The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WrestleMania 32

+24
Gregers
RuggerRadge2611
Keiguers
kingraf
Good Golly I'm Olly
Adam D
Dr Gregory House MD
TheCultOfPersonality
marty2086
Nay
Unbeliever
Hero
GSC
kamikaze
JCmag82
Paul Mac 6CW
Marky
Fernando
Brilliant_yep
NickisBHAFC
JoshSansom
pbspurs68
Samo
Dolphin Ziggler
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WrestleMania 32 - Page 2 Empty WrestleMania 32

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 28 Mar 2016, 1:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Pre-Show:

Andre the Giant Memorial 20-man Battle Royale
The Usos vs The Dudley Boyz
Total Divas vs Team BAD and Blonde tag match. 5 on 5. Paige, Alicia, Brie, Natalya and EVA MARIE versus Emma, Naomi, Tamina, Summer Rae and Lana.

Main Show:

AJ Styles v Chris Jericho
Kalisto vs Ryback - US Title
Charlotte Flair vs Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks - Divas Title
Kevin Owens vs Stardust vs Zack Ryder vs Sami Zayn vs The Miz vs Sin Cara vs Dolph Ziggler - Intercontinental Title Ladder Match
The New Day vs The League of Nations - 3v4 Handicap match (not for the tag team titles)
Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar - Street Fight
The Undertaker vs Shane McMahon - Hell in a Cell. If Shane wins he gets control of Raw, and Undertaker will not be allowed to wrestle at Mania again.
HHH vs Roman Reigns - WWEWHC match

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Tue 29 Mar 2016, 3:52 am; edited 3 times in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

WrestleMania 32 - Page 2 Empty Re: WrestleMania 32

Post by kamikaze Sat 02 Apr 2016, 10:37 am

What in peoples opinions wud be the worst possible ending to any of the matches that cud actually realistically happen.

kamikaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sat 02 Apr 2016, 10:22 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:And that they're scared of Reigns winning ending the night

I would have Reigns standing, hand raised by the rock. The crowd not digging it should we say then just have Reigns turn on the rock and destroy him.

Easily explained turns reigns heel and take it from there

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeliever Sat 02 Apr 2016, 11:37 pm

LL Cool Nay wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:And that they're scared of Reigns winning ending the night

I would have Reigns standing, hand raised by the rock. The crowd not digging it should we say then just have Reigns turn on the rock and destroy him.

Hug My point exactly.

Unbeliever

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sun 03 Apr 2016, 1:29 pm

LL Cool Nay wrote:

Id not put the title on Reigns an have Ambrose win it at one of the next few PPVs and have Rollins come back and reunite the Shield, talking about the Authority abandoning him after his injury only for Reigns to turn on them both out of jealousy

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Sun 03 Apr 2016, 2:10 pm

I'm hoping to see a few things tonight.

With the ATGBR now back on the main card again, I'm hoping a few surprise entrants are planned, either NXT debuts or any returns like Cesaro.

I don't see Shane/Taker ending clean so I'd like to see someone interfere and cost, possibly Taker the victory, maybe one like Cena.

Finally, Reigns needs to turn a heel. I like Nay's idea with the Rock. You could also have Ambrose/Reigns have a moment and embrace eachother after their wins* but then Reigns just destroys him after.

On a side note, does anyone know when the actual main show starts? Is it midnight?

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sun 03 Apr 2016, 2:24 pm

Think so yeah, Sky box office advert says from midnight.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun 03 Apr 2016, 2:29 pm

Pre show is 10pm to midnight, main show midnight to 4am

Going to a Walkabout bar in London to watch it with Nando so should be fun!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 03 Apr 2016, 6:09 pm

If we're going for a Reigns heel turn, I'd rather they take what is to come tonight and follow it up with a scathing promo on the crowd tomorrow night, he can then continue a Sting/Luger-esque friendship with Ambrose and build to the moment where he stabs him in the back

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 03 Apr 2016, 6:29 pm

I wouldn't be keen for another Shield betrayal.

