The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Create a British and Irish league

+19
bedfordwelsh
SecretFly
Notch
Exiledinborders
Steve_rugby
Sin é
carpet baboon
TJ
Pot Hale
TrailApe
No 7&1/2
Cardiff Dave
GavinDragon
Hazel Sapling
Jimpy
PhilBB
LondonTiger
rodders
PotNoodleMiner
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Create a British and Irish league - Page 2 Empty Create a British and Irish league

Post by PotNoodleMiner Wed 02 Mar 2016, 4:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Anyone else think it would be a good idea to merge the pro 12 and aviva premiership together and have 2 top professional leagues where sides get promoted and relegated between the two? I think this would be a far more attractive league for supporters and players alike, especially as the english and celts have such a big rivalry, this could potentially attract more supporters to games, generate more money and help towards growing the game?

PotNoodleMiner

Back to top Go down

Create a British and Irish league - Page 2 Empty Re: Create a British and Irish league

Post by PhilBB Fri 11 Mar 2016, 9:43 am

marty2086 wrote:

Well are you going to admit you were wrong when you said the tv deal shouldn't help see a change in those turning a profit?

As someone on here stated at some point there are 4 who turn a profit and Wasps should be on that list now too though I don't think thats official

My recollection of Healeys article was he had said most do rather than the majority will, I was wrong, unlike some I am capable of saying Im wrong rather than telling people what they said or what they were thinking to move the goalposts when Im wrong

I made no comment on those already turning a profit.

Good to see you've changed on admitting your errors. Let's hope that continues.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Create a British and Irish league - Page 2 Empty Re: Create a British and Irish league

Post by marty2086 Fri 11 Mar 2016, 9:45 am

PhilBB wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Well are you going to admit you were wrong when you said the tv deal shouldn't help see a change in those turning a profit?

As someone on here stated at some point there are 4 who turn a profit and Wasps should be on that list now too though I don't think thats official

My recollection of Healeys article was he had said most do rather than the majority will, I was wrong, unlike some I am capable of saying Im wrong rather than telling people what they said or what they were thinking to move the goalposts when Im wrong

I made no comment on those already turning a profit.

Good to see you've changed on admitting your errors.  Let's hope that continues.

There you go again, I claimed you said already

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 11 Mar 2016, 11:19 am

marty2086 wrote:

In comprehensible English, please?
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 11 Mar 2016, 3:40 pm

PhilBB wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

In comprehensible English, please?

You're usually able to tell people what they mean so work your magic thumbsup

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 18 Mar 2016, 11:25 pm

It's a nice idea. In theory we have 39 weeks of club season each season, as well as 2-3 weeks of preseason. Then a 10 week break.

Provided we scrapped pre-season friendlies, and had no other competition it is theoreticaly possible to have a 22 team league played over 42 weeks. Or 12 English and 10 Celtic teams.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2