The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6N 2016: France v Italy, 6 February

+25
mikey_dragon
stub
wales606
nathan
majesticimperialman
VinceWLB
TJ
Golden
LeinsterFan4life
RDW
Notch
eirebilly
maestegmafia
Adam D
Luckless Pedestrian
BamBam
geoff999rugby
sensisball
True Raven
funnyExiledScot
LondonTiger
Fanster
RuggerRadge2611
whocares
George Carlin
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

6N 2016: France v Italy, 6 February Empty 6N 2016: France v Italy, 6 February

Post by George Carlin Wed 20 Jan 2016, 12:13 pm

6N 2016: France v Italy, 6 February France116N 2016: France v Italy, 6 February Italy_10
FRANCE v ITALY
6 February 2016
KO: 15:25 CET
Stade de France, Paris

Live on FR2, DMAX, BBC, RTE, FR2, ITV(H)

Referee: JP Doyle (England)
Touch judges: [tbc]
Television match official: [tbc]

A. Head to Head

37 Played 37
34 Won 3
0 Drawn 0
3 Lost 34
1,101 Points 392

B. Recent Form

19 September 2015
Twickenham Stadium, London
32 – 10 to France

15 March 2015
Stadio Olimpico, Rome
0 – 29 to France

9 February 2014
Stade de France, Saint Denis
30 – 10 to France

3 February 2013
Stadio Olimpico, Rome
23 – 18 to Italy

4 February 2012
Stade de France, Saint Denis
30 – 12 to France

C. Teams

FRANCE
6N 2016: France v Italy, 6 February Julie_10
15 Maxime Medard
14 Hugo Bonneval
13 Gael Fickou
12 Jonathan Danty
11 Virimi Vakatawa
10 Jules Plisson
9 Sebastien Bezy

1 Eddy Ben Arous
2 Guilhem Guirado
3 Rabah Slimani
4 Paul Jedrasiak
5 Yoann Maestri
6 Damien Chouly
7 Wenceslas Lauret
8 Louis Picamoles

16 Camille Chat
17 Uini Atonio
18 Jefferson Poirot
19 Alexandre Flanquart
20 Yacouba Camara
21 Maxime Machenaud
22 Jean Marc Doussain
23 Maxime Mermoz

ITALY
6N 2016: France v Italy, 6 February Amy-ad10 
15 David Odiete
14 Leonardo Sarto
13 Michele Campagnaro
12 Gonzalo Garcia
11 Mattia Bellini
10 Carlo Canna
9 Edoardo Gori

1 Andrea Lovotti
2 Ornel Gega
3 Lorenzo Cittadini
4 George Biagi
5 Marco Fuser
6 Francesco Minto
7 Alessandro Zanni
8 Sergio Parisse

16 Davide Giazzon
17 Matteo Zanusso
18 Martin Castrogiovanni
19 Valerio Bernabo
20 Dries van Schalkwyk
21 Guglielmo Palazzani
22 Kelly Haimona
23 Luke McLean

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 12:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

6N 2016: France v Italy, 6 February Empty Re: 6N 2016: France v Italy, 6 February

Post by whocares Thu 04 Feb 2016, 11:45 am

I thought I'd "resurrect" that thread...

French team is out people :

Médard ; Bonneval, Fickou, Danty, Vakatawa ; Plisson, S. Bézy ; Lauret, Picamoles, Chouly ; Maestri, Jedrasiak ; Slimani, Guirado (cap), Ben Arous.

subs : Chat, Atonio, Poirot, Flanquart, Y. Camara, Machenaud, Doussain, Mermoz.

given the lack of personnel in the back 3 am relatively happy with this backline although am curious to see if Vakatawa has the stamina to last a full XV game given he has been on the 7s tour for over a year now. Bonneval is a full back as well but at least there is no Spedding.
My main concern is again Chouly who is only there to "run the line out" but he's taking the slot of much better flankers like Camara.

whocares

Back to top Go down

6N 2016: France v Italy, 6 February Empty Re: 6N 2016: France v Italy, 6 February

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 04 Feb 2016, 11:52 am

Just going to look at those pictures for a while... heart
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Thu 04 Feb 2016, 12:54 pm

I know the Italians are really struggling atm, and the French are probably heavy favourites, but my word there are some average players in that team, and question marks over others!!