Would be interested to see him take out The Rock and then take out Taker. Have a bit of a turn where he is sick of the old men in WWE

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 03 Apr 2016, 7:43 pm

Anyone have a network log in they wouldn't mind sharing for the next 24 hours? PM me if you can!!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 03 Apr 2016, 8:11 pm

Just create a new account, it's a free month for new subscribers isn't it?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by kamikaze Sun 03 Apr 2016, 8:42 pm

Spoiler:

kamikaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2016, 8:53 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 03 Apr 2016, 8:54 pm

Spoiler odds gents, bookies go off info.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by kamikaze Sun 03 Apr 2016, 9:11 pm

Sorry

kamikaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 03 Apr 2016, 10:25 pm

Get on the box of chat people
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 04 Apr 2016, 8:44 am

Seemed a bit crap from what I read:

Zach Ryder wins the inter continental. The same guy who has been squashed forever. 

Styles loses to Jericho. Doesn't matter if he was 2-0 up, he lost the big one. So the big storyline was that styles wasn't good enough to hang in the big leagues and y2j was right!

The wyatts squashed again ahead of a leanar programme. Makes perfect sense. 

Shane states in the build up that the WWE is currently crap and he is there to save it. He doesn't. 

Reigns wins the whc which at least sent the crowd home happy. 

Seems like pretty awful all the way through booking to me!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 04 Apr 2016, 9:14 am

o Mac vs Undertaker was match of the year. Don't even care how bad the rest of the show was. On the other hand an octogenarian and a guy who runs a Chinese company having the fight of the night doesn't inspire confidence
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 04 Apr 2016, 9:36 am

Seems like they just brought Shane back to jump off the cell. Really weird buildup to that, hinted at a lot of good stuff, but in the end they went with the status quo. That sums up this WM tbh.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Mon 04 Apr 2016, 9:48 am

Perhaps it was Vince's way of seeing whether Shane was committed to coming back full time - Jump off the top of a cell like your old dad did(technically a cage) and I'll think about giving you the gig

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 04 Apr 2016, 10:57 am

The ladder match to kick off the show was pretty good, though pretty everyone only got excited when it boiled down to Owens and Zayn, presume Ryder has found some incriminating video of Vince or something to warrant him getting a push 6 years after being slightly relevant.
AJ v Jericho was a very good match, just again with the wrong winner, Jericho jobs, that's what he does nowadays, what does it say about AJ's future when he loses to the guy who 3 years ago lost to Fan-Dan-Go.
The tag match, well presume that's because New Day have simply run over everyone and there was no one left to go up against, also suspect one or two new tag teams will be entering the fray in the next couple of weeks and would be better not going up immediately against the behemoth that is New Day. The after match only cemented the fact that Austin is never returning for a match.
Biggest letdown of the night was the Lesnar v Ambrose match, just never seemed to get going and didn't have enough time, chemistry between the two didn't seem to click and for all of Dean saying he wasn't stupid, has he ever seen Chainsaw Charlie connect with the chainsaw? 
Highlight match of the night though was the triple threat diva Womens match, amazing chemistry between the three, for once I even enjoyed some of Charlotte's (personally think she's the weakest of the three), big props to Becky Lynch though who I think was the MVP of the show, she really gave a 100% effort. Ending soured though IMO for what should have been a showcase of what women can do by having it decided by a guy.

I'm sure most people will give a number of superlatives about the Shane v Taker match, for me it was much better than I expected for a semi retired guy v a stuntman, it did though boil down to a couple of spots, I personally found it uncomfortable viewing knowing that Shane's kids were at ringside, however many times he's practised it backstage it only takes the smallest thing to go badly wrong. 

Andre the Giant match, well I didn't think I'd see in the 2nd last match (3rd last if you count the Rock v Rowan match which I don't) Tatanka filing it out with DDP, go home WWE you're drunk. Great though to see Corbin win it, he's still a tad wet behind the ears but has drastically improved in the past year and is a much better choice of a big guy to replace the Kane's, Khali's and Big Shows as they retire than the breastfed one from the Wyatts (joke courtesy of the Rock)
The Rock segment was just a clusterf**k of head-scratching from  start to finish, the pyro thing, the 10 minute talk to tell everyone what they already knew, the delay then for the Wyatts, Bray's usual ramblings, have to admit I slightly popped for Cena, I'll regret that in the coming months I'm sure.

