantra only for the fight to be messy, disjointed and anti-climatic. They just don't mesh well in the ring and I though the nightmare of the whole thing had been banished by the result of the rematch. The PPV's were apparently terrible for that fight too, so I don't understand the business sense of this either??! I'm not even intersted in the Atlas vs Roach sub-plot.

I just think that after being such a fantastic work horse and servant to boxing, it will be a real shame to see Manny drift away from the sport like this. And if Bradley wins, he will have lost 4 out of his last 7 fights.. Think he and the fans deserve better than this. Sad.

He is coming towards the end and off Shoulder surgery though.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Bob Arum is responsible, I think Manny probably wanted someone else and Arum turned it all down, which is probably why its taken so long to announce it

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 31 Dec 2015, 2:47 pm

88Chris05 wrote:In modern times Zoomy Nelson definitely gives him a run for his money, Jabby. Off the top of my head he went up against Leija four times, Fenech three times (the last one might as well have been a charity exhibition, mind you) and then all of Villasana, Martinez and Ruelas twice apiece. Plenty of re(re, maybe even re)matches there.

Going way back, though, Sam Langford had a total of 72 fights (going from memory, might be a little off) against just five different opponents; Jeannette, McVea, Wills, Clark and Barry.

This is why i come back here after hiatuses! Thanks Chris, didn't know about Zoomy.

JabMachineMK2

Posts : 2383
Join date : 2012-02-09
Age : 104

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by Marlonz Thu 31 Dec 2015, 3:06 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:
Marlonz wrote:I can't for the life of me work out how they can sell this fight as Manny's last and I'm still waiting/hoping that Arum will pop up and say "Ner ner, nu ner ner..Just joking!! Manny is actually fighting Crawford next!!"... As much as I like Bradley, he will do his tough guy "Come break down this wall...Ima bust Manny up..." schtick and Manny will do his "I want to show that I still have the killer instinct..." mantra only for the fight to be messy, disjointed and anti-climatic. They just don't mesh well in the ring and I though the nightmare of the whole thing had been banished by the result of the rematch. The PPV's were apparently terrible for that fight too, so I don't understand the business sense of this either??! I'm not even intersted in the Atlas vs Roach sub-plot.

I just think that after being such a fantastic work horse and servant to boxing, it will be a real shame to see Manny drift away from the sport like this. And if Bradley wins, he will have lost 4 out of his last 7 fights.. Think he and the fans deserve better than this. Sad.

He is coming towards the end and off Shoulder surgery though.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Bob Arum is responsible, I think Manny probably wanted someone else and Arum turned it all down, which is probably why its taken so long to announce it
Yep, agree. Arum says he doesn't have the final say, but I can't believe that Manny would delay this long only to announce Bradley after all. I also remember seeing Arum, on his twitter account, bigging up a 3rd fight with Bradley when all the talk (and hope from the fans) was of Pac vs Crawford. I think Crawford would be a great fit for Manny, and should the shoulder have responded well to the surgery, allowed Manny to put on a thrilling performance to go out on. Man... Pac vs Bradley 3??!! No!!!!!!

Marlonz

Posts : 151
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by Atila Thu 31 Dec 2015, 4:08 pm

Arum says that he isn't going to promote this as Pacquiao's last fight because he would look like a "[expletive] huckster".

Only hope that if Pacquiao loses we don't hear the excuse that he never recovered 100% from his shoulder injury, or anything along those lines.

Atila

Posts : 1709
Join date : 2011-06-03

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by Marlonz Sat 23 Jan 2016, 3:17 pm

Atila wrote:Arum says that he isn't going to promote this as Pacquiao's last fight because he would look like a "[expletive] huckster".

Only hope that if Pacquiao loses we don't hear the excuse that he never recovered 100% from his shoulder injury, or anything along those lines.
Same here. But people have short memories and we are talking about Bradley here - A man who blamed his performances on ankle/leg injuries TWICE vs Pac and one of those was a "win". So by the same token, I really hope Bradley doesn't mention an "injury" excuse for a 3rd time in a row vs the same opponent!! If he does, I hope fans have the integrity to call him out the way they did Pac after the Floyd fiasco.


Last edited by Marlonz on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Marlonz

Posts : 151
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by Valero's Conscience Sat 23 Jan 2016, 6:06 pm

I think this fight will get very poor PPV sales. I think the overall reaction to this fight announcement was pretty underwhelming.

There was only a rematch because Bradley was gifted a decision first time round.

Bradley has looked good lately and i think could take Manny by legit decision this time round.

I still don't believe the shoulder injury debacle and was his team's decision to save face for his wide loss.

It's embarrassing how both Manny and Roach have recently still stated they think they were robed against Floyd.

In saying that, Manny has never been a gracious loser i.e. wrong socks against Morales in first fight, cramps against JMM in 3rd fight etc.

Valero's Conscience

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 38
Location : Kent/London

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 23 Jan 2016, 11:01 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:I think this fight will get very poor PPV sales.  I think the overall reaction to this fight announcement was pretty underwhelming.

There was only a rematch because Bradley was gifted a decision first time round.

Bradley has looked good lately and i think could take Manny by legit decision this time round.

I still don't believe the shoulder injury debacle and was his team's decision to save face for his wide loss.  

It's embarrassing how both Manny and Roach have recently still stated they think they were robed against Floyd.


In saying that, Manny has never been a gracious loser i.e. wrong socks against Morales in first fight, cramps against JMM in 3rd fight etc.

I don't think they'd appreciate your attempt to expose them

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15725
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 38
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by themadworldofjb Sun 24 Jan 2016, 10:08 pm

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Posts : 205
Join date : 2011-03-12
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 25 Jan 2016, 2:34 am

Night love

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15725
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 38
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 25 Jan 2016, 3:13 am

The Atlas thing intrigues me. Bradley put in a good game plan against Rios, though Bam Bam lookednl finished. Atlas may refine Bradley coupled with less activity and more age set in for Manny, I think the fight could be closer.

I remember Chris going into the 2nd fight being confident of Bradley winning, but Bradley appearing to box to no real game plan. This next encounter will be very specifically to a gameplan and we could see a big change.

I'm interested.

AlexHuckerby

Posts : 9201
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 32
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Bradley confirmed

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum