The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senna, Liuzzi or Heidfeld to replace injured Kubica

4 posters

Go down

Senna, Liuzzi or Heidfeld to replace injured Kubica Empty Senna, Liuzzi or Heidfeld to replace injured Kubica

Post by Adam D Wed 9 Feb - 8:21

Bruno Senna, Vitantonio Liuzzi and Nick Heidfeld are in the frame to replace injured Renault driver Robert Kubica.

Hospitalised Kubica faces more surgery on multiple fractures after a rally crash in Italy, which Renault say will keep him out for at least two months.

"We will look for Kubica's substitute: the names considered are Senna, Liuzzi and Heidfeld," said Renault's team principal Eric Boullier on Tuesday.

BBC Sport understands that Heidfeld has been in talks with Renault on Tuesday.

Heidfeld's camp would make no comment on the 33-year-old German's future in F1.

source and full story - bbc website - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9391462.stm

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Senna, Liuzzi or Heidfeld to replace injured Kubica Empty Re: Senna, Liuzzi or Heidfeld to replace injured Kubica

Post by theenigmathatisTIDALBAY Wed 9 Feb - 9:32

i can see it going to heidfeld if im honest. as much as id like to see what senna would be like in a good car i think they will go for experience as petrov is pretty inexperienced.

theenigmathatisTIDALBAY

Back to top Go down

Senna, Liuzzi or Heidfeld to replace injured Kubica Empty Re: Senna, Liuzzi or Heidfeld to replace injured Kubica

Post by Mr Biffo Wed 9 Feb - 15:06

I can see many people romanticising about the idea of a black and gold 'JPS-style' car being driven by 'Senna' however Renault have to consider the need to finish as high up the constructors as possible. Putting two comparative rookies who have driven less than 40 GPs between them is not the way to ensure the competitiveness of their car is reflected with actual results.

For that reason, Heidfeld appears to be the logical choice.

Mr Biffo

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevi555 Wed 9 Feb - 17:24

Same as I said on 606 and for the same reasons as Biffo, has to be Heidfeld. At least that would be the sensible conclusion.
What if it's neither of the above mentioned. Hmmm
Stevi555
Stevi555

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down