The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

+18
smashingstormcrow
Steffan
ShahenshahG
Nico the gman
Rodney
Happytravelling
AlexHuckerby
hazharrison
armchairwarrior
Ronikara
CallMeBenji
Hammersmith harrier
Pound-for-Pound
AdamT
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
Lance
shenglong2015
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 4:31 pm

Heard this is happening through a very reliable source.

Thoughts?

shenglong2015

Posts : 513
Join date : 2015-07-02

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Lance Wed 27 Jan 2016, 4:34 pm

Scott to box well but get robbed would be my bet.

Lance

Posts : 1712
Join date : 2011-10-29

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 4:35 pm

If he can't beat Scott...He can forget it...

Ko 2..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40607
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 4:38 pm

Will go a few rounds at least.

Scott is who AJ should have been targeting ahead of busted flush Chis.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 4:39 pm

Didn't Chisora batter Scott ?

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40607
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 4:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Didn't Chisora batter Scott ?

Yeah in 6, and Wilder took Scott out in 1 round....

shenglong2015

Posts : 513
Join date : 2015-07-02

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by AdamT Wed 27 Jan 2016, 4:47 pm

A step up at least. 2nd round ko.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Pound-for-Pound Wed 27 Jan 2016, 4:53 pm

No worries here, Haye has money and Scott has taken a dive before.....

Pound-for-Pound

Posts : 340
Join date : 2011-04-08
Location : Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 4:58 pm

They should have a big international Heavyweight tournament, sort it all out with Seedings etc.

8 Seeds: Fury, Wlad, Povetkin, Wilder, Pulev, Oriz, Martin and Haye

Non Seeds: Thompson, Chagaev, Parker, Stiverne, Joshua, Cunningham, Chisora, Takam

Like this:

Last 16:

A. Tyson Fury (1) v Tony Thompson
B. David Haye (8) v Ruslan Chagaev
C. Deontay Wilder (4) v Joseph Parker
D. Luis Ortiz (6) v Bermane Stiverne
E. Kubrat Pulev (5) v Anthony Joshua
F. Alexander Povetkin (3) v Steve Cunningham
G. Charles Martin (7) v Dereck Chisora
H. Wlad Klitschko (2) v Carlos Takam

Quarter Finals:

1. Winner A Fury v Winner B Haye
2. Winner C Parker v Winner D Ortiz
3. Winner E Joshua v Winner F Povetkin
4. Winner G Martin v Winner H Klitschko

Semi Finals:

Winner 1 Haye v Winner 2 Parker
Winner 3 Povetkin v Winner 4 Klitschko

Final

Parker v Klistchko

Winner: Wlad Klitschko

And back to normality, where everything was a lot more peaceful, and less garbage talked on 606v2.....

You can thank me later for clearing it all up.


shenglong2015

Posts : 513
Join date : 2015-07-02

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 27 Jan 2016, 4:58 pm

Pound-for-Pound wrote:No worries here, Haye has money and Scott has taken a dive before.....

Being wrongly stopped by the ref on the count of nine is hardly a dive now is it.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 4:59 pm

Pound-for-Pound wrote:No worries here, Haye has money and Scott has taken a dive before.....

Haye has money?

Ooops, someone hasn't been keeping up with their boxing news! lol.....

Bob Geldolf would need to put on a concert to clear Hayes debt.

"Hayaid"

shenglong2015

Posts : 513
Join date : 2015-07-02

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by CallMeBenji Wed 27 Jan 2016, 5:02 pm

There are probably various reasons why (venue availability etc), but why the hell is he waiting so long to come back? I don't see how this is what he seems to be describing as a quick turn around?

Surely if you're looking at getting back into contention then you should be fighting more regularly?

Seems to me that if you train extremely hard to get into top shape, injury free etc, then you should probably capitalise on being in that condition by securing another fight quickly ! Particularly when you're only intending to fight someone like Malik Scott !

CallMeBenji

Posts : 110
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 5:07 pm

CallMeBenji wrote:There are probably various reasons why (venue availability etc), but why the hell is he waiting so long to come back? I don't see how this is what he seems to be describing as a quick turn around?

Surely if you're looking at getting back into contention then you should be fighting more regularly?

Seems to me that if you train extremely hard to get into top shape, injury free etc, then you should probably capitalise on being in that condition by securing another fight quickly ! Particularly when you're only intending to fight someone like Malik Scott !

Agreed, he said after the last debacle, that he wanted to be out as regularly as he can, he wasn't going to waste this opportunity etc.

4 months, is quite a long time, and not what I would call "regularly", I mean if you keep up that form your out 3 times a year?

Is everything Haye says just garbage?

shenglong2015

Posts : 513
Join date : 2015-07-02

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 5:09 pm

Fighting twice in 5 months is remarkably regular for David Haye!!

