The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye predictions for the weekend

+40
catchweight
kingraf
tunes666
Coxy001
Happytravelling
AZZJ44
Ent
Kareem61
Rodney
Noble-Surfer
mobilemaster8
DuransHorse
Scottrf
Pound-for-Pound
djlovesyou
milkyboy
Rowley
monty junior
horizontalhero
Duty281
Atila
Steffan
Nico the gman
Valero's Conscience
Dipper Brown
Hands Of Stone
Mr Bounce
Hammersmith harrier
Baby faced assassin
AdamT
jimdig
armchairwarrior
hazharrison
Ronikara
ShahenshahG
md_fan
TRUSSMAN66
BoxingFan88
spencerclarke
bhb001
44 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Haye predictions for the weekend - Page 5 Empty Haye predictions for the weekend

Post by bhb001 Thu 14 Jan 2016, 12:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, what do we think the outcome of the ...

Oh sod it. I can't be a%sed with this waste of time either!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Haye predictions for the weekend - Page 5 Empty Re: Haye predictions for the weekend

Post by hazharrison Mon 18 Jan 2016, 1:24 pm

While this is a great argument for the board's pedants to engage in (prove it then!) the fact is that no-one has any idea which fighters are clean and which aren't if they're basing their view on a fighters drug testing record.

PED testing in boxing is so woeful that only a cretin would allow themselves to be caught (hence the fact Rios and Berto and the like were busted recently).

From what I can gather, the only testing body worth its salt is VADA. The only fighter I know, who's agreed to 365-day VADA testing is Nonito Donaire. So we can probably all agree that Donaire is clean. That's it. No-one can prove either way whether any other fighter is or isn't clean.

The rest is all conjecture but anyone with any common sense can tell by looking at someone whether or not they're pumped full of chemicals. 40-year old men do not get to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger by eating porridge and jumping rope.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Haye predictions for the weekend - Page 5 Empty Re: Haye predictions for the weekend

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 18 Jan 2016, 1:26 pm

I mean how can you honestly judge the performance, he blew the guy out in less than 1 round with the first meaningful shot that landed.

The rating was probably a combination of the opponent and performance

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jan 2016, 1:27 pm

hazharrison wrote:While this is a great argument for the board's pedants to engage in (prove it then!) the fact is that no-one has any idea which fighters are clean and which aren't if they're basing their view on a fighters drug testing record.

PED testing in boxing is so woeful that only a cretin would allow themselves to be caught (hence the fact Rios and Berto and the like were busted recently).

From what I can gather, the only testing body worth its salt is VADA. The only fighter I know, who's agreed to 365-day VADA testing is Nonito Donaire. So we can probably all agree that Donaire is clean. That's it. No-one can prove either way whether any other fighter is or isn't clean.

The rest is all conjecture but anyone with any common sense can tell by looking at someone whether or not they're pumped full of chemicals. 40-year old men do not get to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger by eating porridge and jumping rope.  

No more Hauser articles from you then.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

"That naughty waughty Mayweather is different though because I don't like him..I don't like him one bit !!" Cool

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 1:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 18 Jan 2016, 1:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:While this is a great argument for the board's pedants to engage in (prove it then!) the fact is that no-one has any idea which fighters are clean and which aren't if they're basing their view on a fighters drug testing record.

No more Hauser articles from you then....

"That naughty waughty Mayweather is different though because I don't like him..I don't like him one bit !!" Cool

Hauser pointed out that Mayweather basically had USADA in his pocket, paid them more than anyone else and was caught with an IV in his arm (among other things - including some shady deals on disclosure of positive tests). Again, anyone who reads that and throws out the "prove it!" line is living in an alternative reality (wearing a TMT cap).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jan 2016, 1:35 pm

Not interested...... Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 18 Jan 2016, 1:37 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not interested...... Rolling Eyes

Then why bring it up? It's like arguing with the missus.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jan 2016, 1:44 pm

milkyboy wrote:I think a few on here have voiced suspicions about wlad, Dave.

I'm no bodybuilder, to me Haye just looked big not ripped... It wouldn't have aroused my suspicions... I just thought he hadn't trained very hard!

Interesting comments by mcguigan... The camp was an uphill struggle... Gave haye's performance a 5-6 out of 10. But of friction or just a straight talker?
With you there Milky...apart from the arousal bit obviously!!

As for Wlad, whilst I'm unsurprised at a vocal few suggesting Wlad's conditioning could be due to nefarious means, again, I'd argue that the man holding arguably the most celebrated title in all of sport would be subjected to some of the most vigorous testing available...much like Usain Bolt. With people of such calibre representing their sport, surely they would and should be held up to an even higher standard that the rest. Maybe I'm being naïve and assuming that the pair of them have been tested to the Heavens and back again and found to be clean.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 18 Jan 2016, 1:58 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

I'm no bodybuilder, to me Haye just looked big not ripped... It wouldn't have aroused my suspicions... I just thought he hadn't trained very hard!

Interesting comments by mcguigan... The camp was an uphill struggle... Gave haye's performance a 5-6 out of 10. But of friction or just a straight talker?

As for Wlad, whilst I'm unsurprised at a vocal few suggesting Wlad's conditioning could be due to nefarious means, again, I'd argue that the man holding arguably the most celebrated title in all of sport would be subjected to some of the most vigorous testing available...much like Usain Bolt. With people of such calibre representing their sport, surely they would and should be held up to an even higher standard that the rest. Maybe I'm being naïve and assuming that the pair of them have been tested to the Heavens and back again and found to be clean.

