The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who played their part best?

+4
Mind the windows Tino.
Stella
TRUSSMAN66
westisbest
8 posters

Go down

Who played their part best? Empty Who played their part best?

Post by westisbest Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:41 pm

Ryan Reynolds - Deadpool
Hugh Jackman - Wolverine
Tony McGuire - Spiderman
RDJ- Iron Man
Chris Hemsworth - Thor
Chris Evans - CAptain America
Superman - Henry Cavill
Batman - Ben Affleck
Joker - Heath Ledger

Or who is your favourite.

Best played part for me on that list was Heath Ledger as Joker.
Was he better than Jack Nicholsons joker? Tough one.

My favourite film from that list is Deadpool. Dont think anyone could have played the role better than RR.
Same goes for Hugh Jackman and wolverine.

My favourite character is Spiderman. Think McGuire did a good job, although i was more of a fan of Andrew Garfield.

Not a huge Batman or Superman fan, Cavill did a good job in Man Of Steel, not seen Batman v Superman yet.

Think Hemsworth does a great job as Thor, likewise RDJ as ironman.

only seen the first Captain America and wasnt a fan, thought Evans was better as the human torch.

What do others think?

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Who played their part best? Empty Re: Who played their part best?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:39 pm

Reynolds was excellent as Deadpool yet played much the same role in Green Lantern.

Cesar Romero led the way with the role of the Joker and I feel Nicholson kind of ruined the "dark" feel Tim Burton was going for with his excessive levels of ham. Will be interesting to see what Jared Leto does with the character in "Suicide Squad"

McGuire got the Peter Parker "nerd" aspect down well but Garfield played the wisecracking "Spidey" part better.

I feel the planet's hatred of Ben Affleck may be a factor in whether or not they feel he has the world weary Batman down to a tee or if Bale's caricature (the ridiculous overly gruff voice grated on me) hit the spot.

Don't mind Downey Jr as Iron Man but it's basically an extension of every character he plays these days.

Cavill Hemsworth and Evans leave me cold.

Can't like Hugh Jackman as it would upset my dear friend Tina.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:50 pm

Superman = Christopher Reeve......Always be Superman.

General Zod = Terence Stamp and not the other waste..

Conan = Arnie and not the other waste of space.....

Jor El = Marlon Brando and not the cheap imitation from Down under...

Still waiting for an Iron Man that matches up to Howard Hughes and not some short fat arsed guy that plays himself in every movie..

Never heard of Tony Mcguire Wink

Boo boom...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:15 pm

He aint that famous to get his name right Very Happy

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:51 am

Batman - Michael Keaton - The original for me. Played Bruce Wayne better than the others.
Spiderman - Terry McGuire - Dorky, and innocent. The kind of kid you want to see win.
Iron Man - Robert Downey - Bit of an annoying rich kid character, but I liked the films, well the first one.
Superman - Christopher Reeve - He is Superman. Loved his clumsiness as Kent.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:18 am

DAVE667 wrote:

I bloody love you, Serial.

I quite literally haven't seen a single one of the films listed but I know J*ckman was the worst. C*ckwomble of a man.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:34 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

I quite literally haven't seen a single one of the films listed but I know J*ckman was the worst.  C*ckwomble of a man.
No worries mate, if it helps, I heard a rumour that after he was involved in that incident on Bondi Beach the other day, he went home, cried like a little girl and had to be taken for ice cream after they'd cleaned all the dried snot from his top lip

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:42 am

DAVE667 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

I quite literally haven't seen a single one of the films listed but I know J*ckman was the worst.  C*ckwomble of a man.
No worries mate, if it helps, I heard a rumour that after he was involved in that incident on Bondi Beach the other day, he went home, cried like a little girl and had to be taken for ice cream after they'd cleaned all the dried snot from his top lip

It does help, actually. A bloody lot.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:44 am

DAVE667 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

It does help, actually.  A bloody lot.
Then you'll love the bit when he dropped his ice cream on the floor, started kicking off again and some middle aged women, slapped him across the face and told him he'd had this coming for a while and to stop being such a c*nt in public

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:26 pm

Yeah, Dave 667, I agree totally with the idea that Nicholson's OTT Joker ruined the entire mood of what was a wonderfully dark incarnation of the Batman by Michael Keaton.  
Keaton was the best Batman by far - quiet, charismatic, ruthless - and by far the coolest whispered (not croaked) Batman voice.  I blame Burton though rather than Nicholson for not allowing his Batman to be all that it could have been.  He allowed much too much time to garish colour and overblown acting....