The French national team is just losing a quality player pool to select from, and they seem to be making the best with what they have at present.

Wheres the youth? the potential, the future?? Wheres the flair going to come from? Where are they heading?

That said I do like Noves, and I think under him they'll be competitive, but more than likely he'll make them tough to beat at home first, then try to consider winning championships

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 04 Feb 2016, 1:21 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Just going to look at those pictures for a while... heart
Very Happy And Amy Adams was born in Italy. Who knew?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 04 Feb 2016, 1:26 pm

whocares wrote:I thought I'd "resurrect" that thread...

Médard ; Bonneval, Fickou, Danty, Vakatawa ;  Plisson,  S. Bézy ; Lauret, Picamoles, Chouly ; Maestri, Jedrasiak ; Slimani, Guirado (cap), Ben Arous.

given the lack of personnel in the back 3 am relatively happy with this backline although am curious to see if Vakatawa has the stamina to last a full XV game given he has been on the 7s tour for over a year now. Bonneval is a full back as well but at least there is no Spedding.
My main concern is again Chouly who is only there to "run the line out" but he's taking the slot of much better flankers like Camara.
WhoCares - what can you tell me about Jonathan Danty? Completely unfamiliar with him.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Thu 04 Feb 2016, 1:37 pm

a few of those players are quite young and/or uncapped so you might not know them very well Fanster : Bezy, Danty, Bonneval, Jedrasiak, Plisson and also Fickou are all younger than 25 so there is "potential" at least. Granted none of them are world beaters but I don't really care as long as they play more positive rugby. If you look at the Argentina squad, individually, there is maybe a couple of world class players but that doesn't prevent them to be a great team.
Overall it's quite a young and inexperienced squad compare to French teams of the past.

now, now... the new French Jersey looks particularly ugly :

http://www.ffr.fr/Equipes-de-France/Rugby-a-XV/XV-France/XV-de-France-Nouveau-maillot

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Thu 04 Feb 2016, 1:45 pm

Fickou is limited IMO, a poor mans Burrell. Bezy, Danty Bonneval and Plisson aren't going to be the next best thing, unless a strong upturn in quality i've seen happens.

Jedrasiak I know nothing about whatsoever, where and how is he playing?

It's a strange France side, but as critical as I have been of France pretty much since Fofanas wonder try v Ashton, and as little as i've expected from them there is the idea of Noves ability to turn them around.

I watch with baited breath...

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 04 Feb 2016, 1:47 pm

Beeb states Vakatawa has not played 15-man rugby since 2013. Is that really true?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 04 Feb 2016, 1:48 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Beeb states Vakatawa has not played 15-man rugby since 2013. Is that really true?
Erm Taking full contact from a rampaging loose forward is going to be a massive shock for him if that is the case.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 04 Feb 2016, 1:50 pm

Fanster wrote:Fickou is limited IMO, a poor mans Burrell. Bezy, Danty Bonneval and Plisson aren't going to be the next best thing, unless a strong upturn in quality i've seen happens.

Jedrasiak I know nothing about whatsoever, where and how is he playing?

It's a strange France side, but as critical as I have been of France pretty much since Fofanas wonder try v Ashton, and as little as i've expected from them there is the idea of Noves ability to turn them around.

I watch with baited breath...

Hmmm, I think I've been watching a different player. Fofana/Fickou is the way forward for France - real shame that Fofana is out.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Thu 04 Feb 2016, 1:55 pm

Jedrasiak is a 22 year old lock that plays at Clermont and really got into the first team this season.
Like you said none of those players will be the next big thing (though Bezy is quite good and could become the best SH of the NH one day) but it doesn't matter to me, it can only get better.

PS : Fickou is only 21, he might still improve while Burrell ... well am not so sure!

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Thu 04 Feb 2016, 1:59 pm

Plisson and Danty looked superb in the last round against Leicester.....I wouldn't write them off just yet Fanster

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Thu 04 Feb 2016, 2:03 pm

Is Fickou still just 21??? I thought he was 24/25, jees he made his debut young! Ok maybe thats part of the reason he seamed limited then.

Do you really rate Fofana? And where? He has offered little for France for about 3 years, granted he was partnered with a prop a lot of the time.