The main event, wow that was dull. Think Trips needs to run his WM entrances by someone else, it was Dr Who monsters meets screeching banshee (Steph). Match wise it shows how bad it gets for Reigns to get over when the only time he was cheered was when he 'accidentally' speared Steph. 

Overall the show peaked about two hours prior to it finishing and it was downhill from there, the crowd seemed to go from booing Reigns to simply being quiet for his celebration, I suspect many upped their seats and fled. It shows once again within 48 hours the difference between a product that people love can produce such a great show in Takeover yet then fail so badly on the big one.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 04 Apr 2016, 11:21 am

Without the Rock/Austin/HBK/Foley appearance and Taker/Shane spotfest, it feels like a b level ppv.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiguers Mon 04 Apr 2016, 11:44 am

Hi all,

First time poster so go easy... ha ha.

I pulled an all nighter to catch Mania and overall I think the overall feeling is one of a missed opportunity......

The IC ladder match.... spot fest as expected, albeit there were some decent moments and the chemistry of the guys involved worked well, I just feel that of all the participants, Ryder was the one who I least wanted to pull off the win (I like him I must add....) just feel going from a jobber/NXT tag team role to the IC champ on the grandest stage of them all with zero momentum or big wins to back that up is nonsensical booking and makes me wonder why Zayn wasn't the man to get that win as a real good way to announce himself as more than a nearly man...

Styles v Jericho again was decent, but why oh why is Jericho winning that match.... does no good whatsoever to Styles reputation and on his first Mania appearance he loses to a guy who I assumed was there to put him over and onto better things, again.... strange booking (maybe it was a 2 fingers up to the IWC on Vinces part....)

Lesnar v Ambrose was an expected outcome, felt a bit anti climatic though and I worry for Ambrose as he seems to always come up short in the big matches, crowd love him far more than those in the WWE office it seems...

Womens triple threat was awesome. My match of the night, great chemistry and that rivalry can roll on to Payback given the screwy finish.

Taker v Shane O' Mac was better than I thought it would be, the bump Shane took was insane and I actually thought he had broken himself in 2, expected a more dramatic ending though given what was supposedly at stake in this one..... does this mean the Authority carry on? Ugh....

The Rocks cameo was cool, but just seemed like a time filler and a way to get the Wyatts involved given none of them had a match!!!!

The ATGMBR was fun, usual random entrants and comedy eliminations..... good to see Corbin make his debut and get the win but does anyone else feel it was odd he got no entrance etc.... would have been cool to get that pop from the crowd and mark out moment as a viewer, which made me surprised he won the event as he looked like he was just there to make up the numbers... if you are gonna have him win.... make a big deal about the guy actually being there in the first place??

Main event was flat for me, played out as expected and Reigns wins.... do think they could have made the ending more dramatic in this one also, just ended the event on a bit of a 'meh' moment when a bit of drama would have been good.

On a side note, I thought my 20 years as a wrestling fan would make having a bet on the matches worth a try for the first time..... turns out that was not the case ha ha, 10 bets.... 1 correct prediction.... oops!!!

Keiguers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 04 Apr 2016, 11:53 am

Welcome onboard!

I found that Corbin didn't get an entrance odd as well, especially as DDP did, but then Tatanka didn't, seriously WTF was Tatanka doing in that match?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiguers Mon 04 Apr 2016, 11:58 am

Hero wrote:Welcome onboard!

I found that Corbin didn't get an entrance odd as well, especially as DDP did, but then Tatanka didn't, seriously WTF was Tatanka doing in that match?

Cheers!! been a long time viewer but thought I would get involved Smile

Tatanka was a really weird one, he looked like the Tatanka of old......had been inflated with a balloon pump and sprayed blue.... again, nonsensical!!

They could have had Corbin come in last, his entrance would have looked and sounded cool on that stage and the pop would have been decent given the smarky crowd..... would have just added that little bit of legitimacy to him arriving on the main roster and then winning the whole thing, also think his reaction to winning did not really fit with his ego maniac/bad ass character.... just so many holes to pick in the whole event, could/should have delivered big and just didn't.....

