The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye predictions for the weekend

+40
catchweight
kingraf
tunes666
Coxy001
Happytravelling
AZZJ44
Ent
Kareem61
Rodney
Noble-Surfer
mobilemaster8
DuransHorse
Scottrf
Pound-for-Pound
djlovesyou
milkyboy
Rowley
monty junior
horizontalhero
Duty281
Atila
Steffan
Nico the gman
Valero's Conscience
Dipper Brown
Hands Of Stone
Mr Bounce
Hammersmith harrier
Baby faced assassin
AdamT
jimdig
armchairwarrior
hazharrison
Ronikara
ShahenshahG
md_fan
TRUSSMAN66
BoxingFan88
spencerclarke
bhb001
44 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Haye predictions for the weekend - Page 3 Empty Haye predictions for the weekend

Post by bhb001 Thu 14 Jan 2016, 12:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, what do we think the outcome of the ...

Oh sod it. I can't be a%sed with this waste of time either!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Haye predictions for the weekend - Page 3 Empty Re: Haye predictions for the weekend

Post by jimdig Sun 17 Jan 2016, 1:15 am

Nothing ventured nothing gained. Unfortunately nothing learned. I like that the presenter pushed him on only coming back for money and no more walk overs allowed.
They also commented that he'd packed on 17lbs of muscle since last seen. A simple google of expected muscle gains would make you realise that level of gains falls under "extraordinary"

Although that fight was flaccid, it garnered some interest toward his next outing.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Haye predictions for the weekend - Page 3 Empty Re: Haye predictions for the weekend

Post by Happytravelling Sun 17 Jan 2016, 3:22 am

It was what it was. After 3 yrs out, he was always come back against a stiff. As stiff goes, De Mori was not the worst. Weak record but only one lost.

Haye's footwork and lateral movement looked to have slowed but his hands are still quick but, that is stretching analysis of 2 mins a bit to far. It was so short I could be wrong about either of those.

It was a winning comeback and he didn't look like he's aged too much.

The one thing he'll be happy with is he filled the O2 and is still a big name.

If I was him, id avoid Joshua and go for one of the other belts. Those whining about brook need to watch Wilder.

Haye can make some money but he needs to keep active, at his age.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 17 Jan 2016, 3:34 am

And now we've got the weakest world champion since... Well, Wilder.

Charles Martin looked poor.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 17 Jan 2016, 9:35 am

Charles Martin got a gift. A ruptured acl for your opponent is not a KO.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 17 Jan 2016, 11:02 am

Wilder has some power though. He can just end any fight at times. Should be a good fight between him and fury.

Obviously if the hey through Povetkin and Klitshcko respectively which is no easy task

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 17 Jan 2016, 11:06 am

I like Wilder, tends to be in exciting fights but he seems severely limited and still seems raw. When Szpilka was moving his head, Wilder was missing wildly.

Joshua or a fit Haye would blast him away early as he's too open and he wouldn't have a clue how to fight Fury.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 17 Jan 2016, 11:29 am

Fury makes me cringe, bouncing around the ring, offering Wilder on.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Sun 17 Jan 2016, 11:37 am

I'm a big Fury fan and normally don't mind his antics but that show after the fight was painful to watch. He's won the big one so could have showed some class and acted the part yet he chose to take his waistcoat off and jump about.

Absolutely no need. People might say that he hasn't class to show although I believe he has.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sun 17 Jan 2016, 11:41 am

Fury just looked like a complete idiot. He had zero wit, humour or cleverness with his behaviour.

Wlad will spark him back to insignificance. Will be similar to how Hasbeen Rahman drifted away to being a nobody after a fluke victory.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Sun 17 Jan 2016, 12:40 pm

Hope you are right Coxy. Say what you will about Klitchko, but he kept the titles unify, and brought a bit of dignity to the party. Last night was glimpse of the future of the division over the next couple of years...

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 17 Jan 2016, 12:48 pm

Surprised people have not woke up to the fact boxers do this for attention and to stir up the fight, its a bit like wrestling? Makes me laugh how people get wound up by it. Your talking about it, which was the plan.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 17 Jan 2016, 12:52 pm

As for Haye, He looked slower to me and stiffer, not as explosive, this might be down to his extra weight. Is it wise putting on the weight?, His power was there anyway but now will probably lose a bit of speed and have less fuel in the tank.

That said, it was so quick there was not allot of time to really check him out, his opponent looked very poor..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 17 Jan 2016, 1:02 pm

People are well aware of the intention, Tunes. It's just some boxers are more convincing than others. Fury looked silly taking off his jacket and prancing around, much like he did flipping the table against Chisora. It just doesn't suit him and looks daft and contrived.

I'd rather see him play up to the class clown image and run around dressed like Batman again.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 17 Jan 2016, 1:12 pm

Charles Martin is the reason sport exists. Need less luck winning the lottery than he got becoming world champion
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 17 Jan 2016, 1:18 pm

Fury was embarrassing neither convincing or funny. If you can't be either of those you just look a pillock.

