The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Gallagher

+10
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Pedro147
Baby faced assassin
Jermaine2015
Hammersmith harrier
hazharrison
milkyboy
AdamT
TRUSSMAN66
Rodney
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Joe Gallagher - Page 2 Empty Joe Gallagher

Post by Rodney Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Becoming a bit of a be11end isn't he ? Beginning to think he's the oracle of boxing.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Joe Gallagher - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe Gallagher

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:07 am

I don't doubt that Joe is a good trainer. But not as good as he makes himself out to be. I know all this he's self confident blah blah blah. But he's limelight seeking bellwiff. I think it irks him trainers in America are more thought of in boxing circles then they are in the UK.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:22 am

Not sure how good how a trainer he is. I find it hard to tell. Seems like an ar$ehole though. Maybe the Carl Froch of trainers? Not the most talented but built up a good record with the ability he has. Ar$ehole who who likes to massage his ego in front of the media.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:16 am

He didn't come across too well in that press conference a while back, surely it's not the job of the trainer to banter with an opponent , surely the trainers should leave the banter between the two fighters. Trainer can banter with trainer but not fighter surely. I don't think Barry would have appreciated that at all and rightly so.

The fight itself well both reasonable individuals so you haven't got a good guy bad guy angle but should be a good fight, is Carl the real deal or has Barry been a naughty boy and overhyped his man, for a long time I fancied Quigg for the upset, but this is one I just can't call who's to say  Carl won't box his head off. Quigg's got a great engine though and may be the puncher in this fight. Wouldn't like to separate them at this stage. Maybe it'll come to me.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:37 pm

I can't understand why Gallagher would feel the need to go with Scott Quigg to speak to Freddie Roach for advice and to learn from him, he's trained 3 world champions and numerous fighters hasn't he, strange one that.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:54 pm

"Mediocrity knows nothing better...Talent recognises genius".- Arthur Conan Doyle..

You never stop learning..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:00 am

Nothing wrong with a second opinion and any youngish boxer would love the chance to learn from Roach.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:35 am

If I'm the coach or trainer I'm doing it my way, don't need a 2nd opinion, everyone to their own I suppose.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2