The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indy Promotions Discussion Thread

+11
Bull
The_Enigma
Gregers
ncfc_Tooze
Kay Fabe
talkingpoint
Dr Gregory House MD
Fernando
ADMIN
Holymiky
AberdeenSteve
15 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Indy Promotions Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Indy Promotions Discussion Thread

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 03 Jun 2011, 9:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Thought I'd create a thread for those who are interested in the Indy wrestling fed Ring of Honor to discuss or post any news referring to the company.

Probably won't be too busy on here but just thought i'd post a link to the ROH website to start some discussion.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/june-2nd-newswire-2/

It's been announced that the ROH Tag Titles will be defended at Best In The World 2011 by TWGTT against The Briscoes, The All Night Express AND The Kings of Wrestling in a Fatal Four Way Elimination match. That will be Tag Team wrestling at its finest.

I am also incredibly looking forward to the World Title bout between Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards. I can see Richard's stealing this one.

What are everyone elses thoughts?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Indy Promotions Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Indy Promotions Discussion Thread

Post by Fernando Wed 22 Jun 2011, 7:21 pm

Ring of Honor Officials Statement on Steve Corino's recent video message regarding Kevin Steen

(June 20, 2011- Bristol, PA) – As the appointed members who jointly oversee the activities in Ring of Honor (ROH) we must address the recent video message from Steve Corino which aired on Thursday, June 16th, 2011.

After examining the situation and the direct message itself, the decision has been made to inform Mr. Corino that Kevin Steen will not be allowed in the Hammerstein Ballroom on June 26th, 2011. If Mr. Corino chooses to repudiate this decision he will face immediate punitive consequences.

The request to allow Jimmy Jacobs in the corner of Mr. Corino on June 26th, 2011 was a perilous decision that was met with approval due to various circumstances. However, Kevin Steen appearing on an ROH event is a zero tolerance subject that is not up for debate. If ROH staff or officials encounter Mr. Steen at anytime he will be ejected from any venue in which an ROH event is being held.

he'll be back always enjoyed watching steen wrestle

steen, jacobs and corino in a group? this is going to end badly

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Indy Promotions Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Indy Promotions Discussion Thread

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:01 pm

First pairing correct Nando OK

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:04 pm

3rd team out are the briscoes

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 24 Jun 2011, 11:20 pm

Here's a great blog on ROH this weekend:

This weekend will be the third in a row that has seen a wrestling pay-per-view available from a North American promotion. Two weeks ago we had TNA’s (predictably) disappointing Slammiversary IX and last week we had WWE’s Capitol Punishment. This weekend it’s the turn of Ring of Honor as they present their latest internet pay-per-view, Best in the World.

This being an RoH show we can expect a heavier emphasis on in-ring competition. The current crop of storylines have been given a slower, more methodical build, which is preferable to the rushed approach of WWE or TNA. The biggest match of the show, Davey Richards v Eddie Edwards, has several years of history to fall back on, and the match itself has been building since March. It’s a refreshing and enjoyable approach and something RoH does particularly well.

Davey Richards challenged for the Ring of Honor title twice last year, once again Tyler Black and once against Roderick Strong. He lost both title challenges but beat both men in various non-title situations. As far as fans were concerned he was the uncrowned RoH champion as 2010 ended. But losing to Strong caused Richards to have a change of heart: he no longer wished to be known as the ‘Best in the World’ (a chant a select few RoH wrestlers hear upon gaining the respect of the fans) because he didn’t have the title to prove it. He said he would work on perfecting his craft before requesting another title match.

And that’s what Davey has been doing this year: facing the best wrestlers RoH has in order to hone his game in preparation for his next title challenge. It’s a simple plot that can be followed with the minimum of attention.

But while Davey was honing and perfecting Eddie Edwards shockingly captured the title from Strong in his first ever shot. As soon as it happened everybody knew Richards and Edwards would end up facing one another, it was just a question of when. The two men addressed the situation in the ring at Honor Takes Center Stage, where Davey stated he didn’t want to face Eddie for the world championship as he didn’t want to be the one to end his reign. This unintentionally arrogant remark naturally led to tension between the two men, which contributed to their loss to the World’s Greatest Tag Team in a match later that evening. The same thing happened at Revolution: USA. Only after that match did Davey finally relent and agree to face Edwards for the championship.