Bezy seems a bit Parra esque, he has wild moments and brain farts. Needs to work on his delivery too, but then his kicking game and eagerness to go is impressive.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by sensisball Thu 04 Feb 2016, 2:15 pm

Dante and Fickou have the potential to be the best French centre partnership for many a year. Dante played a pivotal role in the  Stade Francais T14 title run in last year. At first glace he looks like a slightly smaller Basteraud. However he has real acceleration, quick feet and explosive power in the contact. He also runs great lines and can pass well off both hands. With the pace and guile of Fickou outside him, this centre combo  have the potential to make a huge difference to how France go this year.

sensisball

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 04 Feb 2016, 2:16 pm

Fanster wrote:Fickou is limited IMO, a poor mans Burrell. Bezy, Danty Bonneval and Plisson aren't going to be the next best thing, unless a strong upturn in quality i've seen happens.

With respect to Fickou and Danty that is complete and utter drivel

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 04 Feb 2016, 2:18 pm

George Carlin wrote:
whocares wrote:I thought I'd "resurrect" that thread...

Médard ; Bonneval, Fickou, Danty, Vakatawa ;  Plisson,  S. Bézy ; Lauret, Picamoles, Chouly ; Maestri, Jedrasiak ; Slimani, Guirado (cap), Ben Arous.

WhoCares - what can you tell me about Jonathan Danty? Completely unfamiliar with him.

Danty is about as round as he is tall, looked very powerful with a decent step against Leicester. Put in one good pass for a try, but completely ignored another which seemed a more simple pass!

I think he could do well over the next few weeks

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Thu 04 Feb 2016, 3:14 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:

How can you argue with such a well reasoned, and thoughtfull response such as this? Congrats you win, they are world class.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Thu 04 Feb 2016, 3:31 pm

Fanster wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:

How can you argue with such a well reasoned, and thoughtfull response such as this? Congrats you win, they are world class.

To be fair, you did originally write them off without giving any reasoning yourself

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 04 Feb 2016, 3:45 pm

Fanster wrote:Wheres the youth? the potential, the future??

whocares wrote:a few of those players are quite young and/or uncapped so you might not know them very well Fanster : Bezy, Danty, Bonneval, Jedrasiak, Plisson and also Fickou are all younger than 25 so there is "potential" at least... Overall it's quite a young and inexperienced squad compare to French teams of the past.

Laugh

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 04 Feb 2016, 3:49 pm

True Raven wrote:
Fanster wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:

To be fair, you did originally write them off without giving any reasoning yourself

Exactly someone puts across a mindless diatribe and then complains when they are picked up on it.

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Thu 04 Feb 2016, 5:02 pm

to be fair am also not a fan of the Fofana of the last 2 seasons. He's a great line breaker but do not actually pass the ball more than Bastareaud really (probably less in fact). Think he's ok if he plays 13 outside of a second play maker at 12. As for Danty, Sensiball and Bambam nailed it : he's powerful and runs some good lines (as opposed to Bastareaud who just run straight) but is also capable of butchering some good try opportunities.

anyway Italian team is also named :
Odiete ; Sarto, Campagnaro, Garcia, Bellini ; Canna, Gori ; Zanni, Parisse, Minto ; Fuser, Biagi ; Cittadini, Gega, Lovotti.

subs : Giazzon, Zanusso, Castrogiovanni, Bernabo, Van Schalkwyk, Palazzani, Haimona, McLean.

Never heard of that new FH Canna ? does he play in the pro12?

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 04 Feb 2016, 5:13 pm

He plays for Zebre, but I haven't seen him play this season. He was at the World Cup.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Thu 04 Feb 2016, 8:15 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:
True Raven wrote:
Fanster wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:

Exactly someone puts across a mindless diatribe and then complains when they are picked up on it.

Who wrote anybody off, I said Fickou looks a bit limited like Burrell, then was told he was only 21 and responded thusly, if you'r not going to read the thread why comment? It's confusing.

I also stated that none of the younger players looked like they would become world beaters without an upswing from what I've seen, please tell me where in my statements has highlighted an agressive or bitter attack?