Klitschko hasn't been tested by anyone other than the German Boxing Federation (via NADA - whoever they are).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 18 Jan 2016, 2:00 pm

You probably are. Have you missed the IAAF coverups, corruption etc? USADA turning a blind eye to IV which controvenes WADA guidelines? The complete disinterest in proper bans for people who are actually found to be using banned substances in boxing?

You really trust these organisations to test and report accurately even if they were able to catch people who don't make obvious mistakes (they aren't). Especially when the people they are 'investigating' have massive amounts of money.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 18 Jan 2016, 2:03 pm

Haz hits the nail in the head. Around the clock testing from VADA is the only way to go in my opinion.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jan 2016, 2:04 pm

hazharrison wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Klitschko hasn't been tested by anyone other than the German Boxing Federation (via NADA - whoever they are).
Not even when fighting in the USA?

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 18 Jan 2016, 2:08 pm

hazharrison wrote:

... Which no doubt you do quite often haz!

I wouldn't want to bet my life on donaire being clean... If your chemist is one step ahead, you can take the moral high ground and avoid suspicion. I'm sure he is clean but being vocal about your testing is no guarantee...

Floyd and his 'take the test'... By which some could interprate as meaning 'take MY test with the guys I bought off'.

I have no idea who's clean who isn't. But it's a macho professional sport with a lot of money at stake... One loss can finish your earning potential... And the 'testing' if we can call it that, has no central authority or ownership. Under such circumstances it would be a bigger surprise to learn the sport was relatively clean than to find out they were all at it.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 18 Jan 2016, 2:18 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Not even when fighting in the USA?

Can't find any record of who tested in the US. I know Pulev and Povetkin were pushing for a different body to conduct testing and they were told that if they didn't want to fight in Germany, they could sling their hook (Pulev was required to undergo rigorous testing as part of his TV deal with German network ARD).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 18 Jan 2016, 2:21 pm

All major sports should be random 365 days a year testing. It might not mean someone is definitely clean, but only then is it really credible.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jan 2016, 2:27 pm

AdamT wrote:All major sports should be random 365 days a year testing. It might not mean someone is definitely clean, but only then is it really credible.

laughing ........You going to provide the billions of dollars..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 18 Jan 2016, 2:28 pm

AdamT wrote:All major sports should be random 365 days a year testing. It might not mean someone is definitely clean, but only then is it really credible.

Someone has to pay for that. In boxing, it isn't in anyone's interest to bust the cheats. Everyone loses money. If it's left wide open for cheats to do as they please, then the only guys at risk are the fighters, right?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jan 2016, 2:30 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

laughing  ........You going to provide the billions of dollars..
TopHat can chip in a few quid can't he?

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Mon 18 Jan 2016, 2:38 pm

Don't want to single anyone out because I think the whole sport is a little suspect (maybe not the Furys with their horror show torsos).

However, one thing about Haye's 'amazing' muscle growth that struck me as a little odd was how he made preemptive excuses about "eating and eating and eating" in his post fight interview.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Mon 18 Jan 2016, 2:41 pm

Would PEDs explain why when fighters took years off from the sport in the past they weren't the same and yet nowadays they can come back straight to the top of the game?

Even the great Muhammad Ali was never quite the same after the ban, he was still great but the speed and stamina had slipped noticeably. But Klitschko came straight back and dominated then champ Sam Peter, Mayweather dominated the p4p no.2 and Haye beat HW sensation Mark De Mori.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jan 2016, 2:50 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

TopHat can chip in a few quid can't he?

Besides I wouldn't want someone sticking something inside me on a regular basis..

Like red I'd be retired with no chance of a comeback. .

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 18 Jan 2016, 2:54 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Random means a few tests to suspected boxers. Obviously it would be a lottery to get tested, but at least boxers will know it can happen.

In my comps maybe 3 get tested out of 50. I'm sure many never get tested, but at least the chance is there.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jan 2016, 3:00 pm

AdamT wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Random means a few tests to suspected boxers. .

Then they get sued for defamation of character........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 18 Jan 2016, 3:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Random means a few tests to suspected boxers. .

Then they get sued for defamation of character........

Well then don't bother testing at all. It is pointless, so let them juice away.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jan 2016, 11:49 pm

Ironically it was Berto that insisted on strict testing for the fight!

Interestingly his performances went downhill during this period especially after he stopped working with Conte, who incidently was working with Berto at the time!

Tea & scones is what you need.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 18 Jan 2016, 11:55 pm

milkyboy wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

... Which no doubt you do quite often haz!

I wouldn't want to bet my life on donaire being clean... If your chemist is one step ahead, you can take the moral high ground and avoid suspicion. I'm sure he is clean but being vocal about your testing is no guarantee...

Floyd and his 'take the test'... By which some could interprate as meaning 'take MY test with the guys I bought off'.

I have no idea who's clean who isn't. But it's a macho professional sport with a lot of money at stake... One loss can finish your earning potential... And the 'testing' if we can call it that, has no central authority or ownership. Under such circumstances it would be a bigger surprise to learn the sport was relatively clean than to find out they were all at it.

Just once a month.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 19 Jan 2016, 12:23 am

Can't blame her haz, she must find it difficult when you've got the decorators in.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 19 Jan 2016, 6:23 am

milkyboy wrote:Can't blame her haz, she must find it difficult when you've got the decorators in.

Ha!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5