I think fury will win the rematch. Wlad didn't want to risk his chin but was conceding distance. Unless wlad takes a gamble it will be the same fight again.

I have to take my comment back. Wilder is growing on me and he still appears to be learning.

But Szpilka was giving him plenty of trouble till the ko.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 17 Jan 2016, 1:45 pm

Fury is an embarrassment to the sport, acting like an idiot after Wilder's title fight when he has more pressing matters to concern himself with, like avoiding getting knocked the F out when Wlad puts some effort in.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 17 Jan 2016, 2:02 pm

Love the way Fury manages to wind everyone up. Wilder is funny too.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 17 Jan 2016, 2:08 pm

I love the way you throw a hissy fit over Mayweather all the time but hey ho.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 17 Jan 2016, 2:26 pm

Nah your choking on your hatred for Fury while he makes you look like a mug is matched only by your choking on Mayweathers c0ck!

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 17 Jan 2016, 3:14 pm

Wilder/Povetkin, Fury/Wlad rematch, Fury/Wilder those are three good fights actually with only Fury's rematch the only foregone conclusion of the three for me. But hope it's Fury/Wilder as that's a good fight genuine fifty fifty though I'd probably favour Fury, Wilder has a punch and carries his power late. Don't think Deontay likes pressure but a fairly decent boxer. The Pole last night put up a good showing and exposed some flaws.

How can Wld win with a normal canvas? Can't see it, he's just too slow.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 17 Jan 2016, 3:27 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Fury is an embarrassment to the sport, acting like an idiot after Wilder's title fight when he has more pressing matters to concern himself with, like avoiding getting knocked the F out when Wlad puts some effort in.

I think he is one of the more interesting fighters out there, most of the others are boring... He does not bang on about money all the bloomin time, he might be a bit of a dick sometimes but he actually backs most of it up .... he is not a tidy boxer and not a tidy person, what you see is what you get and its entertaining. Never has he disrespected his opponents after the fight, nor bragged about his success with an ego... How he revs him self up for a fight is up to hi, has long as he gets in the ring and deals with it.

I like him.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sun 17 Jan 2016, 5:35 pm

Fury's win over Wlad was not a fluke. He didn't 'get lucky'. He won over 12 rounds convincingly, which should be very reassuring to him in the buildup to the rematch as there's nothing to rely on or hope for, like Wlad making a mistake. It's Wlad that needs to hope Fury slips up and let's him get inside and land a big shot.

I wonder if Hayes extra weight will also help him take a shot that little bit better?

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun 17 Jan 2016, 6:17 pm

I can see Haye fighting Whyte at some point as he's not happy if David jumps the queue. Another easy sell and makes decent money with a decent crowd.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 17 Jan 2016, 6:54 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Fury is an embarrassment to the sport
Yeah an undefeated boxer who recently beat the best heavyweight and one of the best P4P fighters of the last 15 years convincingly in his own back yard is a complete disgrace...

You can hate Fury all you want but that doesn't give you an excuse to talk complete crap on here. Leave that to me Smile

No doubt you will try to report this post or get me banned again. Feel free I enjoy the attention OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Sun 17 Jan 2016, 7:53 pm

Being an embarrassment has nothing to do with being undefeated, who you have beaten, or how good you are. It 's about how you conduct yourself in and out of the ring. An Fury's behavior over the last few years has, on the whole been cringe worthy. Hes's the very definition of an embarrassment. It's boxing not the WWE for f**ks sake.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 17 Jan 2016, 8:18 pm

You mean like getting into a post-fight conference brawl when he wasn't even involved in the fight? Then taking a fight with the boxer he punched outside the ring without the British board of control's consent? Haye is no better. He trash talks just as much as Fury only with a bit better language. At least Fury backs it up. I actually like a bit of trash talk it would be boring if every fighter was like 'Oh hello dear chap yes it will be a splendid fight as to which I may win or lose but give it a thoroughly good go'

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 17 Jan 2016, 8:49 pm

catchweight wrote:Nah your choking on your hatred for Fury while he makes you look like a mug is matched only by your choking on Mayweathers c0ck!

HA! Choked on my tea there.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 17 Jan 2016, 8:52 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Ronikara wrote:Haz that's too much of a risk. Haye is bound to have a little ring rust and may take a round or two to shake it off.

Could be right - could cover it with a RD 2 KO. I'll have a look at de Mori on Youtube tonight. I genuinely expect him to fall over first time he's hit.

Ronikara - you owe me £40!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun 17 Jan 2016, 8:57 pm

Fury is ring magazine's fighter of the year. I read a report that fury and wilder went drinking together backstage. Wilder couldn't buy the publicity fury brings, he was fighting a football hooligan that nobody heard of, thanks to fury he has eyes on him and his highlight reel knock out.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sun 17 Jan 2016, 9:18 pm

Steffan wrote:You mean like getting into a post-fight conference brawl when he wasn't even involved in the fight? Then taking a fight with the boxer he punched outside the ring without the British board of control's consent? Haye is no better. He trash talks just as much as Fury only with a bit better language. At least Fury backs it up. I actually like a bit of trash talk it would be boring if every fighter was like 'Oh hello dear chap yes it will be a splendid fight as to which I may win or lose but give it a thoroughly good go'

You do realise that he's English and not Irish (certainly not Welsh) don't you?