The importance both men place on the world title and their years of working as a tag team should ensure that Sunday’s main event has a big fight feel. They’re two of the hardest working men in the company and their styles should complement one another well. In their one previous encounter (in the finals of the RoH Television championship tournament) they put together a good match, and I’m sure they’ll do the same here. As long as the crowd’s vocal (and I’m sure they will be) this should be a match of the year contender.

As far as picking a winner goes I think Eddie will retain in a time limit draw. For the last year Davey has been built up as the guy who can’t “win the big one” and it would be uncharacteristic of Ring of Honor to book such a short world title reign (if Eddie were to lose he would have held the title for just over three months), so I can’t see Richards winning. Plus the fact that this is one of the promotions most lucrative pairings so they’ll want to leave the door open for a rematch. By doing a draw neither man can say they are a conclusive winner and a rematch will be the next natural step in the rivalry. I expect things will start with a handshake but won’t end so well: Davey could be headed for a sore loser-based heel turn.

Best in the World is far from a one match show. The centrepiece of the undercard is the four team tag team championship match which sees Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin defending against the Kings of Wrestling, Jay and Mark Briscoe and the All Night Express. The past six months have seen these four teams established as the focus of the company’s tag division. They’ve all faced each other in standard doubles bouts, there have been various singles combinations, and there was an excellent eight man tag match which saw the Kings of Wrestling and the All Night Express take on the Briscoes and the WGTT towards the end of the run on HDNet. This four way match is the natural climax to the reemphasis on the RoH tag division. It could get busy but I’m sure it will be a massively enjoyable match. I’d love to see the Kings walk out as three time tag champions but I suspect Haas and Benjamin will retain.

The Colt Cabana v Tommaso Ciampa and Homicide v Rhino (yes, the former ECW wrestler) matches should both be enjoyable but neither is likely to steal the show. The Cabana match will see the usual comedy routine before Ciampa gets the victory to keep his winning streak alive, though there may be some interference from the Embassy to stop Cabana from looking too weak.

Homicide hasn’t really been given much to do since returning to RoH last year: his feud with Strong for the world title was flat and his more recent disagreement with the Embassy has done little to excite fans. On the plus side this show is being held in New York, the one place guaranteed to react favourably to Homicide. I predict a victory for the ‘Notorious 187’ and a solid performance from Rhino. I hope this earns him a regular spot on the roster: he strikes me as a good fit for an enforcer for Prince Nana.

On the subject of former TNA stars: Jay Lethal makes his return to Ring of Honor at Best in the World to face Mike Bennett. I’ve always appreciated Lethal’s ring work but his lack of charisma has always prevented me from fully warming to him. His impersonations of Randy Savage and Ric Flair are very good but they’re not a substitute for a personality of his own. Bennett works what could be described as a “sports entertainment” style which I don’t think will mesh well with Lethal’s. I’d like to be proven wrong, but I don’t have much hope of this match being anything special. I’ll pick Bennett to win because they’ve spent a while building him up now and I don’t think he’ll be sacrificed to Lethal.

Steve Corino v Michael Elgin is a rare instance of an RoH match that’s more interesting because of a storyline than for the match itself. Last month at Supercard of Honor Corino revealed Jimmy Jacobs as his sponsor on his quest to becoming “a good person”. Basically Corino wants to move away from being a heel and has asked Jacobs to help him. It’s been an enjoyable story so far mainly because it’s so different to what we’re used to seeing from wrestling stories.

In recent video updates it has been revealed that Kevin Steen has also supposedly changed for the better and Corino wants him brought back to the company for support. Steen’s recent Twitter name change (from @KillSteenKill to @SteenIsChange), Jim Cornette’s commenting that Steen would not be welcome at the show, and Corino saying he’s already bought Steen a ticket has all had the desired effect of creating intrigue concerning a Steen return. I’d like to see him back in the company and I think this show would be the perfect platform for the return.

The winner of the match will likely be Elgin, but as I say the continuation of Corino’s road to sobriety storyline and possible appearances from Jacobs and Steen are far more interesting.

Finally, there’s TV champion Christopher Daniels’ title defence against El Generico. I predicted a few months ago that ‘The Generic Luchadore’ could be headed towards a TV title victory so I’ll pick him as the winner. Not only would that take the title off of a TNA performer (which has to be an issue for RoH decision makers) but it would further raise the profile of Generico, provide a title change for the show (which I suspect the company would like) and advance the House of Truth v Cabana and Generico feud. If they get fifteen minutes or more this match could be exceptional.