I don't understand why people are so actively looking to be offended, an opinion is an opinion is an opinion, when one responds with opinions as who cares did it becomes a pleasant and well resoned debate, comments such as the ones quoted above or pretty petty in nature.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Thu 04 Feb 2016, 9:29 pm

Fanster wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:
True Raven wrote:
Fanster wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:

Who wrote anybody off, I said Fickou looks a bit limited like Burrell, then was told he was only 21 and responded thusly, if you'r not going to read the thread why comment? It's confusing.

I also stated that none of the younger players looked like they would become world beaters without an upswing from what I've seen, please tell me where in my statements has highlighted an agressive or bitter attack?

I don't understand why people are so actively looking to be offended, an opinion is an opinion is an opinion, when one responds with opinions as who cares did it becomes a pleasant and well resoned debate, comments such as the ones quoted above or pretty petty in nature.

Who said anyone was offended Rolling Eyes

Although, yeah you're right saying fickou is a poor mans Burrell is not writing him off, it's a glowing endorsement Rolling Eyes

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Fri 05 Feb 2016, 12:18 am

True Raven wrote:
Fanster wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:
True Raven wrote:
Fanster wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:

Who said anyone was offended  Rolling Eyes

Although, yeah you're right saying fickou is a poor mans Burrell is not writing him off, it's a glowing endorsement Rolling Eyes

In all fairness he has the same attributes as Burrell but is behind on his development due to his age, hence he's a poor mans Burrell. As highlighted to you for the second time his age was a bit of a shock to me of which I adjusted my opinion.

Maybe eye rolls aren't an arrogant and passive agressive way of showing that ones offended?

You guys are so precious on this board, so very few actually want to debate as opposed to attack something they dislike or don't understand.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:04 pm

At the stadium now.

Top tier empty but amazing stadium.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:05 pm

6N 2016: France v Italy, 6 February Image10

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:10 pm

Enjoy the game Adam thumbsup Hope the security checks at the entrance were too much of a hassle.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:12 pm

Bon Chance mon amis !!!

I hope refuvinated France of old comes out today. Free thinking, free running backs and tough as granite forwards.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:14 pm

Security wasn't bad at all. 

Only problem is the beer is €7 and its non alcoholic!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:18 pm

Really interested to see how this French team plays today. Got a feeling they are going to steamroll Italy.

Have a good one Adam thumbsup
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:28 pm

Did Butler really describe Gori as world class??

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:28 pm

France to comprehensively dominate the Italian pack, opening up some big gaps for the backs is my prediction. Could be very one-sided. Hope I'm wrong.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:32 pm

Well it's more the other way around so far Notch

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:34 pm

I do love drop goals. Italy started very well.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:35 pm

Good to see (if you'll forgive me for saying so!) OK
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:45 pm

Picamoles out injured. Doesn't look good.
Vakatawa seems to have touched the line, try should have gone to the TMO.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:45 pm

Seeing Fijians in the 6 nations could be the norm in a few years.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:50 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Seeing Fijians in the 6 nations could be the norm in a few years.

A few more in the French under 20s team too.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:51 pm

Keep the updates coming you guys.

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:52 pm

Five - three to France.. Pocession predominantly French 60-40 but Italians are taking advantage of a poor French defence. But in attack the French look very good

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:53 pm

Though the Italians just nailed it over the line from a throw in..

5-8 Italy retake the lead

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:53 pm

Italian maul rumbles over the line to give Italy the lead!

Deserved on the balance of play. France not landing their kicks either. Could get interesting!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:54 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:Seeing Fijians in the 6 nations could be the norm in a few years.

Don't think they are Fidjian Maes, reckon they are from French PIs (New Caledonia, Wallis etc)....

Anyway good Italian try , good work from their forwards. Our lack of quality kicker might haunt us at some point...

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:55 pm

maestegmafia wrote:

Oh really? The Fijians really are producing a coveyer belt of talented backs.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 06 Feb 2016, 3:01 pm

The Italian defence is beyond poor.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 06 Feb 2016, 3:01 pm

Lovely quick tap pen by Fickou. Through the hands and Chouly gets in in the corner.

Missed conversion ten to eight

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 06 Feb 2016, 3:03 pm

Great to see Medard back in French colours

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 06 Feb 2016, 3:04 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:The Italian defence is beyond poor.

French attack is good though despite the Italian defense

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next