The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Nights Action SPOILERS

+3
RanjitPatel
BoxingFan88
mobilemaster8
7 posters

Go down

Last Nights Action SPOILERS Empty Last Nights Action SPOILERS

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 6 Mar - 8:25

Great night of action all over the place last night.

Browne comes from behind to stop Chagaev in 10.....pretty even through 4-5 then Chagaev took over dropping Browne hard in the 7th and seems to wobble him often....a good round in the 8th for Browne who just threw shots on instinct before landing a peach cross come uppercut bang on the chin....went in for the kill and promptly got it.

Bradley Skeet put on a boxing lesson used the jab well and kept to strict game plan.

Jesse Vargas knocks out Ali....leading on my card through 8 rounds, comes out and just puts Ali away with a peach right hand and a follow up after an 8 count. Great fight.

Ortiz blasted out Thompson in 6.....expected

On a side note if your interested mcgregor got submitted by Diaz.

The end.

Discuss.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Last Nights Action SPOILERS Empty Re: Last Nights Action SPOILERS

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 6 Mar - 9:15

Thought mcgregor looked great was smashing up Diaz not sure what happened he fell apart in about 20 seconds

Lucas browne will be easy work for the rest of the division will be more hunted than Martin

Haven't seen the other two yet

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Sun 6 Mar - 10:06

Mcgregor seemed to gas badly. Thought he'd be in trouble with the way he was blowing going back at the end of the first. Seems a trend is starting that when an MMA fighter says they could beat Floyd, they lose. Rousey and Mcgregor. Hopefully that'll be the last.

Quite enjoyed the Holm v Tate fight even though it was very slow paced at times.

Thought Skeete won clearly and boxed well. The defensive display he showed in the 7th is one of the best I've seen for quite a while at this level.

Haven't seen the other fights.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 6 Mar - 11:44

Very pleased to see Diaz win last night, the weight will be blamed but it's just a case of one of them fighting at a natural weight whilst the other boils down to beat up smaller men. Hopefully defeat will see Mcgregor keep his mouth shut.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 6 Mar - 15:27

Quite like McGregor, says what he thinks, hypes it up.

I think most fights were upsets last night.

Skeete beat Eggington who was a slight favourite.

Browne sparks Chagaevs, big upset win.

Ali was 1/3 on most sites outright and Vargas KOed him, has never knocked out an even decent operator then arguably the second best fighter he is in against, he sparks.

Antoine Douglas (you need to see this fight if you haven't) against a guy who's name I literally am not going to attempt to pronounce.

Robinson Castellanos was upset by Oscar Escandon last night too.

Basically only one to go to any form of plan was Ortiz Koing Thompson, mad night of boxing.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 6 Mar - 15:58

Browne beating Chagaev was the only real shock out of that lot, Vargas stopping Ali was unexpected but the result itself doesn't strike me as too shocking.

In hindsight Alex I think you over rated Castellanos based on wins over a couple of shells; Juarez had nothing left nor did Caballero have much left, the Alvarado fight is probably more indicative of his level.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 6 Mar - 16:24

Huge Conor fan, but he lost to the better tougher fighter. I always liked Diaz too. He is a tough c..t.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 6 Mar - 16:25

I'm not your biggest fan, but I definitely agree with your post hammer. He does like boiling down, to bully smaller fighters.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 7 Mar - 0:10

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Browne beating Chagaev was the only real shock out of that lot, Vargas stopping Ali was unexpected but the result itself doesn't strike me as too shocking.

In hindsight Alex I think you over rated Castellanos based on wins over a couple of shells; Juarez had nothing left nor did Caballero have much left, the Alvarado fight is probably more indicative of his level.

Juarez beat Alvarado after Castellanos lost to him, who then was beaten by Castellanos, which creates a difficult situation in garnering just how good he is. Plus I thought stylistically Escandon was a little like Ronny Rios, who was undefeated and on the move at the time. I think the lay off really hurt him personally. But you could be right, perhaps he never was that good and certain performances flattered him. Think a lot of people were surprised with Vargas beating Ali, Ali was being pretty hyped up and was a 1/3 on favourite. Though him stopping him was the main surprise.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 7 Mar - 0:11

Oh and the Antoine Douglas fight was a big upset also, Douglas was being touted.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 7 Mar - 12:32

Browne was the most interesting win. Think the v2 guys have had him on podcast or some kind of interview and he was apparently a really nice bloke.

The interesting bit is that, if AJ beats Martin, then Browne could be a logical semi-unification fight - it'll make him more money than the rest of his career combined I suspect.

And THAT could/would set up AJ-Fury as AJ would hold the 'regular' WBA and Fury the 'Super' presuming he gets past Wlad a second time.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 7 Mar - 18:49

I think by part of the WBA tournament, hell be fighting Fres Oquendo next. If they stick to that of course plusnits a winnable fight for him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down