Last edited by Keiguers on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Keiguers

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 04 Apr 2016, 12:41 pm

I don't normally post in the wrestling section, I read it and lurk quite a bit.

I think the problems in the WWE can be best summed up in the Mania I'm now tired at work for.

The run up to mania was a bit of a mess due to a lot of the big players on the roster being injured Rollins, Orton, Cena and Cesaro to name 4 off the top of my head.

However that was the symptom of a sub par Wrestlemania, we also had the cause for all to see. When the Wyatt family got jobbed out to a part timer and someone who is returning from a long injury layoff.

That whole segment annoyed me, from the flame thrower to Rowan getting beaten in an apparently record time. Despite having a 3 on 2 advantage the Wyatts got hammered for no other reason than nostalgia and the rock having his annual 15 minutes of Wrestlemania screen time.

It's no wonder the roster is in dire straits when talent like the Wyatts get buried. 

Onto the IC ladder match, Sack Ryder winning it made no sense. This is a guy that Ryback amongst other have been squashing for years and he is now the IC champ. When Owens was IC champ it was starting to feel legit and worth it.

The last intercontinental champs :

Barrett, Daniel Bryan, Ryback, Ambrose, Owens and now Ryder.... oh really chin seems legit

Onto Ambrose, kind of glad he got buried by Brock. I do not understand why he is so popular. He is extremely limited and it's fairly obvious the street fight stipulation was there for him to hide is deficiencies. It's all the more baffling when you compare him to Reigns who seems to get insane heat for simply being a guy who is becoming "the man" in the company.

It's not as if Reigns has been bad. He's great in the ring and sure he's not great on the mic but he is improving. I appreciate going up against someone like HHH is always going to be a crowd splitter since trips is held in such high esteem, but the booing was actually cringe worthy and to be honest I feel quite sorry for Reigns. Creative have let him down quite badly and IMO they'd be better switching him to a heel. I actually felt it might have been on the cards last night, with Vinnie turning his back on HHH and Stephanie, hanging them out to dry, screwing HHH over to push "his" man Reigns. Shame it didn't turn out that way.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 04 Apr 2016, 12:50 pm

It was just an event that promised a decent amount and in the end delivered nothing out of the ordinary.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 04 Apr 2016, 1:35 pm

I really enjoyed mania last night. The women's Triple threat was incredible and the majority of the card turned out great. Only Dean vs Leaner was bad, the main event whilst not great was serviceable

A very solid 7, maybe 7.5 from me

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 04 Apr 2016, 1:48 pm

It was an ok Mania. An hour too long.

Ambrose failed to deliver. The booking wasn't great but he screwed up the whole thing anyway. He is just wacky and fights like an excited kitten.

Every other match was quite good. Reigns/HHH was a perfectly fine match but the crowd didn't care so it killed it. They can't sustain such indifference to the main event.

Perfectly fine with Jericho beating AJ. He needs to we to be a threat and by being heel Jericho he is 100 times more interesting. Thought it was a good match and people are too into both men for it to be a problem.

Complaining about Wyatt is funny. What have they done with this? He's not a main eventer and will need to perform a lot better to deserve more.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 04 Apr 2016, 1:56 pm

Live crowd was apparently 94,000.

Said to have grossed $17m, which is about $5m more than last year

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Mon 04 Apr 2016, 2:29 pm

Why did they say it was 101,000

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 04 Apr 2016, 3:02 pm

RinoGattuso wrote:Why did they say it was 101,000

Same reason why the 93k from WM3 was actually around 75k

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Mon 04 Apr 2016, 3:30 pm

Mick Foley was there

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 04 Apr 2016, 4:06 pm

Went into this with no expectations...