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 17 Jan 2016, 9:31 pm

djlovesyou wrote:You do realise that he's English and not Irish (certainly not Welsh) don't you?
Yes of course. I cheer on plenty of boxers such as Fury, DeGale and Amir Khan all who are about as English as you can get. It's a shame English people like Hammersmith, TopHat and Coxy didn't get behind some of these fighters rather than just slating them all the time

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sun 17 Jan 2016, 9:47 pm

You support boxers that other people don't seem to like much, regardless of whether you actually like them yourself.

Seems like a good way of doing it, I suppose.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 17 Jan 2016, 9:51 pm

Steffan wrote:I cheer on plenty of boxers such as Fury, DeGale and Amir Khan all who are about as English as you can get.

Don't forget Joe Calzaghe, born in England, also about as English as you can get. thumbsup

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 17 Jan 2016, 9:56 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Steffan wrote:I cheer on plenty of boxers such as Fury, DeGale and Amir Khan all who are about as English as you can get.

Don't forget Joe Calzaghe, born in England, also about as English as you can get. thumbsup
Yeah shame you lot never cheered him on and left it to us Welsh. But there we are thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Mon 18 Jan 2016, 9:38 am

jimdig wrote:Nothing ventured nothing gained. Unfortunately nothing learned. I like that the presenter pushed him on only coming back for money and no more walk overs allowed.
They also commented that he'd packed on 17lbs of muscle since last seen. A simple google of expected muscle gains would make you realise that level of gains falls under "extraordinary"

Although that fight was flaccid, it garnered some interest toward his next outing.

Interesting that he can do this whilst having a shoulder injury. An injured shoulder will stop you training pretty much all upper body.

That being said I'm sure he just has fantastic genetics and is able to bulk up whilst maintaining very low body fat as there are a very small percentage of people that can do that.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jan 2016, 10:23 am

With all these thinly veiled suggestions that Haye's physicality is down to something other than regular training methods, I'd have thought that any one of the numerous boxing organisations whose job it is to monitor suspicious activity within the sport and ensure a level playing field would have been alerted to his extraordinary transformation and tested the bejeezus out of him before now.

Thankfully the 606 Miss Marples are on the case so it won't be long before he's caught will it?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 18 Jan 2016, 10:25 am

DAVE667 wrote:With all these thinly veiled suggestions that Haye's physicality is down to something other than regular training methods, I'd have thought that any one of the numerous boxing organisations whose job it is to monitor suspicious activity within the sport and ensure a level playing field would have been alerted to his extraordinary transformation and tested the bejeezus out of him before now.

Thankfully the 606 Miss Marples are on the case so it won't be long before he's caught will it?

They would only test him after he announced the fight. He could of made the gains in the 3 half year layoff. Anyway there are other Heavies who obviously abuse "supplements" IMO, so he is only levelling the playing field.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 18 Jan 2016, 10:32 am

You come across as very bitter about all this stuff Adam, is because you're unable to shift all that excess timber and resemble a morbidly obese Butterbean.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 18 Jan 2016, 10:48 am

I'm not bitter. I just know what I am talking about. I am far from obese mate.

I am a physical specimen myself.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 18 Jan 2016, 10:52 am

You talk sh!t Adam and like MMA, enough said really.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 18 Jan 2016, 10:55 am

Hammer you know nothing about training or the human body.

You might act high and mighty on here, but when it comes to training, you're a special of the highest order.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 18 Jan 2016, 10:56 am

Also what is wrong with MMA?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 18 Jan 2016, 10:58 am

Of course I am, maybe I just don't feel the need to make false claims of knowledge online and subsequently using; 'I know what i'm talking about' as my sole evidence, plain and simply you're on a constant wind up.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 18 Jan 2016, 11:01 am

You got your bite hammer. If you read my post, I added an IMO at the end. How about we agree to disagree?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jan 2016, 11:09 am

Adam adding "IMO" to the words "I know what I'm talking about" legitimizes anything you write on any subject about as much as using the words "FACT!" or "GOSPEL"

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 18 Jan 2016, 11:13 am

Ok David Haye eats his spinach. I am wrong, doesn't matter, does it?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 18 Jan 2016, 11:15 am

It does matter that you make constant allegations of doping with no evidence to back up your claims, either put up or shut up.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 18 Jan 2016, 11:16 am

Ok he is natural. I am wrong. Happy now?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jan 2016, 11:17 am

Well it does if he's using performance enhancers to enable him to fight. Of course it matters. It's illegal and if he's found to be using then he should be banned. However, I'll not rush to judgment based on someone saying "IMO" or "I know what I'm talking about" unless of course they're the chief testing officer for one of the organisations whose job it is to weed out substance abuse in boxing.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 18 Jan 2016, 11:20 am

AdamT wrote:Also what is wrong with MMA?

Mostly the gay underpants.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next