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Ronikara Wed 27 Jan 2016, 5:11 pm

I'm praying this isn't true. I'm a Haye fan but if he's waiting 4 months to take on a guy blasted out in a round by wilder and dropped by non punching Chisora, then that is ridiculous. The guy isn't rated in the top 15 of any belt bar the WBC where he is a lofty number 12!

Ronikara

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by armchairwarrior Wed 27 Jan 2016, 5:22 pm

OK...well it's arranged now...then his 3rd fight MUST be competitive or its all nonsense. I think after he destroys Malik then he can say I'm ready to rumble and we all need to join his twitter and give him gentle (or not) reminders that it can't go on. Too imbalanced and an ego stroker to all intents and purposes- massive hype 4 miss matches can't keep happening if he's proved he's ready for a good quality opponent.

armchairwarrior

Posts : 203
Join date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 5:53 pm

armchairwarrior wrote:OK...well it's arranged now...then his 3rd fight MUST be competitive or its all nonsense. I think after he destroys Malik then he can say I'm ready to rumble and we all need to join his twitter and give him gentle (or not) reminders that it can't go on. Too imbalanced and an ego stroker to all intents and purposes- massive hype 4 miss matches can't keep happening if he's proved he's ready for a good quality opponent.

You mean his next outing?

Probably be 2017.

shenglong2015

Posts : 513
Join date : 2015-07-02

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by armchairwarrior Wed 27 Jan 2016, 5:57 pm

Your right!...he will need a rest after all that..he's getting on now bless him

armchairwarrior

Posts : 203
Join date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by hazharrison Wed 27 Jan 2016, 6:11 pm

Trying to figure out the angle here?

Scott is ranked 12 with WBC - is this Haye's route to Wilder?

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by armchairwarrior Wed 27 Jan 2016, 6:25 pm

Angle?...nah..don't think they are looking at it on that level

I reckon David will be active all year because he absolutely has to be. Most boxers apart from fury are respectful but skeptical. He's talked a lot, so inaction now would actually be curtains for him.

armchairwarrior

Posts : 203
Join date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 27 Jan 2016, 6:28 pm

armchairwarrior wrote:Angle?...nah..don't think they are looking at it on that level

I reckon David will be active all year because he absolutely has to be. Most boxers apart from fury are respectful but skeptical. He's talked a lot, so inaction now would actually be curtains for him.

I think you either downplay or don't appreciate how big a draw Haye actually is, the general public won't care who he fights or how often as long as he knocks them out.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 6:30 pm

Maybe they are though... ideally Hayes beats Scott with ease, get himself a ranking with the WBC then we sit back and watch Wilder go into meltdown as that footage of him being slapped in sparring by Haye starts doing the rounds.

That's how I'd do it anyways

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 6:31 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
armchairwarrior wrote:Angle?...nah..don't think they are looking at it on that level

I reckon David will be active all year because he absolutely has to be. Most boxers apart from fury are respectful but skeptical. He's talked a lot, so inaction now would actually be curtains for him.

I think you either downplay or don't appreciate how big a draw Haye actually is, the general public won't care who he fights or how often as long as he knocks them out.
Think we're talking more from the perspective of boxing fanswh would like to see decent competitive match-ups as opposed to the casuals who are pleased to be out on a Saturday night photobombing someone from TOWIE

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 6:35 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3418880/Frank-Bruno-aged-54-shows-ripped-physique-boxing-ring-fellow-British-legend-Ricky-Hatton.html

Get this legend in....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 27 Jan 2016, 6:42 pm

DAVE667 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3418880/Frank-Bruno-aged-54-shows-ripped-physique-boxing-ring-fellow-British-legend-Ricky-Hatton.html

Get this legend in....

He looks in better shape now than he did when he was boxing which is just insane.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by armchairwarrior Wed 27 Jan 2016, 6:44 pm

Hammersmith, I agree David is a brand and he's on a kind on roadshow now, but everything has a price and imo if he fought Malik and didn't fight until early 2017 even the public at large would be bored by him.

Also, I suspect the McGuigans want to be backing a success story in Haye now, not simply an ongoing pot boiler to get him some dough. It's their reputation to some degree and they seem to be building a good stable with a good ethos. Shane has said it's a goal to get him to be undisputed world champion. They are not fools or charlatans and they will also be making decisions about who he fights.