Got to the bar with Marky..Took part in a quiz best team name was Quiz Benoit or Adolf Ziggler Laugh (we failed miserably...Turned out we knew more about Cena then anything else Laugh)

Show wise really enjoyed it tbh had various people outside going "Worst WM ever" cos they disliked Roman, He had 2 fans in the bar got booed at the fancy dress parade (won by Edge & Christian 90's complete with string shirt Laugh)

Quite looking forward to Raw

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiguers Mon 04 Apr 2016, 4:25 pm

I am going to the RAW at the 02 in 2 weeks time so I am hoping the next couple are decent and they start some new rivalries, was praying for Shane to win so it would be a bit more of an exciting show but dreading another 12 months of the Authority..... Ugh....

Keiguers

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Mon 04 Apr 2016, 4:30 pm

Sounds like a fun night Nando! Quality stuff.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 04 Apr 2016, 4:34 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
Onto Ambrose, kind of glad he got buried by Brock. I do not understand why he is so popular. He is extremely limited and it's fairly obvious the street fight stipulation was there for him to hide is deficiencies. It's all the more baffling when you compare him to Reigns who seems to get insane heat for simply being a guy who is becoming "the man" in the company.

It's not as if Reigns has been bad. He's great in the ring and sure he's not great on the mic but he is improving. I appreciate going up against someone like HHH is always going to be a crowd splitter since trips is held in such high esteem, but the booing was actually cringe worthy and to be honest I feel quite sorry for Reigns. Creative have let him down quite badly and IMO they'd be better switching him to a heel. I actually felt it might have been on the cards last night, with Vinnie turning his back on HHH and Stephanie, hanging them out to dry, screwing HHH over to push "his" man Reigns. Shame it didn't turn out that way.

You say Ambrose is extremely limited yet it seems Lesnars matches these days consist of multiple suplexes topped off with an F5.

Have you actually watched much of Ambrose? To me hes a cross between Austin, Pillman and maybe a bit of Savage too and is much better all round worker than Reigns who doesn't have much to his repertoire other than a handle of power moves, I wonder who that reminds us off.

Reigns has bee let down by being pushed before he's ready, hes been in the business about 5 years and lacks the development to be where he is particularly his promos and its clear they have been trying to keep him off the mic recently and trying to let his power do the talking. He isn't as good as guys like Rollins and Ambrose who have been working the indies for over a decade and have had an arena to develop their skills in where as Reigns is learning on the job, I think Charlottes in a similar position though probably better developed than him.

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 04 Apr 2016, 4:35 pm

I thought it was a pretty rubbish mania tbh.

Opening ladder match was decent, ideal opening match. But having someone who has jobbed on main event and superstars win is just stupid. Should of been Owens or Sami.

Jericho vs Styles, no complaints. Good match. Styles probably should of won, but time will tell what they really think of Styles, personally I think he is only going to be intercontinental/US title level sadly.

New day vs League of Nations, fine match. Segment that followed was brilliant.

Ambrose vs Lesnar, very dissapointed. Match should of gone for longer as well.

Divas match - Outstsnding. My second favourite match of the night. Sasha is probably one of my favourite wrestlers currently.

Battle royal - Boring.

Rock segment - Really boring.

Hell in a cell match - Match of the night. Just really really wanted Shane to win. Bloke is an absolute legend. Everything about him was spot on, entrance with his sons I absolutely loved. Shame the authrority are still in power BORING!

Main event - Put me to sleep. Reigns winning clean, no heel turn. Great work WWE ...

Raw better be good tonight, highly doubt it though.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 04 Apr 2016, 4:39 pm

I also went to a quiz last night, funnily enough Quiz Benoit won our best team name as well (personally I was partial to Justice for Jimmy Snuka), ended up finishing 2nd which I'll take as my team consisted of me and my non wrestling fan fiancé and her pal, so I was essentially playing by myself, originally was letting my missus do the writing but had to take it off her after she wrote down Rick Flare and Vince McMan

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 04 Apr 2016, 4:45 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Have you actually watched much of Ambrose? To me hes a cross between Austin, Pillman and maybe a bit of Savage too and is much better all round worker than Reigns who doesn't have much to his repertoire other than a handle of power moves, I wonder who that reminds us off.

See, I find this a bit blind. Hes nothing like Savage in the slightest, cannot actually fight (something Austin just did, he fought, he didnt play fight, he looked like he fought). And being a bit like Pillman basically means looking nuts.

