The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teddy Atlas

3 posters

Go down

Teddy Atlas Empty Teddy Atlas

Post by jimdig Sun 03 Apr 2016, 8:23 am

What's your opinions on Atlas, the man, the analyst,  the trainer?
The professional milestones for me are: Tyson, Moorer, ESPN analyst, Povnitkin and now Bradley.  

I'll admit I don't really rate him as an analyst or a trainer. He seems to deliberately go against the grain as an analyst, as a trainer I think he played to the cameras with Moorer. I think the alliance with Bradley is nothing more than adding an additional marketing angle to a fight no one wanted. As a man.....He stood up to Tyson, when a teenage Tyson was fooling around with a 11 year old, a man has to step up, he stepped up, granted he had a gun, (allegedly) but for me hard to challange his man creditials.

So what's your opinions of him? Does he bring anything to Bradley?

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Teddy Atlas Empty Re: Teddy Atlas

Post by Valero's Conscience Sun 03 Apr 2016, 9:15 am

I think he's one of those real tough love type trainers, which is what some boxers definitely excel with.

He's been around for ever but his resume is not extensive but certainly has had enough success to be respected.

I don't think he's teaching Bradley anything new at this stage of his career so probably good for having someone who will definitely motivate and push him hard for the last few big fights of his career. I think they're a good fit.

Teddy 'The Fire Marshal' Atlas!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 03 Apr 2016, 12:24 pm

Jimdig

Why bring up the story about Atlas taking a gun to threaten a very young Tyson as a measure of his manliness?

Tyson was a very young teen at the time Atlas was a grown man I don't see anything manly about that.

Anything to bash Tyson

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun 03 Apr 2016, 4:10 pm

Lol. Anything to bash Tyson. Tyson was a man child at 16. Atlas was 25, and in no way equipped to deal with Tyson "the child". If a 16 year old boy, is fooling around with an 11 year old girl, someone needs to step in. Coming from a fathers perspective, Atlas showed restraint.

The point of the thread wasn't to bash Tyson. But it's neigh impossible to discuss Atlas and not Tyson. And it's inevitable that a thread gets to their parting of ways. I was heading it up first.

Valero - you might be right about Bradley. He always struck me as an ultra motivated boxer, and I was figuring he didn't really need any additional help in that area. But you probably have hit the nail on the head. Bradley is a boxer who's maximised his talents throughout his career. At this point he's not going to learn any new tricks. He needs to be the best Bradley he possibly can. Atlas will ensure that he's motivated for every second of his 12 week camp.

Still loses mind you.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 03 Apr 2016, 4:51 pm

So according to you Tyson was some kind of man beast as you put it.

LOL

Is this the same Tyson who spent every waking second thinking about the welfare of his pidgions?

But you make him out to be some kind of hybrid half beast man half child. He was 16 ffs and a vulnerable kid Atlas went over the top for a man of 25 and over.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:13 pm

Man child. Same terminology used regarding Rooney playing for everton as a 16 year old. Your the one calling him a beast.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:20 pm

One Two,  your obviously way more man than me. You'd have no problem setting a 16 year old Tyson's wrongs to right. You'd probably  bond over pigeons and teenage girls.

You used to be a teenage girl once, right?

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down