If it's the David Haye roadshow it needs to go on..not splutter and stall. Otherwise his stock will fall everywhere.


armchairwarrior

Posts : 203
Join date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 27 Jan 2016, 6:50 pm

You say that but he hadn't fought in the past three years and then comes back against a nobody, sells out quite easily with no real undercard and got pretty good numbers.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by armchairwarrior Wed 27 Jan 2016, 6:51 pm

Wow, I saw that this morning..awesome..I knows hes 54 but wouldn't it be great if Fr...no I'll just shut up lol

armchairwarrior

Posts : 203
Join date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by armchairwarrior Wed 27 Jan 2016, 6:58 pm

He did Hammersmith, but had the shoulder issues which were real..how much could someone keep messing about though...seriously..forever?...Yes he'd attract an audience but not the respect of fellow boxers or fans like us. And he wouldn't get near a title if the situation is the way it is now..with AJ further ahead, possibly Whyte still there, Wilder, Fury, maybe more..

At the moment there is a narrative to his comeback which has credibility at least. If he stopped for a year again what would be that narrative?..all marketing needs something!

armchairwarrior

Posts : 203
Join date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:03 pm

The McGuigan's must see something in both Haye and Groves to want to continue working with them. We'll see what Groves has left in the tank this weekend and as armchair says, their reputation (which is quite high due to Frampton's success) could take a bit of a battering if it transpires Haye is simply using them to make a few quid. I feel certain they've spoken at length about where they see Haye's career going and will have probably discussed the fact that, should it flounder or become a three ring circus, then they'll cut ties with him. They should be telling him this for the sake of Frampton's career as much as Haye himself.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:08 pm

armchairwarrior wrote:He did Hammersmith, but had the shoulder issues which were real..how much could someone keep messing about though...seriously..forever?...Yes he'd attract an audience but not the respect of fellow boxers or fans like us. And he wouldn't get near a title if the situation is the way it is now..with AJ further ahead, possibly Whyte still there, Wilder, Fury, maybe more..

At the moment there is a narrative to his comeback which has credibility at least. If he stopped for a year again what would be that narrative?..all marketing needs something!

I think that we as boxing fans have a false opinion of how much we actually matter because in the grand scheme of things we don't nor does being respected by your peers matter, respect doesn't get you title shots, money does though. You can guarantee that with the possible exception of Wlad that nobody could bring in more money than Haye, that talks at the end of the day and if he wants a title shot he'll get one.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by armchairwarrior Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:35 pm

Just about agree with you Hammersmith..at the moment and IF he keeps fighting. Reason being, Haye is at the moment still a marketing dream;v hard puncher, articulate, good looking and a hit with the ladies clearly, personable with the guys as well. Apart from Fury, all seem to like him and even when being critical boxers say that he's a good bloke. V frustrating to us fans..but other than that Universal appeal.. Frank Warren said the other day that he liked David.

Question your posing ultimately is if it's mostly about the money Haye brings for the others..can Haye fight 3 journeymen then Wilder or Fury or Martin. Haye is balanced too dangerously for Hearn to risk him with AJ - It's too snakes and ladders fighting Haye for anyone really up and coming...guess wait and see, but I differ with you on inactivity. If he stopped after May until 2017 and messed about partying etc I doubt the McGuigans would continue and he'd not get a shot from the title holders..as why should he.

armchairwarrior

Posts : 203
Join date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:38 pm

Agree Hammersmith, guys were avoiding others for a shot at Wlad for the bigger payday, but given the right opponent Haye can bring in a massive payday himself. If people were targeting Wlad they'll target Haye. Money is the thing that talks.

AlexHuckerby

Posts : 9201
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 32
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:39 pm

armchairwarrior wrote:Just about agree with you Hammersmith..at the moment and IF he keeps fighting. Reason being, Haye is at the moment still a marketing dream;v hard puncher, articulate, good looking and a hit with the ladies clearly, personable with the guys as well. Apart from Fury, all seem to like him and even when being critical boxers say that he's a good bloke. V frustrating to us fans..but other than that Universal appeal.. Frank Warren said the other day that he liked David.

Question your posing ultimately is if it's mostly about the money Haye brings for the others..can Haye fight 3 journeymen then Wilder or Fury or Martin. Haye is balanced too dangerously for Hearn to risk him with AJ - It's too snakes and ladders fighting Haye for anyone really up and coming...guess wait and see, but I differ with you on inactivity. If he stopped after May until 2017 and messed about partying etc I doubt the McGuigans would continue and he'd not get a shot from the title holders..as why should he.
Not just the ladies...............................what!?!?!?!?!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by armchairwarrior Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:41 pm

Ah..come on Dave..wish I could be like David Watts

armchairwarrior

Posts : 203
Join date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by hazharrison Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:42 pm

Scott still 4-1 to be his next opponent - how confident are you this info. is accurate?

Weirdly, someone called Fedosov is 5-1......

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:46 pm

I think Fedosov is a top ten in the ring magazine, or I could be thinking of some other general easterny European name...

