The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury - Time to get real about him!!!

+17
rapidringsroad
Mr Bounce
Lance
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
TopHat24/7
huw
Happytravelling
Hammersmith harrier
BoxingFan88
milkyboy
catchweight
armchairwarrior
fearlessBamber
jimdig
AdamT
hazharrison
TRUSSMAN66
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tyson Fury - Time to get real about him!!! - Page 2 Empty Tyson Fury - Time to get real about him!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jan 2016, 1:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

This guy was thought of as pretty much a joke before the Wlad fight..........Think only non-Boxing fan Duty picked him to win.......

One fight later he's gone to a whole new dimension......respected all of a sudden....he's going to beat him...him and him !!.

What has really changed ?????

Beat a guy that either lost his bollox or was so stiff and old he couldn't throw more than five or so meaningfulful punches in the whole fight !!!...

If you thought he was a crap boxer before he beat Wlad.... there should be nothing that changes your opinion !!!!..

I don't think he's crap but I don't view him any different......

He intimidated Wlad who has feasted on smaller stiff after stiff and kudos to him for that......

But he's still the same fighter........Time some people got real !!..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury - Time to get real about him!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyson Fury - Time to get real about him!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jan 2016, 4:31 pm

Lance wrote:Wlad will have several months with little on his mind other than how to beat Fury. I think it would mean a lot for his legacy if he can turn this around. I think he will improve on his first performance and maybe Fury will have to too. Fury confused him as much as outboxed him and he too might need to land a bit more this time. I think it will be a much much better fight either way.

Wlad's problem is mental...Don't think Wlad was confused..Thought he was gun shy. .

Train all you want but you can't make your bollox bigger..

Fury decision. .

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury - Time to get real about him!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyson Fury - Time to get real about him!!!

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 19 Jan 2016, 4:53 pm

Wlad couldn't land the jab, couldn't get his range and therefore didn't want to commit, had Wlad committed and opened up he probably would have got knocked out

Fury will get better and will be more confident, I see it as an even wider victory for Fury, possibly by KO

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jan 2016, 4:55 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Wlad couldn't land the jab, couldn't get his range and therefore didn't want to commit, had Wlad committed and opened up he probably would have got knocked out

Not much hope for him then...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 19 Jan 2016, 7:23 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Lance wrote:Wlad will have several months with little on his mind other than how to beat Fury. I think it would mean a lot for his legacy if he can turn this around. I think he will improve on his first performance and maybe Fury will have to too. Fury confused him as much as outboxed him and he too might need to land a bit more this time. I think it will be a much much better fight either way.

Wlad's problem is mental...Don't think Wlad was confused..Thought he was gun shy. .

Train all you want but you can't make your bollox bigger

Fury decision. .

In fact depending on your choice of supplements, quite the opposite is more likely

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 19 Jan 2016, 7:55 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Train all you want but you can't make your bollox bigger..

Fury decision. .

Being gun shy after barely being hit in ten years is quite a feat.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 19 Jan 2016, 8:52 pm

The rematch with Wlad is going one of two ways - Wlad finds his punch and goes for broke, knocking Fury into next week, or it's the same again, but worse for Wlad. Win or lose, I think Wlad retires after this fight.

Props to Fury - he got inside Wlad's head and made him doubt, then proceeded to back it up by taking away his game plan as well. Well done Tyson.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Tue 19 Jan 2016, 9:24 pm

I've said this before but nobody seems to take much notice of the fact that Wlad had been beaten twice before and both by stoppages and Brewster and Sanders weren't top flight boxers. So Fury's win while unexpected wasn't such a great feat.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 20 Jan 2016, 6:49 am

rapidringsroad wrote:I've said this before but nobody seems to take much notice of the fact that Wlad had been beaten twice before and both by stoppages and Brewster and Sanders weren't top flight boxers. So Fury's win while unexpected wasn't such a great feat.

A good old revisionist's view. Fury's victory was one of Britain's greatest ever away wins.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 20 Jan 2016, 9:30 am

Hmmn I think most take plenty of notice of wlad's defeats.... And give his reign a big asterisk because of them. Well that and the boring jab and grab of the last 10 years.

He was a very different kind of fighter before Manny built a style for him - to avoid getting hit - fury is the first to defeat this reincarnation and the first ever to 'outbox' him. Whatever you think of the guy, you can't knock the win.

Joseph Parker might have done the same... And when he gets round to fighting someone with a pulse, we'll find out. Wink

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 9:46 am

Just hope Fury trains his ass off again like a challenger and not slack of in training camp.
If Wlad reverses the win, then a lot of big fights out there for Fury are not as big ala Wilder, AJ and Haye.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 20 Jan 2016, 11:16 am

Apparently it's been announced for May 7th @ The Allianz Arena in Munich

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 11:39 am

Nice, can't wait for that!!!