The Reigns comparison is basically internet wrestling fans' version of bringing Hitler into an argument.

I have thought that Ambrose has failed to deliver this year, and even with this match booked weirdly short I still think Ambrose failed last night. He looked wacky. I'm getting tired of his in ring facial expressions. There is so much more of Ambrose than is being shown, and whilst WWE booking is partly responsible, so is Dean Ambrose.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Mon 04 Apr 2016, 5:02 pm

The show was just to damn long.

The main event was incredibly boring.

The Rock segment got good once the Wyatts came out. The Rock just loves dragging out things, and keeps making the same "making mania babies" jokes.

The women stole the show. Loved Sasha paying tribute to Eddie Guerrero, and just love Becky Lynch. I want her to win. Even the Total Divas match wasn't so bad, Brie nailed a pretty cool YES lock.

I can't believe Styles and the New Day lost, but what followed the New Day match was awesome.

When Shane was about to jump off the HIAC, I was literally cringing and telling myself, "don't do it please!"

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 04 Apr 2016, 5:05 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

See, I find this a bit blind. Hes nothing like Savage in the slightest, cannot actually fight (something Austin just did, he fought, he didnt play fight, he looked like he fought). And being a bit like Pillman basically means looking nuts.

The Reigns comparison is basically internet wrestling fans' version of bringing Hitler into an argument.

I have thought that Ambrose has failed to deliver this year, and even with this match booked weirdly short I still think Ambrose failed last night. He looked wacky. I'm getting tired of his in ring facial expressions. There is so much more of Ambrose than is being shown, and whilst WWE booking is partly responsible, so is Dean Ambrose.

I thought until Roadblock Ambrose had been booked well but its been fairly bumpy since then, the whole you need to be crazy to take on Lesnar was being played on and it was working but they maybe peaked too early with it and had to find filler and the Funk segment and the trolley one just came across as silly.

In Ambroses promos at times and his mannerisms I see elements of Savage but different people see different things.

The Reigns comparison is valid as he clearly isn't ready for top spot he doesn't know how to play to the crowd and bring them onside, at times especially last night as it seemed to get to him

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 04 Apr 2016, 5:14 pm

I dont think you can say Reigns didnt play the crowd. There isnt much he as a performer can do right now. Its a situation borne out of something different and he cant show anything that will get him cheered with that crowd, not being booked as he is anyway.

I actually think the little hints of showing he didnt want to be super happy Mr Babyface and pretend the crowd liked him suited him better. Id rather he was himself.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 04 Apr 2016, 5:16 pm

Man that was one long show, felt like an edurance test, overall I enjoyed it, probably because I anticipated the outcome of most of the bigger matches so wasn't overly disappointed when certain guys win.

Zack Ryder, that was a strange one but the penny dropped about an hour later when I saw that Snickers advert, now I'm pretty certain they only flung that starp on him for the advert to make sense.

Not quite sure why AJ Styles lost either, that felt pretty stupid, both guys had a decent run together but WrestleMania felt like the place to draw a line under it but it's bound to keep going now, Styles losing his first Mania to someone I'd consider a B player feels a bit if a waste.

The Womans match was superb, possibly the best Wrestling match of the night, all three of them are very good but I just feel Becky Lynch is a bit below the other two, fully expected Charlotte to win and for her to do the job, I think the battle over the Title can have a little more substance now it'll likely be just Charlotte and Sasha.

Was bemused when the New Day lost, again that felt like a waste although as soon as Barrett started cutting a promo I knew what was coming and why they threw New Day under the bus to get there.

I couldn't get too into the Brock/Ambrose match, again the outcome was always going to be a Brock win for me but it was how he was going to win, I wanted to see Ambrose lose in the same kind of manner Brock lost to Taker last SummerSlam or Austin lost to Bret at WM13, I wanted to see him look like you'd have to kill him or have the ref stop the match, it didn't feel like that, Ambrose came across as a plucky underdog who did his best but when it was all said and done his best was just never going to be good enough, for WrestleMania I really think they need to be do ing more with both of those guys at that type of event.