I’d like to point out that if you’re in the UK (as I am) then the 4pm bell time for US viewers means a 9pm start time here. I’m not sure if that was a conscious decision from RoH (I suspect it wasn’t) but it works out well for us and it’s something I’d like to see the company continue to do semi-occasionally as it will help to encourage UK fans to purchase shows.

Will it be the biggest show in Ring of Honor history as has been claimed? It’s not impossible, but it’s not overly likely either. The announced card is a good mix of big matches, storyline progression and enjoyable filler, which is what all wrestling shows should be. With three matches guaranteed to be good (the title matches, appropriately) I’d say it’s well worth buying. I know I will be.

http://blowbyblowwrestling.blogspot.com/

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 25 Jun 2011, 4:06 pm

ROH press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZumLXraa0U&feature=player_embedded

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 25 Jun 2011, 7:39 pm

Eddie Edwards (c) vs. Davey Richards

Eddie Edwards

Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin) (c) vs. Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli) vs. The All Night Express (Rhett Titus and Kenny King) vs. Briscoe Brothers (Jay and Mark)

Haas and Benjamin

Christopher Daniels (c) (with Truth Martini) vs. El Generico

El Generico

Steve Corino (with Jimmy Jacobs) vs. Michael Elgin (with Truth Martini)

Michael Elgin

Mike Bennett (with Brutal Bob) vs. Jay Lethal

Mike Bennett

Homicide vs. Rhino (with The Embassy)

Rhino

Colt Cabana vs. Tommaso Ciampa (with The Embassy)

Tommaso Ciampa

Generation Me (Jeremy Buck and Max Buck) vs. Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly

Cole & O'Reilly

Anyone else want to make predictions for tomorrow night?
I honestly cannot wait to get this on DVD, the championship matches are going to be insane.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 25 Jun 2011, 7:43 pm

davey just because it's his last shot

Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin) (c) vs. Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli) vs. The All Night Express (Rhett Titus and Kenny King) vs. Briscoe Brothers (Jay and Mark)

all night express

El Generico

Michael Elgin

lethal

homicide

Tommaso Ciampa

generation me

im quite tempted to watch it in i-ppv tomorrow considering it starts 9pm our time

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 25 Jun 2011, 7:54 pm

Interesting you think Davey will win, I honestly see Edwards winning and their feud continuing due to Richards feeling he is the better of the two and will want to challenge again.

How much is the PPV?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 25 Jun 2011, 7:56 pm

http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/ROH__Best_of_the_World_2011/1052

$14.99 or £9.38

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sat 25 Jun 2011, 8:01 pm

Edwards vs Richards Hype video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ9ETYFLdAk

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sat 25 Jun 2011, 8:04 pm

My Predictions

Davey Richards

KOW

El Generico

Steve Corino

Jay Lethal

Rhino

Colt Cabana

Cole and O'Reilly

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 25 Jun 2011, 8:10 pm

Hero wrote:

This being an RoH show we can expect a heavier emphasis on in-ring competition. The current crop of storylines have been given a slower, more methodical build, which is preferable to the rushed approach of WWE or TNA. The biggest match of the show, Davey Richards v Eddie Edwards, has several years of history to fall back on, and the match itself has been building since March. It’s a refreshing and enjoyable approach and something RoH does particularly well.

Davey Richards challenged for the Ring of Honor title twice last year, once again Tyler Black and once against Roderick Strong. He lost both title challenges but beat both men in various non-title situations. As far as fans were concerned he was the uncrowned RoH champion as 2010 ended. But losing to Strong caused Richards to have a change of heart: he no longer wished to be known as the ‘Best in the World’ (a chant a select few RoH wrestlers hear upon gaining the respect of the fans) because he didn’t have the title to prove it. He said he would work on perfecting his craft before requesting another title match.

And that’s what Davey has been doing this year: facing the best wrestlers RoH has in order to hone his game in preparation for his next title challenge. It’s a simple plot that can be followed with the minimum of attention.

This pretty much epitomises why ROH is the greatest wrestling promotion in America - they let their feuds simmer, they ensure that fans emotionally invest in their wrestlers because they stick to the basics and get them right! No ridiculous Russo booking like in TNA, no giving the title to the guy who sells the most merch like WWE just great story telling, intelligent booking and the most intense and technical in ring action! I know financially ROH can't compete with the likes of WWE but they leave WWE in the dust as far as their booking and PPVs go.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 25 Jun 2011, 10:15 pm

Surprised you both see Lethal beating Bennett also, Lethal hasn't been signed full time to ROH so would be rather pointless having Bennett lose his winning streak to someone that isn't full time with the company.