AlexHuckerby

Posts : 9201
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 32
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by armchairwarrior Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:47 pm

A former world champion called Vitali something is 45, same age-ish as Briggs.He's been inactive for about 4 years?..perhaps Haye could fight him...couldnt been worse than other opponents mentioned and might be competitive..never know

armchairwarrior

Posts : 203
Join date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Happytravelling Wed 27 Jan 2016, 11:25 pm

I don't know why everybody is so negative about Haye fighting Scott? Scott best Thompson last time out.

It's hard to match fighters in the top 20 of any weight. Scott would be a decent opponent.

Who else was he going to fight?

Happytravelling

Posts : 889
Join date : 2011-07-23

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 12:34 pm

hazharrison wrote:Scott still 4-1 to be his next opponent - how confident are you this info. is accurate?

Weirdly, someone called Fedosov is 5-1......

I'll have you know my information comes from the best sources

shenglong2015

Posts : 513
Join date : 2015-07-02

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Rodney Thu 28 Jan 2016, 1:33 pm

Scrutinising Haye's HW record is the man a bit of a myth ? Has he actually beaten anyone in the top 10 ? Valuev is widely recognised as the worst HW belt holder of all time and Haye barely scraped past him. If this is true another complete waste of time.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 46
Location : Thirsk

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:16 pm

Barely scraped past him? Rodders, neither man threw much but Haye was by far the better man on the night. Valuev couldn't get near him. Had Haye not broken his hand he may have thrown more but whilst it was a dull fight, I doubt anyone in their right mind expected him to fight any other way against a man with an 11" height and 7 stone weight advantage.

He made Valuev swing and miss all night long. Floyd's done it for years against fighters but when he does it it's a masterclass. Oh well.......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by armchairwarrior Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:24 pm

Funny thing about Haye is anyone would think he hadn't been a unified cruiserweight champ and actually held a heavyweight title the way some talk about him...more than enough for most.

Wlad didn't fight Valuev..if he was that easy I bet he would..

I guess it's that Haye promises the heavens earth and universe on top of his achievements ..victim of his own mouth I guess

armchairwarrior

Posts : 203
Join date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Rodney Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:33 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Barely scraped past him? Rodders, neither man threw much but Haye was by far the better man on the night. Valuev couldn't get near him. Had Haye not broken his hand he may have thrown more but whilst it was a dull fight, I doubt anyone in their right mind expected him to fight any other way against a man with an 11" height and 7 stone weight advantage.

He made Valuev swing and miss all night long. Floyd's done it for years against fighters but when he does it it's a masterclass. Oh well.......

Come on Dave there was barely anything in it , I've only seen it the once mind. I just remember thinking a half dead Holyfield took it more and beat Valuev in better fashion than Haye.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 46
Location : Thirsk

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by armchairwarrior Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:34 pm

Agree about Holyfield Rodders..Holy was robbed

armchairwarrior

Posts : 203
Join date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:35 pm

There was no real argument for Valuev beating Haye, only one of them was landing however rarely it was.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Rodney Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:37 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:There was no real argument for Valuev beating Haye, only one of them was landing however rarely it was.

I agree thats why I said scraped past - hardly decisive in my memory.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 46
Location : Thirsk

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:38 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Barely scraped past him? Rodders, neither man threw much but Haye was by far the better man on the night. Valuev couldn't get near him. Had Haye not broken his hand he may have thrown more but whilst it was a dull fight, I doubt anyone in their right mind expected him to fight any other way against a man with an 11" height and 7 stone weight advantage.

He made Valuev swing and miss all night long. Floyd's done it for years against fighters but when he does it it's a masterclass. Oh well.......

Nagh had Valuev winning it tbh, by a few points too, Haye did nothing except for that punch they show over and over again on thins like Question of Sport.

He was poor, Holyfield beat Valuev fair though.

shenglong2015

Posts : 513
Join date : 2015-07-02

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:45 pm

Thought you'd have it to anyone not English, Sheng. Agree Holy was robbed but as soon as he got inside Valuev's reach and had to take a few shots to land his own he was always going to lose on the scorecards.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:49 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Thought you'd have it to anyone not English, Sheng. Agree Holy was robbed but as soon as he got inside Valuev's reach and had to take a few shots to land his own he was always going to lose on the scorecards.

Great believer of the old school, you have to really rip the belt off the champion on their home soil, Haye didn't.

An old Holy did though, really puts Hayes "achievement" into perspective.

For the record I have nothing wrong with English fighters, enjoy watching all the fights every weekend irrespective of nationality on Sky/Boxnation or even that new boxing channel Dave.

shenglong2015

Posts : 513
Join date : 2015-07-02

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena Empty Re: David Haye v Malik Scott - May 21st O2 Arena

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum