The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+43
Good Golly I'm Olly
Mad for Chelsea
Scott is Back
JDizzle
dyrewolfe
Jermaine2015
temporary21
TRUSSMAN66
daraghj82
Born Slippy
Lowlandbrit
nadeem2099
1GrumpyGolfer
Mackem
MIG
President Trump
Marky
LivinginItaly
Holymiky
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Ent
sportform
hornbloweroafc
Azzy
compelling and rich
Mat
hampo17
lfc91
GSC
guildfordbat
westisbest
Stella
dummy_half
Alistair
Breadvan
Geordie
sirfredperry
Duty281
Dolphin Ziggler
Corporalhumblebucket
NickisBHAFC
Hero
Crimey
47 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 17 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Crimey Wed 02 Mar 2016, 8:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

This would be a huge day for Leicester if it stays like it is.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 17 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:22 pm

He's been terrible for getting the two big decisions absolutely spot on.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 17 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by compelling and rich Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:22 pm

not much in that one

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:22 pm

That one wasn't a penalty
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:23 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:He's been terrible for getting the two big decisions absolutely spot on.

Vardys dive was an easy decision - he got 3 penalties wrong.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:23 pm

yeah first major mistake really

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:23 pm

Yes Leciester!

What a game, what a season. What a football club!

Cresswell what a strike, should be England's left back.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:24 pm

Weak refereeing, bowing to the pressure.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:24 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Weak refereeing, bowing to the pressure.

Thought he got the big decisions spot on...

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:25 pm

He got the two big decisions against Leicester right then ruined it with a shocker.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:26 pm

Just some anti Leicester sentiment really, good to see.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:27 pm

It's not anti Leicester sentiment at all, everyone wants to see them win but you seem to be of the opinion that decisions can't go against them.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:28 pm

Can I complain about the ref? Or am I being bitter?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:29 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:It's not anti Leicester sentiment at all, everyone wants to see them win but you seem to be of the opinion that decisions can't go against them.

You seem to think a ref is good for giving decisions against them when really he was poor.

Like I said, nice to see some anti Leicester stuff going on - variety is the spice of life.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:30 pm

Ent being typical as ever. Even gonna mention that Leicester's goal shouldn't have stood for the foul in the box? And the equaliser is never a pen. But it's cos we're no good that these decisions affect us, not incompetence

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:30 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Can I complain about the ref? Or am I being bitter?

Loses its effect when you do it after every game Wink

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:30 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Ent being typical as ever. Even gonna mention that Leicester's goal shouldn't have stood for the foul in the box? And the equaliser is never a pen. But it's cos we're no good that these decisions affect us, not incompetence

Already said the ref was crap.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:32 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:It's not anti Leicester sentiment at all, everyone wants to see them win but you seem to be of the opinion that decisions can't go against them.

You're spot on HH
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:34 pm

Decisions need to be correct, the direction they go in is neither here nor there. There were lots of incorrect decisions today.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:34 pm

Why is anyone surprised by what Jon Moss does?

I mean really most weeks there is a team complaining at him being incompetent Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:35 pm

Basically just got scared. No bottle and shouldn't be back in the Prem. All he was doing was levelling it up

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:36 pm

Throughout the game he got things wrong, look at Vardys first yellow for example.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:37 pm

Didn't notice the ref warning Huth and Morgan, they can't complain to be fair.

I will say that is definitely a dive from Reid, not moving at much speed and minimal contact.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:42 pm

- Vardy dive was definitely a dive. Correct.
- West Ham penalty was a penalty (Reid has milked it though), but you have to be consistent on these things. Seems nonsense that he's been letting them go all game and then suddenly gives one.
- Leicester penalty is soft. Carroll should never give him the opportunity to go down there, but it still isn't a penalty.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:56 pm

There was contact, the West Ham player had a hand on Vardy's shoulder then arm.  There may have also been contact with the feet, they were very close.  But it looked like Vardy could have run on and scored but he seemed to launch himself upwards a little into what looked like a dive.  So there was contact but there was nothing in that contact that looked like preventing Vardy from staying on his feet and scoring.  I think as refereeing decisions go it was a defendable yellow card - and not a big deal.  It was only a big deal in the context of the game and in the context of the rest of the season.  Vardy will miss the next game against Swansea.

PS The Referee was behind the action so would not have been able to see the precise nature of the contact (in particular if there was a tanglement of feet) - so he was working on overall shape of the falling over - and this did seem to be dive like.

Last edited by Nore Staat on Sun 17 Apr 2016, 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 17 Apr 2016, 4:00 pm

JDizzle wrote:- Vardy dive was definitely a dive. Correct.
- West Ham penalty was a penalty (Reid has milked it though), but you have to be consistent on these things. Seems nonsense that he's been letting them go all game and then suddenly gives one.
- Leicester penalty is soft. Carroll should never give him the opportunity to go down there, but it still isn't a penalty.

They were just all dives plain and simple in my opinion.

It isn't something I agree with but the ref has told huthcand Morgan to stop holding and they've kept doing it. They can't really complain.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Apr 2016, 5:00 pm

Very classy post match interview given by Claudio Ranieri:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36067721

He certainly gives the appearance of calm and appreciation of their position and this probably rubs off onto his players.  He focuses on the facts of the game, the now and the future - rather than moaning on the should haves and might haves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Apr 2016, 5:39 pm

Arsenal 1-1 Crystal Palace - Bolasie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 17 Apr 2016, 5:40 pm

Cechs dropped that in.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 17 Apr 2016, 5:56 pm

One of the most Arsenal performances ever
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 17 Apr 2016, 5:57 pm

Arsenal following there season script once again. What a boring club.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 17 Apr 2016, 6:01 pm

4 points behind both city and arsenal.

Their remaining fixtures look straight forward but they do play each other in the penultimate game.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 17 Apr 2016, 6:08 pm

We should be right in that. Ridiculous. 

No idea how you can say Reid dived. He runs and is shoved whilst running at pace. Most importantly, Morgan has fouled him because he shoves him.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Sun 17 Apr 2016, 6:16 pm

Not another dodgy penalty decision? Wink

So, we will be seeing a new name on the trophy this season. Tottenham need a point tomorrow, with Leicester having Swansea next plus Everton, who's league form has been patchy.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 18 Apr 2016, 4:23 am

From the highlights it looked like ref completely lost control of the game, though it was initially a good (and brave) decision to book Vardy. Leicester's equalising penalty at the end ridiculously soft - looked to me like the ref capitulated to the pressure of the situation. Could and should have been several other penalties earlier, at least one of them to Leicester.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 18 Apr 2016, 9:06 am

Ent wrote:
GSC wrote:
Ent wrote:Should lose his job by that logic.

A ref is either impartial or he isn't.

Sorry Ent, that is a nonsense comment.

Shall we only recruit referees that hate football. As long as referees are kept clear of games they could be perceived to be biased, then theres no real issue.

It is basically doubting their character, they can either ref games or they can't. I'd have left him on that game, he's a professional.

It isn't really to do with that. I don't think they are doubting the referee's professionalism, they are doubting the football media and fans' ability to acknowledge the referee can be professional. If he had to make a big decision in that game against Tottenham, it would create a furore that is easily avoidable if he's just swapped games. It puts unnecessary focus on the referee.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 18 Apr 2016, 10:02 am

However they are the ones creating the media attention by withdrawing him.

Also the fa are not here to bow to the media, they are here to run the game.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 18 Apr 2016, 10:37 am

They are withdrawing him to avoid it. Can you imagine if Friend gave that penalty yesterday and pictures emerged of him at a Leicester game for example.

Itd be an absolute ****storm.

They took any and all potential controversy out of it with a sensible move. I really don't get the issue here. To 99% of the world its just a sensible thing to do on multiple levels.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 18 Apr 2016, 10:42 am

I mean the FA routinely avoid putting refs in games where fandom may give rise to bias claims. Its only a story now its at the end of the title race.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Mon 18 Apr 2016, 10:44 am

GSC wrote:They are withdrawing him to avoid it. Can you imagine if Friend gave that penalty yesterday and pictures emerged of him at a Leicester game for example.

Itd be an absolute ****storm.

They took any and all potential controversy out of it with a sensible move. I really don't get the issue here. To 99% of the world its just a sensible thing to do on multiple levels.

I dont think the problem is the fact he is not refereeing the game, its the way its played out. This could have all been avoided by not allocating him the game in the first place. The fact they give it to him, and then removed him, almost looks like the FA question his integrity, and automatically makes people suspicious.

If he hadnt have been given the game in the first place, nobody would be any wiser for it!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 18 Apr 2016, 10:52 am

I would imagine the FA filter out known affiliations (I.e a ref who grew up supporting Newcastle could not ref Newcastle or Sunderland games). As the Spurs "rivalry" is pretty ad hoc, it probably got added last minute. Dunno how long in advance refs get assigned to games tbh.

But still. I really cant see any real reason to be suspicious. The FA are protecting themselves and their refs against accusations of bias,and with the amount gambled on the PL, these things can quickly spiral.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 18 Apr 2016, 11:23 am

When becoming a ref you have to put down clubs you support or have an affiliation to. you'd have thought the FA would have known not to put him on a spurs game tbh with leicester going for the title.

This just opens a big hole up for a lot of complaints tbh in future over ref assignments.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 18 Apr 2016, 12:25 pm

He's not a Leicester fan. He's a Bristol City fan. He just went to a Leicester game this year with some friends.

The FA have shown no balls, and it's sad people would actually kick off.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 18 Apr 2016, 12:38 pm

I think the FA just took the safe and sensible approach to remove any chance of anything coming out of it. At no cost to anyone.

Its sad the conspiracy theorists are out to try and make something from nothing.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 18 Apr 2016, 4:58 pm

Well thats what it is. The FA have bowed down because theyre scared someone will make a big deal out of it. However, a statement about the integrity of their referees would have shown some faith

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 18 Apr 2016, 5:01 pm

It was Spurs fans on social media that brought it up in the 1st place.

If you judge a ref on by where they live then your going to run out of refs very quickly for certain games Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 18 Apr 2016, 5:15 pm

Vardy charged with improper conduct.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 18 Apr 2016, 7:19 pm

Doesn't surprise me the FA are idiots, What they were expecting him to do when the ref sends him off for diving. He's hardly going to ok you got me. It was hardly the worse reaction to a red card, Chelsea players do worse then that when one of their teammates been sent off.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 18 Apr 2016, 7:26 pm

He screamed in his face, aggressively jabbing his finger at him, calling him a f***ing c**t. Whats he supposed to do? Not that.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 18 Apr 2016, 7:26 pm

Rugby players don't react like that so it's a crap excuse Nando.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 18 Apr 2016, 7:36 pm

You see players every week swearing at the ref. So just cos he pointed at him he gets an extra game ban. Sure why not.

I suppose we're start seeing more bannings for people going f**k off ref? I doubt it. You either ban the lot or ban no one. It doesn't matter weather he's call the ref a c*nt,W**ker or tells him to f**k off it's still swearing and it's still an red card offence that gets often wrongly overlooked.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next