I'm surprised Wlad took it, he got totally out classed last time

For the love of boxing he cannot win, all the good work goes up in flames otherwise, boxing needs a heavyweight division, then maybe the lower divisions will stop being divas

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 20 Jan 2016, 11:42 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:Nice, can't wait for that!!!

I'm surprised Wlad took it, he got totally out classed last time

For the love of boxing he cannot win, all the good work goes up in flames otherwise, boxing needs a heavyweight division, then maybe the lower divisions will stop being divas

You have to love Fury going back over there after the dodgy ring, wraps etc.

Peter needs to get him back over pronto. All I've seen from him on social media are drunk clips with Lennox, Hughie and Povetkin etc.!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 1:08 pm

Am 100% sure that Wlad will not be so put off by Fury's demented head twitching this time and will at the very least dominate with the jab. Everything comes off of that so does that he wins for me.

Can't stand Fury. Is horribly average and I don't buy in to the "he seems nice" when he comes out with the most vile repulsive stuff and acts like he's trying to be Ali II but just comes across like a complete and utter special. And not that's being unkind to retards I know.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 2:11 pm

I'm not quite 100% sure...

But the way Haz is butt licking Fury...I'm starting to wonder whether I want Fury to win this time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 20 Jan 2016, 2:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm not quite 100% sure...

But the way Haz is butt licking Fury...I'm starting to wonder whether I want Fury to win this time..

By praising him for going back into the lion's den, where Klitschko will again attempt to leverage everything in his favour? Strange idea of butt-licking. Go and have a look back on one of your Floyd threads is you want to see a sh it-tongued sycophant at work!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 2:22 pm

If you like Fury good luck to you mate...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 20 Jan 2016, 2:24 pm

Coxy001 wrote:Am 100% sure that Wlad will not be so put off by Fury's demented head twitching this time and will at the very least dominate with the jab. Everything comes off of that so does that he wins for me.

Can't stand Fury. Is horribly average and I don't buy in to the "he seems nice" when he comes out with the most vile repulsive stuff and acts like he's trying to be Ali II but just comes across like a complete and utter special. And not that's being unkind to retards I know.

Has anyone told you that you act like a complete immature be11end before ??

Just saying.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 3:51 pm

Rodney wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:Am 100% sure that Wlad will not be so put off by Fury's demented head twitching this time and will at the very least dominate with the jab. Everything comes off of that so does that he wins for me.

Has anyone told you that you act like a complete immature be11end before ??

Just saying.

Cheers, Rodders

Has anyone ever told you that being a little keyboard warrior is pathetic? Fair enough if you gave a substantiated reason, but little dismissive trolling comments just make you seem like the aforementioned troll.

Has anyone ever told you that people may not actually be who they appear to be online? Or does that person give a sh*t what someone else thinks of their somewhat sarcastic way of delivering a reply to a forum topic?

Has anyone ever told you...... Sod it. Bored.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 4:00 pm

Maybe you should calm down..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 5:02 pm

Man some people really do hate Fury....

The heavyweight division is exciting again, its a massive shot in the arm for boxing

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by armchairwarrior Wed 20 Jan 2016, 5:03 pm

Klitschko wasn't so much just put off by Fury mate, he's admitted he didn't know how to deal with it period. Everytime Klitschko went to load up Fury changed stance on a whole variety of ways...no Fury read Klitschko like a book and regardless of whether you like him or not that's just fact. Klitschko is formulaic and not instinctive as a fighter and has done very very well in this respect by preparing meticulously and v early on making fighters fight his fight. Fury is his nemesis as he is as unpredictable as Klitschko is organised.

armchairwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 5:12 pm

armchairwarrior wrote:Klitschko wasn't so much just put off by Fury mate, he's admitted he didn't know how to deal with it period. Everytime Klitschko went to load up Fury changed stance on a whole variety of ways...no Fury read Klitschko like a book and regardless of whether you like him or not that's just fact. Klitschko is formulaic and not instinctive as a fighter and has done very very well in this respect by preparing meticulously and v early on making fighters fight his fight. Fury is his nemesis as he is as unpredictable as Klitschko is organised.

Totally agree

I remember Fury's rant about how annoyed he got when people thought Klitschko would beat him

Something to the words of

"You think some robot with 3 punches is going to beat me, jab jab grab, right hand, I'll make him look a fool and make it look easy"

Wish I could find it, might have been at one of the pressers

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2