The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be the Booker. Question Two.

3 posters

Go down

Be the Booker. Question Two.  Empty Be the Booker. Question Two.

Post by Samo Thu 17 Mar 2016, 8:50 am

Another week another booking scenario for y'all to ponder over and debate. Its a bit of a shorter one this week with only two real scenarios but I still think could provide good debate.

Scenario: Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins (example, could be any two wrestlers, they're current standing, popularity etc doesnt factor in) Seth Rollins hits Ambrose with Dirty Deeds near the end of the match and makes a pin attempt. Do you...?

A. Have Ambrose kick out on the basis that Seth cant do the move as good as Dean can, and its only really effective when Ambrose does it - putting Ambrose over.

Or B. Have the ref count three on the basis that the move is so good even Dean cant kick out of it - putting the move over.

I think this is deceptive, seems simple but there are lots of things to take into consideration moving forward.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Be the Booker. Question Two.  Empty Re: Be the Booker. Question Two.

Post by TwisT Thu 17 Mar 2016, 1:37 pm

I would go A.

As silly as finishers can be (The AA/FU/Pimp Drop/Fireman's Carry or the atomic capabilities of the underside of Hogan's leg) they're important to who they are connected with.

The best example is the DDT. When Jake used it, it was lights out. Now we see them, or used to, all the time. If you swap Ambrose/Seth for Jake/A N Other then if his opponent hit it and won you would think that was stupid. If Jake hit it and won, it would make better sense as he is the "master" of the move.

There is an example of when B would work......the punt to the head that Orton used to do. If someone else did it to him then it would be all about putting the move over.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 17 Mar 2016, 1:41 pm

Just like two major stars going at it, the only way it usually plays out is if the fortunes are reversed at some point. In other words if Stone Cold Rock Bottomed the Rock, in a subsequent match, the Rock would Stunner Steve Austin.

I actually like people using other moves, as its a sign of disrespect to their opponent so builds a good feud.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down