Robert Downey - I don't like the character.  Yeah, he's meant to be brash but then who ever gives a damn about  smart-ass, self-loving, bombastic, attention seeker?  Even the tiny 'empathy' pieces, where he's meant to display some 'heart', they don't sound convincing either as Downey always wants you to know he's read his lines studiously and wallops them out so smoothly that he's never believable as anything other than a good lines rehearser.

Roger... Maguire was a good Spiderman................ if a superhero nerd is ever a good thing, and I'm not so sure it ever is Wink  Stick to the Rubik's Cubes nerds.....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:10 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Why do you dislike Jackman?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:13 pm

Atila wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Good grief, don't get him started!
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:24 pm

The best Superman was Chris Reeve, however Henry Cavill is a very good modern Superman.

I am a fan of Michael Keaton as Batman, Christian Bale was good but he gets too many blinkered people creaming the pants over him. I always thought Val Kilmer was a good Batman as well. Having seen BvS, Ben Affleck is not as bad as people may think. He plays the role of an older, rugged, "i'm too old for this s***" Batman very well.

As scary Dave said above, Toby Maguire got the nerdy part of Spiderman down and Andrew Garfield got the cool aspect down. Need to mould the 2 together.

Chris Hemsworth is a great Thor, far far better than the bloke who played him the Incredible Hulk TV series or the bloke from Almighty Thor (get it on DVD if you really want to). Incidently for all you wrestling fans, Kevin Nash plays Odin in Almighty Thor.

As for the others, Ironman, Wolverine etc, until someone else portrays them it's hard to compare.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:02 pm

The Womble wrote:I am a fan of Michael Keaton as Batman, Christian Bale was good but he gets too many blinkered people creaming the pants over him. I always thought Val Kilmer was a good Batman as well. Having seen BvS, Ben Affleck is not as bad as people may think. He plays the role of an older, rugged, "i'm too old for this s***" Batman very well.

I'm not sure many people do actually praise Christian Bale's performances as Batman. I always got the impression people thought he was a good Bruce Wayne, an okay Bruce Wayne, generally serviceable in films that were successful because of everything else rather than Bale's performances.

I haven't seen BvS but generally Affleck has been getting a lot of praise, from what I understand he's the shining light of a pretty poor film.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:32 pm

Crimey wrote:
The Womble wrote:I am a fan of Michael Keaton as Batman, Christian Bale was good but he gets too many blinkered people creaming the pants over him. I always thought Val Kilmer was a good Batman as well. Having seen BvS, Ben Affleck is not as bad as people may think. He plays the role of an older, rugged, "i'm too old for this s***" Batman very well.

I'm not sure many people do actually praise Christian Bale's performances as Batman. I always got the impression people thought he was a good Bruce Wayne, an okay Bruce Wayne, generally serviceable in films that were successful because of everything else rather than Bale's performances.

I haven't seen BvS but generally Affleck has been getting a lot of praise, from what I understand he's the shining light of a pretty poor film.

Must be just me then, everyone I speak to about the Nolan Batman films rave about Bale.

BvS is a good film. It seems to be only 'film critics' that don't like it. I don't tend to listen to critics anyway. It's a good action film, whether or not it can turn into a franchise or not is to be decided. The ending was....interesting, certainly open to a sequel. I found Affleck quite funny in it, which pleasantly surprised me. He certainly isn't the shining light. If anyone stands out from it, it's Wonder Woman. She is excellent in it. Jeremy Irons' Alfred is also very very good. I thoroughly enjoyed his performance.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:55 pm

The Womble wrote:
Atila wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Well, I thought everybody liked Jackman. The nice, friendly, down to earth Aussie who everyone would like to have as their next door neighbour. Very Happy

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:08 pm

Atila wrote:
The Womble wrote:
Atila wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Well, I thought everybody liked Jackman. The nice, friendly, down to earth Aussie who everyone would like to have as their next door neighbour. Very Happy

Personally, I think Tino just wants to BE Jackman! He adores Jackman's love of wearing sunglasses indoors Cool
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue May 03, 2016 7:43 pm

I noticed they ripped off Hughes tour de force in front of the Senate Committee at the start of Iron Man 2..

So they give him a homage on one hand and then insult him by having a fat arsed wisecracking doughnut playing him on the other...

Grew up collecting Iron Man..Had every single volume 1 comic from 1-200 though I was eventually forced to sell by my red evil witch but got over a grand and more for them...(Big mistake though)....Had TOS 39 too (Crap nick )...Yep all the way from origin ...through his drink problems I stayed loyal to Tony..

Iron Man is Howard Hughes...always will be...

This post brought back some good memories and bad ones.. Cool

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue May 03, 2016 7:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down