Also, I can't see them having three belts swapped in one night. El Generico is a definite win but for Edwards and WGTT I think they deserve a little longer. Especially Edward's seeing as he hasn't made all that many defences. As for WGTT I see them dropping their belts at the next show against the winners of the Tag Team Lottery.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:06 pm

fernando wrote:ROH press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZumLXraa0U&feature=player_embedded

Jim Cornette really is one of the best talkers in the business, got great hype for ROH there and they are extremely luck to have him on board.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 8:59 pm

ill shall do a live results coverage Smile

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:02 pm

we have a sell out and biggest crowd in roh history

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:04 pm

colt cobana vs tomasso ciampa up first tonight

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:06 pm

ciampa( looks a beast of a man) snubs handshake from cobana

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:13 pm

ciampa wins with a powerbomb into a backbreaker after 13 mins

excellent opener

Last edited by fernando on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:14 pm

lethal vs bennett up next

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:15 pm

I might give this a watch tommorow as wont have time to watch it all tonight if i can find it anywhere
events like this are why the wrestling channel should still exist

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:18 pm

lethal gets massive pop and a welcome back chant followed by a f**k you bennett

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:19 pm

id recommend it been excellent so far. a randy savage chant going on so far followed by the commentator doing a savage impression

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:20 pm

Hopefully i can find it then sounds good

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:22 pm

lethal with the suicide dive

im doing updates of results Smile

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:22 pm

brutal bob hits a backbreaker on apron behind ref back

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:28 pm

jay lethal wins via top rope elbow drop

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:30 pm

homicide vs rhino up next in a no holds barred street fight

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:32 pm

massive pop for rhino despite being prince nana's bodyguard

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:32 pm

That will be brutal

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:35 pm

homicide though a table via back body drop , rhino brings out the ladder.

rhino attempted to body vault over the top rope and missed

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:36 pm

ladder to midsection of homicide

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:37 pm

rhino suplexed onto ladder

homicide chased prince nana round the ring leading to homicide being body slammed on the ladder , homicide clutching his right arm.

Last edited by fernando on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:37 pm

Nando they cheered because they are at one of the old ECW haunts i guess

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:39 pm

id guess so , rhino hits a sick piledriver

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:40 pm

homicide reversed the gore with an rko gone to get another table Smile

normal piledriver

Last edited by fernando on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:40 pm

was it the rhino driver or just a normal mat based piledriver

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:43 pm

homicide reverses the gore into a roll up for the win. nana attacks after match homicide takes him but turns into a gore from rhino through the table

got a f**k you rhino chant going on now.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:44 pm

homicide holding his right shoulder and bleeding from the mouth as assisted from the ring

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:45 pm

haha,you have to love the ballroom wrestling fans
Hope theres no injury there to homicide

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:46 pm

corino w/jimmy jacobs and elgin up

i hope steen turns up - a big we want steen chant

the shoulder was when he got slammed on the ladder and he has a history of shoulder injuries

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:48 pm

Yeah ive seen it taped up reguarly when ROH used to be on TWC and a few times on TNA

Steen arriving would be awesome

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:50 pm

steen is up in the 2nd tier!!!!!!!! and headed for the ring

officials trying to force him out the building

with let him stay and mr wrestling chants and f**k you roh officials

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:51 pm

steen is out the arena now got a bullsh*t chant going

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:52 pm

the match is under way OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:53 pm

awesome. i really do love the Hamerstein ballroom fans for there chants

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:54 pm

abdominal stretch by corino + thumb to the ass

corino goes for suicide dive and gets caught into a tombstone position rammed into barrier and slammed to the floor

elgin is a major powerhouse quite quick aswell could easily see him in wwe

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:57 pm

a boston crab in 2nd rope

corino with a big lariat

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:58 pm

Im watching Glastonbury,the kaiser chiefs are now off to alton towers apparently

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:01 pm

truth martini trips up corino , jacobs chases martini , elgin grabs jacobs and corino with the roll up for 2

elgin hits superkick puts corino down to knees and from that positions into a brainbuster for two

turnbuckle powerbomb by elgin followed by a spinning powerbomb for the 3 count

elgin attacks corino after match saved by jacobs until truth hits him with the book jacobs now being beatdown by elgin.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next