Taker and Shane O Mac, Jesus, Shane is one crazy Bar Steward, he really is, there was no way in hell Shane was going over Taker, only Brock Lesnar has beaten Undertaker, they'd never have given another one to someone like Shane McMahon, it was all about how well he could come across, I'm in the minority, I liked the story, I followed it easily enough, making it a HIAC match was designed to mask Shanes flaws, Taker was going to have to dictate the pace of the match so a spot fest makes that easier, that leap off the top of the Cell though, Jeez, I bottled it just watching him, crazy but absolutely brilliant, the ending was as expected.

HHH/Reigns - it was what it was, I'm no fan of Reigns, I just don't find him appealing as a main face, I'm not quite sure what it is but he just doesn't connect, anyways, it was always going to end with a clean win wasn't it, this was his WrestleMania moment, HHH was only there to put the belt on him, he done his best to be the guy the fans hate, with almost anyone else it should've worked, with Reigns though it was just a bridge to far.

Shawn Michaels looked in great shape, The Rock, I enjoy his appearances, I just wish someone had half as much confidence and presence on the mic as him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 04 Apr 2016, 5:26 pm

Not sure I'd agree HHH did his best to be the guy the fans hate.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 04 Apr 2016, 5:35 pm

Really? The fans have hated him for 10 years now for being Mr Stephanie, I thought he fully embraced his role to the max with Reigns, he didn't do anything much different than what he did with Daniel Bryan two years ago, the only difference for me was the fans fully bought into Bryan.

That apart, I think the only person who could've got Reigns over would've been Lesnar, with their match being interrupted last year it would have made more sense IMO for Lesnar to win the belt at The Rumble and carry it to Mania for Reigns again, they could have built on their match last year, I also think its a bit hard not to start sympathising and/or empathising with anyone Brock is battering around the ring.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 04 Apr 2016, 5:56 pm

Cassius Zhi wrote:

Mick Foley was there

This is so ruthless Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 04 Apr 2016, 5:58 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I dont think you can say Reigns didnt play the crowd. There isnt much he as a performer can do right now. Its a situation borne out of something different and he cant show anything that will get him cheered with that crowd, not being booked as he is anyway.

I actually think the little hints of showing he didnt want to be super happy Mr Babyface and pretend the crowd liked him suited him better. Id rather he was himself.

When he hit Steph he got a better reaction, he just plays it all too straight and clean cut he needs to be more aggressive and vicious. Its all well and good attacking HHH but when you see him in the ring do you see anything different from him than in any of his other matches? Do you believe hes mad as hell and wants to destroy HHH?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Mon 04 Apr 2016, 6:00 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:I also went to a quiz last night, funnily enough Quiz Benoit won our best team name as well (personally I was partial to Justice for Jimmy Snuka), ended up finishing 2nd which I'll take as my team consisted of me and my non wrestling fan fiancé and her pal, so I was essentially playing by myself, originally was letting my missus do the writing but had to take it off her after she wrote down Rick Flare and Vince McMan

This made me spit my water out hahahaha not unlike Triple H

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 04 Apr 2016, 6:09 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:Really? The fans have hated him for 10 years now for being Mr Stephanie, I thought he fully embraced his role to the max with Reigns, he didn't do anything much different than what he did with Daniel Bryan two years ago, the only difference for me was the fans fully bought into Bryan.

That apart, I think the only person who could've got Reigns over would've been Lesnar, with their match being interrupted last year it would have made more sense IMO for Lesnar to win the belt at The Rumble and carry it to Mania for Reigns again, they could have built on their match last year, I also think its a bit hard not to start sympathising and/or empathising with anyone Brock is battering around the ring.

The DX signs, the way he played to the crowd during the match, I thought he perfectly postioned himself to be the well-liked guy who went up against the forced choice. Didn't remind me of anti-Bryan HHH at all. Only man to get blood and bust him open when the crowd wanted to see him beat up in the build up too.

He brings out the DX when he wants to be liked because apart from when he got injured DX was the only time he had actual popularity. That's not true, they love the idea that he is behind all that they love in NXT, I didn't want that to be forgotten as he sold his injuries and flew to London to present Takeover.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next