The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Nights Action

3 posters

Go down

Last Nights Action Empty Last Nights Action

Post by thorpy17 Sun 22 May 2011, 2:24 pm

Alright lads, I used to post a bit on the old 606 but haven't been on for a few months and have just been directed to this site.

I am chuffed for George Groves and thought the fight was a brilliant spectacle. It needed to be, because the Gavin fight bored me to tears and the Cleverly bout was pretty much a non-event. For me there are still question marks surrounding Cleverly and he gets tagged far too often. In my opinion he would get schooled by Hopkins and is could do with another couple of fights before he looks towards unification.

Also, Bradley Skeete was unable to fight because the 02 had a kerfew of 11.30pm and could not have any fights after this time. This is a disgrace, surely you work on the basis that every fight goes the distance when scheduling? The lad has trained for his fourth pro fight and sold tickets to those hoping to see him.

thorpy17

Back to top Go down

Last Nights Action Empty Re: Last Nights Action

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 22 May 2011, 2:31 pm

i only managed to see the groves fight and am suprized that the crowd were booing, i thought it was a great fight, marvelous tatics by groves and a great win.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 22 May 2011, 2:33 pm

Spot on there really. I like Cleverly but his defence is terrible and he's going too end up getting knocked out sooner or later.

Bradley Skeete must be gutted about what happened couldn't they have just squeezed his fight in possibly? Its a shame for him and he probably won't end up fighting until July now on the Mitchell-Murray card.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 22 May 2011, 2:34 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:i only managed to see the groves fight and am suprized that the crowd were booing, i thought it was a great fight, marvelous tatics by groves and a great win.

I think the crowd were booing Degale and his dirty tactics using his elbow.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down